Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 04-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #21
decode reality

Back to some music. From the article: "Many of his compositions took humorous titles, but it is curious to note, among his most appreciated works, the series of six piano pieces that take the suggestive name of Gnosiennes (which we freely translated as ‘Gnostics’). This fact automatically leads us to intuit Satie’s philosophical concern, which is also a predominant factor in his creation."

Here's a great version of it recently done by the Spatial AKA.

“Artists talk a lot about freedom. So, recalling the expression "free as a bird," Morton Feldman went to a park one day and spent some time watching our feathered friends. When he came back, he said, "You know? They're not free: they're fighting over bits of food.”
John Cage

Last edited by decode reality; 04-10-2017 at 07:12 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #22
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
That being the case, then this 'satan' chap is obviously controlling and shaping you, and everyone else. Or are you perhaps Jesus? You see, your fundamentalist type of dogma does have its downsides - one of them being its inherent lack of logic, the other being the way it has to paint everything except itself as evil... but never mind. Here's a solution for you.

Stop listening to music altogether. And don't just stop there. Paintings, statues and even literature are also off-limits. Unless of course you find that the artist has no links to any esoteric groups, and no interest in anything mildly symbolic then go ahead and fill your boots. Good luck with that.

Finally, if you're going to post on a thread where you want to 'debunk' or 'expose' anything, then bring something more substantial to the table than tired, outmoded pseudo-religious cliches.
Why are you angry at me? I must be challenging your world view.

How is wondering if music could damage heaven so scary for you? Because you cannot debate against it? I think so.

How is theorising about heaven not acceptable? How are you going to figure out if Debussy was evil and part of an evil secret society? except through his work?

You seem like a bit of a fool to me.

>>Finally, if you're going to post on a thread where you want to 'debunk' or 'expose' anything, then bring something more substantial to the table than tired, outmoded pseudo-religious clichés.

Who is trying to debunk anything?

>>outmoded pseudo-religious clichés.

What else can we use? do you have scientific proof that Debussy was evil? Seems to me you are not saying anything...because you don't know anything.

The connection between Icke and 9/11

Last edited by fudgetusk; 06-10-2017 at 10:49 AM.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #23
decode reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Why are you angry at me? I must be challenging your world view.

How is wondering if music could damage heaven so scary for you? Because you cannot debate against it? I think so.

How is theorising about heaven not acceptable? How are you going to figure out if Debussy was evil and part of an evil secret society? except through his work?

You seem like a bit of a fool to me.

>>Finally, if you're going to post on a thread where you want to 'debunk' or 'expose' anything, then bring something more substantial to the table than tired, outmoded pseudo-religious clichés.

Who is trying to debunk anything?

>>outmoded pseudo-religious clichés.

What else can we use? do you have scientific proof that Debussy was evil? Seems to me you are not saying anything...because you don't know anything.
I didn't set out to prove anything of the sort, so I'm not sure why you're asking me. You're the one who's preoccupied with the idea that a particular composer might be evil, though nothing you've posted could be in any way classed as "proof", scientific or otherwise.

Where's your empirical evidence of the music having an adverse and harmful effect on people? You don't have any because there isn't any. I'd hardly call that challenging my worldview, along with your pseudo-religious vagueness. As I've said before, this tenuous notion of 'good' and 'evil' when applied here is actually nothing more than superstition.

Maybe because of the thread title and the fact that I've posted it on this forum, you thought that my intention was to do a hit-piece on 'music and the occult'. I don't do that because I don't equate all things occult with evil.

I started this thread out of an interest in the philosophical background of a couple of composers whose work I enjoy.
“Artists talk a lot about freedom. So, recalling the expression "free as a bird," Morton Feldman went to a park one day and spent some time watching our feathered friends. When he came back, he said, "You know? They're not free: they're fighting over bits of food.”
John Cage

Last edited by decode reality; 12-10-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #24
fudgetusk

Quote:
I didn't set out to prove anything of the sort, so I'm not sure why you're asking me. You're the one who's preoccupied with the idea that a particular composer might be evil, though nothing you've posted could be in any way classed as "proof", scientific or otherwise.

Where's your empirical evidence of the music having an adverse and harmful effect on people? You don't have any because there isn't any. I'd hardly call that challenging my worldview, along with your pseudo-religious vagueness. As I've said before, this tenuous notion of 'good' and 'evil' when applied here is actually nothing more than superstition.

Maybe because of the thread title and the fact that I've posted it on this forum, you thought that my intention was to do a hit-piece on 'music and the occult'. I don't do that because I don't equate all things occult with evil.

I started this thread out of an interest in the philosophical background of a couple of composers whose work I enjoy.
Most people here believe secret societies are of satanic origin. Are you saying otherwise?

Last edited by fudgetusk; 12-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #25
decode reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Most people here believe secret societies are of satanic origin. Are you saying otherwise?
I suggest you go and start another thread or join in another discussion specifically for that topic.
John Cage

Last edited by decode reality; 12-10-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 13-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #26
fudgetusk

Quote:
I suggest you go and start another thread or join in another discussion specifically for that topic.
You did not stipulate what we could talk about on this thread when you began it. And to do so would be bizarre. Why cut yourself off from any possible avenue? If you don't agree with what I say...ignore it. If you cannot ignore it then you are being reptilian...territorial.

Old 13-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #27
decode reality

From the article:

'It is remarkable, and even of full importance to understand his personality and his work, to admit his inescapable inclination to inspiration stimuli found in the mysteries of the Orient, Egypt and Ancient Greece. Irrefutable proof of this attraction is, for example, the ballet Khamma, set in the Ancient Egypt and the preludes for piano Danseuses of Delphes (‘Dancers of Delphi’) and „Canope”, which can refer both to Canopus, the god of Egyptian mythology, to the city of same name situated on the banks of the Nile, or to the canopic jar, a funeral vase used in the Egypt of the pharaohs.'

John Cage
Old 16-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #28
decode reality

Excerpts from Debussy as Grand Master of the Priory of Sion, a 2014 essay was written by Pieter Smal.

1. Introduction
Many famous composers and personalities in the past were involved with secret societies. Both Mozart and Haydn were Freemasons along with famous contemporaries like Lessing, Voltaire and Goethe (Thomson 1976: 25). A private compilation of documents called Dossiers Secrets d'Henri Lobineau (“The Secret Dossiers of Henri Lobineau”) was deposited in the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris circa 1967. One of these documents cites Claude Debussy (1862–1918) as the twenty-fifth Grand Master of the Priory of Sion. (Baigent et al. 2001: 88, 121.) Although many scholars are reluctant to write about Debussy and the occult, Leon Guichard's book Debussy et les occultistes has sparked an academic interest in the topic (Goldman 1991: 130). The aim of this paper is to relate the life and music of Debussy to the occult, thereby creating a profile that could be associated with a secret society. Since Debussy's music is notably mystical and revolutionary (when compared to the music of his contemporaries) we should explore esoteric hints in the titles of his compositions.

2. The occult and the Priory of Sion
The Priory of Sion is said to be secret organisation founded by Godfroi de Bouillon in 1090, nine years before the conquest of Jerusalem. The aim of this society seems to be the restoration of the Merovingian bloodline and dynasty to the thrones in Europe. A document published in 1967 entitled Le serpent rouge (“The red serpent”) links the Priory (of Sion) with the Rosicrucian Order. In addition to the slogan Ormus the Priory adopted a second subtitle, Ordre de la Rose-Croix Veritas (“Order of the Rose-Cross Veritas”), in 1188. It is speculated that the Knights Templar was the military wing of the Priory. Famous grandmasters cited in Dossiers Secrets include Nicolas Flamel, Sandro Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Robert Fludd, Robert Boyle, Isaac Newton, Victor Hugo and Jean Cocteau. (Baigent et al. 2001: 97, 111, 113, 122; Brouillard 2009: 1.)

Most individuals listed as Grand Masters of the Priory were associated with hermetic ideologies and the occult. Priory grandmaster Nicolas Flamel is perhaps the most famous medieval alchemist whilst Robert Fludd studied the Kabbalah and astrology. (Baigent et al. 2004: 123, 127; Yarker 2006: 201.) Hermeticism should not be confused with hermeneutics – the proposal and interpretation of theory (Beard and Gloag 2005: 77). Hermeticism is taken from Marsilio Ficino's Latin translation of the Corpus Hermeticum, the alleged teachings of the Egyptian god Thoth, also known as “Hermes Trismegistus”. The original document was assembled during the first few centuries after Christ and consists of various teachings surrounding astrology, alchemy, Pythagorean mathematics, Platonic philosophy, divination, necromancy and magic. Hermeticism is thus a collective term that refers to teachings surrounding the occult. (Levy 2010: 59; Thomas 1976: 267.)

3. Debussy's involvement in the occult
In 1892 Joseph Péladan opened a Parisian salon called Salon de la Rose+Croix (“Salon of the Rose+Cross”) (Hand 1984: 45). This salon became a fashionable place for luminaries who associated themselves with the Rosicrucian Order or the occult, including composers like Scriabin, Satie, Holst and Debussy. (Dalrymple Henderson 1987: 8.)

Debussy was an esoteric individual: both his music and private life are shrouded in secrecy. Many letters are either lost or remain unpublished in private collections. Frequently we find names omitted and whole sentences carefully excised. Perhaps these letters were written for the purpose of disinformation. Researchers know that lost letters and correspondences were sent to Serge Diaghilev, Vincent d'Indy, Paul Dukas, Manuel de Falla, Gabriel Fauré, Charles Gounod, Maurice Maeterlinck, Stéphane Mallarmé, Joseph Péladan, Igor Stravinsky and Paul Valéry. (Baigend et al. 2004: 469; Lockspeiser 1978a: 232–233; Greer 2013: 149.)

http://wmcloud.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0...priory-of.html
John Cage