Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 25-01-2019, 02:53 AM   #21
lewi

Angry Work all your life to become a homeless pensioner

Quote:
The number of homeless pensioners across England has hit a record high, with more than 2,500 people over the age of 60 now without a home.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8419241.html

Last edited by lewi; 25-01-2019 at 12:20 PM.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 12:19 PM   #22
lewi

Exclamation Estimated 130,000 homeless children in the UK

Children are getting educated on how to be homeless thanks to the Government, now thats education at its most vile.
Quote:
One in four primary schools have homeless pupils, survey finds Schools are acting as a safe haven for ‘exhausted’ homeless children, The survey of more than 1,000 school principals found that 27 per cent of primary schools have homeless children.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/educ...inds-1.3769698

Last edited by lewi; 25-01-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 26-01-2019, 12:00 AM   #23
sparkplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewi View Post
Children are getting educated on how to be homeless thanks to the Government, now thats education at its most vile.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/educ...inds-1.3769698
Ireland isn't part of the UK.

However it's still a fucking joke that they are putting these ideas in the heads of kids wherever they are from.

Setting them up to accept the mess that Ireland may well end up in again.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #24
lewi

Arrow The evil oozes from these vile people in power

Quote:
Conservative councillor calls for homeless tents to be 'torn down' and people are outraged, soon to be victims of the murderous Tory governments austerity measures. Kathryn Kelloway was branded "inhuman" for asking Cardiff's Labour council leader to "tear down these tents". Her Twitter post sparked a massive backlash and the Conservative group said her suspension was "in light of recent comments on social media".
18 hours ago Conservatives distance themselves from councillor's comments
https://www.indy100.com/article/cons...lloway-8746406

Last edited by lewi; 26-01-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Old 26-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #25
lewi

Angry Sinking to the politicians level of thinking

The politicians in power now need to be made homeless stripped of the blood money they have accumulated from taxpayers they care nothing for and left to rot in back alleys as a warning to future politicians.
Old 27-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #26
solowrist

"Manchester shelter for homeless closes after three months."

"A 24 HOUR homeless shelter opened less than three months ago to kick off Mayor Andy Burnham's flagship 'bed every night' has closed permanently due to electrical problems.
It closed on Christmas Eve when faults were found with the electricity and has not opened since.
Manchester council which commissioned the shelter run by housing organisation Riverside has now confirmed it will stay shut permanently with sources suggesting that it would have cost thousands of pounds to put right."

Meanwhile across town: "Manchester council splashes out £1m on repairs to water feature. Manchester council will have spent more than £1m fixinging city centre fountains in two years after it confirmed plans to refurbish the Exchange water feature." Jennifer Williams of the Manchester Weekly News.

The majority of us are only a couple of default payments away from the front door to the tent flap where, God forbid, they will almost certainly find themselves in the hands of people that could not organise a piss up in a brewery.
Old 27-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #27
madbomber

Burnham has form. He's a New Labour apparatchik who has been suckling on the public teat for far too long. Time to get rid of this dirtbag. Send him back to Liverpool.
Old 30-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #28
rhydra

How I see it is that poverty is criminalised. Those who have less money already pay more for what they have, extortionate fees if they don#'t have bank accounts for direct Debits. Those who can't afford transport pay more for food because they can't travel to discount stores or shop online with cards.
Those who commit an "offence" such as being unable to pay a fine, council tax, fees have to pay more as they cannot avoid court, courts double the bill.
If you cannot afford to pay a debt the bailiff will take an extra £500 from you for nothing other than humiliation.
Being homeless is effectively a crime, not for you, for the benefit of others, it is effectively putting those well off onto a gibbet on a crossroads to remind others to keep their noses down to the grindstone, what will happen to them if they take a risk and fail, for them not to attempt to better themselves because the price of failure is extreme in this society.
That is how the powers that be have forced people into servitude, into fear of challenging the social order.
The people of the UK could make mincemeat of the state in a heartbeat. The anxiety stays the hands. The fear of failure is extreme, that is why most people have been made too terrified to try.

Last edited by rhydra; 30-01-2019 at 08:28 PM.
rhydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #29
lewi

Lightbulb Don’t believe the Tories – homelessness isn’t falling

31 JANUARY 2019

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-isn-t-falling

Quote:
The government's rough sleeping figures show a 2 per cent drop across the country in a year. The Housing, Communities and Local Government Secretary James Brokenshire has called this a “step in the right direction” and his aim is to “sustain momentum as we move towards ending rough sleeping”.

But there is no “momentum”. Because beneath that headline figure, rough sleeping is under-reported.
The number of rough sleepers in England is up by 165 per cent since 2010.

Last edited by lewi; 31-01-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 31-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #30
lewi

Exclamation 320,000 people now live on the street that we know about

Quote:
LONDON: Homelessness in London has gone up by 300 per cent over an eight-year period, according to government data published on Thursday (Jan 31) that revealed a full-blown crisis fuelled by housing shortages and spiralling rents. Almost 1,300 people sleep every night in the streets of the capital - the epicentre of a growing problem that is finally pushing local and national authorities to action as temperatures plunge in the city.

Homeless deaths are frequent - one in late December at Westminster Underground station captured national headlines because it was in the shadow of parliament. Some 320,000 people now live on the street or in emergency accommodation nationwide, according to the charity Shelter. Most were driven out of their homes by unaffordable rent, rather than by a life event, said the charity."If you are on a very low income and you need welfare support to be able to pay your rent. When the rent goes up, it becomes very difficult," Jon Sparkes, CEO at fellow charity Crisis, told AFP.

The charities blame the government's social and housing policy for exacerbating the problem."We choose whether we invest in social homes, we choose whether we invest in the welfare system to support people out of homelessness," said Sparkes.Overseeing an austerity programme implemented in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, the government has cut tens of billions of pounds from social programmes.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...eless-11191584
Old 31-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #31
jupiter12

Into the future we go ,,

Where the rich get richer by using slave workers at low wages ,,

Then back to the past ,,

Where food banks and hostels are replaced by the old model of Victorian work houses ,, to make the poor work even harder ,,

Everything is fine ,, if one is rich ,, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 31-01-2019, 08:15 PM   #32
techman

Burnham gives me the creeps whenever he pops up on the local news. I didn't know he was from Liverpool, doesn't sound like a Liverpudlian to me. He couldn't care less about homeless people, and sadly people fall for his charm and "I'm for the people of Manchester" front.

There is certainly a huge rise in homeless people in my town in Greater Manchester, everytime I walk by the shops in the town centre I see about 4 or 5 homeless men, and the odd woman within a few hundred feet, sitting in a doorway or next to a newsagents with a small blanket draped over their feet or in a sleeping bag. How the hell do these people cope in this freezing weather with little warmth and comfort I do not know. Most people walk on by and don't take any notice of them, partly because I think they've been entrained not to trust them, that they're not genuinely homeless, etc. You do see the odd person attending to them or trying to make conversation. Even with all this austerity, even the most struggling of people find it hard to comprehend how these people manage to end up being homeless. I know if I was faced with losing my house I would seek help and support and will do everytime in my power to put a roof over my head. Why is it so hard for these people to do the same?, We are fortunate in this country to have a system that, for all its faults, does at least help people in struggling situations. Are these people just unlucky, or is that they do get offered help but refuse to be helped because of their mental issues or whatever?.

Last edited by techman; 31-01-2019 at 08:18 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #33
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
Burnham gives me the creeps whenever he pops up on the local news. I didn't know he was from Liverpool, doesn't sound like a Liverpudlian to me. He couldn't care less about homeless people, and sadly people fall for his charm and "I'm for the people of Manchester" front.

There is certainly a huge rise in homeless people in my town in Greater Manchester, everytime I walk by the shops in the town centre I see about 4 or 5 homeless men, and the odd woman within a few hundred feet, sitting in a doorway or next to a newsagents with a small blanket draped over their feet or in a sleeping bag. How the hell do these people cope in this freezing weather with little warmth and comfort I do not know. Most people walk on by and don't take any notice of them, partly because I think they've been entrained not to trust them, that they're not genuinely homeless, etc. You do see the odd person attending to them or trying to make conversation. Even with all this austerity, even the most struggling of people find it hard to comprehend how these people manage to end up being homeless. I know if I was faced with losing my house I would seek help and support and will do everytime in my power to put a roof over my head. Why is it so hard for these people to do the same?, We are fortunate in this country to have a system that, for all its faults, does at least help people in struggling situations. Are these people just unlucky, or is that they do get offered help but refuse to be helped because of their mental issues or whatever?.
This is just my opinion ,,

The UK government have introduced cash saving benefit cuts ,,

Wherever Universal Credit goes ,, food banks follow ,, so they just cut peoples benefits and make them homeless!(ie ,, they have to struggle to buy a tent ,,)

People are fighting rigorous battles at tribunerals to prove they cannot work ,,

They never win ! The system is rigged for the greedy f*****s to win ,, every ,, time ,, Why? Coz they (the greedy b**) control money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ,, money controls everything ,,

If you pay rent or a mortgage ,, you are only a few paycheques away from being homeless ,, if you cannot work ,, get sick or whatever ,, banks don't care about the individuals health or ability to pay,, only the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ,,

Last edited by jupiter12; 31-01-2019 at 08:52 PM.
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #34
techman

The thing is, if it's so rigged and people who done no wrong and cannot work (and those working in the benefits departments know this), then why aren't crying out loud that it's a corrupt and rigged system set up to deliberately demonise and put people into a very vulnerable situation?. I'vd heard of people who have had to go through the Universal Credit System, and I've heard of people who have considered food banks, but they certainly aint homeless.
Old 31-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #35
jupiter12

Quote:
The thing is, if it's so rigged and people who done no wrong and cannot work (and those working in the benefits departments know this), then why aren't crying out loud that it's a corrupt and rigged system set up to deliberately demonise and put people into a very vulnerable situation?. I'vd heard of people who have had to go through the Universal Credit System, and I've heard of people who have considered food banks, but they certainly aint homeless.

Good questions ,, either ,,

No one cares ,, or

People that demonise the system and expose it for it's true corrupt and rigged agenda are silenced and not given any mainstream media attention (appart from yt),
Old 03-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #36
techman

Youtube gets on my nerves in a lot of ways, because its supposed to be a video platform where the public upload stuff that should be positive, yet the amount of channels on there with people bragging about what theyve got, lifestyles, big house, etc is insulting to the rest who've got nothing. My kids watch this channel called Ryan's Toy Review, where this Chinese kid promotes toys (of course on behalf of the manufacturers who get a share of the profit), and now he's got his own toy brand. Alright for some. And they aint living in some pokey 2 up 2 down house you couldn't swing a cat in. The viewing figures their channel gets are in the millions, yet stuff that should be more important that Icke and other researchers put out hardly stretches the surface.

It shows most people are wasting their time and energy, and the gift we have with the internet on such trivialities that aren't important.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #37
sparkplug

So the government is doing nothing really to help our homeless people yet it still gives lots of money to other countries to help them out.

That's not right in my opinion.

Until we have helped our own people out we should not be giving money away to other countries and encouraging people to come here from Africa and wherever.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:02 PM   #38
madbomber

Quote:
The working poor are a new class because there are many included who, 20 years ago, would be considered middle class.

People are so beaten down by the system. They're afraid of sanctions, afraid of speaking out of turn for fear of being labelled with one of the latest social control tags, and afraid for a future they see as increasing bleak.

Now it's reported that plans are in place to get the royals out of London just in case the shit really hits the fan with Brexit. There's no place for the poor to run to. No escape for them. They'll have to live in the hell the government has created for them. I hope the yellow vests succeed in France because unless there really is a revolution in Britain, nothing will change. A win accross the channel will at least give some hope it can be done.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #39
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:

There are loads of rough sleeper blokes sitting in doorways in Liverpool city centre and the number of them keeps increasing. There are charities going round giving them soup, sandwiches, even Food not Bombs feeds them. People are quite generous in Liverpool and give them money as well. I've seen the city hostel workers go round talking to them and the plod too in very cold weather suggesting to them that they go to a well known centre to get a hot meal, shower, change of clothes, an afternoon in the warmth and help to get a place in a hostel so they go on the housing association list for a flat, but many of these blokes refuse the help, saying they feel safer on the streets!

So with some of these blokes it seems to be as you asked- mental health issues, as who would refuse help and prefer to sit in shop doorways in the freezing cold in dirty clothes? I know I wouldn't if it were me.

Of course, although it seems judgemental to say these days, but some of these blokes are addicts (booze or drugs) so that in itself can cause mental health issues and a different mind set. Some of these blokes have been rough sleepers for years. I've heard about a couple of them being found dead on the streets despite local charities and homeless centre staff trying to help them off the streets ( but they refused to be helped off the streets).

I think some of these blokes get so used to rough sleeping that the idea of living in a flat and paying bills, and looking for a job after that, becomes daunting in some way.

Though there are some that manage to get back to a better life- I used to see homeless Polish man selling the Big Issue and he told me he was going into temporary accommodation where they'd help him get a flat. And there was a Scottish man who said he was getting help and he wouldn't be on the streets for much longer.

Both these two fellas are no longer around, so I hope it worked out for them.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 04-02-2019 at 09:03 AM.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #40
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Foodbanks are not really for the homeless per se as the food given out in them tends to be food that needs to be cooked or warmed up like tinned beans. I've accessed them myself a few times last year when after paying all the bills my UC left me with hardly any money for the month and I didn't have enough to do a food shop.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote