Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 29-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #21
pythaem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gestaltdude View Post
ACtually I have one question. I am returning to university to recommence my psychology studies. I have a 3 year BA with a psych major. In Australia you need a minimum of four years, which is the first step. You can work with a four year degree, with someone looking over your shoulder, though that is dependent on what area you are working in. I heard the other day you might be able to work for yourself if you intend to do counselling only as opposed to clinical diagnosis etc. Mostly though you need at least a two year masters in a specialty, usuall clinical psychology. You dont need a doctorate to work as a psychologist, thought there are a variety of professional and academic doctorates available, usually a combined master/phd program.

I know things a different in the US, mainly because of the differences in the health system. I know i will never get into medical school, which rules out psychiatry. This to me leaves two fields, counselling and clinical psychology. The counselling is more what i imagine i'll be doing when i am working, sitting around talking to and trying to help people with their problems, etc.

To me the issue seems to be the end effect. You go and see a clinical psych, they can diagnose you then in all probability handball you onto a psychiatrist for medication. If you see them again it is in the context of providing follow up therapy. A counsellor on the other hand isnt as strong on the diagnostic but will, depending on the nature of the problem, stay with you until the issue has been resolved.

My question is this. Assuming my summary of the issues is correct, which do you believe the most useful field; counselling (may be called psychotherapy, not too clear on that) or clinical psychology?
Where I am from counseling and psychotherapy are used interchangeably. Broadly, often counseling implies simply listening to a person and providing support, while psychotherapy implies "inside-oriented" work, where you go deep into childhood, dreams, trauma, etc. over long-term. The labels used for my particular job include counselor / therapist / psychotherapist, but they're just words. Just labels like all of this stuff.

Here, psychologists (usually have a PhD) are usually in private practice, charging $200/hour to rich soccer moms and such. Master's-level clinicians like myself usually work in the public sector, or "charity care" as people call it. Usually (as in my case) people aren't required to have insurance or even money, it's tailored to their situation.

I believe all of these fields are useful, but it's up to the person. Some people get a degree and everything goes to their head, they think they're some kind of guru with all the answers. Some of us (myself) know that it's just a piece of paper with fancy words on it and your intuition, compassion, empathy, etc. are what really matter.

The beautiful thing about this field is that you make your path what you want it to be. Yes, you have to have some kind of education according to our system to work in these areas, that's just the way it is right now. Clinical psychology tends to be much more rigid and scientific, whereas counseling is a lot more right-brain, open-minded, "we're not experts" type outlook. But I know some uppity master's clinicians and some really open-minded phd's too.

I would go for whatever credentials you want, as long as they tie in with the kind of work you want to do. If you want a fancier title, more money, and to focus on research, psychological testing, etc. then clinical psych is the way to go. If you just want to work with people in any capacity, degrees in counseling, social work, human services, etc. are a good start. But, you can get any degree and apply it in a wide range of areas. You can teach, do counseling in a clinic that doesn't do medication, start your own non-profit organization with your own philosophy, lots of possibilities.
Old 29-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
pythaem

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton paulie View Post
I should apologise. I am sorry. I say stupid things without thinking often - it seemed to make sense to me at the time. I guess that's just my feelings aimed towards the psychiatrists I've seen. Erm.. yea, forgive me. I hope I didn't make you feel bad. Sorry again.
peace
That is very, very cool of you to say that, thank you. And I completely understand how you feel. We have a fucked up system and from my experience the people in charge are definitely the most fucked up. Sorry if I came across as sharp in my reply earlier too. Peace
Old 29-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
brighton paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythaem View Post
That is very, very cool of you to say that, thank you. And I completely understand how you feel. We have a fucked up system and from my experience the people in charge are definitely the most fucked up. Sorry if I came across as sharp in my reply earlier too. Peace
Thank-you for being understanding. No one ever deserves to be spoken to like that. I guess I have some anger floating around inside and I'm still not all that skillful at giving it an outlet. Your reply was just, I have no qualms with that so it's cool.

anyways.. on with the thread
brighton paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
pythaem

Another thing I'd like to add for anyone considering work in this area, is that you don't have to represent the system. You can be whatever kind of a worker you want. Just because you're a social worker doesn't mean you have to be a child welfare worker who takes kids away under false information. A psychiatrist doesn't have to prescribe psychiatric medication, you can go into 'alternative' (hate that word) treatments too. Therapist doesn't mean you have to put the person on a couch and tell them they hate their mother.

Each state in the US has different licensing procedures. I was already somewhat "conscious" going into the field, so I kept in mind throughout my education that this is what I have to do in order to work with people, not that everything coming out of my professor's mouth or a textbook is the ultimate truth. Many, many clinicians out there KNOW what is going on and trying to help people in a CARING way, not imposing what the system views as "healthy".

We NEED more people like the people on these forums. I even have a David Icke quote on my bulletin board Some colleagues think I'm crazy, others share my views as well. You really can work within the system, but uphold your values, follow your intuition and make a difference.

edit - one fun fact, in 2009 when I went to a David Icke talk in New Mexico, the two women sitting to my left and the woman sitting to my right were all therapists, lol. So we had some fun talks about a lot of this stuff. It's funny, a lot of what David presents, specifically towards the end of his talks when he goes into intent, following your intuition, taking love over fear, etc. is a lot of what we try to promote in therapy, without imposing our beliefs of course.

Last edited by pythaem; 29-01-2011 at 04:26 PM.
pythaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #25
vrth
Inactive

Default .......

Pythaem... interesting end note - intuition!

Leads me to think about care within the 'system', people's psychiatrists and psychologists, but it's difficult for someone to truly be alert to 'right action' and thus their intuition if they're mentally unstable or at a loss in life of some sorts.

When David Icke talks about intuition it brings up a WIDE ARRAY of guidance for me but that guidance to follow would mean complete insecurity and changing of boundaries; it really brings up survival issues and personal fears related to security..

Other aspects of it are healing and life loving.. Get me?
vrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #26
somethinganonymous

Psychiatry is inn my experience a nazi-run system of terrorists, torturists, abusers and crazies who will try and destroy your manhood and turn you into a wussy gay. Nuff said
somethinganonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #27
ftil

It is a very interesting tread. After I graduated in this field, I started questioning all theories. Psychiatry and DSM IV is a big BS. They change constantly adding new diagnostic categories. We can even find in DSM IV Caffeine-induced organic mental disorder. In 60 and 70, researchers developed monoamine hypothesis- that depression was due to a depletion of one or both neurotransmitters (serotonin and norepinepherine). It is well known that even though the immediate short term effects of antidepressant drugs are to increased the availability of norepinepherine and serotonin, the long term effects are to produce functional decrease in available neorepinepherine and serotonin. The early monoamine theory has not been replaced by a compelling alternative. They don’t know but psychiatrists are happy to prescribe antidepressant and many still explain that depression is a result of depletion of serotonin.

There is a very good BBC documentary movie. I was sick for two weeks as I uncovered layer by layer how mental health and psychology was used to control us.

The Century of the Self - 1 of 4 - Happiness Machines

The Century of the Self - 2 of 4 - The Engineering of Consent

The Century of the Self - 3 of 4 - There is Policeman Inside all our Heads, He Must Be Destroyed

The Century Of The Self - Eight People Sipping Wine_1 of 6

Therapy may be helpful but unfortunately there are many therapists who do more damage than good. I have seen people who were re-traumatized in therapy because the therapists blindly followed theories. Many therapists have no clue about emotional healing. I have met only one therapist who knew what emotional healing meant. She was a very gifted therapist and it was a pure delight to watch her working with people and to see changes.

Albert Einstein
ftil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #28
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftil View Post
It is a very interesting tread. After I graduated in this field, I started questioning all theories. Psychiatry and DSM IV is a big BS. They change constantly adding new diagnostic categories. We can even find in DSM IV Caffeine-induced organic mental disorder. In 60 and 70, researchers developed monoamine hypothesis- that depression was due to a depletion of one or both neurotransmitters (serotonin and norepinepherine). It is well known that even though the immediate short term effects of antidepressant drugs are to increased the availability of norepinepherine and serotonin, the long term effects are to produce functional decrease in available neorepinepherine and serotonin. The early monoamine theory has not been replaced by a compelling alternative. They don’t know but psychiatrists are happy to prescribe antidepressant and many still explain that depression is a result of depletion of serotonin.

There is a very good BBC documentary movie. I was sick for two weeks as I uncovered layer by layer how mental health and psychology was used to control us.

The Century of the Self - 1 of 4 - Happiness Machines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYBSXgtmKQ

The Century of the Self - 2 of 4 - The Engineering of Consent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34M5...eature=related

The Century of the Self - 3 of 4 - There is Policeman Inside all our Heads, He Must Be Destroyed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwRiY...eature=related

The Century Of The Self - Eight People Sipping Wine_1 of 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1VJr...861CD82CA2EA24

Therapy may be helpful but unfortunately there are many therapists who do more damage than good. I have seen people who were re-traumatized in therapy because the therapists blindly followed theories. Many therapists have no clue about emotional healing. I have met only one therapist who knew what emotional healing meant. She was a very gifted therapist and it was a pure delight to watch her working with people and to see changes.
Everyone should watch Century of the Self, it is one of the great films of all-time.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #29
vrth
Inactive

Default -----

"Psychiatry is inn my experience a nazi-run system of terrorists, torturists, abusers and crazies who will try and destroy your manhood and turn you into a wussy gay. Nuff said"

That's intelligent and open minded... Gays, Jewish folk and blacks are fucked. Credo Mutwa can go fuck himself to death from African monkey fucking Aids then..

?

You mean - in your experience Psychiatry was primarily a science from Nazi Germany (should be proud as it's not Zionist :-) with aspects of abuse and control going on of which falls within criminal bounds.

Yep.

Anyone else wanna be a bit more intelligent? It's a David Icke forum you know :-)
Old 29-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #30
vrth
Inactive

Default I could be wrong....

Ftil - NICE ONE..

I think you said interesting rational stuff there..

It also touches upon the aspect that these drugs cause A DEFICIT over long term exposure.

The problems/imbalances are either 1) exacerbated &/or 2) created neurologically - the patient has to keep taking the drugs or fall by the wayside over the long term....

hmm....
Old 29-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
vrth
Inactive

Default anon

something anon

try www.resistance.com - if you're into that.
Old 29-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
ftil

Quote:
vrth wrote:

Ftil - NICE ONE..

I think you said interesting rational stuff there..

It also touches upon the aspect that these drugs cause A DEFICIT over long term exposure.

The problems/imbalances are either 1) exacerbated &/or 2) created neurologically - the patient has to keep taking the drugs or fall by the wayside over the long term....
There is another problem that psychiatrists don't about Tardive dyskinesia.
Tardive dyskinesia is a neurological disorder resulting from excessive use of phenthiazines (antipsychotic drugs). The drug side effects can occur months to years after treatment has been initiated or has stopped. The symptoms involve involuntary movements of the tongue, lips, jaw, and extremities.

Albert Einstein
ftil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #33
vrth
Inactive

Default ...

y

as u know there's various tardive disorders and dyskinesia is one of them....

however, not supporting the 'system', the data on the amount of kids taking antipsychotics vs people with TD & related side effects after usage is either not reported on honestly or the numbers are lowish considering..

antipsychotics are strong drugs used at varying levels.

lamictal (some of you may know it well) / lamotrigine is a drug which is truly weird in my view. the only mood stabiliser utilised as a positive for the depressive side of BP or other affective disorder - how about the rash statistics for stevens johnson syndrome!!?

1 out of ten gets a benign rash, an autoimmune response, and 1 out of 1000 gets sjs!?? 1 out of supposedly 40,000 dies and yet 1 out of 1000 would be very disabled from sjs... crazy...?

my point is, what is the motivation in using these drugs with these kind of threatening side effects when companies like NASA and the military in general have secret technologies for weaponry, surveillance and biochemical means?

Many people have said the drugs 'saved their lives' or are 'effective' but Psychiatry hasn't really come along way in technology since WW2.

Lithium is still the no.1 gold standard for mood disorders and augmentations for antidepressant properties - that's a basic one for biotech.
Old 29-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #34
porridge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftil View Post
There is another problem that psychiatrists don't about Tardive dyskinesia.
Tardive dyskinesia is a neurological disorder resulting from excessive use of phenthiazines (antipsychotic drugs). The drug side effects can occur months to years after treatment has been initiated or has stopped. The symptoms involve involuntary movements of the tongue, lips, jaw, and extremities.
I believe they are referred to as 'tic's'. Or could look at them as torture scars?

There's a great doc on psychiatry called "Instrument of death" or something. Is a Scientology video, which most people jump on, but forget the messenger the message is spot on.
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #35
vrth
Inactive

seen it... scientology has some good info but I don't get their money driven cult club.. on the other hand, why are they so anti-psychiatry? well, they have a 'cult technology' to sell and it comes with a price money/privacy/mind fuck/control wise...

there doesn't seem to be a 'complete new methodology' for natural psychiatry per se.

there doesn't seem to be anything new discovery wise that natural therapy is touting as a global standard.

it seem there is 'megavitamin' therapy and nutritional diets which are not free giveaways and the details are 'pay as you go' without any 'rave reviews' - dodgy herbalist new age stuff perhaps..
Old 29-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #36
vrth
Inactive

Default ....

there is no DEFINITIVE EVIDENCE with natural therapy, nothing standing out which is keeping people out of hospitals or away from traditional psychiatry.

which is saddening.

i wish there were breakthroughs with data to back it up.

scientology just exposes what doesn't work and the data is questionable as it's unofficial controlled studies.

there seems to be control pitches going on on both sides - which is creepy and the reality of the game, power structures involved.

INTERESTING.
Old 29-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #37
porridge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrth View Post
antipsychotics are strong drugs used at varying levels.

lamictal (some of you may know it well) / lamotrigine is a drug which is truly weird in my view. the only mood stabiliser utilised as a positive for the depressive side of BP or other affective disorder - how about the rash statistics for stevens johnson syndrome!!?

1 out of ten gets a benign rash, an autoimmune response, and 1 out of 1000 gets sjs!?? 1 out of supposedly 40,000 dies and yet 1 out of 1000 would be very disabled from sjs... crazy...?

my point is, what is the motivation in using these drugs with these kind of threatening side effects when companies like NASA and the military in general have secret technologies for weaponry, surveillance and biochemical means?

Many people have said the drugs 'saved their lives' or are 'effective' but Psychiatry hasn't really come along way in technology since WW2.

Lithium is still the no.1 gold standard for mood disorders and augmentations for antidepressant properties - that's a basic one for biotech.
Im pretty sure most of the drugs they use are basically the same, with a slight different formula or maybe a different chef(bad joke) Resperidone was sposed to be revolutionry without all the 'tics' but is no different.

Amazing how psychiatrists get payed so much to do basically monkeys work.
They are more powerful than the police, maybe even a judge who can put you away indefinitely.
People moan about GITMO & Abugharib, when there have been far worse atrocities going on in this country for centurys & it has no way got any better.
Harold Shipman was a puppy compared with these sadistic bastards & their petrol attendants, dishing out the punishment.

Think I am joking, strip off & run naked down the road declaring yourself Jesus & see what happens
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #38
technoir

Default What is psychiatry?

Sometimes the simplest and most obvious answer is the correct one. Psychiatry is a form of mind control. Its aim to alter the behavior and thinking of individuals through the use of drugs and suggestion. Plain and simple.

While not "controlling your mind" like a sorcerer casting a spell on a hapless subject, Psychiatrists do want you to emerge from your treatment sessions with the overall goal of altered behavior and thinking, in relation to your personal history.

Overall, I would say the goal of psychiatry in general is to generate negative low-vibrational emotions, thoughts and behaviors in patients. The goal is not to cure the patient, but to hurt them even more. It's the nature of the reptilians, to feed off of anger, guilt, shame, fear, despair, etc. Everyone knows that. Paranoia and depression fill reptilians with wonderous ecstatic feelings and give them immense energy, so why would they want those feelings to stop? No, they'd want to enhance them even further by any means necessary.

Patients despair over side effects, and stop taking the drugs, which sends them into a further downward spiral because they've become dependent, both physically and mentally on the drugs and when withdrawn the brain cannot cope. If they remain compliant, the main side effects of general cognitive impairment and hormonal reduction can induce immense low-vibrational energy for general use, especially if the patient is isolated and left alone with a television and a bed.
technoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #39
camreeno
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythaem View Post
you're absolutely right. depression is often based on "cognitive distortions"
and there are a lot of great books out there on this specifically, that teach you basically what you would learn from therapy.
Yeah. People need to know that the pharmaceutical industry has a vested interest in people thinking they need drugs to solve their mental problems because if they told the truth, they know far fewer people would buy their stuff. They have to perpetuate the lies to stay afloat. Speaking of books, philosophy covers lots of things. Philosophy is basically a manual of cognitive psychology. For instance if you are having problems in a relationship, just look up the philosopher Shopenhauer and you will realize that love is all about a biological drive to reproduce and isn't something to get depressed over.
camreeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #40
vrth
Inactive

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by camreeno View Post
For instance if you are having problems in a relationship, just look up the philosopher Shopenhauer and you will realize that love is all about a biological drive to reproduce and isn't something to get depressed over.

LOVE THAT! HAHAHAH

Basically, if you're depressed and it's negative in your relationship - get out! The drive to fuck!