Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Conspiracy/Truth Researchers > General - The Researchers

Old 10-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #21
jake_ball

I hope Alex Jones is genuine, cos I like him and, I like the way he doesnt debate his freedom away, and I also like that he mentions the American constitutions
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #22
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusejc View Post
I was going to title this post simply "I hate Alex Jones", but I decided against it for 2 reasons:
  1. Hate is a very strong word
  2. I don't know him on a personal level

But I really dislike the way he shouts when someone disagrees with him. In my mind, the rule of debating is that as soon as you shout or use violence, you instantly lose. Because the only time when someone gets violent (either physically OR verbally) is when they feel under threat in some way. And if a person feels under threat in a debate, it must mean they feel like they are losing. Therefore it makes that person look bad, because they can't allow their point of view to stand up on its own strength.

If a person has strong points in a debate, they should be able to get those points across is a calm and reasoned manner. Their logic should stand up on its own. Why? Because if we don't approach debates in that calm and logical way, it just descends into a fight where whoever shouts loudest wins or who whoever punches hardest wins, or in the case of warring countries, whoever has the biggest weapons wins. Whereas: letting the other person have their full say, and THEN refuting it with logic and reason, that is gives you the best chance of convincing others that your point of view is the most sensible one.

So, Alex, you shout, you lose. At that instant, all your points are null and void, even if they potentially could have made sense had you voiced them in a reasonable way.

My guess is, he grew up in a household where his parents shouted at each other a lot, and whenever there was a fight like that, whoever shouted the loudest won the fight. But this is merely speculation.

Alex Jones does not debate he 'declaims'.
He bottled out of coming to the Oxford Union where his lack of debating skills would have been apparent from the get go.
Only an American audience accustomed to " Heeding pastor" could and do support someone of Mr Jones ilk.
He'd starve in Blighty.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #23
jake_ball

To be honest though, his style isnt massively important, it's the content (truth) that is important, and from what I seen of AJ, he is pretty accurate with most of his stuff. I think that he doesnt compromise when it comes to the truth, and that can rub some people up the wrong way.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
Old 18-08-2014, 03:15 AM   #24
k1levelstu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy0405 View Post
I don't think I have ever seen Alex try to debate. Shouting down your opponent is not "debating" at all.
he just puts callers on mute and then shouts and then unmutes them and he starts mocking them by doing stupid impressions
k1levelstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 03:17 AM   #25
k1levelstu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
To be honest though, his style isnt massively important, it's the content (truth) that is important, and from what I seen of AJ, he is pretty accurate with most of his stuff. I think that he doesnt compromise when it comes to the truth, and that can rub some people up the wrong way.
oh please theres been loads of things he's been wrong on and stuff that is BS if you check facts
Old 18-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #26
k1levelstu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
I hope Alex Jones is genuine, cos I like him and, I like the way he doesnt debate his freedom away, and I also like that he mentions the American constitutions
he isnt dude....

Last edited by i_am; 18-08-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Old 18-08-2014, 03:55 AM   #27
deadhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
Didn't take long did it?

Please read the forum Rules and Etiquette. We do not diss other researchers.
does that mean i can't post a funny re-edited vid of Alex going nuts?

it's only a wee bit of satire, but now i'm unsure.
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 03:58 AM   #28
i_am
Premier Subscribers

This is a year old thread
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 04:10 AM   #29
deadhawk

i know but i was waiting for it to resurface
for this.
Alex is a little bit crazy that's for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-r-...j-cfQ&index=19
Old 18-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #30
spellbound
Banned

WE here in TEXAS are not limp wristed perfectionist like many who live outside of TEXAS...,,,,,,,,If you don't like Alex's style don't listen to him....

But it's a complete waste of time criticizing him.....Alex has literally millions of listeners,,.....So go do some research or something constructive....Because dissing AJ is not constructive...It's trivial...
spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #31
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusejc View Post
....I really dislike the way he shouts when someone disagrees with him. .....
I have listened to.... and this is no exaggeration... at LEAST 8,500 hrs of Alex Jones (Blessings be upon Him) radio show , And I cant remember him shouting at anyone!!!

I suspect you get your viewing from MSM were they portray him in this way , Probably the Pierce morgan interview, Some people need to be shouted at and PM is one of them.

This type of information has to be presented with passion.
I wouldn't change a hair on his head. He's the best we've got.
oz93666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #32
deadhawk

don't get me wrong, i think he's excellent there is a lot to shout about these days and i don't think enough people do it.
but he does come across in the msm as a ranter..
and he will know that and probably doesn't care
i'm sure he'd take no offence at the vid i posted

the way he tore in to piers morgan was awe inspiring but then he freaked out about 1776 (?) coming again and it all felt a bit staged
Old 18-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #33
salutations
Inactive

I think his response to coming across as a ranter shouter person is that it basically wakes up electrons around the brain and causes people to wake up faster.

I think alex should go abit nuts more often rofl, i remember last year I never saw any of his rants and they really cheered me up at the time. LOL, i love it when he goes bezerk
salutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #34
cosmic tramp

It's nothing new what he does, Agent Provocateur with a hell raising Texas drawl, like a lot of UK and US shock jock DJ's - grabs audience attention. He does cover some interesting topics but a lot of it is more over dramatic style than substance. As he boosts ratings (which he does) he is probably, ironically, the darling of the NWO. This is where you still have to withold judgement, even though he appears to be fighting on the "good guys" side. He provides a pre-ordained "safety valve" for subversion, probably applauded by NWO

I wonder how he would hold out in an interview about himself if he was faced with someone similar.
cosmic tramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #35
deadhawk

@ salutations [edit]
aye
but still the op, marcusejc has a valid point he doesn't help the cause some times i remember seeing a vid with him interrupting some one elses protest.
and everyone freaked out that day.

Last edited by deadhawk; 18-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 18-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #36
salutations
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
It's nothing new what he does, Agent Provocateur with a hell raising Texas drawl, like a lot of UK and US shock jock DJ's - grabs audience attention. He does cover some interesting topics but a lot of it is more over dramatic style than substance. As he boosts ratings (which he does) he is probably, ironically, the darling of the NWO. This is where you still have to withold judgement, even though he appears to be fighting on the "good guys" side. He provides a pre-ordained "safety valve" for subversion, probably applauded by NWO

I wonder how he would hold out in an interview about himself if he was faced with someone similar.
Yeah, i agree there.
salutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #37
twilight_sparkle
Banned

He is not as calm and erudite as Icke, that's one thing for sure.
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #38
deadhawk

David has his moments
Old 18-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #39
jake_ball

I started a thread recently where I said that I think that AJ may be a shill. I do like his style though, and he does talk a lot of truth, but yes he does get it wrong sometimes as EVERYONE does, but like I have already said, I now think he might be a shill
Old 19-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #40
marcusejc

Quote:
Didn't take long did it?
Actually it took 3 years. I joined in October 2010.

Quote:
Please read the forum Rules and Etiquette.
Haha, good one! Hardly anyone reads forum rules, they usually just ignore them and then wait to be told when they've overstepped the line.

It's like when you install software. How many of us actually always read the terms and conditions before we install it?

Quote:
We do not diss other researchers.
Ahh, shame. It could be fun.

But I kind of understand. We don't want these pesky Americans suing us like they sue each other all the time. We also don't want a DDOS attack from all his fans.

More likely to get into trouble criticising the mainstream people to be honest, but if we banned that then we'd not have a forum at all...
marcusejc is offline   Reply With Quote