Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science & Advanced Technology

Old 17-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #21
itsallinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
That's always an issue - trouble is wherever you go, you could end up in the middle of a tree, or a mountain!

Not nice.

The region is then, outside the Earth's sphere of being - in a space void of matter, from where you could then observe the Earth and nip back - nifty little space ship needed as a none-optional integral requirement

Trouble then is: when you come back, depending on how far you go back - there is a danger that you will be percieved as a God by the locals who witness your 'fall from heaven' - and that kinda re-writes all the future
Agreed but another problem is that when you go back x amount of years you will still be in the same place but the earth would be in a very different part of the universe, you could if your unlucky, bearing in mind the galaxy moving through the universe, the solar system moving etc, you could end up outside the solar system or even in the sun, that could put a damper on your day.
itsallinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #22
blp02
Inactive

Quote:
If you head off into space to a set destination, and then return at FTL speeds, carrying a watch syncronised with a watch that remains in your place of departure - when you get back the times will be different - time for you (as the traveler) will be markedly slower than the time on the watch that remained at regular elapsed time. 1 year may have passed on the stationary time piece, while the travelers time piece would show a much shorter elapse. If you went to a far enough destination at say 1.5 FTL speed and returned after one year had elapsed on your watch - then the family that you left behind would be long passed away, and even their siblings would be passed away - while you may have only aged one year. So effectively then you would travel forwards in time, over a number of generations. Whether you could go back is an interesting theory - but forward time travel is a definitive scientific proposal, albeit not a physical reality due to technological constraints.

I think that defines time travel
If you want to see that process in action, just watch Flight of the Navigator, one of the best films ever made! As a kid I always imagined how scary it would be to come home after a few hours out and your family don't live in your house any more because 8 years have passed.

blp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #23
silentnomore

Quote:
The philosophical question that: if a train travels at 99.99999r% the speed of light, and a man in that train shines a torch in front of him - how fast will the torch light move? - is prime here.

To the man on the train the light from his torch will move forwards at a very slow rate - there would be a discernible lag in the time it takes for him to switch the torch on and his observance of the light reflecting from a wall in front of him.

To an outside observer, the torch light would move at light speed, and he would observe it as being switched on and reflecting from the wall (almost) instantaneously.
I thought the whole point of the experiment is that light emanating from the torch travelling at a fraction below lightspeed, would actually burst out of the torch at an objective (person standing on the station platform) speed of almost twice the speed of light? As in, if I was to drive by in my car at 20mph and throw a watermelon at Justin Bieber with a speed of 20mph, it would impact his small, stupid, girly face at 40mph, rather than just hover in mid air above my hand at the same speed the car was travelling at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallinus View Post
Imagine Doc Jones and Marty's surprise when they go shuuzing back to 1955 only to pop out into empty space! That would happen even in a heliocentric model of universe unless one knows both where we are now, and where we were back when. So the Delorian time machine, or any other such contraption had better be fitted with some form of space travel, as well as being air tight and pressurized, as the mere shift of a body in time does not shift it in space.
Unless Doc Brown developed some kind of gravitational or magnetic-based anchoring system whereby the navi-comp effectively latched on to the Earth's magentic core, or its heat signature, or the centre of gravity as an anchoring point for calculations, maybe?

Quote:
That's always an issue - trouble is wherever you go, you could end up in the middle of a tree, or a mountain!
Teleporting into the middle of a mountain?

"Oh goody. Instant fossil."

"Aah. Teleport, from the latin tele meaning "to see" and porter meaning "I go". So really "teleport" means, "oh, I see it's gone."

Terry Pratchett is a legend.
Old 19-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #24
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentnomore View Post
I thought the whole point of the experiment is that light emanating from the torch travelling at a fraction below lightspeed, would actually burst out of the torch at an objective (person standing on the station platform) speed of almost twice the speed of light? As in, if I was to drive by in my car at 20mph and throw a watermelon at Justin Bieber with a speed of 20mph, it would impact his small, stupid, girly face at 40mph, rather than just hover in mid air above my hand at the same speed the car was travelling at.
While i fully endorse the hurling of watermelons at twats, i think light travels at a constant speed. Though it has been mooted that light travels slower in a heavy gravitational field, lightspeed isconsidered 'C' as a constant, and therefore the guy on the platform will observe the light from the torch travelling at the speed of light, while the guy with the torch, who is travelling almost at the speed of light will see it travelling only slightly faster than he is. Once the guy hiolding the torch exceeds ftl speed, then the torch will in effect not shine any light, because the speed of the light is slower than the guy is travelling,

Frikkin complex isn't it
Old 19-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #25
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

EDIT: if you were to throw a watermelon at a twat, or for instance @ Justin Beeber (i'm sure there isn't too much of a difference ) @ 20mph from a moving vehicle, then the watermelon would only impact the twats "small, stupid, girly face" @ 20mph, as that is it's launch speed and as it has no direct means of propulsion but for the given force at which it is thrown, it would effectively slow down considerably over distance until it met the "small, stupid, girly face" target.

If the twat was moving toward you at a speed of 20mph, in an open top car, perchance, then the watermelon as thrown would impact the "small, stupid, girly face" target - should suitable allowance be made for trace, wind direction and tracking - @ 40mph

remember though, that if you are traveling at 20mph and you throw something forwards from you @ 20 mph, the thrown item will not be able to accelerate and you will catch it up quite quickly, effectively you will end up throwing it at yourself - and though the beeber would find it highly amusing stunt, it's not something you'd want to do.

Old 19-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #26
alienbiketrail

Quote:
See this is what I love about this forum - there is not so much as a single professional physicist on these boards, and yet suddenly everyone knows the be all and end all of science, and can say with such a forthright stamp-of-approval that backwards time-travel is impossible and can never be achieved.

Never? Really?

Are you seriously saying that, in the duration of the next several million millennia (and even during the countless others past already), barring somebody pulling the plug on our universe, not a single entity of human origin or otherwise will EVER achieve backwards time travel? Based on what, exactly? The fact that we never see time-travelling tourists? Well what if they've accounted for that already and have a way around it? Like making the travellers intangible and therefore unable to disrupt the timeline and cause a paradox that does something we can't even comprehend. Or perhaps that's what UFO/USO's are, time-travelling cruise liners. Who knows? Just because current conventional science (dictated to us from, and censored by, I might add, the top of the pyramid) says that we don't have a way to do it right now, doesn't mean that it's not possible, and I personally feel that those who say this is the case are the same people who burnt people at the stake for proposing theories that went against the grain in years gone by.

Have a little faith! Open your mind to possibility, because achieving your goals is only a matter of time and perseverance.

Intelligent reply
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #27
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by blp02
If you want to see that process in action, just watch Flight of the Navigator, one of the best films ever made! As a kid I always imagined how scary it would be to come home after a few hours out and your family don't live in your house any more because 8 years have passed.
It sure is!!!

I have it on tape!! (Most of it (I mi$$ed the start of it ))

Hadnt seen it in many years before last year when i got it on tape... (Off digital cable... WISH I HAD GOTTON IT IN ANALOGUE))
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #28
mythmath

You people really need to watch this
documentary; it'll explain it all...

mythmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #29
itsallinus

Quote:
Unless Doc Brown developed some kind of gravitational or magnetic-based anchoring system whereby the navi-comp effectively latched on to the Earth's magentic core, or its heat signature, or the centre of gravity as an anchoring point for calculations, maybe?
Then you could do it but would only be able to travel back to when you 'anchored' as if you go back to before this you would not have been anchored. How do you know where the earth was (in order to 'anchor' to it) say 100 years ago, in the universe, when we don't even have a grasp on where we are now in the universe. How fast is the galaxy moving and where is it in the universe. See? Without a non moving fixed reference point it seems impossible to know where anything ever is in actual space, only where things are in relation to other things, which are all bloody moving!
itsallinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
kennybhoy67

Thumbs up

Quote:
See this is what I love about this forum - there is not so much as a single professional physicist on these boards, and yet suddenly everyone knows the be all and end all of science, and can say with such a forthright stamp-of-approval that backwards time-travel is impossible and can never be achieved.

Never? Really?

Are you seriously saying that, in the duration of the next several million millennia (and even during the countless others past already), barring somebody pulling the plug on our universe, not a single entity of human origin or otherwise will EVER achieve backwards time travel? Based on what, exactly? The fact that we never see time-travelling tourists? Well what if they've accounted for that already and have a way around it? Like making the travellers intangible and therefore unable to disrupt the timeline and cause a paradox that does something we can't even comprehend. Or perhaps that's what UFO/USO's are, time-travelling cruise liners. Who knows? Just because current conventional science (dictated to us from, and censored by, I might add, the top of the pyramid) says that we don't have a way to do it right now, doesn't mean that it's not possible, and I personally feel that those who say this is the case are the same people who burnt people at the stake for proposing theories that went against the grain in years gone by.

Have a little faith! Open your mind to possibility, because achieving your goals is only a matter of time and perseverance.
Totally agree.
kennybhoy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #31
night_gaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post

Einstein deserves a slap for suggesting otherwise.
The theory of relativity is actually becoming less valid with new research. Unfortunately i don't have the credentials to say much on the matter, but to me it seems like past time travel would only be possible if an aspect of 'time' was 'broken' if you catch my drift.
Considering time is an actual, physical limit on humanity.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #32
ian2day
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
Is it actually possible to travel into the past?

A short answer is, yes. 'How's it done?' I hear you ask.

Look in a mirror.
ian2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
silentnomore

Personally, I love this:

Old 15-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #34
akosta

if the only difference between us and everything else is vibrations at the quantum level.

then if we store memories, maybe everything else can,

and if everything else can store memories, would it be possible to trick the universe into thinking its living in its own memory and reverting to that state?

wow that sounded way crazier typed than it did in my head lol.
akosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #35
infinityandlove
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
Is it actually possible to travel into the past?

for a moment i thought, what is backwards time travel ?

Time travelling is possible.
The wingmakers discuss this in their works, under the term BST (blank slate technology)
infinityandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #36
truegroup

Location: Conspiracy research is all about proof, not assumption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythmath View Post
You people really need to watch this
documentary; it'll explain it all...

Low budget, off the wall, but with a genius to it. Time travel, but very weird, takes a few watches to get your head around.
It is impossible to reason with an unreasonable person. A proper truther will not hold a fixed, immovable opinion. They will assess all evidence, use logic, reason, critical thinking and position themselves accordingly. If new evidence contradicts and better explains their own, they will adapt. A truther is not afraid to be wrong and is certainly not afraid to change their position. A truther does not ignore contradictory evidence. GOT THAT!?
Apollo Proven
truegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #37
ming the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post
Time is not a true dimension, it is simply how we record a pattern of change in space. The past is how matter and energy used to be organised
Don't the Langoliers get rid of that stuff?
The quran orders muslims to take over our country, and muslims always obey the quran.
Britistan in maybe 30 years.
ming the merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #38
ming the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
It is my belief that time manipulations can happen in many ways including going back and changing the timeline.
Our past is "set in stone". The past would be continually changing if it were not.

If time travel were possible, Hitler would have been killed along with many other bad, as well as good people.

And what is to stop people winning the lottery then playing the stock market using future knowledge to change that into endless billions?
The quran orders muslims to take over our country, and muslims always obey the quran.
Britistan in maybe 30 years.
ming the merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
blp02
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
It is my belief that time manipulations can happen in many ways including going back and changing the timeline.
Some people remember the event before the change, for example they'll be absolutely sure someone famous died and even saw it in the newspaper then when they bring it up in conversation everyone around them says they're wrong and said celebrity is still alive, or vice versa.

Here's a comment on a youtube eminem video

http://youtu.be/RFAGk9B-k7U

Quote:
Guys this shit is old.. EMINEM = MENIME.. Many me.. He actually died once, i saw it on the facking news.. couple months later he was back with new album. I said but he died.. Everybody was like no, like nothing happened.. And you try and try to seek whats unnatural while you might have experienced thousands of these things, only it has been erased out of your memmory. Stop looking for these retarded things, and just live your lifes... unless your a kid like me, you wouldnt remember it anyways.
I'm not suggesting Eminem dies and the timeline was changed so he didn't, I beleive he did and was replaced. I'm saying he died and people forgot that they saw it on the news, I've heard of others who remember that report though.
blp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #40
truthisoutthere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blp02 View Post
Some people remember the event before the change, for example they'll be absolutely sure someone famous died and even saw it in the newspaper then when they bring it up in conversation everyone around them says they're wrong and said celebrity is still alive, or vice versa.

Here's a comment on a youtube eminem video

http://youtu.be/RFAGk9B-k7U

I'm not suggesting Eminem dies and the timeline was changed so he didn't, I beleive he did and was replaced. I'm saying he died and people forgot that they saw it on the news, I've heard of others who remember that report though.
Interesting.. I've heard of this happening before (either on here or ATS).. do you have any more info on it?
truthisoutthere is offline   Reply With Quote