Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 25-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #1461
quickparser
Premier Subscribers

Slave Species of God by Michael Tellinger

I really enjoyed it!
quickparser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #1462
heartbeatsalute

The Miracle Tree By Monica A. Marcu

About THE MORINGA ,FROM India,
multipurpose healing tree
for Cancer, Diabetes, lungs, Cardiovascular, and jsut about everything.
And more nutritional than anything we eat.

Watch this video:

The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 30-10-2012 at 05:54 AM.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #1463
indolering

I found this at the local library...I used to send away for books from this publisher, Loompanics Unlimited, which puts out all kinds of cool alternative books. I just started this, but it looks pretty good. Here's a review from Amazon....

Subterranean Worlds: 100,000 Years Of Dragons, Dwarfs, The Dead, Lost Races, And UFOs From Inside The Earth
By Walter Kafton-Minkel

This is a great book. I found it about ten years ago in a small bookshop in Los Angeles (where else?), and sat up that night, with a candle burning on my patio and a glass of red wine at my elbow, utterly entranced. Mr. Kafton-Minkel is a writer of elegance and ease. He has that gift of straight-forward narrative (and high intelligence) so rare in writers of, as he humbly puts it in his forward, "crazy subjects." He tells the story of the Hollow Earth as if he were a calm Martin Gardner describing both the making of King Kong and the founding of Scientology in the same essay. In other words, he lets the crazies speak and lets his own fine mind let them do so, with comments that illuminate, and never disparage, his subjects. This is the very best of what the blinkered world calls "fringe" writing, by which I mean a disciplined, humane, skeptical, lovely, scary, beautifully written history that critics with no imagination will never understand; not the point of the author's labor, his ways or purposes, what this guy was really trying to get at. Hail, sir, and well done. I'm glad you're getting damned near a hundred bucks for a copy-- some folks know a good thing when they see it. Write more. Never Give Up.

The author also includes an extensive bibliography of related literature.
indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #1464
heartbeatsalute

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by indolering View Post
I found this at the local library...I used to send away for books from this publisher, Loompanics Unlimited, which puts out all kinds of cool alternative books. I just started this, but it looks pretty good. Here's a review from Amazon....

Subterranean Worlds: 100,000 Years Of Dragons, Dwarfs, The Dead, Lost Races, And UFOs From Inside The Earth
By Walter Kafton-Minkel

This is a great book. I found it about ten years ago in a small bookshop in Los Angeles (where else?), and sat up that night, with a candle burning on my patio and a glass of red wine at my elbow, utterly entranced. Mr. Kafton-Minkel is a writer of elegance and ease. He has that gift of straight-forward narrative (and high intelligence) so rare in writers of, as he humbly puts it in his forward, "crazy subjects." He tells the story of the Hollow Earth as if he were a calm Martin Gardner describing both the making of King Kong and the founding of Scientology in the same essay. In other words, he lets the crazies speak and lets his own fine mind let them do so, with comments that illuminate, and never disparage, his subjects. This is the very best of what the blinkered world calls "fringe" writing, by which I mean a disciplined, humane, skeptical, lovely, scary, beautifully written history that critics with no imagination will never understand; not the point of the author's labor, his ways or purposes, what this guy was really trying to get at. Hail, sir, and well done. I'm glad you're getting damned near a hundred bucks for a copy-- some folks know a good thing when they see it. Write more. Never Give Up.

The author also includes an extensive bibliography of related literature.
Wow! looks like fun reading indolering, hope I find it.
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #1465
screamingeagle

Talking

Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches

Old 07-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #1466
manxboz

Just finished reading 'New Model Army' by Adam Roberts.

It was a fairly interesting book, kept me well entertained and gripped. It also has some really good ideas in it.

I am almost finished, 'The Day we Bombed Utah' by John G. Fuller

This is just a shocking book. It is about the early Atomic program during the 50's and 60's and about the Atomic Energy Commission's complete disregard for human life, how the lied to public and government officials alike and how they covered up numerous faults in their systems. It also shows how naive or ignorant people were in the 50's and 60's. Very interesting and I recommend it to anyone.

Spellbounds promise to stop posting Webbot predictions
manxboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #1467
whatsinaname

The Tenth Insight: Further adventures of 'The Celestine Prophecy'. by James Redfield.

Millions have experienced the nine insights of The Celestine Prophecy and glimpsed the emerging world view that it describes. Inspired by this book, individuals across the world have opened up to the experience of guiding coincidences in their lives, and to a new sense of personal dignity and mission. Now, a new insight is emerging... The Tenth Insight.

The Tenth Insight will take you on a journey into other dimensions...to memories of past experiences and other countries...to the moment before our conception and the birth vision we all experience...to the passage of death and the life review we must all face...to the self-imposed isolation of hell, where fearful souls resist awakening...and the love-filled Afterlife dimension where the knowledge of human destiny is guarded and held. And, back on Earth, you will see the fear of the future that is endangeirng Earth's spiritual renaissance, and you will struggle to overcome this fear by exploirng the nature of intuition, synchronicity and visualization.

As you grasp The Tenth Insight your memories will expand to include an understanding of the long expanse of human history and the special mission we all share to bring humanity to answer, as never before, the unspoken questions that loom over all of human experience and in every human heart: Why are we here? What are we to do? Where are we going?

Again, with words that resonate with our deepest intuitions and illuminate both the world outside us and within us, James Redfield offers us all a unique, revelatory and ultimately joyful vision of human spirituality. One that could change your life - and perhaps the world.

The Secret of Shambhala: In search of the Eleventh Insight. by James Redfield

In the remote snow-covered mountains near Tibet lies a community long thought to be a mere myth called Shambhala, or Shangri-La. Here, in this place, is knowledge that has been kept hidden for centuries, and an insight that can have a profound impact on the way each of us lives our lives. Your search for Shambhala begins with the words of a child and the vision of an old friend. Those slender clues and a powerful synchronicity will lead to Kathmandu, Nepal, and then to Lhasa, Tibet.

Amid blowing snows and perilous mountains, you will meet the members of the secret Tibetan sect that guards mysterious legends - the verbal instructions handed down for centuries that describe the inner changes one must undergo before entering Shambhala.

Finally, with Chinese Agents in pursuit, you will pass through regions where anger and compassion struggle for ascendancy, and arrive at a place where the stunning reality about human prayer-energy - our underdeveloped ability to increase the synchronicity in our lives and influence what will happen to us in the future - is revealed.

Like James Redfield's other books, The Secret of Shambhala has a parable effect. Open yourself to this amazing adventure and the experience will stretch your world view. It will also leave you determined to channel your thoughts and wishes into a dynamic force that can help you to liberate your life, enhance the lives of others and actively change the world

The Twelfth Insight (Celestine 4). by James Redfield.

The Twelfth Insight is the fourth book in the hugely successful Celestine series. It is an adventure tale that is both suspenseful and contemplative, and builds on the insights introduced in Redfield's previous books. It describes a new wave of tolerance and integrity that is emerging in reaction to years of conflict, warfare and political corruption.

With unsurpassed insight, James Redfield continues the astounding spiritual journey that is the Celestine series. Through deep intuition of the world within and without he moves the series into the future, showing us that 2012 is not about the end of the world - but about the unifying life of everyday miracles.

In this book, the familiar character of Wil returns along with our narrator, 'The Hero'. Wil has found a fragment of a mysterious ancient document, which seems to be the first part of a guide to spiritual experience. Each step of the guide offers an expanded clarity about the larger picture of human life and purpose. But Wil and our Hero have only one part of the old document, and must systematically find the remaining parts. A global search has been unleashed to find the message and meaning of the document in its entirety.

The Little Book of the Soul. by Ian Lawton.

How did a Russian scientist left for dead in a mortuary for three days make contact with his neighbor's sick baby... and wake up with a cure that all the doctors had missed? What about the Indian girl with memories of a past life... who astonished her former husband by reminding him how he had taken money from her just before she died? Or the Australian woman who recalled past-life details of a carving on the stone floor of a small cottage... and was able to locate it under decades of chicken droppings when brought to England for the first time? These amazing reports are not new age mumbo jumbo. They have all been properly recorded and investigated by professional scientists. And they will make you think long and hard about who you are and what you are doing here.

The Future of the Soul: 2012 and the Global Shift in Conciousness. by Ian Lawton

So much has been written about 2012 and the global shift in consciousness. From catastrophic doom and gloom to sugar-coated messages that avoid the stark realities of what might lie ahead. But what if we were to be given channeled messages that are incredibly positive and exciting, yet also grounded? Well now we have. These messages come from a diverse group of souls who refer to themselves as 'the council'. They provide information rarely if ever encountered elsewhere, including: a) everything is just as planned, even including over-population and the exploitation of earth s resources; b) a similar shift occurred 26,000 years ago, but this time the conditions are deliberately very different; and c) so many souls are on earth now to take advantage of an incredible opportunity that has been known about, planned for and eagerly awaited for thousands of years. The attention of the entire universe is excitedly trained on our planet. If you want to know why each and every one of us has a crucial role to play in this amazing transformation, as we finally blossom into our full spiritual potential, read on...

Out of Body Experiences: A Handbook. by Janet Lee Mitchell Ph.D.

What is the best, safest method to induce an OBE?

Is there a limit to how far away one should go from the body?

Is it possible to go out and not be able to get back in the body?

Do I need a teacher to learn how to have this experience?

Have astral bodies actually been photographed?

What are the main fears that hold one back from an OBE?

Based on laboratory investigations by a veteran parapsychologist, this unique book suggests that a person's conscious awareness can detach itself from the person's body and travel for an extended period of time.

Is it science fact or science fiction?

Decide for yourself -- with this complete guide to OBEs including:

First person accounts
Comprehensive history of occurrences through the ages across all cultures
The 90 most commonly asked questions about OBEs

Amazon review:

"This book is not based on rehashed theories. Janet Mitchell's early scientific investigations of out of body experience are authentic, groundbreaking and full of integrity. It is a shame that her work has been overlooked over the years, but I am thrilled to see it republished here on Kindle. this is a very important book."

Projection of the Astral Body. by Sylvan Muldoon and Herewood Carrington.

1929. Dr. Carrington, one of the world's foremost psychic researchers, brings his vast knowledge of scientific investigation to bear in editing the remarkable account of Sylvan Muldoon's out of body experiences. Muldoon gives not only a vivid account of his own astral projections, but instructions to the student in the technique of projecting the astral body.

Here's a 5 star Amazon review:

OK, for those who've seen ghosts - and not all people have that capability - this book can explain a lot. I have no doubt that the author is 100% genuine in his description of the experiences that he's had. Everyone, it would appear, has the ability to astrally project their consciousness and for those who've have actually succeeded in a fully conscious projection - some quite by accident - there can be no doubt that they're aware of an inner consciousness - call it a soul, ghost, phantom, doppelganger or what you will - that can exist outside of the physical body. For people who've actually had this experience then death holds no fear for them - they know that there's more to us than just the physical side. The author details how this may happen to almost anyone willing to train their mind in the way he suggests. Science has been very stone aged in it's approach to this subject - after all, common sense tells us that such a thing must be impossible - but then so must the non locality of nature that quantum physics suggests could be the case. It is my belief that books like this one can help to open peoples' minds on this subject. The nearer one is to death, then the more likely one is to experience this phenomena. Unfortunately these experiences are subjective and trying to prove such things under scientific test conditions must be very difficult indeed!

And, here's a 1 star Amazon review:

Along Robert Monroe's work, this is widely considered one of the classic books on the subject. This book is an interesting read IF you are looking for very technical parascience that discusses nitpicky details about questions such as "is the astral body made of etheric magnetism or magnetic ether" (note- I made that bit up, but it's really not far off from the approach taken in this book). This book may useful if you are researching historical texts from the early 1900's, perhaps associated with Theosophy and Spiritualism.

I personally could not find value in this book, because it is essentially an attempt to look at astral projection from a scientific lens. This in itself is interesting, because in our scientific age many people seem to feel a need to find "empirical scientific evidence" to justify their ideas about things that may simply be beyond the senses, i.e. "extra sensory". [if you are wondering why this might be, I would very strongly recommend reading "SSOTBME" by Ramsey Dukes... look into it]

If you find it interesting to read about other peoples experiences with astral projection, I hesitantly say you may find this book interesting. I hesitate because it is a very slow, dry and boring read, and if you simply want to read tales about otherworldly phenomena you may prefer Monroe's books...

My ultimate recommendation, though, is to avoid these books altogether and actually try to get some practical experience of astral projection. Why do you really want to read about other people's experiences , when you could be having your own? These books are definitely not very practical, no matter what claims they may make. Their "practical" elements are primarily based on looking into the different "vibratory states" your etheric body undergoes during the process of separation from your body. Pfffft. How useful is that? The overly technical and outdated language of this book makes it absolutely pale in comparison to any other information you can get about how to actually astral project (or if you are unsuccessful, to at least have lucid dreams)... there is no shortage of info on the internet and more recent and more practical books are available.

HERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF INFO ABOUT HOW TO ASTRAL PROJECT...

First of all, it is important to keep it simple, because the more you think the harder it is to project. Ironically, this means that it will be harder to project if you have read a lot about it, because your mind will be clouded by preconceived notions and a bunch of expectations.

The most important elements are: awareness, relaxation, and concentration.

Start by remembering your dreams every day, by recalling them when you wake up and writing them down in a journal. The more you remember your dreams, the more you will dream (I didn't dream for about 8 years, until I started this practice, which has helped me have at least 3 dreams a day, and usually several lucid dreams every week... now is a good time to point out that smoking pot will make you unable to dream). It is helpful to look over your dreams occasionally, preferably before you go to sleep. Also, before falling asleep try to go over everything that has happened to you throughout the day, because this helps you to increase your memory of your dreams. You will likely notice that you can only remember things you have paid attention to, which leads us to our next step...

Pay attention to as much as possible throughout the day. The more aware you are while awake, the more aware you will be while asleep. This helps you have lucid dreams. Try to think as little as possible during the day, instead be aware of your senses... "thought is an obstacle to conscious astral projection" (a quote from Samael Aun Weor). Meditation is very helpful, but meditation must be carried through your entire day to be effective, so simply be aware at all times. Put down that book and notice the world around you!

Then work on concentration, one of the two essential elements for astral projection. Meditation is extremely helpful. In particular, try to clear you mind and be aware of your entire physical body. Being aware throughout the day helps develop this ability. Two meditation exercises that help with astral projection: concentration on your heartbeat (if you persist, you will be easily able to feel you heart beating), and concentration on a mantra. Then, when you are trying to project you can do this meditation...

THE BASIC PRINCIPLE UNDERLYING ASTRAL PROJECTION IS THAT YOU MAINTAIN CONCENTRATION THROUGH THE POINT OF FALLING ASLEEP.

If you are concentrating on your heartbeat or a mantra, and fall asleep without drifting off into other thoughts, you can astral project.

Also helpful, for refining your technique, is visualization. Visualization is an essential tool for any magic, and apparently the astral plane is the realm where most magical work takes place, so you may find yourself interested in faaaarrrrr more than you initially considered when researching astral projection.

Very helpful is the ability to visually recall an object in perfect detail, and then to visualize an entire room. This is part of the principle behind projecting to a particular place... so, imagination and willpower are two essential elements involved in astral projection.

In lucid dreaming and astral projection, you will discover a lot about your self and you mind. How much of your dreams are projections of your mind (subjective), and how much is "actually there" (objective)? Does the astral plane (or even our physical world) "really exist"?

One reason this book may be useful is simple... it is easier to astral project when you are determined, and when you are reading about it you may find yourself more determined.

Books about dreaming/astral travel I recommend are: Astral Travel and Dreams (Samael Aun Weor), Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep (Tenzin Wangyal), and Realities of the Dreaming Mind (Swami Sivananda Radha).

Both equally valid points of view, in my opinion.

Pyramid Power. by Max Toth and Greg Nielson.

Book Description
Publication Date: 14 Nov 1985
The topic of controversy in Time Magazine, Esquire, and numerous other publications across the country, Pyramid Powerhas captured the imagination of millions all over the world who have used these mysterious energies in research and to create a better life style.Pyramid Power, the secret energy harnessed by the ancients, preserves food stuffs, amplifies thought forms, and increases sexual vitality. Here is the latest fabulous and provocative information on pyramids around the world, instructions on building your own pyramid, and suggested experiments.The #1 bestseller on pyramid energies offers fascinating information on pyramids around the world, and how you can make pyramid power work for you.

And, once again, two contrasting reviews:

"The difference between those who read and use this book, and those who just read it and don't even try to use it are amusing. I got this book a while back, and made cardboard models of the Great Pyramid for my own use. I painted them sky blue, for Healing and made my own pyramid water. The plants grew like mad! The pets had vastly increased energy and minded better. I used it on wine and it tasted great! I used it on a sick pet, one the vet said would not live long, and that pet is still alive! When I drink it, I can think better. I don't know how it does that! They don't know how it works, it just does. You need to use it to find out about it. It makes water an elixer, by expanding the molecules. Try it, read the book, and do it. You won't regret it."

"but can't deliver.
A full 66 pages, or 6 chapters, of this 200-page volume are wasted with a discussion of the ancient pyramids in Peru, Mexico and Egypt, and the open questions as to their construction and purpose. Another chapter then revisits the well-known esoteric theories of the pyramids, and develops a pseudoscientific theory that can only be characterized as "geometric mysticism".

The remaining 7 chapters then finally discuss what the whole book claims to be about: the energy of pyramids. No hard data, or theories, are offered to support the hypothesis that such an energy exists in the first place, only anecdotal material and personal testimony. At least enough detail is provided so that the reader can try the experiments and make up his/her own mind.

Summary: if your interest in pyramids is purely theoretical in nature, look elsewhere. If, on the other hand, you seek to explore what pyramids can do for you, this book might be of limited usefulness to you.
"

The Biology of belief. by Bruce Lipton Ph.D

Book Description
Publication Date: 7 Mar 2011 | ISBN-10: 1848503350 | ISBN-13: 978-1848503359
Through the research of Dr Lipton and other leading-edge scientists, stunning new discoveries have been made about the interaction between your mind and body and the processes by which cells receive information. It shows that genes and DNA do not control our biology, that instead DNA is controlled by signals from outside the cell, including the energetic messages emanating from our thoughts. Using simple language, illustrations, humour, and everyday examples, he demonstrates how the new science of Epigenetics is revolutionising our understanding of the link between mind and matter and the profound effects it has on our personal lives and the collective life of our species.

This paperback edition of The Biology of Belief fully updates and revises the material from the bestselling original edition, and adds material in the light of the seismic effect the book has had.

A glowing review:

"Wow! This is one of the most powerful books I've read in a very long time. Can't in all honesty say it was an easy read, at least not for the first half of the book, but it certainly rewarded the effort it took to get my head round some the concepts and ideas introduced here.

Bruce Lipton is a cell biologist who taught this subject at the University of Wisconsin's School of Medicine and later at Stanford University's School of Medicine. As a teacher of medical students, not only in the mainland US but also for a couple of years on Martiinique and Grenada, I had to assume that Bruce Lipton was an expert on his subject.

The early chapters of the book look at the basics of how cells function - not aimed at the medical student level but aimed at the laypersons level of understanding. Now I don't know about you but I've never formally studied biology so didn't really have a clue about stuff like eukaryotes and prokaryotes (which, amazingly, I find that I now do), cytoplasm, enzymes and DNA - and of course the key to everything, proteins. Now I thought protein was just something you had to make sure you included in your diet, but it seems it's the key to allowing the `machinery' of an individual cell to function, as well as the key to deciding which of your genes are allowed to exert their influence. This is the bit where it starts to get really interesting, because the author then goes on to discuss how the genetic material, the DNA, is not actually the driving force of life, reproduction, or the expression of genetic material in a body.

This is what has been taught for decades, the DNA is in control. Bruce Lipton says no - the cell membrane is not only intelligent, but also in charge. He then goes on to prove this hypothesis.

If all that sounds a bit heavy it is written in a beautifully entertaining and interesting way and I was left with an understanding of cell mechanisms almost effortlessly.

The author then moves on to belief and explores the placebo effect and the amazing nature of a mind that can heal a body (even of something that requires surgery) just because it thinks it is receiving medical treatment. After that he looks at how belief translates into quantum effects that impact the cell membrane and bring about physiological responses to thought.

The only thing missing is what to do with this information in order to change your own reality - but the author does offer some suggestions for further exploration of this particular area.

Brilliant, thought-provoking and a new way of looking at life not from an ideas point of view but from the perspectives of the mechanics of how the science works. It brings these ideas of Mind over Matter, ideas that have been in the world of New-Age airy-fairyness for a long time, right down into the practical world of the science lab showing you the exact mechanisms and how they function at an atomic level.

Highly recommended
"

I'd post a negative one, but frankly, their critisisms don't stack up!

Isaac Newton and the Secret Sun Dial. by Nigel Mortimer.

"Ufologist and Paranormal researcher Nigel Mortimer believes that he has found convincing evidence that inter-dimensional portals really do exist and one of these can be found in North yorkshire, England!

His website states: 'This is a real life quest unlike anything that has been attempted before. Journeying back in time to the 17th Century in northern England, Nigel & his wife Helen, discover a 400 year plot to hide the truth about an ancient stone circle site called the Settle Sun Dial, that suddenly vanished from the local landscape in the mid 1700's….. He soon learns about what the 'first peoples' understood about the site – that it was a gateway, a portal to another dimension!

Involved in a psychic struggle to reveal the truth, he is attacked from the spirit world by one of those who does not want this truth revealed. After suffering a long illness brought on by a curse, Nigel recovered in March 2011, to eventually continue the real life quest with the help of his wife, and they secure video & photographic proof that the portal is real.

Then Nigel discovers that Isaac Newton and other brilliant scholars have visited the site of the Sun Dial in the past and may have been involved in a secret cover up of the facts involving the local freemasons. Was it through his interaction with the portal, that Newton received the brilliant scientific ideas that changed the world of science as we know it today and then adapted these to promote his 'new scientific theories' ? This story is true, but the historic record shows that there are those in power, who would have the reality of the portals remain hidden at all costs.

By following the messages received from his Celestial guide, Sharlek, Nigel continues the quest and is shown three separate ley lines of energy that map out the secret location of the Sun Dial portal at Settle. Evidence that the portal is starting to re-activate in 2012 after thousands of years is given to Nigel by those unseen visitors who have used it as a doorway for thousands of years, and soon the evidence begins to mount.

The investigation is on-going and new discoveries are being made every day. Only yesterday, Nigel secured new video footage from the portal site which seemed to show three seperate bursts of blue mist like energy in a clearing in the woods. The footage can be found on his website.
"

The Third Eye. by T.Lobsang Rampa.

T. Lobsang Rampa was preordained to be a Tibetan priest, a sign from the stars that could not be ignored. When he left his wealthy home to enter the monastery, his heart was filled with trepidation, with only a slight knowledge of the rigorous spiritual training and physical ordeal that awaited him . . . .
This is his story, a hauntingly beautiful and deeply inspiring journey of awakening within Chakpori Lamasery, the temple of Tibetan medicine. It is a moving tale of passage through the mystic arts of astral projection, crystal gazing, aura deciphering, meditation, and more, a spiritual guide of enlightenment and discovery through the opening of the all-powerful, the all-knowing . . . .
"Fascinates the reader!" -- Miami Herald

"This author wrote a total of 19 affordable paperbacks on the topics of Tibet and the forgotten mystic abilities of mankind. You may have heard the stories about the author, that he was a "hoax", not who he claimed to be. Read the books! He openly discusses all of these accusations, and often states that because his story is so unusual, he is often disbelieved. Then, once you tire of the whole controversy regarding the author, you will still be left with a wealth of down-to-earth information about topics considered "out of this world". If you are seriously interested in the possibilites of reincarnation, astral travel, meditation, etc. but you don't want to read a bunch of New Age jibber-jabber, read The Third Eye and any other book by T. Lobsang Rampa. The author's writing style is warm and humourous, interweaving the lessons with stories from his facinating life experience. I have read and re-read all 19 of his books so I am obviously a fan...but I was skeptical at first. You will be too, because the story is unlike any you've ever heard. Never mind, whether you consider his work fact or fiction, Rampa's books are page-turners one and all. (Note: those who mentioned their wish to contact the author...unfortunately, this is not possible because he passed away in 1981.)"

Book Description
Publication Date: 5 Jan 2012
UNKNOWN TO THE WESTERN WORLD. . . THE TIBETAN LAMA UNLEASHES HIS MYSTICAL POWERS. At the age of seven the Day of Prophecy arrived, and the court astrologers pronounced their findings. It was proclaimed that T. Lobsang Rampa was to enter the lamasery to be trained as a clairvoyant and as a healer. Many predictions were made about his life, including the fact that his work would be heralded around the world. While still very young the author's Third Eye was opened increasing his mystical powers, as well as his ability to view the human aura, and to read the thoughts of others. This volume -- part of an extensive series -- discusses karma, the other side of death, the silver cord, the seership, crystal power, ghosts as well as astral projection. This book is highly recommended for students walking the Spiritual Path in search of Enlightenment.

These two reviews made me laugh. The first for it's ignorance; because obviously. the reviewer didn't go on to read any more of the books, which explain in detail... everything.
The second review is pointing out that ignorance.

"Explorer and Tibetologist Heinrich Harrer was unconvinced about the book's origins and hired a private detective from Liverpool named Clifford Burgess to investigate Rampa. The findings of Burgess' investigation were published in the Daily Mail in February 1958. It was reported that the author of the book was a man named Cyril Henry Hoskin, who had been born in Plympton, Devon in 1910 and was the son of a plumber. Hoskin had never been to Tibet and spoke no Tibetan. In 1948, he had legally changed his name to Carl Kuon Suo before adopting the name Lobsang Rampa. An obituary of Fra Andrew Bertie, Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, claims that he was involved in unmasking Lobsang Rampa as a West Country plumber.[1]

Rampa was tracked by the British press to Howth, Ireland and confronted with these allegations. He did not deny that he had been born as Cyril Hoskin, but claimed that his body was now occupied by the spirit of Lobsang Rampa. According to the account given in his third book, The Rampa Story, he had fallen out of a fir tree in his garden in Thames Ditton, Surrey while attempting to photograph an owl. He was concussed and on regaining his senses had seen a Buddhist monk in saffron robes walking towards him. The monk spoke to him about Rampa taking over his body and Hoskin agreed, saying that he was dissatisfied with his current life. When Rampa's original body became too worn out to continue, he took over Hoskin's body in a process of transmigration of the soul.

Rampa maintained for the rest of his life that The Third Eye was a true story. In the foreword to the 1964 edition of the book, he wrote:

I am Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, that is my only name, now my legal name, and I answer to no other. "

"No offence intended towards Mr K. L. Smith but his comments gave rise to a vision of someone busily going through their local library, picking up books on any subject they have no knowledge of and branding them with a large rubber stamp marked 'FAKE'.

I am confused, how can a private detective 'unmask' an author by revealing that the author is who he claims to be in his own books. Read all of Dr Rampa's books, and 'Twenty-Five year with T. Lobsang Rampa' by Sheelagh Rouse - then make up your own mind.

Throughout history many people with more knowledge than their contemporaries were branded as fakes and heretics, men like Galileo and Marconi. Thousands of wise men and women with knowledge of herbs and healing were branded as `witches' and burnt at the stake of ignorance.

Few books have aroused more controversy in recent years than Lobsang Rampa's The Third Eye, and the other works which have come from his pen. The reason is simple enough. When an Englishman claims that his body has been taken over by the spirit of a Tibetan Lama, he can reasonably expect mockery. When, in addition, he recounts extraordinary, highly detailed experiences which pre-suppose the possession of personal powers quite outside the laws of nature as we understand them, the reaction not surprisingly becomes an uproar.

But uproars of this kind do sometimes spring from ignorance. To glimpse what was previously unknown is always disturbing. The fact that Dr. Rampa now has many thousands of readers throughout the world is evidence that not all minds are closed against the unfamiliar.

The sceptics have been unable to disprove the story of Dr. Rampa's life and they cannot explain how he came by his knowledge if his story is untrue."

The Cave of the Ancients. by T.Lobsang Rampa.

Product Description
THERE ARE THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO LEAD HUMANKIND IN A MORE SPIRITUAL DIRECTION. . .AND THEY ARE RESIDING ON THIS PLANET EVEN THOUGH MOST OF US DO NOT KNOWLEDGE THEIR EXISTENCE!

The Monks entered the subterranean abode to meet with the Masters of Universal Wisdom in the Halls of The Akashic Records.

While deep inside the Earth, it was revealed to them fascinating accounts of ancient space visitors, lost civilizations, advanced gravity ships. . and much more knowledge long forgotten by humankind.

The Lama opened the again and said, "In a far-off country across the seas the general ability to see Nature Spirits has been lost. If one sees such a Spirit it is a matter for jest, the Seer is literally accused of 'seeing things.' Western people do not believe in things unless they can be torn to pieces or held in the hands, or put in a case. A Nature Spirit is termed a Fairy in the West --and Fairy Tales are not believed!"

This is one of Rampa's most exciting adventures and has been received with a great deal of pleasure by this multitude of readers all over the world.

Behind the great Himalayan range, there lies all-seeing, all-knowing power and enlightenment.

It is a way of life that may now be destroyed for all time, a spiritual culture with roots in the ancient world, the remote lamaseries of Tibet.

It is here that T. Lobsang Rampa journeyed on the road to self-awareness, to these age-old repositories of wisdom -- where the Lamas learn the meaning of life and death, where the mysterious relationship between the mind and the brain is uncovered, where the secrets of hypnotism, telepathy, clairvoyance, and reincarnation are a part of daily life.

Here too Rampa learned power -- but not for abuse or misuse. For the power of supreme enlightenment and universal knowledge is only offered to a chosen few, to those introduced to the strange and exciting world of . . .CAVE OF THE ANCIENTS.
whatsinaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #1468
chattanova

This gave me the shills! One of my favorite reads, the authors take you through a lot of personal investigated cases.

Highly recommended but very hard to find.

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #1469
knowthyself1

Default Essential reading..

― Gospel of Thomas
knowthyself1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #1470
lightgiver

Lightbulb Hot el Corona do

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post

This gave me the shills! One of my favorite reads, the authors take you through a lot of personal investigated cases.

Highly recommended but very hard to find.
Quote:
The EVP recording from the trailer White Noise that is attributed to a woman named Ruth Baxter who died in 1987, is supposedly a recording from Point Lookout, a "haunted" lighthouse in Maryland, made by an EVP researcher named Sarah Estep. The lighthouse was used as a hospital during the Civil War and some interpretations of the recording believe it to say, "I was seeing the war," or "I was seeing the water."

For the fact is that EVP do exist and can be picked up on a radio, tape-recorder, answering machine or television without too much trouble...

"Hanging on the Telephone" is a song written by Jack Lee and first performed by The Nerves...and features on the blondie album Parallel Lines.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=162
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=337
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #1471
lightgiver

Lightbulb Freud's Suppression of the Seduction Theory

Quote:
The Freudian Cover-up is a theory first popularized by social worker Florence Rush in the 1970s which asserts that Sigmund Freud intentionally ignored evidence that his patients were victims of sexual abuse.The theory argues that in developing his theory of infant sexuality, he misinterpreted his patients' claim of sexual abuse as symptoms of repressed incestous desire. Therefore, Freud claimed that children who reported sexual abuse by adults had either imagined or fantasized the experience.
Quote:
In the early 1890s Freud used a form of treatment based on the one that Breuer had described to him, modified by what he called his "pressure technique" and his newly developed analytic technique of interpretation and reconstruction. According to Freud's later accounts of this period, as a result of his use of this procedure most of his patients in the mid-1890s reported early childhood sexual abuse. He believed these stories, but then came to believe that they were fantasies. He explained these at first as having the function of "fending off" memories of infantile masturbation, but in later years he wrote that they represented Oedipal fantasies. Another version of events focuses on Freud's proposing that unconscious memories of infantile sexual abuse were at the root of the psychoneuroses in letters to Fliess in October 1895, before he reported that he had actually discovered such abuse among his patients. In the first half of 1896 Freud published three papers stating that he had uncovered, in all of his current patients, deeply repressed memories of sexual abuse in early childhood. In these papers Freud recorded that his patients were not consciously aware of these memories, and must therefore be present as unconscious memories if they were to result in hysterical symptoms or obsessional neurosis. The patients were subjected to considerable pressure to "reproduce" infantile sexual abuse "scenes" that Freud was convinced had been repressed into the unconscious.
Quote:
He had incorporated his notions of unconscious fantasies in The Interpretation of Dreams (1899), but did not explicitly relate his seduction theory claims to the Oedipus theory until 1925. Notwithstanding his abandonment of the seduction theory, Freud always recognized that some neurotics had experienced childhood sexual abuse.Freud also believed that the libido developed in individuals by changing its object, a process codified by the concept of sublimation. He argued that humans are born "polymorphously perverse", meaning that any number of objects could be a source of pleasure. He further argued that, as humans develop, they become fixated on different and specific objects through their stages of development—first in the oral stage (exemplified by an infant's pleasure in nursing), then in the anal stage (exemplified by a toddler's pleasure in evacuating his or her bowels), then in the phallic stage. In the latter stage, Freud contended, male infants become fixated on the mother as a sexual object (known as the Oedipus Complex), a phase brought to an end by threats of castration, resulting in the castration complex, the severest trauma in his young life. (In his later writings Freud postulated an equivalent Oedipus situation for infant girls, the sexual fixation being on the father...
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=19
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=347

Last edited by lightgiver; 19-11-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 19-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #1472
camreeno
Inactive

An outstanding book about our Western societies' fixation on extroversion and how introverts are overlooked. It goes into lots of studies and psychology about why we are introverted or extroverted, explaining a genetic basis to a large part of it.

A graphic novel version of Dickens's book. I thought it was hard to read, but relatively interesting once I found a video explaining this confusing story. The graphics are in the style of a manga, so that's cool. It's educational because it's set against the French Revolution.

This is a very old graphic novel (from 1931) based on the author's life moving to America as a Japanese immigrant. It's very historic because it's the first graphic novel/comic book ever published in Japanese, so it is considered the book that gave birth to Japan's obsession with manga leading up to today. Because it's so old, it's interesting seeing how comics were made differently back then.
camreeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #1473
mrschesterdogg

Default What's the last book you read?

The last book I read was The Complete Book Of Numerology. It was a pretty good book with a lot of good information. Some of it toward the end was confusing tho.....
mrschesterdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #1474
thetruepathofwisdom

The Shining Ones by Christian and Barbara Joy O'Brien. A great book which follows "The Shining Ones" throughout history as they leave the mark on mankind. I am still in the process of reading this book but so far, a great read.
thetruepathofwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #1475
chattanova

Halfway through this, its really hard to put down.
The Apollo missions weird incidents and ufo sightings on the moon, hollow moon ++

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #1476
indolering

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post

Halfway through this, its really hard to put down.
The Apollo missions weird incidents and ufo sightings on the moon, hollow moon ++
This is the book to read if one wants a scientific perspective on the theory of spaceship moon. The Russian scientists who proposed this theory are no dummies - their speculations on the structure and origin of our moon are reasoned and plausible. And one finally understands that this theory is the only one which accounts for the numerous anomalies associated with our moon. Icke himself does not endorse theories for which there is not abundant evidence to support them. This book, along with Who Built The Moon contain such evidence.
Old 26-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #1477
saty

I think the moon is hollow planetoid that is used by alien races , some of them have bases on the surface, some live underneath it.One thing is certain, it's definetely not a dead satellite with no life whatsoever, the truth is being hidden from the public....as always.
Old 27-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #1478
bard

This is a rare book, long time out of print, you can still find used copies though.
The author makes a good case for the connection between the Knight Templars and the stonemasons who build the Notre Dame cathedrals across France. It seems that behind both fraternities there was a certain underground esoteric school. In fact, a case can be made that the original 9 Templars were commissioned and sent to the Holy Land by St. Bernard of Clairvaux (or whatever organization he represented) in search of something, possibly a library of Hidden Knowledge.

Old 27-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #1479
indolering

Quote:
Originally Posted by saty View Post
I think the moon is hollow planetoid that is used by alien races , some of them have bases on the surface, some live underneath it.One thing is certain, it's definetely not a dead satellite with no life whatsoever, the truth is being hidden from the public....as always.
All the evidence indicates there's much activity on the moon. And it's not earthling activity. Although the controllers have developed space travel, the moon belongs to someone else - however, it appears the controllers have established colonies on Mars and perhaps elsewhere. There's still much to be learned about their progress in off-world activities; they have had decades to develop the technology to terraform other planets.

I've been reading Subterranean Worlds by W. Kafton-Minkel but when I found this book on the assassination of JFK at the local library, I just have to read it first. The book is called, Mary's Mosaic - The CIA Conspiracy To Murder JFK, Mary Pinchot Meyer, And Their Vision For World Peace, and it was just published earlier this year. The book is about Kennedy's affair with Ms Meyer while he was president and how they took acid together and conspired to bring peace to the planet. Of course they were both cut down in their prime for daring such a thing, but the truth demands to be known, and we should learn the real, fascinating history of our time which has been kept from us for so long.... Kennedy was no saint but he was a good man who finally tried to do what was right. He tried to do too much too soon and paid the ultimate price.

Old 27-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #1480
lightgiver

Lightbulb Fourth Degree of Melong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bard View Post
This is a rare book, long time out of print, you can still find used copies though.
The author makes a good case for the connection between the Knight Templars and the stonemasons who build the Notre Dame cathedrals across France. It seems that behind both fraternities there was a certain underground esoteric school. In fact, a case can be made that the original 9 Templars were commissioned and sent to the Holy Land by St. Bernard of Clairvaux (or whatever organization he represented) in search of something, possibly a library of Hidden Knowledge.

Fourth Degree of Illumination...

Chartres Cathedral (Druidic- Sun Oracle) Initiation of the Heart Center...The best known example of labyrinth is embedded in the stone pavement of Chartres Cathedral near Paris.

The French medieval Cathedral of Our Lady of Chartres (French: Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres) is a Latin Rite Catholic cathedral located in Chartres, about 80 kilometres (50 mi) southwest of Paris...The 1st meridian east forms a great circle with the 179th meridian west...The 1st meridian east passes through...Stowmarket, Suffolk...Whitstable, Kent...Ibiza...Azawad...A section of the border with Burkina Faso and the Antarctica Queen Maud Land, claimed by Norway.

One of the few elements to survive from the mid-12th century church, the Portail Royale was integrated into the new cathedral built after the 1194 fire. Opening onto the parvis (the large square in front of the cathedral where markets were held), the two lateral doors would have been the first entry point for most visitors to Chartres, as it remains today...The archivolts contain the signs of the zodiac and the labours of the months – standard references to the cyclical nature of time which appear in many gothic portals...The central portal is a more conventional representation of the End of Time as described in the Book of Revelation. In the centre of the tympanum is Christ within a mandorla, surrounded by the four symbols of the evangelists (the Tetramorph). The lintel shows the Twelve Apostles while the archivolts show the 24 Elders of the Apocalypse.

Starting at the Prime Meridian and heading eastwards, the parallel 48° north passes through...Bavaria - passing through Lake Ammer, and passing just south of Munich...Jewish Autonomous Oblast... Washington - Olympic Peninsula (mainland), Whidbey Island, and the mainland
Idaho...Michigan - Isle Royale...Just passing south of the Gaspé Peninsula, Quebec, Canada... 1 km north of the Bay d'Espoir Generating Station, and through the community of Queen's Cove...Bay de Verde Peninsula, island of Newfoundland.

Accorded to The Degree of the Lion...

Sacred symbol of the swan...

The swan song represented the death of self and the inner realisation of the divine within the human breast,awarded only when the aspirant had gained control of their subjective process's so that no unconscious prejudice could rule their actions...

The sublime gifts of love and compassion...

This represents the union bewtween the physical and spiritual aspects of the personality,

Anahata (Sanskrit: अनाहत, Anāhata) is the fourth primary chakra ...In Sanskrit the word anahata - means unhurt, un-struck and unbeaten. Anahata Nad refers to the Vedic concept of unstruck sound, the sound of the celestial realm...The Anahata chakra is positioned in the central channel behind the spine at the heart region, with its kshetram or superficial activation site actually in the heart region between the two breasts

The heart wheel in Tibetan Buddhism is the location of the indestructible red and white drop. At the time of death, all the subtle winds of the body dissolve and enter into this drop, which then leaves the body into the Bardo, intermediate stage, and then into rebirth. The heart wheel in this model is circular, white, and has 8 petals or channels that reach downwards. These channels divide into 3, the mind wheel, speech wheel, and body wheel, and go to 24 places in the body, after which they divide into 3 again, and then into 1000, producing 72000 channels, known as Nadi which spread out throughout the whole body...
On the exterior of Chartres Cathedral, by the north door, there is a carving on a pillar, which gives us an indication of the object sought by the burrowing Templars, representing the Ark of the Covenant, but in a rather strange context. The Ark is depicted as being transported on a wheeled vehicle. Legend recounts that the Ark of the Covenant had been secreted deep beneath the Temple in Jerusalem centuries before the fall of the city to the Romans. It had been hidden there to protect it form yet another invading army who had laid the city to waste. Hugh de Payen had been chosen to lead the expedition mounted to locate the Ark and bring it back to Europe. Persistent legends recount that the Ark was then hidden for a considerable time deep beneath the crypt of Chartres Cathedral. The same legends also claim that the Templars found many other sacred artefacts from the old Jewish temple in the course of their investigations and that a considerable quantity of documentation was also located during the dig. While there has been much speculation as to the exact nature of these documents, a reasonable consensus is emerging that they contained scriptural scrolls, treatises on sacred geometry, and details of certain knowledge, art and science - the hidden wisdom of the ancient initiates of the Judaic/Egyptian tradition. Until very recently these legends received short shrift from academic historians, but that situation is undergoing considerable change. One modern archaeological discovery tends to support the speculative scenario that the Templars knew where to look and precisely what they were seeking.. The Copper Scroll, one of the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered at Quamran, tends to confirm not only the objective of the Templar excavations but also, albeit indirectly, gives some credence to the bizarre concept of the transmission of knowledge through the generations that led to the Templar's discoveries in Jerusalem...

Pythagoras on one of the archivolts over the right door of the west portal at Chartres...

One of the attractions at the Chartres Cathedral is the Chartres Light Celebration, when not only is the cathedral lit, but so are many buildings throughout the town, as a celebration of electrification...

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=273
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartre...Portail_Royale
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=351
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=558