Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 15-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
clozaril
Inactive

Default dog days

well the dog days are upon us again--

was searching but couldn't find much. i remember reading that the dog days can account for wild behaviour and common madness plus other 'daftness'......but then again that happens all year round now

The term "Dog Days" was used by the Greeks (see, e.g., Aristotle's Physics, 199a2), as well as the ancient Romans (who called these days caniculares dies (days of the dogs)) after Sirius (the "Dog Star"), the brightest star in the heavens besides the Sun.

Popularly believed to be an evil time "when the seas boiled, wine turned sour, dogs grew mad, and all creatures became languid, causing to man burning fevers, hysterics, and phrensies" - Brady’s Clavis Calendarium, 1813.

Today, dog days occur during the period between July 3 and August 11. Although it is certainly the warmest period of the summer, the heat is not due to the added radiation from a far-away star, regardless of its brightness. No, the heat of summer is a direct result of the earth's tilt.
clozaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
curly

I read that the ancients associated sirius with the great catastrophe and flood and i believe it all stems from that.Cometary activity was supposed to emanate from sirius,homer said"that from his flaming hair shakes down diseases pestilence and war" i suppose that would explain the boiling seas.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 06:52 AM   #3
clozaril
Inactive

yeah i read that the romans said dog days was a time of general silliness and irrational behaviour caused by the sun alignment to sirius but after trawling through 5 pages of search results the above post is the best i can find.
clozaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
i_am

Throw in a full moon this weekend and we could see some even more eratic behaviour. Oh joy!!
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote