Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 11-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdragonfly1234 View Post
Great choice! But I think you'll find this one is a cover. The original was done in 1939!
thecatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #22
mrdragonfly1234

Thanks, the catsmeow,

I like Perfidia so much that I used to listen to every perfidia in youtube. Some of them disappeared, though, due to infringement law.

This one in particular, is by some anonymous guy singing in his backyard deck, and dancing with his wife. I listen this one whenever I feel moody and wants to cheer up little bit.

mrdragonfly1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #23
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, the catsmeow,

I like Perfidia so much that I used to listen to every perfidia in youtube. Some of them disappeared, though, due to infringement law.

This one in particular, is by some anonymous guy singing in his backyard deck, and dancing with his wife. I listen this one whenever I feel moody and wants to cheer up little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY6hsTHtrFo
Fabulous! I love all that Latino music! Must be the Spanish blood in me

Here's a very old one.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
ultimate_warlord
Banned

OK YOU OLD GUYS AND DOLLS...

Here`s some of my favourites. I bet most of you have forgotten these gems?
Tell me if you want more...

Last edited by ultimate_warlord; 11-03-2012 at 05:33 PM.
ultimate_warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
alienbiketrail

alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #26
alienbiketrail

Old 11-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
ultimate_warlord
Banned

MORE GOOD OLD STUFF...

Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #28
ultimate_warlord
Banned

I removed you from my ignore list because of this thread, catsmeow.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #29
glitter

TheCatsmeow: Definitley some endearing music here and will have to return to this post again. I luv how the 50's music was so dreamy, it just makes me wanna daydream all day, its very uplifting!

I also like 50's latino music too, i'm sure the blues and latino style inspired each other. Thinking of scarface music!

anyways heres some tunes i like....enjoy

Last edited by glitter; 11-03-2012 at 08:19 PM.
glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #30
mrdragonfly1234

Hey, hey, hey,

Love you all who like old movies and music. I can't stand any recent music. Yes, I am old, but not really old. I was born in 1963 in Korea. Back at the time, anything from the US was great. There was Korean music and movies, but I liked American music and watch American movies.

However, the radio/TV stations in 70s-80s Korea played imported movies and those were about 10-15 years older at the time. Also, they played old American music than contemporary music.

So I am more familiar with 60s music and movie, in fact it was 70s when I listen and watched.

Please write a short background story of why you like that particular clip, instead of dumping meaningless youtube clips. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #31
mrdragonfly1234

I don't enjoy listening to music at all. I am not a person who could concentrate on something while I am listening to the music.

There were about 30 LP records collections of my mother when I was a kid, and there were several movie themes or old music that came out from the radio.

Those are the melodies I am listening all the time. And the reason I listen those music is they bring me back to the past.

This was one of the songs among those records and I listened to this one maybe thousand times. It's only recent that I watched Nancy Sinatra on youtube and saw how she looked like when she was young.

I think that she is one of the most beautiful girls that I have ever seen.

Last edited by mrdragonfly1234; 11-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #32
alienbiketrail

Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #33
alienbiketrail

Old 11-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #34
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Hey, hey, hey,

Love you all who like old movies and music. I can't stand any recent music. Yes, I am old, but not really old. I was born in 1963 in Korea. Back at the time, anything from the US was great. There was Korean music and movies, but I liked American music and watch American movies.

However, the radio/TV stations in 70s-80s Korea played imported movies and those were about 10-15 years older at the time. Also, they played old American music than contemporary music.

So I am more familiar with 60s music and movie, in fact it was 70s when I listen and watched.

Please write a short background story of why you like that particular clip, instead of dumping meaningless youtube clips. Thanks.
Some really nice tracks here and MrDragonFly is right people should say a few words and communicate. It makes the thread so much friendlier than just posting lot's of music and saying nothing. It's nice to personalise it. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #35
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
I don't enjoy listening to music at all. I am not a person who could concentrate on something while I am listening to the music.

There were about 30 LP records collections of my mother when I was a kid, and there were several movie themes or old music that came out from the radio.

Those are the melodies I am listening all the time. And the reason I listen those music is they bring me back to the past.

This was one of the songs among those records and I listened to this one maybe thousand times. It's only recent that I watched Nancy Sinatra on youtube and saw how she looked like when she was young.

I think that she is one of the most beautiful girls that I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnQcExGaEvk&feature=fvst
I agree with you, "Silence is golden" and it's great to have complete peace and quiet so that you can listen to yourself and, now and again it's good to have some music to express your joy of life and share that joy with others. Much of the old music that I like now was very familiar to me as a child and has actually helped me through the recovery of some very traumatic childhood experiences. Here's one of them.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
mrdragonfly1234

Try to remember is one of those that I listened many times.

Ultimate warlord chose "telstar" and I like it very much with the group, ventures version.

This music was on the radio many times, but I didn't know the tilte or what that was about. I only found it was about the first satellite from this youtube video.

Think about the composer of the song imagined "flying in the orbit" on this first man-made object, looking over the globe. Very romantic and inspirational.
I could almost feel that I am flying alone around the earth with this music !

Awesome music, telstar !

Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #37
ultimate_warlord
Banned

Yes mrdragonfly1234, the Telstar still sends shivers down my spine. I still can`t choose between the ventures and the tornados version. Both equally good. You seem like a great guy, so here`s one for you, because I love film music too...

Last edited by ultimate_warlord; 11-03-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #38
mrdragonfly1234

Ancient people have believed that there was a spiritual world existing. They didn't have telephone. They didn't have TV, CD, internet, youtube. They only imagined the world where two persons who are sitting thousands of miles away can talk each other and feel the same feeling, listening the music that had been sung by a dead person.

Now, many among us do what ancient people only dreamed about, and still don't have any idea about what the spiritual life would be like.

Today, when I watch these old movie clips that I first watched when I was a kid, I feel that stars moving around the sky of the earth. And as they turn, people get older and perish. They are moving in a light speed and we will never catch it back, but still their spirits are alive and I can feel them, whenever I want to.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #39
ultimate_warlord
Banned

Quote:
Ancient people have believed that there was a spiritual world existing. They didn't have telephone. They didn't have TV, CD, internet, youtube. They only imagined the world where two persons who are sitting thousands of miles away can talk each other and feel the same feeling, listening the music that had been sung by a dead person.

Now, many among us do what ancient people only dreamed about, and still don't have any idea about what the spiritual life would be like.

Today, when I watch these old movie clips that I first watched when I was a kid, I feel that stars moving around the sky of the earth. And as they turn, people get older and perish. They are moving in a light speed and we will never catch it back, but still their spirits are alive and I can feel them, whenever I want to.
Nice to have your spiritual outlook on music, life and death, mrdragonfly...
So here`s another one for you, the original, and my favourite versions of this awesome ballad:-

Last edited by ultimate_warlord; 12-03-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 14-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #40
glitter

i luv this one too.....

glitter is offline   Reply With Quote