Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
somethinganonymous

Default someone with knowledge, please share...

Hello.

This is my first thread in quite a while, having busying myself with various issues and actions, thus not having the energy to post much of anything on this forum. However, the last day, I had a very, very strange happening, that I really would like to find some meaning to. Therefore, I ask here.

I did a tarot reading on the internet (free service) I don't often do this kind of thing, as I find it quite applicable and accurate, and therefore I am a bit "scared" if tarot is good or evil, positive or negative, if I will burn for doing it or if it's nothing to worry about. Anyway... The reading I did showed that what I have in store for me is the tower card. Now, the interesting thing is, I did 6 different reading on the internet, and 4 of them gave me the tower card, the other two gave me the chariot, as to what will come of the future.

Other than that, the cards displaying my current affairs, current positives and negatives all showed mostly different cards in the different readings, but the interpretations of those cards all seem accurate with my current situation in life. So, the question thus on my mind is; what does the tower card symbolise? The card came up as the last card on all four of the readings. And second, what does the combination chariot- and tower- cards mean for my future? The chariot card came up last on both the readings as well.

EDIT: In addition to the tower/chariot-combination, I've also had the devil card reappear as what is against me. And what I'm working towards being justice and temperence (I think it was...) Working for me, I've had the sun re-appear.

Now, could anyone give me a short reading from the combination of these cards?

Any insight into this will be appriciated, I think...

Last edited by somethinganonymous; 05-07-2008 at 08:23 AM.
somethinganonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
krakhead
Premier Subscribers

If you think/believe it's evil, it will be evil.

The tarot will fuck with you if you ask the same question repeatedly....................
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
somethinganonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhead View Post
If you think/believe it's evil, it will be evil.

The tarot will fuck with you if you ask the same question repeatedly....................
Ok, thanks, didn't know that. I'll stop asking the same question several times...
Old 06-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
ericdubay
Banned

CHANGE! Is the key word for The Tower card. It symbolizes the overthrow of existing ways of life, catastrophe, disruption which brings a level of enlightenment, selfish ambitions failing, or bankruptcy. The 10th card ("final result") coming up as the The Tower happens to me quite often (I read Tarot online) and I take it to be a chance to change the outcome of your query before catastrophe.

Tarot uses symbols, numbers, archetypes, your consciousness and the luck of the universe to arrive at certain predictions about your life and future. It is a wonderful tool/excersize. Don't heed words of scared sheeple who tell you otherwise (someone said "Tarot is evil" ... come on). There is a reason the Christian Church doesn't want you to know Tarot and Astrology, but it has nothing to do with evil.

~Eric
www.atlanteanconspiracy.com
ericdubay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
disorder2k8
Inactive

The more people come to think that they may be unique, the more they actually just fall into a category shared by millions of others. The same can be viewed in tarot reading, eventually you will find patterns, because patterns are shared.

You probably associated with certain things and those things might be scary. But if you knew your future, would you do something to impede or stop it, changing it to a new future? Or would you just let it play out and not worry or get paranoid about what might be?

The lessons arn't meant to be tought from the outside, neither is knowing something in advance really learning from the experience.
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
anonymous01201
Inactive

Hope this helps.
Source: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

THE TOWER

Basic Card Symbols

A tower on a rocky outcrop, a powerful bolt of lightning, one or two figures falling from the tower, sometimes waves crashing below.

Basic Tarot Story

As the Fool leaves the throne of the Goat God, he comes upon a Tower, fantastic, magnificent, and familiar. In fact, The Fool, himself, helped build this Tower back when the most important thing to him was making his mark on the world and proving himself better than other men. Inside the Tower, at the top, arrogant men still live, convinced of their rightness. Seeing the Tower again, the Fool feels as if lightning has just flashed across his mind; he thought he'd left that old self behind when he started on this spiritual journey. But he realizes now that he hasn't. He's been seeing himself, like the Tower, like the men inside, as alone and singular and superior, when in fact, he is no such thing. So captured is he by the shock of this insight, that he opens his mouth and releases a SHOUT! And to his astonishment and terror, as if the shout has taken form, a bolt of actual lightning slashes down from the heavens, striking the Tower and sending its residents leaping out into the waters below.

In a moment, it is over. The Tower is rubble, only rocks remaining. Stunned and shaken to the core, the Fool experiences grief, profound fear and disbelief. But also, a strange clarity of vision, as if his inner eye has finally opened. He tore down his resistance to change and sacrifice (Hanged man), then broke free of his fear and preconceptions of death (Death); he dissolved his belief that opposites cannot be merged (Temperance) and shattered the chains of ambition and desire (The Devil). But here and now, he has done what was hardest: destroyed the lies he held about himself. What's left is the bare, absolute truth. On this he can rebuild his soul.

Basic Tarot Meaning

With Mars as its ruling planet, the Tower is a card about war, a war between the structures of lies and the lightning flash of truth. The Tower, as Wang points out, stands for "false concepts and institutions that we take for real." When the Querent gets this card, they can expect to be shaken up, to be blinded by a shocking revelation. It sometimes takes that to see a truth that one refuses to see. Or to bring down beliefs that are so well constructed. What's most important to remember is that the tearing down of this structure, however painful, makes room for something new to be built.

Thirteen's Observations

No card scares a Tarot reader like the Tower - or the person they're reading for if that person knows anything about Tarot cards. It is however one of the clearest cards when it comes to meaning. False structures, false institutions, false beliefs are going to come tumbling down, suddenly, violently and all at once. What's important to remember as a tarot reader is that the one you're reading for likely does not know that something is false. Not yet. To the contrary, they probably believe that their lover is being faithful, that their religious beliefs are true and right, that there are no problems in their family structure, that everything is fine at work...oh, and that they're fine. Just fine, really.

Alas, they're about to get a very rude awakening. Shaken up, torn down, blown asunder. And all a reader can really do to soften the blow is assure the Querent that it is for the best. Nothing built on a lie, on falsehoods, can remain standing for long. Better to tear it all down and rebuild on the truth. It is not going to be pleasant or painless or easy, but it will be for the best.

THE CHARIOT

Basic Card Symbols

Triumphal "car" (chariot), armored warrior, sun/moon symbols, lingam & yoni symbol (the encircled rod on the winged shield), black and white sphinxes/lions/horses, sometimes at rest. A canopy of stars and sometimes a throne inside the car.

Basic Tarot Story

The Fool is close to completing what he set out to create long ago, back when the Magician revealed those tools to him. But enemies are now standing in his way, devious human enemies, bad circumstances, even confusion in his own mind. There's no more forward momentum; he feels he is fighting just to stay where he is. Walking along the shore, watching the waves come in, he puzzles over how to defeat these enemies and get things moving forward once again.

It is here that he comes across a charioteer, standing in his gold and silver chariot, his black and white steeds at rest. "You seem a victorious warrior," the Fool remarks. "Tell me, what is the best way to defeat an enemy?" The Charioteer nods out at the ocean. "Have you ever been swimming in the water and been trapped in that tide which pulls you out to sea? If you try to swim forward, head-on, you go nowhere. You swim forward, the tide pulls you back and, if you tire yourself out, you drown. The only way to win without sapping all your energy is to swim parallel to shore, and come in slowly, diagonally. So, too, when fighting in a chariot. You win by coming up alongside that which you wish to defeat." The warrior nods to his beasts. "Your steeds keep the wheels turning, but it is your control and direction that brings victory. Dark and light, they must be made to draw in harmony, under your guidance."

The Fool is impressed and inspired. He thinks he now knows how to win his own war. He thanks the warrior, but before he leaves, the warrior stays the Fool, "One thing more," he says, "no victory can be won unless you have unwavering confidence in your cause. And remember this above all, victory is not the end, it is the beginning."

Basic Tarot Meaning

The chariot is one of the most complex cards to define. On its most basic level, it implies war, a struggle, and an eventual, hard-won victory; either over enemies, obstacles, nature, the beasts inside you, or to just get what you want. But there is a great deal more to it. The charioteer wears emblems of the sun, yet the sign behind this card is Cancer, the moon. The chariot is all about motion, and yet it is often shown as stationary.

What does this all mean? It means a union of opposites, like the black and white steeds. They pull in different directions, but must be (and can be!) made to go together in one direction. Control is required over opposing emotions, wants, needs, people, or circumstances; to bring them together and give them a single direction, your direction. Confidence is also needed and, most especially, motivation. The card can, in fact, indicate new motivation or inspiration, which gets a stagnant situation moving again. It can also imply, on a more pragmatic level, a trip (usually by car), a vehicle - in the shop for repairs if the card comes up reversed - or a message.

Thirteen's Observations

The Chariot is a fascinating card, but also frustrating. Like the crab, it is armored, but also cut off - a charioteer fights alone. It moves from one plane to the next (water to land and back again) - conscious and unconscious, Earthly and spiritual. It succeeds by attacking from the side, rather than straight on.

On the one hand, the Chariot indicates loyalty and faith and motivation; a conviction that will lead to victory no matter the odds. But the chariot can also signal a ruthless, diehard desire to win at any cost. The Querent should be reminded to save his energy for what comes after. Victory is just the start of things.
anonymous01201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
somethinganonymous

oh, this is not nice reading. So, I'm in war against false beliefs and false structures that WILL come tumbling down at great pain and cost. ???? I'm a warrior at war against HUMAN enemies. ??? And those enemies represents false beliefs and false structures and false institutions.. ???

This almost scares me. However, the meaning implied here is that I will be victorious I sure like the sound of that... Now, as to how it can relate to my life at the moment; well, I currently have a police case against me. I suspect the police are the human enemies, representing the false structures, beliefs and institutions... So, I will win a hard-won struggle against the police... Or maybe, it relates to my physical illness, as a hard-won victory against the false institutions of the public health care system. Who knows? Either way, I like the sound of me coming out of it with new-found truths, new beliefs, wisdom and alas, a hard-won victory. I hope it is true, but still, it shaked my core reading the meaning of those two cards.

Thanks.

EDIT: "It can also imply, on a more pragmatic level, a trip (usually by car), a vehicle - in the shop for repairs if the card comes up reversed - or a message."

The police case against me involves a fine for reckless driving....

Last edited by somethinganonymous; 08-07-2008 at 03:05 PM.