Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
vrth
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Psychiatry, psychology?????

Interesting to hear stories from experience from forum readers regarding the effectiveness of psychiatrists and psychologist?

Any positive or negative experiences? Conspiracy surrounding the 'system'?

Save any lives? Mend any lives and if so why did it?
vrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
brighton paulie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 106
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

hahaha cool idea for a thread

In the UK the mental health system was created during the Victorian period to suppress and demonise all the people having spiritual awakenings. This is why the symptoms of having a spiritual awakening is very similar to that of mental health problems such as scizophrenia and bipolar.

I've been referred several times to psychiatrists in my life and they are on the whole some very brainwashed individuals with a very limited understanding of how people work. Of course this is a gross generalisation and there are individuals who work in the industry who are very good at what they do and are more open to 'other worldly' and 'spiritual' matters. When I've tried to talk to them about my experiences you can read their reactions and instantly their indoctrination comes into play and they start to form ideas about what is wrong with you, to what extent you are mentally ill and which part of their training they should put into practise to deal with you. Most of them of patronising fucktards who have no understanding of the bigger picture and cannot see beyond the limited beliefs instilled in them by their lengthy psychiatric education. To put it simply, they think they know best.

In my opinion from my experiences the psychiatry/mental health system is defo an illuminati front designed to drug up, stigmatise and confuse any people acting out of the norm. This has led to a fear in society of acting 'strange' and has contributed to the paranoia that some people have about how they are percieved by others and how they must act, especially in public. The mental health system is the perfect front to distort and retard people who are awakening either thru plying them with drugs, putting them in a mental hospital or coaxing them into believing there is something fundamentally wrong with them so they abandon the amazing things which are happening to them and begin to view their 'crazy' experiences as something to be feared, ignored and suppressd at all costs.

Last edited by brighton paulie; 28-01-2011 at 08:25 PM.
brighton paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
sannox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,589
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

one minute they say prozac then its librium then its blue smarties fekum ive decided on beer to make living in this hellish planet acceptable and stop me going naked in shopping centres .

when they agree on one thing i will take them seriously .
sannox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
pythaem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: US
Posts: 470
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I can share some of my experiences as a clinician in the US. I'm a 'psychotherapist', in that my credentials include a master's degree, whereas a psychologist or psychiatrist holds a doctoral degree.

I do support some conspiracy theories in various aspects of existence, but I don't really believe much of it as 100% universal truth, because it’s still something I’ve read or heard on the internet as opposed to witnessed or experienced first-hand. To my knowledge there is no conspiracy specific to psychiatry; but it is a part of the pharmaceutical industry so any corruption or conspiracy within the health system will often spread somewhat to each branch. I do believe that the health industry overall, including psychiatry, is more about money than helping people (As DI would say it's about wealth not health). So, even though I do believe we’re helping people, we’re always in some way cutting back on quality of services, available staff, face-to-face time with doctors, etc. in order to keep the money flowing.

I do not believe the psych meds our patients take are put there to make them into zombies or to enforce some mass mind control project. I’m sure there’s a great deal of information out there that leads many to believe they are doing exactly that, but I’ve yet to see anything conspiratorial in my work experience (8yrs). It’s not all positive and it’s not all negative. I’ve seen medications do great things for people, and I’ve also seen them do really awful things to people. Medication is medication. Good and bad. It can reduce physical anxiety and depression to the point that one can function safely and work on intellectual and emotional needs. Someone who is incapable of self-care (and will die) due to psychotic symptoms, will certainly benefit from medication. In the case of “side” effects, yes there is always potential and they can be quite awful. Weight gain, sexual dysfunction, muscle disorders, etc. It’s up to the individual (or, sadly, the legal system depending on your location) to determine what’s worse; suffering from tremors or hearing voices, gaining weight or risking a manic phase, etc.

Sometimes a pill ‘fixes’ a person, sometimes it makes them worse. I think in all forms of healthcare, we are still very dumb. I absolutely despise our healthcare systems and the greedy fucks behind them, but I do the best I can to help people and do work I personally believe in. We probably have the potential to heal every wound on the planet, but we won’t get there until the system limiting us is either destroyed or transformed.

As far as saving lives, in therapy people save their own lives. We all have everything we need to face our emotional struggles, but sometimes we need someone else to remind us. I’ve assisted in physically restraining people who are in the act of attempting suicide, but I don’t feel like a hero afterwards.

I’m very active spiritually, but can’t say I agree with what people say about psychotic symptoms being spiritual messages; That has more to do with my observations than my education. But those are entirely subjective experiences with no proven authority of course. I see the patterns of symptoms, self-proclaimed messiahs and such coming and going, but who am I to say what they are experiencing is a symptom and not something else? We do the best with the information we have. There’s a lot of research on the “Enlightened vs. Delusional” debate and it’s a topic that has actually picked up a lot of interest in the past few years. They are also offering spirituality courses in many mainstream counseling degree programs now. Don’t expect to see much of that in medical school though

P.S. – I don’t think my education makes me better than anyone else, but I do love to talk about work so feel free to let me know if you have any questions
__________________
a forum about science, spirituality, conspiracy stuff, and other topics
http://www.perfectjourney.org
pythaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
camreeno
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,130
Likes: 6 (6 Posts)
Default

The inherent problem with psychiatry is the fact that it's leaning on a tendency to prescribe things based on what makes money... and to do that they could give bogus information as to what this drug or that drug does, not to mention they jack up the prices even though they contain cheap ingredients.

With psychology there is far less of a risk, because you're not dealing with physical material that is being sold. The results are immediate whereas drugs are suspect to thinking they are working when they aren't. With therapy you can immediately see results in your thought patterns and it's harder to fake its effectiveness. It makes me laugh how people turn to drugs to get over their depression or stress or whatever, when the better thing to do is just read a book on how to deal with depression or stress, and trace back WHY you are depressed or stressed and see if it is even LOGICAL to think the things we do. We tend to misinterpret our experiences.

For instance what if someone got depressed over stepping on a bug. "Ohhhh poor bug. We have to get a gravestone and bury it!!!!" Obviously you don't need to turn to drugs to get over something like that. I think the vast majority of teenage suicides happen over things like this. They might get overly upset over insults and don't have a stable understanding of life. Or if they were dumped by a boyfriend/girlfriends, all they have to know is that it's our biological drive to reproduce that made the relationship, and little more.
camreeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
pythaem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: US
Posts: 470
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camreeno View Post
The inherent problem with psychiatry is the fact that it's leaning on a tendency to prescribe things based on what makes money... and to do that they could give bogus information as to what this drug or that drug does, not to mention they jack up the prices even though they contain cheap ingredients.

With psychology there is far less of a risk, because you're not dealing with physical material that is being sold. The results are immediate whereas drugs are suspect to thinking they are working when they aren't. With therapy you can immediately see results in your thought patterns and it's harder to fake its effectiveness. It makes me laugh how people turn to drugs to get over their depression or stress or whatever, when the better thing to do is just read a book on how to deal with depression or stress, and trace back WHY you are depressed or stressed and see if it is even LOGICAL to think the things we do. We tend to misinterpret our experiences.
you're absolutely right. depression is often based on "cognitive distortions"
and there are a lot of great books out there on this specifically, that teach you basically what you would learn from therapy.
__________________
a forum about science, spirituality, conspiracy stuff, and other topics
http://www.perfectjourney.org
pythaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
indica
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester.
Posts: 2,812
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythaem View Post
you're absolutely right. depression is often based on "cognitive distortions"
and there are a lot of great books out there on this specifically, that teach you basically what you would learn from therapy.
Can you recommend me, some of these books?
indica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #8
let it shine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the land of the free
Posts: 721
Likes: 2 (1 Post)
Default

when i was much younger i went to a few psychologists and psychiatrists, and also voluntarily committed myself into a behavioral health clinic. i was fairly depressed back then and had really negative coping mechanisms.

i will say that i am really thankful to God for my experiences. i wasn't so much then, but looking back, they really set the course which allowed me to start moving toward the right direction.

i take the credit for getting myself out of my ten-year rut, though. (i should actually give the credit to God...) i applied what i learned from them, studied myself, my thoughts, my interactions with others, and studied a lot of philosophies and religions until i could finally grasp what was wrong with me and initiate the steps to solve my problems. it wasn't easy. none of what i learned would have made a bit of difference unless i was willing to change. and that's the main thing...unless you're completely fed up with yourself and ready to fight to change, only then can you really do it. no one else can do it for you.

this is one of the poems they gave us at the hospital, and it had a huge impact on me back in 2003 and i would like to share it with y'all:

DESIDERATA
by Max Ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.


With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
let it shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #9
blackstar76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 4,131
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Most of them get into that profession to figure themselves out. High bills and no answers.
__________________
This place is dead as heaven on a saturday night. But my very close companion gets me falling and get me laughing. She a hundred but she's wearing something tight---Lenoard Cohen
blackstar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
brighton paulie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 106
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythaem View Post
I can share some of my experiences as a clinician in the US. I'm a 'psychotherapist', in that my credentials include a master's degree, whereas a psychologist or psychiatrist holds a doctoral degree.

I do support some conspiracy theories in various aspects of existence, but I don't really believe much of it as 100% universal truth, because it’s still something I’ve read or heard on the internet as opposed to witnessed or experienced first-hand. To my knowledge there is no conspiracy specific to psychiatry; but it is a part of the pharmaceutical industry so any corruption or conspiracy within the health system will often spread somewhat to each branch. I do believe that the health industry overall, including psychiatry, is more about money than helping people (As DI would say it's about wealth not health). So, even though I do believe we’re helping people, we’re always in some way cutting back on quality of services, available staff, face-to-face time with doctors, etc. in order to keep the money flowing.

I do not believe the psych meds our patients take are put there to make them into zombies or to enforce some mass mind control project. I’m sure there’s a great deal of information out there that leads many to believe they are doing exactly that, but I’ve yet to see anything conspiratorial in my work experience (8yrs). It’s not all positive and it’s not all negative. I’ve seen medications do great things for people, and I’ve also seen them do really awful things to people. Medication is medication. Good and bad. It can reduce physical anxiety and depression to the point that one can function safely and work on intellectual and emotional needs. Someone who is incapable of self-care (and will die) due to psychotic symptoms, will certainly benefit from medication. In the case of “side” effects, yes there is always potential and they can be quite awful. Weight gain, sexual dysfunction, muscle disorders, etc. It’s up to the individual (or, sadly, the legal system depending on your location) to determine what’s worse; suffering from tremors or hearing voices, gaining weight or risking a manic phase, etc.

Sometimes a pill ‘fixes’ a person, sometimes it makes them worse. I think in all forms of healthcare, we are still very dumb. I absolutely despise our healthcare systems and the greedy fucks behind them, but I do the best I can to help people and do work I personally believe in. We probably have the potential to heal every wound on the planet, but we won’t get there until the system limiting us is either destroyed or transformed.

As far as saving lives, in therapy people save their own lives. We all have everything we need to face our emotional struggles, but sometimes we need someone else to remind us. I’ve assisted in physically restraining people who are in the act of attempting suicide, but I don’t feel like a hero afterwards.

I’m very active spiritually, but can’t say I agree with what people say about psychotic symptoms being spiritual messages; That has more to do with my observations than my education. But those are entirely subjective experiences with no proven authority of course. I see the patterns of symptoms, self-proclaimed messiahs and such coming and going, but who am I to say what they are experiencing is a symptom and not something else? We do the best with the information we have. There’s a lot of research on the “Enlightened vs. Delusional” debate and it’s a topic that has actually picked up a lot of interest in the past few years. They are also offering spirituality courses in many mainstream counseling degree programs now. Don’t expect to see much of that in medical school though

P.S. – I don’t think my education makes me better than anyone else, but I do love to talk about work so feel free to let me know if you have any questions
I think part of the problem with psychiatrists, psychotherapists and anyone else who claims to be some kind of mind-expert is that they think their degrees, masters and doctorates mean something. They believe all their training is relevant and factual and they are the leaders in their field and therefore claim authority on this subject.

"I’ve seen medications do great things for people, and I’ve also seen them do really awful things to people. Medication is medication. Good and bad. It can reduce physical anxiety and depression to the point that one can function safely and work on intellectual and emotional needs."

This is the exact problem! You guys think that it is essential that a person can function safely and normally in a society which is fucked up anyway. Tell me why it's so important that a person can function like a 'normal' human being? What is so wrong with a person turning to mush, not speaking, not moving, not interacting with people, getting lost in their inner world? With their health getting really bad? What is so bad about that? Why is it that you have gotten yourself a career to stop this from happening? Maybe while people are in that state there are remarkable and stunning things happening to that person which you cannot see. Maybe they need to go thru this phase of turning to mush and not being able to function in order to get to where they're headed. But you use your 5 senses to judge these people and their situation and you need to interfere and use medicines and whatever else to stop it from happening. Why!? You really just don't get it whatsoever.

And you make it sound like hearing voices is illusionary or a bad thing? I believe people cannot imagine they hear voices. The voices are always real. In which case these scizophrenic people have an opening into other worlds - but the psychiatrists want to close these doors no matter what. It's not a psychiatrist these people need with their medicine and their bullshit theories about mental health, it's spiritual guidence which will help them understand what is going on to them, why this is happening, what it means and how they can make the process as smooth as possible while embracing it to live an enriched and healthy life. And it's a loving, caring person they need to help them with the 3D basics like caring for themselves while they are going thru their experiences.

And "Risking a manic phase"... again you make it sound like this is a bad thing! It's liberating to have a manc phase. It's the 3D outcome of a person being shook to the very core, being awoken so deeply, being opened to new realities the ego cannot quite handle yet. A manic phase is the sign of a person having their blocks dissolved and their nervous system rewired.. this is purgatory of darkness and it's an amazing thing. And here you are making it sound like a bad thing.

And yes, your drugs don't always turn people into zombies but they shut down parts of peoples brains. That's how your drugs work. Different pills to numb and close down different parts of peoples brains which shuts down different parts of their consciousness and of course has adverse affects on their body. Are you surprised that your patients experience muscle loss, digestive problems, sexual dysfunctions and so on when you ply them with your drugs? Don't you see how you make people even more unbalanced? But you really have no clue what effects these drugs have on people - be honest.. do you honestly know ALL the effects the medicine you administer will have on ALL your patients?
If the answer is no I urge to you quit your job.

Like I said in my previous post - there is so much emphasis on making people appear and act normal that any kind of diversion from this is suppressed with great vigour. When you interfere with a person going thru this stuff you have absolutely no idea what you're messing with. You're interrupting a natural evolutionary process and you're doing so much damage to these people. Of course, you don't see it this way, you see it that you're helping because you haven't been thru it and you just have no fucking clue. You see a healthy body and mind as something essential which all humans must have and when that isn't the case you see that something is so very wrong and you want to try to fix them. It's bullshit. Only when you get very, very sick and nearly die and then return to health will you understand my point.

"I’m very active spiritually, but can’t say I agree with what people say about psychotic symptoms being spiritual messages; That has more to do with my observations than my education." - how can you make judgement on what is a spiritual symptom and what is a psychotic symptom? You're one person and you've only experienced what you have experienced so how can you make judgements on other peoples symptoms and then incorporate this into how the care plan is set out for your patients.

"We do the best with the information we have." - that really says it all.
Think about it.. where does this information come from, who controls the information flow, who has suppressed information in all areas of our lives for thousands of years?

Maybe one day when you go thru this and experience it first hand, you'll understand it all better and lose the need to medicate and 'heal' others who are going thru it.

I'm sorry if this seems like a personal attack, but, well it is.

Last edited by brighton paulie; 29-01-2011 at 12:02 PM.
brighton paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
wake_up_bomb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,994
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Hi all, I'm currently studying psychology with the eventual aim of becoming a psychologist. I didn't want to get involved in psychiatry because of the controversial nature of anti-depressant dugs, SRIs and all that. I suppose many people may consider psychology to be little better, if at all better. There are some good applications for it, and some bad. I intend to get involved in useful, beneficial work.

As for the fact that existing psychiatrists and psychologists seem conditioned and asleep, well this is not likely to be related to their profession. I think they simply are asleep, and happen to work in this area. And I think people often miss the point that, you can't be conditioned by something if you're conscious and aware of the process of what's going on. There are things I agree with in psychology, and things that I disagree with. It is not a case that there is one central orthodoxy, and everyone obeys it like a religious icon. Actually, in my study so far, some of Icke's topics have come up, and there are many important theorists that are studied that don't believe the same thing. For example, Chomsky believes that all human-beings have an innate ability to develop and learn language, of course many people disagree with this theory.

Also, surely it is better to have someone awake within this system, surely we need more of that? It seems better to me, anyway, than relying on the dole, and more ethical than most jobs out there. Yes, in an ideal world we'd all have the freedom of our own land, and so on. Don't see this situation as being particularly imminent. My aim is to get involved in the most worthwhile work I can, while I've also been getting involved in a couple of things to try to change the world we're living in for the better. That seems like the most positive and productive thing that I can do.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
nongeekywebdude
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,903
Likes: 232 (167 Posts)
Default

I think the brain chemistry model "Monoamine hypothesis" or "chemical imbalance hypothesis" used to justify modern Psychiatry and their medication has little scientific data to support it and is disputed by many, after all the research (over 25 years) its still just an unproven possibility. Of course this hypothesis is very good for large pharmaceutical companies.

The fact that scientists cannot even establish the baseline for a correct chemical balance in the brain makes the idea of prescribing drugs to change the chemical balance a complete nonsense. Apparently pharma advertisements now only assert that "that mental illness may be due to chemical imbalances in the brain and that their drugs work to correct this imbalance" - so on one hand they are saying that a chemical imbalance MAY be the problem but they are not sure enough to make that claim in advertising, but on the other hand their drugs will correct this imbalance just in case it happens to actually be the problem - FFS

Last edited by nongeekywebdude; 29-01-2011 at 01:48 PM.
nongeekywebdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #13
gestaltdude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rockingham WA
Posts: 2,244
Likes: 32 (9 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythaem View Post
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]P.S. – I don’t think my education makes me better than anyone else, but I do love to talk about work so feel free to let me know if you have any questions
ACtually I have one question. I am returning to university to recommence my psychology studies. I have a 3 year BA with a psych major. In Australia you need a minimum of four years, which is the first step. You can work with a four year degree, with someone looking over your shoulder, though that is dependent on what area you are working in. I heard the other day you might be able to work for yourself if you intend to do counselling only as opposed to clinical diagnosis etc. Mostly though you need at least a two year masters in a specialty, usuall clinical psychology. You dont need a doctorate to work as a psychologist, thought there are a variety of professional and academic doctorates available, usually a combined master/phd program.

I know things a different in the US, mainly because of the differences in the health system. I know i will never get into medical school, which rules out psychiatry. This to me leaves two fields, counselling and clinical psychology. The counselling is more what i imagine i'll be doing when i am working, sitting around talking to and trying to help people with their problems, etc.

To me the issue seems to be the end effect. You go and see a clinical psych, they can diagnose you then in all probability handball you onto a psychiatrist for medication. If you see them again it is in the context of providing follow up therapy. A counsellor on the other hand isnt as strong on the diagnostic but will, depending on the nature of the problem, stay with you until the issue has been resolved.

My question is this. Assuming my summary of the issues is correct, which do you believe the most useful field; counselling (may be called psychotherapy, not too clear on that) or clinical psychology?
__________________
Homer: You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
gestaltdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
vrth
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default thanks guys

THANKS GUYS - REALLY NICE POSTS AND INFORMATIVE FROM YOU ALL..


* I guess with what Pythaem is saying is fairly logical regarding the current healthcare system. In many ways it's all we know.

** Suppression of information is what ultimately conspiracy is all about!

Responses that are a personal attack seem irrelevant here because it sounds like an individual is in a constant state of discomfort/distress to live life 1) without the facts or knowing the intimate details of 'suppressed info' 2) is unaware that they have a 'need to know' everything, when we may never really know EVERYTHING pertaining to the notion of possible 'conspiracy' of data out of circulation.


Many scientists have studied infectious diseases (and other pathologies) like Toxicplasmosis - since the 60's - in how much of the population is infected, why in some people in causes mental/physical health issues etc. and why other people exposed to certain infectious diseases whilst being asymptomatic.

There are many questions to living beings we do not have the info on.

Why certain people exposed to cancer from being Nuked or industrial chemicals still alive and functioning at age 70+?

Why kids die of cancer at age 8? Fluoride in the water is not the greatest answer..

Why people grow up drinking shit and eating crap all of their lives and gain high qualifications later on with good jobs when others will say that colouring in sweeties/lollies caused their kids ADHD?

Why people die of lung cancer who never smoked?

Why my Grandfather died at 90 and smoked 2 packs of cigs, pipes till he was in his 60's and drank over bottle of Scotch whiskey a day?

Genes? Condition?

Every human being is different with a DNA and immuno response of which cannot be the same... Maybe Eugenics takes a twist herein rather than the typical conspiracy route! haha

They have not yet been able to pin point particular conditions which cause Bipolar like syndrome etc. only to reveal symptoms POSSIBLE and that are of which 'included' within the disease IE. LYME disease or HIV/AIDS.

* Not everyone experienced psychiatric issues with certain diseases too.. They may and they may not have with cancer, AIDS, or certain viruses/infectious conditions.

Most decent GP's will test the patient for obvious infectious diseases, Thyroid problems and so on prior to arranging out patient treatment with a Psychiatrist.

Psychiatry is usually the last place to go after ruling out all probable causes.

If it were so easy to say 'LUPUS' or whatever then that would solve many problems, but those conditions are defined within parameters. Most Doctors are not that stupid - some are - but something along the line can be picked up.

If they're withholding information, I'm sure we'd all like to know WHAT SPECIFICALLY THEY ARE WITHHOLDING from the public.

* All we get are new age advertisements on 'supplements' and dodgy promos for basic badly made run-of-the-mill health products with people shouting out their complaints in a kind of paranoid hypochondriasis.

** There's a lot of talk about Liver cleansing due to 'toxins' in the air, touch, use on our bodies and ingest. Yet, whenever any type of food is eaten (less healthy/more healthy) toxins are naturally formed...

I'd like to know WHAT INFORMATION IS BEING WITHHELD in relation to people's state of mental/physical health.

New age answers are not enough... It's too simplistic to say 'grow your own and don't drink the water or take prescription medicine for ANYTHING'..

It's impossible to drink rain water or grow your own vegetables today without trace elements being there regardless of period of history.

People died of water back in the 1600's and in 3rd world countries still do.

We're happy and fat and complain about 'aches, pains, digestive problems and what's causing depression..'

I know psychiatry, when done well, is quick and fast to functionality, some cannot function without it.

The issue is that these drugs such as mood stabilisers over the long term CAN cause either thyroid, haematological, kidney, and other problems..

Antipsychotics - in the short term work very effectively - though in the long term cause brain damage: in the long term when the patient comes off the drug destabilisation begins more so that when first started so constant treatment is needed to balance; plus tardive disorders occurs as well...

A number of harmful and undesired (adverse) effects have been observed, including lowered life expectancy, weight gain, enlarged breasts and milk discharge in men and women (hyperprolactinaemia), lowered white blood cell count (agranulocytosis), involuntary repetitive body movements (tardive dyskinesia), diabetes, an inability to sit still or remain motionless (akathisia), sexual dysfunction, a return of psychosis requiring increasing the dosage due to cells producing more neurochemicals to compensate for the drugs (tardive psychosis), and a potential for permanent chemical dependence leading to psychosis much worse than before treatment began, if the drug dosage is ever lowered or stopped (tardive dysphrenia).

* Like chemotherapy, the philosophy is just a little but not too much because the compounds are toxic.

Given specifics - not just random emotional diatribe - what is really going on with information they are suppressing within pharma manufacturing and the science of the body?

I don't think it's just "they're killing the immune system to control us" or "they're changing our DNA" (doesn't make sense anyway) because people are now living longer and personal hygiene is greater.

What is left out of academia?

What direction to go to connect the dots?


* When I see some Scientologist from a powerful cult offering a rant about Psychiatry being a pseudo science and offering watered down lifestyle/diet approaches with dodgy psychology inspired by off-world heritage I think WTF??!!

I spoke with a neurologist once about the term PSEUDO-SCIENCE and he said "I think Neurology is just as much as Psychiatry"...

Given info out of circulation, then what is PSEUDO-SCIENCE?

What's out of circulation and what direction regarding the human system?

vrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #15
vrth
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default ......

Icke mentions "genetically modified food is modifying us.." yet we're living longer..

Healthcare - food system - Eugenics program?

Are we actually living longer?

Is some or all of the data available within the confines of public academia valid?

How much of this work has theoretically truly been expanded upon as with what Icke and others explain always comes down to 'claims' without factual evidence... Interestingly weird that one...
vrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #16
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

Psychiatry and psychology. It's interesting to trace the origin of each word. Many will be aware that the prefix '-psych' stems from the Greek word psyche, meaning soul. It goes back even further to the Egyptian word sakhu. The 'khu' was the name for the higher intuition/wisdom part of the human spirit - and it's worth mentioning that the physical body was seen as part of the spirit also, the densest.

It would appear that psychiatry/psychology (as we've come to know them) do not take into account the spiritual totality of the human being, despite spirituality being implicit in the names of each discipline. They seem to only deal with things in a fragmented manner. The practise of administering drugs that can have devastating side effects makes psychiatry not much different from mainstream allopathic medicine. Surely there would be more holistic and homoeopathic treatments now being incorporated?

Last edited by decode reality; 29-01-2011 at 03:28 PM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
porridge
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: emigrating to Scotland..
Posts: 10,947
Likes: 1,651 (822 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton paulie View Post
hahaha cool idea for a thread

In the UK the mental health system was created during the Victorian period to suppress and demonise all the people having spiritual awakenings. This is why the symptoms of having a spiritual awakening is very similar to that of mental health problems such as scizophrenia and bipolar.

I've been referred several times to psychiatrists in my life and they are on the whole some very brainwashed individuals with a very limited understanding of how people work. Of course this is a gross generalisation and there are individuals who work in the industry who are very good at what they do and are more open to 'other worldly' and 'spiritual' matters. When I've tried to talk to them about my experiences you can read their reactions and instantly their indoctrination comes into play and they start to form ideas about what is wrong with you, to what extent you are mentally ill and which part of their training they should put into practise to deal with you. Most of them of patronising fucktards who have no understanding of the bigger picture and cannot see beyond the limited beliefs instilled in them by their lengthy psychiatric education. To put it simply, they think they know best.

In my opinion from my experiences the psychiatry/mental health system is defo an illuminati front designed to drug up, stigmatise and confuse any people acting out of the norm. This has led to a fear in society of acting 'strange' and has contributed to the paranoia that some people have about how they are percieved by others and how they must act, especially in public. The mental health system is the perfect front to distort and retard people who are awakening either thru plying them with drugs, putting them in a mental hospital or coaxing them into believing there is something fundamentally wrong with them so they abandon the amazing things which are happening to them and begin to view their 'crazy' experiences as something to be feared, ignored and suppressd at all costs.
Top post. Spot on!

Fuckers have to fall back to their programming or their conscience would start to take over & they wouldn't be able to keep lobotomising people no more.
The loons are running the asylum, & they all know it.
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
pythaem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: US
Posts: 470
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton paulie View Post
I think part of the problem with psychiatrists, psychotherapists and anyone else who claims to be some kind of mind-expert is that they think their degrees, masters and doctorates mean something. They believe all their training is relevant and factual and they are the leaders in their field and therefore claim authority on this subject.

"I’ve seen medications do great things for people, and I’ve also seen them do really awful things to people. Medication is medication. Good and bad. It can reduce physical anxiety and depression to the point that one can function safely and work on intellectual and emotional needs."

This is the exact problem! You guys think that it is essential that a person can function safely and normally in a society which is fucked up anyway. Tell me why it's so important that a person can function like a 'normal' human being? What is so wrong with a person turning to mush, not speaking, not moving, not interacting with people, getting lost in their inner world? With their health getting really bad? What is so bad about that? Why is it that you have gotten yourself a career to stop this from happening? Maybe while people are in that state there are remarkable and stunning things happening to that person which you cannot see. Maybe they need to go thru this phase of turning to mush and not being able to function in order to get to where they're headed. But you use your 5 senses to judge these people and their situation and you need to interfere and use medicines and whatever else to stop it from happening. Why!? You really just don't get it whatsoever.

And you make it sound like hearing voices is illusionary or a bad thing? I believe people cannot imagine they hear voices. The voices are always real. In which case these scizophrenic people have an opening into other worlds - but the psychiatrists want to close these doors no matter what. It's not a psychiatrist these people need with their medicine and their bullshit theories about mental health, it's spiritual guidence which will help them understand what is going on to them, why this is happening, what it means and how they can make the process as smooth as possible while embracing it to live an enriched and healthy life. And it's a loving, caring person they need to help them with the 3D basics like caring for themselves while they are going thru their experiences.

And "Risking a manic phase"... again you make it sound like this is a bad thing! It's liberating to have a manc phase. It's the 3D outcome of a person being shook to the very core, being awoken so deeply, being opened to new realities the ego cannot quite handle yet. A manic phase is the sign of a person having their blocks dissolved and their nervous system rewired.. this is purgatory of darkness and it's an amazing thing. And here you are making it sound like a bad thing.

And yes, your drugs don't always turn people into zombies but they shut down parts of peoples brains. That's how your drugs work. Different pills to numb and close down different parts of peoples brains which shuts down different parts of their consciousness and of course has adverse affects on their body. Are you surprised that your patients experience muscle loss, digestive problems, sexual dysfunctions and so on when you ply them with your drugs? Don't you see how you make people even more unbalanced? But you really have no clue what effects these drugs have on people - be honest.. do you honestly know ALL the effects the medicine you administer will have on ALL your patients?
If the answer is no I urge to you quit your job.
I already said I'm a therapist, I'm not a "Dr.", I don't prescribe medication. I listen to poeple. I also said we are very dumb in the healthcare system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton paulie View Post
Like I said in my previous post - there is so much emphasis on making people appear and act normal that any kind of diversion from this is suppressed with great vigour. When you interfere with a person going thru this stuff you have absolutely no idea what you're messing with. You're interrupting a natural evolutionary process and you're doing so much damage to these people. Of course, you don't see it this way, you see it that you're helping because you haven't been thru it and you just have no fucking clue. You see a healthy body and mind as something essential which all humans must have and when that isn't the case you see that something is so very wrong and you want to try to fix them. It's bullshit. Only when you get very, very sick and nearly die and then return to health will you understand my point.

"I’m very active spiritually, but can’t say I agree with what people say about psychotic symptoms being spiritual messages; That has more to do with my observations than my education." - how can you make judgement on what is a spiritual symptom and what is a psychotic symptom? You're one person and you've only experienced what you have experienced so how can you make judgements on other peoples symptoms and then incorporate this into how the care plan is set out for your patients.
Did you even read? I said this very thing myself....That it is all subjective experience and who am I to say something is a symptom and not something else....
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton paulie View Post
"We do the best with the information we have." - that really says it all.
Think about it.. where does this information come from, who controls the information flow, who has suppressed information in all areas of our lives for thousands of years?
You really don't know anything about counseling, or at least the kind I do. The whole point is to drop all barriers and be completely open-minded, to think beyond the system. The person determines her/his course of therapy, not me. I'm there for support. The person is the authority in her/his care, not me, my education or the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton paulie View Post
Maybe one day when you go thru this and experience it first hand, you'll understand it all better and lose the need to medicate and 'heal' others who are going thru it.

I'm sorry if this seems like a personal attack, but, well it is.
I really don't see where the personal hostility is coming from and you really, really misunderstood my post. And I'm pretty sure you didn't even read all of it.

I'm not going to respond to everything you posted because it's pointless if you're going to sling personal attacks over claims I never made or points we actually agree on.

As far as what's normal, what's healthy, etc. in our society today, I'm a big fan of this quote as I feel it's a good summary (think it was in a zeitgeist movie):

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti
__________________
a forum about science, spirituality, conspiracy stuff, and other topics
http://www.perfectjourney.org
pythaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
brighton paulie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 106
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythaem View Post
I already said I'm a therapist, I'm not a "Dr.", I don't prescribe medication. I listen to poeple. I also said we are very dumb in the healthcare system.


Did you even read? I said this very thing myself....That it is all subjective experience and who am I to say something is a symptom and not something else....


You really don't know anything about counseling, or at least the kind I do. The whole point is to drop all barriers and be completely open-minded, to think beyond the system. The person determines her/his course of therapy, not me. I'm there for support. The person is the authority in her/his care, not me, my education or the system.


I really don't see where the personal hostility is coming from and you really, really misunderstood my post. And I'm pretty sure you didn't even read all of it.

I'm not going to respond to everything you posted because it's pointless if you're going to sling personal attacks over claims I never made or points we actually agree on.

As far as what's normal, what's healthy, etc. in our society today, I'm a big fan of this quote as I feel it's a good summary (think it was in a zeitgeist movie):

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti
I should apologise. I am sorry. I say stupid things without thinking often - it seemed to make sense to me at the time. I guess that's just my feelings aimed towards the psychiatrists I've seen. Erm.. yea, forgive me. I hope I didn't make you feel bad. Sorry again.
peace
brighton paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #20
porridge
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: emigrating to Scotland..
Posts: 10,947
Likes: 1,651 (822 Posts)
Default

I watched John Nash - Beautiful Mind again the other night, couldn't help but find that film along with other's like Shutter Island, all throwing the same agenda at you, that there is no thing as conspiracys & anyone who has these thoughts is a loon & needs drugs for the rest of their life.
Is John Nash a lunatic? The same guy's ideas they used for cold war nuclear tactics, M.A.D.
Maybe just a coincidence & would like to read his biography to compare against the film.
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
psychiatry

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.