Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science & Advanced Technology

Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #301
edit

World's smallest stop-motion film made with individual atoms
"
Scientists at IBM have just unveiled the world's smallest stop-motion film — certified by Guinness — one made by moving individual atoms. What you're seeing is 100 million times bigger than the original elements.

For Star Trek fans, the team also unveiled several franchise-inspired images made with atoms, including the USS Enterprise, the famous logo and the "live long and prosper" sign.

Why? To prove that they can and in the process show off the fun side of science, according to Andreas Heinrich, a principal investigator at IBM Research in California who led the effort.

"We think that that's exciting and that will drive normal people's interest in (asking) what is this. What are atoms? ......"

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/fu...toms-6C9670052
"
........In addition, IBM Research on Wednesday also released several StarTrek-inspired images made with atoms using the same technique. "IBM is giving Star Trek fans the opportunity to experience what IBM scientists see as the end of Moore's Law — and a beginning on another frontier — single atoms," the company said in a news release...."

Last edited by edit; 01-05-2013 at 04:45 AM.
edit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #302
edit

Dream contents deciphered by computer

Similar brain patterns emerge when seeing an object and conjuring it during sleep

Home / News / May 4, 2013; Vol.183 #9
By Rachel Ehrenberg

Web edition: April 4, 2013
Print edition: May 4, 2013; Vol.183 #9 (p. 16)

A+ A- Text Size

View the video

A computer can decode the stuff of dreams. By comparing brain activity during sleep with activity patterns collected while study participants looked at certain objects, a computer learned to identify some contents of people’s unconscious reveries.

“It’s striking work,” says cognitive psychologist Frank Tong of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, who was not involved in the research. “It’s a demonstration that brain activity during dreaming is very similar to activity during wakefulness.”

The work, reported April 4 in Science by Japanese researchers led by Yukiyasu Kamitani of Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International, adds to somewhat scant knowledge of how the brain constructs dreams, says Tong. The research could lead to a better understanding of what the brain does during different states of consciousness, such as those experienced by some coma patients.

Dreams are a bit of a black box and difficult to study. Experiments with mice have revealed aspects of sleep and dreaming, such as how the experiences contribute to forming memories. But a mouse can’t tell you what it dreamed about. And the sleep stage that’s richest in dreams — REM sleep — typically kicks in about 90 minutes after a person conks out, making it time consuming to gather data on dreams. The noisy fMRI brain scanning machine doesn’t help.

To skirt these experimental issues, the researchers recorded brain activity in three adult male volunteers during the early stages of sleep. After the subjects had dozed off, they were repeatedly awakened and asked for detailed reports on what they had seen while sleeping.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...computer#video

Last edited by edit; 01-05-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #303
edit

in spacetime loops
“The Truth Is, Aliens Are Visiting Us”,
page 1

ATS Members have flagged this thread 5 times
Quote:
Topic started on 1-5-2013 @ 01:28 PM by Frantasy
(HOUSTON, TX — April 29, 2013) — Reported by the New Era Times (www.tnetimes.com), The Citizen Hearing on Disclosure scheduled April 29-May 3, 2013 at the National Press Club in Washington DC reveals with certainty that the truth about extra terrestrials and UFO’s has been hidden from the public. The real question is how? And why has this has been going on for so long? ..........
Read more here: “The Truth Is, Aliens Are Visiting Us”: Citizen Hearing On Disclosure Pressures US to Join other Super Powers in Disclosure- Treaty to Ban Space-Based Weapons Next Step

Last edited by edit; 02-05-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #304
edit

[-/"] ............ — Where is Earth?[

Are you looking for me?

Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.
My shoulder is against yours.
you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine
rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding
around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables.

When you really look for me, you will see me instantly –
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.

Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.

- Kabir

Last edited by edit; 02-05-2013 at 12:39 AM.