Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science & Advanced Technology

Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #121
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
The universe itself, as a whole, is a closed system. Energy can change form, but it doesn't get created or destroyed as such. A solar cell isn't an 'overunity' device or a 'perpetual motion' machine or producing 'energy from nothing', it's a device which converts the energy in light into electrical energy.
Quote:
A basic thing to understand about zero point energy is that it represents the minimum energy state possible in a vacuum at absolute 0. To withdraw energy from such a a base state would be like trying to extract heat from a refridgerator, i.e. you have to expend more energy to do it than you can get back out.

Even if zero point energy were being extracted, we'd also expect to see all kinds of weird quantum effects as the base state of the space the energy was being extracted from was altered in a fundamental way.

If you're interested in energy from an ever-replenishing source which doesn't cause pollution, you'd be better off looking at fusion research or forms of renewable energy like solar, wind, tides and geothermal sources.
Good post foobar, thanks for that info. I totally agree with what your saying about renewable's. That really encapsulates my motivation for all this.

If you'll indulge me, I wanna tell you a story...

When I was growing up I heard an 'urban legend' it was the legend of the everlasting lightbulb. Apparently, someones grandad had lived in his house all his life, passed on from his parents. He remembers buying a lightbulb years and years ago and that bulb is still working some 80 years later. He writes to the lightbulb company and explains it, they write back and say, 'yes, that is an everlasting lightbulb prototype the factory produced back in the early 1900's we lost it years ago and wondered where it went. Send it back to us and we'll give you a lifetime free supply of lightbulbs.' Of course, grandad sends it back, some newspaper somewhere publishes the story. But nobody knows who it is, what paper it was, what the lightbulb company was.

I asked a lot about this particular story and was generally told by 'elders and teachers' - 'Oh no, that couldn't possibly be true. if such a thing could be made, someone, somewhere would have made it and bought it to market. No way could such a device be surpressed, its a free market, someone would be making money off it if it were true'.

So thats the myth. When I went to university I met a guy, an older sound engineer doing my course. I had many discussions with him and I related this story. He said 'Oh yes it can be done, I've made one' He went on to explain, that a lightbulb is like a fuse, but a fuse blows when operated over voltage and a lightbulb glows at operating voltage. But if there are ripples on the mains, the bulb, like a fuse, will blow. So, if you put a diode before the bulb, you perform half wave rectification, the volts drop by half and the lightbulb won't blow. Simple. You obviously only get half the ight out, you may detect a flicker effect but you can smooth that with a capacitor.

So now I knew, yes it can be done. During the second year we had to do a group project for a module called - creative problem solving and innovation. B**llsh*t module but any. Core module, had to be done. We had to use some Russian software, input a problem and the software would generate solutions that we then investigated. The software also had a database of solutions used in industry that it would suggest if it fitted your problem. I suggested we solve the 'everlasting lightbulb' problem. After all, we knew how too, it would document the theory in a university. Perfect. So we did, and while doing it, the software showed us about a dozen patented designs for 'everlasting, longer life, more efficient' lightbulbs! We showed the solution using the diode method which was not on the database. We got distinctions for the project.

So now I knew, when they say 'it can't be done' 'someone would have done it and be making money from it' 'its a free market' ITS B*LLSH*T

We live in a controlled and profit driven society, if there's a better way of doing something, we don't do it unless someone can make a lot of money from it. Period. Thats all well and good, but at the extremes of that model are people exploited, the world is polluted and there is an extremely cheap price put on life. That is a disgrace of 'satanic' proportion.

So, I will never listen to someone who comes along with the usual remarks and refuses to investigate the possibility so that we can maintain this 'Status Quo' Thats the thinking that have stopped electric cars coming too market, manufacturers telling us that the technology isn't good enough. Isn't it? If someones grandma who only drives 50 miles a week had an electric car with a range of 60 miles, could charge it up weekly for free using solar panels on the garage roof and a battery bank in the garage whose maintainence and servicing bill would be hugely reduced then why are they no good for her? The fact is, the right tool for the right job dictates that for some people electric cars would be fine. Why not make paper out of Hemp? Why not build cars on the Ford Hemp car design, plastic body, engine running off of ethanol distilled from Hemp, no pollution, no rust, longer life span. Why have all these better ways and designs been surpressed. Market forces? To keep life cheap? Digraceful, wastefull, irresponsible.

So I will keep looking for free energy and renewable energy ways and I hope the world adopts the multpile solutions we have available to improve the world and the life's of everyone. Third world included. If I find something, I will shout as loud as I can about it.
pi3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #122
skywalker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi3141 View Post
So, I will never listen to someone who comes along with the usual remarks and refuses to investigate the possibility so that we can maintain this 'Status Quo' Thats the thinking that have stopped electric cars coming too market, manufacturers telling us that the technology isn't good enough. Isn't it? If someones grandma who only drives 50 miles a week had an electric car with a range of 60 miles, could charge it up weekly for free using solar panels on the garage roof and a battery bank in the garage whose maintainence and servicing bill would be hugely reduced then why are they no good for her? The fact is, the right tool for the right job dictates that for some people electric cars would be fine. Why not make paper out of Hemp? Why not build cars on the Ford Hemp car design, plastic body, engine running off of ethanol distilled from Hemp, no pollution, no rust, longer life span. Why have all these better ways and designs been surpressed. Market forces? To keep life cheap? Digraceful, wastefull, irresponsible.

So I will keep looking for free energy and renewable energy ways and I hope the world adopts the multpile solutions we have available to improve the world and the life's of everyone. Third world included. If I find something, I will shout as loud as I can about it.
Nice post man. I like the light bulb story, I guess they would have known that already, they probably preferred that the bulbs blow so people keep paying for new ones.

I agree on the electric cars, I think it's a great idea. I am sure they have perfectly good ones already but they can't make enough money out of them.

It is disheartening when you find how many great ideas have been suppressed simply for money. It is a shame so many millions of people have to suffer because of a money hungry minority. It seems that there is no justice, but the balance of nature is getting disturbed and she will level everything out again I'm sure. It is just sad that millions will have to be involved in an outcome that they would never have been involved in if it weren't for greed.

Anyway, it is great that you had contact with Tom. I wonder why Myth Busters never tested Bedini's designs??? As I have seen on the MEGbuilders forum http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/M...s/message/1321 that the materials of Tom's device have to be exact for it to work effectively. I am not sure the Myth Busters have enough intelligence to understand the concept. For a start I wonder who arranged that they ridicule the design?

The thing that makes me feel good is to know that I am not involved in any of the corruption.
skywalker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #123
foobar

Quote:
We live in a controlled and profit driven society, if there's a better way of doing something, we don't do it unless someone can make a lot of money from it. Period.
Quite so, doesn't this imply that if somebody could produce surplus electricity from a MEG or Orbo generator, wouldn't you be expecting them to sell that electricity ?

This is why I'm so suspicious of people who claim to have created such a device, but instead of being able to sell the results (i.e. the electricity, or the devices themselves) they want to sell you 'experiment kits' or documents.

To me this is a sign that somebody wants to make money without having to actually produce a working device, because they can't.

Quote:
So, I will never listen to someone who comes along with the usual remarks and refuses to investigate the possibility so that we can maintain this 'Status Quo'
We must never abandon our gift of reason. It's a precious thing. Without it, we are easily tricked and manipulated. We all respond emotionally to the offer of abundance for nothing, and that's absolutely what these 'free energy' schemes tap into.

Quote:
Thats the thinking that have stopped electric cars coming too market,
I'm not sure what you mean, there are electric cars on the market.

Quote:
That's a noble goal, but you have to spend your limited time wisely. Study the work of the great physicists carefully before rejecting what they've learned. Einstein, Feynman, Gallileo.. these people weren't evil archons trying to lock us into some kind of prison of logic and maths to stop us from accessing magical powers and limitless free energy, they were visionaries, leading us out of ignorance. Their work is certainly incomplete and new discoveries will be made, but their methods, standards of proof and their experiments and predictions need to be understood before going further.

Things like MEG and Orbo are just cheap tricks that don't work, but which appeal to the urge for limitless abundance. Be discriminating, familiarise yourself with physics as it stands before trying to advance beyond it.

Last edited by foobar; 13-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #124
pi3141

Quote:
Quite so, doesn't this imply that if somebody could produce surplus electricity from a MEG or Orbo generator, wouldn't you be expecting them to sell that electricity ?

This is why I'm so suspicious of people who claim to have created such a device, but instead of being able to sell the results (i.e. the electricity, or the devices themselves) they want to sell you 'experiment kits' or documents.

To me this is a sign that somebody wants to make money without having to actually produce a working device, because they can't.
I understand, but I also understand that great inventions don't neccessarily make it to market. So I get suspicious that it may in fact be something new. Different programming I guess!

Quote:
We must never abandon our gift of reason. It's a precious thing. Without it, we are easily tricked and manipulated.
Amen to that, but there should also be people willing to look and discuss, as we are doing.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean, there are electric cars on the market.
Only just!! Yes, we now have the Tesla Roadster and the Riva or GWhizz has been here a few years. But the Peugeot 106 Electrique and Renault Kangoo electric was only available in Europe, the GM EV1 never came to Europe and they didn't manufacture and stopped trials before going to production, the Nissan Rav4 EV never came to Europe. In 1996 Mercedes said they would release an electric A Class version in 1999, in 1999 they said they would release a hydrogen fuel cell instead by 2000's. Stil waiting, the Smart car has been rumured for electric version since it was released, still waiting. There have been occasional small company builds and special orders from some companies. We've had milk floats and there have always been electric vehicles for industrial or commercial use. But an off the car lot floor, factory built by mainstream manufacturer. No not until next year when Renault and BMW introduce their cars.
Old 14-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #125
foobar

Quote:
I understand, but I also understand that great inventions don't neccessarily make it to market. So I get suspicious that it may in fact be something new. Different programming I guess!
If you can generate surplus electricity, it's extremely easy to take it to market by selling it to the power grid. All kinds of independent minded, self-sufficient people do this today, from windmills, solar cells, biomass generators etc..

Here's a community of them http://www.energysavingcommunity.co....city-grid.html

I've never heard of anybody claiming to have built an 'overunity' or 'zeropoint' device managing to do this, have you ? Yet it simply doesn't require massive amounts of capital or marketing expertise, if you can generate surplus electricity, at present, you can sell it pretty straightforwardly.

I think there are psychological forces at work here.

Firstly, there's that siren call of limitless abundance. The idea that you could run your house, or car, or a grain mill with the power given off by a box in the corner that doesn't need any fuel, doesn't depend on the weather and doesn't emit any kind of harmful radiation is obviously extremely appealing.

Secondly, a lot of people get a kick out of tweaking the nose of authority. There's a strong element of 'hah! take that blinkered scientists!' in much of the discussion of alternative energy, aether and other pseudo-scientific subjects on this forum. The bitter irony is that the person who willfully refuses to try and understand current scientific positions, and the mathematical predictions and experimental results that came to underpin them is the one who's being blinkered. Some people really want to believe that if they can imagine something, and it being real would 'feel good', then it is in fact physically real. But reality just doesn't work like that.

Last edited by foobar; 14-02-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 15-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #126
pi3141

Quote:
The universe itself, as a whole, is a closed system. Energy can change form, but it doesn't get created or destroyed as such. A solar cell isn't an 'overunity' device or a 'perpetual motion' machine or producing 'energy from nothing', it's a device which converts the energy in light into electrical energy.
Hi Foobar, thanks for that explanation. Very useful.

Quote:
Even if zero point energy were being extracted, we'd also expect to see all kinds of weird quantum effects as the base state of the space the energy was being extracted from was altered in a fundamental way.
Forgot to ask - can you speculate on this? What sort of effects. I realise it would depend on the method the device emplyed but can you give any general examples.
Old 15-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #127
foobar

Quote:
Forgot to ask - can you speculate on this? What sort of effects. I realise it would depend on the method the device emplyed but can you give any general examples.
You'd probably have an effect on the creation of virtual particle pairs (i.e. there might be less of them) which would go on to affect the forces between electrons and the nucleus, and cause strange things to happen to matter in the region the vacuum energy was being extracted from.

Last edited by foobar; 15-02-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 20-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #128
pi3141

Quote:
You'd probably have an effect on the creation of virtual particle pairs (i.e. there might be less of them) which would go on to affect the forces between electrons and the nucleus, and cause strange things to happen to matter in the region the vacuum energy was being extracted from.

Cheers Foobar, can't get my head arond that one!

Also, I've been thinking more about the comment that the universe itself is an isolated system. So a solar panel is not a free energy device because it is receiving energy from the universe, like a windmill. So, I have another question, what about a device that produced energy from an effect caused by its operation, say - momentum, centrifuge or the water hammer effect. If such a device existed, under the isolated system view it would not be receiving energy from another universe, it would be tapping a byproduct force of its own operation?

For instance, a pipe with water pumped through it and an opening and closing valve, at a certain rate would produce the water hammer effect, the energy into and out of the system is accounted for through the pipe. If the water hammer effect was harnassed to produce energy then a potential exists to extract extra energy. It would be opposite to a windmill or solar panel that receives energy from an external source but instead receives energy from a naturally created internal force.

Similarly, -

Quote:
Plasmas which are shot through a plasma gun ( a magnetic field ) and into a vacuum tube display well defined structures. Plasma structure can evolve into a helical flow composed of two separate streams, one consisting of electrons and the other of protons. The structure maintains a stable shape that can best be described as a cross between a smoke ring and a coiled spring turned in on itself.
So again, a 'self ordering' mechanism in nature, if such an effect could be exploited, in principle, why could such a device not yeild over unity operation?
Old 20-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #129
supersmell
Inactive

Quote:
For instance, a pipe with water pumped through it and an opening and closing valve, at a certain rate would produce the water hammer effect, the energy into and out of the system is accounted for through the pipe. If the water hammer effect was harnassed to produce energy then a potential exists to extract extra energy. It would be opposite to a windmill or solar panel that receives energy from an external source but instead receives energy from a naturally created internal force.
The water hammer effect doesn't produce any energy. It just converts kinetic energy into potential energy.
supersmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #130
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmell View Post
The water hammer effect doesn't produce any energy. It just converts kinetic energy into potential energy.
Thanks for that explanation, I know I'm skating on thin ice, I'm just trying to put out an idea and understand why not.

My main thoughts are on momentum, using it as a flywheel as Steorn appear to be doing. At least thats my theory about it. They build momentum on a frictionless bearing and then tap the momentum. The power required to maintain the spin is reduced due to momentum in the system.

Quote:
.. a 'self ordering' mechanism in nature, if such an effect could be exploited, in principle, why could such a device not yeild over unity operation?
Old 20-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #131
supersmell
Inactive

Well, if Steorn is getting a fly wheel going with a lot of angular momentum and low friction they could extract a small portion of it's energy and turn it into electricity while adding in a smaller amount of energy from a battery they could create the appearance of energy generation for a while. But they would still use more energy getting the fly wheel up to speed than they could get out of it.
supersmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #132
pi3141

Ok, cheers.
Old 21-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #133
foobar

The first time you see any new device which is supposed to generate energy, the first question to ask is 'what is it converting to get the energy we see?'.

e.g.:-

In a coal fired generator, it's converting the energy in the chemical bonds of the hydrocarbons (which originally got their energy from the Sun during photosynthesis, unless you believe in abiotic oil theories) into heat, which boils water to steam, the pressure of which turns a turbine, which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy..

In a solar panel, it's converting sunlight directly into electricity.

In a nuclear reactor, subatomic matter is being converted into energy during nuclear decay of the fuel rods. This is used to heat water which turns turbines as in a coal station.

Last edited by foobar; 21-02-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:10 AM   #134
pi3141

No updates on Steorn yet. They were supposed to be posting results now at the end of February but that came and went apparently they have extended the display and testing. No details who's testing or what the opinions are.

Steorn have also announced they will NOT be releasing the original Jury results as the jurors do not want their names published
The only thing I could find out was the head juror, nothing else.

Its getting a bit crazy on the forum over there, lots of derogatory comments.
Worryingly the forum is titled - 'Fuels Fools and Tools. Make of that what you will.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #135
moving finger
Banned

Quote:
The first time you see any new device which is supposed to generate energy, the first question to ask is 'what is it converting to get the energy we see?'.
The other question that should always be asked is "what is the energy cost of the device". There's a lot of fuss made about wind turbines, but not much work has gone in to assessing the energy cost of building them, in terms of the raw materials used to make them, the processing of those raw materials, and the transportation and construction cost involved in building the end product.

Likewise with this power source (if that is what it turns out to be): what will it cost in energy terms to produce? How much of its working life will be spent repaying the energy it cost to produce it?
moving finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #136
biblegirl

Default radiant energy

Quote:
When watching this video, it is important to note that the physics equations such as V=IR , P=I^2R that reside within the second law of thermodynamic framework is rendered irrelevent. Now, the skeptical people and engineers would ask me, how is it possible that anything can possibly violate the second law of thermodynamics? What this bunch of people dont know is that if you go buy an Oxford dictionary of Physics, at least one thirds of the phrases and words in it are phenomenas in violation of the second law of thermodynamics. But that does not mean the second law of thermodynamics itself is wrong. The problem with these people is while they claim themselves to be objective and scientific, do not actually know the scientific process well enough and do not have a tad bit of critical thinking and observation skills enough to even make sound judgements of nature. While the little they know (called classical physics) seems like a valid scientific model which is correct when applied appropriately in its own domain from which it is postulated, their dogmatic minds wants to extrapolate these theories into every nook and cranny of the universe such that all other valid postulation and observations are rendered inperceivable. Even with compelling evidence and repeatable experiments, some of these dogmatic minds will still prefer their status quo of self-denial. But there are genuine scientific minds out there in the twenty firts century that I sincerely believe will accept, digest, investigate and perform genuine qualitative and quantitative mental abstraction as well as experimentation on the phenomena. Lets focus our energy on this keen society that is really what the scientific community is about instead of wasting our energy on the dogmatic and slow progressing skeptical society that is epitome of all arbitrary impositions.
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #137
griswald

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
Excellent video Biblegirl.

When we think outside of the box, it just goes to show what little we know, or think we know.

griswald

Dont ever argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Warning duely received and noted. Thankyou. gris..
griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #138
pi3141

New announcement from Steorn -

Quote:
SKDB LAUNCH

Dublin, Ireland, 1st April 2010.

Following the success of its recent live demonstrations of Orbo technology at the Waterways Visitor Centre in Dublin, Steorn is delighted to announce that its online development community will open for membership on 1st April 2010.

Orbo is a new technology from Steorn that provides free, clean and constant energy at the point of use. Orbo is controversial - it is an "over-unity" technology, meaning that it produces more energy than it consumes.

The Steorn Knowledge Development Base (SKDB), as the online community is known, is a collaborative environment designed to share, explain, employ and expand the science, engineering and intellectual property comprising Orbo technology. In short, it is ground zero for the Orbo revolution.

The SKDB will be the sole medium for the dissemination of Orbo technology and its future enhancements. All developments and improvements to Orbo technology will be shared amongst the members of the SKDB for further research and development.

The main focus of the SKDB at launch will be on the solid state electromagnetic configuration of Orbo, the development of which Steorn has recently completed.

Access to the SKDB will be granted via the SKDB Developer License, which will be available online to developers, individual enthusiasts, researchers and all other interested parties as of 1st April 2010. The Developer License and SKDB membership are renewable on an annual basis, subject to interested parties confirming their acceptance of the License and Terms of Service and payment of license and membership fees.

ends

Calorimetric Test Results -

(The lab who undertook the tests have not been identified.)

Quote:
Analysis of an Orbo electromagnetic system through three experiments and a finite element computer simulation

http://www.steorn.com/orbo/eorbo/5-c...ric-tests.aspx

They've also announced a solid state Orbo on a video on their homepage -

http://www.steorn.com/
Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #139
spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post

thanks for that.
i like seeing normal looking dudes with great workshops and machinery.
he made me laugh at the end when he said
Quote:
input wires are relatively small, whereas the output wires are relativley real big
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #140
pi3141

Testing of the Orbo Evaluation and Development Unit

Link -
Tested 25th Septmenber, Video Posted 29th September 2010

More - Hugh Deasy Blogspot

Link -http://hdeasy.blogspot.com/