Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #21
quickening666
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Crowleys differs from the GD because he was bringing in the new aeon and so has the Aeon card instead of the Angel card (I think)...Though his changes might differ situations, it doesn't mean that something is correct and the other is wrong.
Yeah definately. Although there are some ridiculous tarot decks out there now which are based on absolutely nothing except a "cool" theme (the gangster tarot and things like that), I would never say that only one is "correct". Different readers find they can use certain decks better than others. Just a matter of experience.

I bought my first Crowley deck when I was sixteen and in hindsight, it was probably the last one I would choose to start with because I was overwhelmed with the symbology for a long time. Nowadays however, I won't use any other.
Crowley changed several of the Major Arcana. He changed "Strength" to "Lust", "Judgement" to "The Aeon", "Temperance" to "Art" (a BEAUTIFUL card), "The World" to "The Universe" and "Justice" to "Adjustment". In his Book of Thoth he gives his reasons for this and I find them to be sound reasons. For example in the case of changing "Justice to "Adjustment" he explains, "nature is not just according to any moral or ethical ideal, but nature is exact". Im reciting from memory but those are his words almost exactly.

Anyway here is the card of "Art" which I just absolutely LOVE:

Last edited by quickening666; 01-05-2008 at 09:41 AM.
quickening666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #22
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post

Danny Carey from Tool is a collector of Crowley's stuff etc. Have you seen his drum kit?

"MD: On your bio page on the band's Web site [www.toolband.com] it
states that you set up your drums "in proportion to the circle and
square of the New Jerusalem," and it mentions The Book Of Thoth.

Danny: That's one of the cards from Crowley's Tarot deck. It has an
incredible wealth of information. There's so much packed into each
one of those cards."
Tool are one of those bands whom I have allwasy respected and liked what I heard but never really gave a chance....

Yeah many artists dig crowley....

I think maybe from what I have heard sometimes your mood can determine what cards to use...so probably worth having a couple decks anyway... my next will be Thoth.... got to make sure i can walk first

Last edited by thirdwave; 02-05-2008 at 10:22 AM.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #23
llogun

ive got the robin wood deck they have got some great pictures on them. they are a bit like the ryder wait deck
llogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:40 AM   #24
strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
Tool are one of those bands whom I have allwasy respected and liked what I heard but never really gave a chance....

I think maybe from what I have heard sometimes your mood can determine what cards to use...so probably worth having a couple decks anyway... my next will be Thoth.
I've heard Tool is in the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis.) Not sure how much truth is in that as I've also known that Danny Carey is into the occult quite deeply, so it might just be him and/or Maynard.

I was into Tool quite hard for a while, not so much anymore. Though I am into a band called Tiamat now from Sweden, which seems to have some connection to the OTO as well, oddly enough. Or at least they licensed some material from the OTO for the album before their most recent, "lyrics" by Aleister Crowley to be specific. "Somewhat" similar to Tool. Although I like them better at this juncture in my life.
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #25
alrick888

Quote:
Originally Posted by llogun View Post
ive got the robin wood deck they have got some great pictures on them. they are a bit like the ryder wait deck
I really like the Robin Wood deck. I stopped buying tarot decks because once you start collecting them there's no end to it, but if I would buy one more deck, that would be the one.

Mainland Europe reliable MMS1/MMS2 supplier

What some might call enlightenment, others will call depersonalization.
alrick888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #26
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife View Post
I've heard Tool is in the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis.) Not sure how much truth is in that as I've also known that Danny Carey is into the occult quite deeply, so it might just be him and/or Maynard.

I was into Tool quite hard for a while, not so much anymore. Though I am into a band called Tiamat now from Sweden, which seems to have some connection to the OTO as well, oddly enough. Or at least they licensed some material from the OTO for the album before their most recent, "lyrics" by Aleister Crowley to be specific. "Somewhat" similar to Tool. Although I like them better at this juncture in my life.
it would not surprise me... I also am not so sure we can pigeon hole all these society's under the same bracket.... I think there are probably some good ones...

that being said it always seems to be the same old story nowadays... that groups just become corrupt and ruined.... and is probably the case with many of these groups...
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #27
elirien

Quote:

33 HE’S REALLY NAMED MAYNARD
Gotcha! Keenan was born James Herbert Keenan. We don’t know why he changed his name, and he won’t tell us. But now you know. And knowing is 1/33rd of the battle.

Quote from:
http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=2002

Tiamat's song is called "The Pentagram".

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-pentagram/
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/tiamat...am-lyrics.html
elirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #28
mr jones

Quote:
BTW Mr. Jones, you would not happan to be Welsh...? My mothers-mothers-grandparents came over from Wales, last name Jones
i'm not welsh and ive never heard of anyone in my family who was welsh
god knows how i ended up with this name.

did you know there is no letter J in the welsh alphabet?
a little birdy told me the name was originally Norwegian
mr jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #29
mr jones

Quote:
Geez, that's a very open-ended question!

Are you speaking of the astrological connection representing by the card that is Leo (did your home work I see)- the sun sign which is your overall character/ego, or do you have a specific questions pertaining to the meaning and interpretation of this card in how you feel it speaks to you?

Naga
i havent got i specific question, i think.
ive always had a kind of mental block about the card.

the card was crowleys favourite and he always speaks of babalon the whore, the scarlet woman and nuit. so i guess the scarlet woman is nuit?
he also refares to the book of law, ive tried to read it but i cant get my head around it.

maybe if i was X degree oto i would understand it

btw i like your red hair
mr jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #30
strife

Quote:
it would not surprise me... I also am not so sure we can pigeon hole all these society's under the same bracket.... I think there are probably some good ones...

that being said it always seems to be the same old story nowadays... that groups just become corrupt and ruined.... and is probably the case with many of these groups...
I don't pigeon hole them, personally. I don't know any OTO members, though I did know one guy that was going to join them a while back. He seemed nice enough to me, quite intelligent and all that. I've known a few masons and the ones I did know were quite nice.

And yes, it's true that any group can become corrupted. Just look at the so-called "Truth Movement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirien View Post
Gotcha! Keenan was born James Herbert Keenan. We don’t know why he changed his name, and he won’t tell us. But now you know. And knowing is 1/33rd of the battle.
Yup, I know all that stuff . Like I said I was pretty hard into Tool for a while and knew all about the band to a certain degree. http://toolshed.down.net is a big site for them, as well as what they were originally going to call themselves if my memory serves me correctly, Toolshed.

But I don't want to go too off topic so I'll say that my favorite card from the Thoth deck thus far is:

Last edited by strife; 02-05-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #31
naga

Quote:

I think maybe from what I have heard sometimes your mood can determine what cards to use...so probably worth having a couple decks anyway... my next will be Thoth.... got to make sure i can walk first

Regardless of your taste in music, one can only appreciate the genius and talent- listen to the music... read the lyrics!

I'll be requesting your friendship on my space, in case you wonder who the crazy chick is knocking at your door- HA!

... and "possession" is 9/10th's of the law!

http://myspace.com/NagaGirl8
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #32
naga

Quote:

Hmm just posted a blog on my space on Tiamat the Babylonian story of the Dragon Goddess of Creation.

What do you think about Maynard’s newer project- Puscifer, I love it! Do you like The Mars Volta, they are brilliant musicians, as well as, their lyrics/poetry which are right up my alley!

Old 03-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #33
naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirien View Post

Quote from:
http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=2002

Tiamat's song is called "The Pentagram".

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-pentagram/
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/tiamat...am-lyrics.html
I heard one theory... that is, his father/mother used to call him Maynard as a term of endearment as a little boy and it stuck... who knows? They like to be allusive. They want people to focus on the music not the titles and names as much!

Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #34
naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jones View Post
i'm not welsh and ive never heard of anyone in my family who was welsh
god knows how i ended up with this name.

did you know there is no letter J in the welsh alphabet?
a little birdy told me the name was originally Norwegian
Hmmm, all I know is my family, the Jones side came over from Wales; everybody is dead so it's kind of hard to get details- HA!!! Shit, who knows you could be my long, long, lost cousin or something

Maybe that explains why I like my fish raw, do they eat their steaks bloody too?

Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #35
strife

Quote:
Hmm just posted a blog on my space on Tiamat the Babylonian story of the Dragon Goddess of Creation.

What do you think about Maynard’s newer project- Puscifer, I love it! Do you like The Mars Volta, they are brilliant musicians, as well as, their lyrics/poetry which are right up my alley!
I actually haven't listened to them (Puscifer) yet, though checking them out on myspace atm. Odd, that the lead singer from Tiamat has a side project too named something similar, doesn't he? Lucy Fire? Maybe I'm mistaken. Ever since I've come across Tiamat a few years ago now I always thought they were similar to Tool.

I've grown more into Tiamat though, and grown farther from Tool. I prefer Tool's older albums as opposed to their last one.

I've seen A Perfect Circle live three times though, not too bad. Seen Tool live once.

Never heard of Mars Volta. I listen to stuff like Chiasm, Lacuna Coil, Satyricon, and Tiamat as far as recent "discoveries". Then I also listen to Alice in Chains, Pantera, and the like. I also like Goa and Psy Trance and other various electronica.

Quite the weird combo I suppose of dark metal (or whatever genre people call it these days) and then electronica on the other side, but whatever.

Another favorite of my cards from the Thoth deck is this:

I've always liked the word Strife, for quite some time now...and the card does not disappoint.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #36

Quote:

But I don't want to go too off topic so I'll say that my favorite card from the Thoth deck thus far is:

I like that card image being cancerain but it would also make a good shoulder piece or calf tattoo though why anyone would want to tattoo a baby cow i dont know
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #37
naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
I like that card image being cancerain but it would also make a good shoulder piece or calf tattoo though why anyone would want to tattoo a baby cow i dont know
It sure would my dear!

Funny, I am incorporating some of the symbols (from the Lust card)within my back piece… The Waratah-Blossom. I also thought the Universe or Star card would make a great calf/shoulder piece, for me anyhow.

Hey, what’s wrong with cows- don't let them here you blaspheme their name in India!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #38
naga

Default A bit off topic..

Quote:
I actually haven't listened to them (Puscifer) yet, though checking them out on myspace atm. Odd, that the lead singer from Tiamat has a side project too named something similar, doesn't he? Lucy Fire? Maybe I'm mistaken. Ever since I've come across Tiamat a few years ago now I always thought they were similar to Tool.

I've grown more into Tiamat though, and grown farther from Tool. I prefer Tool's older albums as opposed to their last one.

I've seen A Perfect Circle live three times though, not too bad. Seen Tool live once.

Never heard of Mars Volta. I listen to stuff like Chiasm, Lacuna Coil, Satyricon, and Tiamat as far as recent "discoveries". Then I also listen to Alice in Chains, Pantera, and the like. I also like Goa and Psy Trance and other various electronica.

Quite the weird combo I suppose of dark metal (or whatever genre people call it these days) and then electronica on the other side, but whatever.

Another favorite of my cards from the Thoth deck is this:

I've always liked the word Strife, for quite some time now...and the card does not disappoint.
~ I never got to see A Perfect Cricle-

The Bedlam in Goliath-

Posted today on the website of prog-fusion poster boys The Mars Volta, a biography on forthcoming full-length The Bedlam in Goliath tells an odd tale of murder, a haunted Ouija board, and band leader/composer Omar Rodriguez-Lopez nearly scrapping the album.

The bizarre backstory was penned by author Jeremy Robert Johnson (Siren Promised, Extinction Journals, Angel Dust Apocalypse), and it’s possible that the story is pure science fiction. If true, it’s simply disturbing.

As Johnson’s story goes, Rodriguez-Lopez bought a Ouija board, dubbed “The Soothsayer,” for singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala while in Jerusalem. Through it, the group connected to metaphysical voices, which became a collective force called Goliath and told of a love/lust/murder triangle between a man, a woman, and the woman’s mother.

Goliath’s hunger for contact supposedly led to equipment malfunctions on tour, drummer upheaval, an injury to Bixler-Zavala’s foot, a mental breakdown of the album’s main engineer, a flooded studio, and loads of bad mojo. Threats began to emanate from the board, so the band buried it.

The bad vibes started to dissipate, but continued turmoil — odd power outages and disappearing drum tracks — almost made Rodriguez-Lopez, a tireless creative force, give up.

Johnson’s biography of The Mars Volta can currently be read at their website, themarsvolta.com, where it’s posted as a downloadable document. The Bedlam in Goliath is set for release on January 29 through Gold Standard Laboratories (GSL) / Universal.

Sadly, GSL announced last week that it could no longer afford to release new music. Its back catalog will remain available online and in stores.

Photo credit: Ross Halfin

The Mars Volta: www.themarsvolta.com
Gold Standard Laboratories: www.goldstandardlabs.com
Universal Music: www.umusic.com
Jeremy Robert Johnson: www.jeremyrobertjohnson.com
Ross Halfin: www.rosshalfin.co.uk

Old 04-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #39
elirien

Quote:
I heard one theory... that is, his father/mother used to call him Maynard as a term of endearment as a little boy and it stuck... who knows? They like to be allusive. They want people to focus on the music not the titles and names as much!
I posted that because of the "knowing is 1/33rd of the battle" reference. It looked so Scottish But that is also an interesting detail of his private life. I actually don't bother with peoples steps toward music. The actual influences count more. There is one more song that comes to my mind. Its from the Portuguese band Moonspell.

http://www.mp3lyrics.org/m/moonspell/the-hanged-man/

Not that much from the occult but still a damn good song
Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #40
elirien

Quote:

If you have nothing against guttural vocals you can listen to Samael. They play some sort of electronic/dark metal which some call space metal They have interesting occult references.

http://www.samael.info/