Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 23-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
synbios64

Default "Detour Bars" Energy Bars - be warned!

I've been seeing ads all over the place as of yesterday (Including an ad right above this text box as I'm writing this message) for "Free Box of Detour bars" Implying that you can enter a contest and win.

I've checked the ingredients via their official website and there's all kinds of genetic crap like soy and maltrodextrin, as well as crap like titanium dioxide and potassium sorbate.....and worst of all: sucralose and.......Neotame! Neotame is supposed to be a new & improved, much more toxic modern version of Aspartame. According to the official Neotame website 0.006 grams of neotame is as potent as 35 grams of regular sugar....which is crazy!

I can see why they want to give them away. I know most people on here eat healthy enough to avoid crap like this altogether anyway - but I thought I would post a warning just in case.

Edit: Upon further investigation of their website, "Detour" was started in 2002. Neotame was approved in 2002. Coincidence?

Last edited by synbios64; 23-03-2013 at 01:43 AM.
synbios64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
allure

I use AdBlock so don't see ads on the internet. But I already know that there's no such thing as an 'energy bar' or 'health bar' that isn't anything but complete bullshit.
Old 23-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by synbios64 View Post
I've been seeing ads all over the place as of yesterday (Including an ad right above this text box as I'm writing this message) for "Free Box of Detour bars" Implying that you can enter a contest and win.

I've checked the ingredients via their official website and there's all kinds of genetic crap like soy and maltrodextrin, as well as crap like titanium dioxide and potassium sorbate.....and worst of all: sucralose and.......Neotame! Neotame is supposed to be a new & improved, much more toxic modern version of Aspartame. According to the official Neotame website 0.006 grams of neotame is as potent as 35 grams of regular sugar....which is crazy!

I can see why they want to give them away. I know most people on here eat healthy enough to avoid crap like this altogether anyway - but I thought I would post a warning just in case.

Edit: Upon further investigation of their website, "Detour" was started in 2002. Neotame was approved in 2002. Coincidence?
I'm not aware of any energy bars/protein bars that don't contain toxic substances. If you know of any, please post their names.
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
al209

You can just make oat flapjacks with whey protein yourself. Piece of piss to make and your in total control what goes in. All else aside, those bars are bloody expensive.
Old 23-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
synbios64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin43diqs View Post
I'm not aware of any energy bars/protein bars that don't contain toxic substances. If you know of any, please post their names.
There's a health food store around here that had a pretty good one. The taste wasn't the best, but it tasted like REAL food, and not chemicals.

To my knowledge there was no crap at all, just really good exotic fruits/vegetables/herbs and seaweeds. The very first thing it says in the ingredients list is (Non-GMO), which is a great start.

I forget what it was called; next time I go there I'll be sure to let you guys know, and I'll post the ingredients in case there is something bad I am unaware of.
synbios64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by synbios64 View Post
There's a health food store around here that had a pretty good one. The taste wasn't the best, but it tasted like REAL food, and not chemicals.

To my knowledge there was no crap at all, just really good exotic fruits/vegetables/herbs and seaweeds. The very first thing it says in the ingredients list is (Non-GMO), which is a great start.

I forget what it was called; next time I go there I'll be sure to let you guys know, and I'll post the ingredients in case there is something bad I am unaware of.
Thanks. I would be interested in knowing whether you've found a healthy one.
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote