Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient & Forbidden Knowledge / False History

Old 12-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #61
noncooperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstname_lastname View Post
I'm currently reading this book. It has completely opened my mind to so many things and much of it resonates true to me.

I would definitely recommend it. I honestly can't tell you how much it has affected me and changed the way I view our history and the current state of the world.
Some of Michael Tsarion's work (book and DVD's) covers a similar subject and he explains it very well.

I personally am very interested in this whole subject area.

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #62
believenothing
Banned

Gods of Eden is an excellent eye-opener book. It is an older book, but it is still relevant and it's great for starters going 'down the rabbit hole' so-to-speak. It's not without it's flaws, but it's still pretty good overall.

The part about plague doctors spreading plague by 'spraying' wheat and crops as an origin for the grim reaper figure was news to me as was much of the info about Saint Germain. As far as I can tell though, Bramley seems to be one of the only sources of info about the reaper thing. At least in the English language. I don't think he made it up so I wonder where he got it? Same with the brotherhood of the snake, except eventually I found out what it was

The brotherhood of the snake is the Thoth/Mercury/Hermes 'school' which was based in Khmun aka Hermopolis. There was also an affiliate 'school' near Antioch an southern Anatolia. The area from Antioch to Egypt (Canaan) seemed to have been influenced by it too. Probably has something to do with Druze beliefs and Samaritan/Jewish beliefs (Moses is also similar to Hermes in some aspects). And contrary to popular belief, I see no correlation between Thoth (sometimes pronounced Jehuti, note that in Semitic languages Jews are called Yehudi) and Akhenaten's Aten monotheism.

Last edited by believenothing; 12-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.
believenothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #63
arcyclus

Quote:
Originally Posted by believenothing View Post
Gods of Eden is an excellent eye-opener book. It is an older book, but it is still relevant and it's great for starters going 'down the rabbit hole' so-to-speak. It's not without it's flaws, but it's still pretty good overall.

The part about plague doctors spreading plague by 'spraying' wheat and crops as an origin for the grim reaper figure was news to me as was much of the info about Saint Germain. As far as I can tell though, Bramley seems to be one of the only sources of info about the reaper thing. At least in the English language. I don't think he made it up so I wonder where he got it? Same with the brotherhood of the snake, except eventually I found out what it was

The brotherhood of the snake is the Thoth/Mercury/Hermes 'school' which was based in Khmun aka Hermopolis. There was also an affiliate 'school' near Antioch an southern Anatolia. The area from Antioch to Egypt (Canaan) seemed to have been influenced by it too. Probably has something to do with Druze beliefs and Samaritan/Jewish beliefs (Moses is also similar to Hermes in some aspects). And contrary to popular belief, I see no correlation between Thoth (sometimes pronounced Jehuti, note that in Semitic languages Jews are called Yehudi) and Akhenaten's Aten monotheism.
I agree completely.

The bit about the Grim Reaper was an eye opener, as was The brotherhood of the snake, as was the revelation of the Supreme Being, as was every chapter in the book. Very easy to read, very easy to understand.

The book holds nothing back!
arcyclus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #64
believenothing
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcyclus View Post
I agree completely.

The bit about the Grim Reaper was an eye opener, as was The brotherhood of the snake, as was the revelation of the Supreme Being, as was every chapter in the book. Very easy to read, very easy to understand.

The book holds nothing back!
Very easy read and a lot of information they never tell you in school

Plague doctors (or beak doctors) are pretty creepy

Plague doctor contracts have survived and apparently Nostradamus was some kind of a plague doctor. But none of these guys were the 'beak' variety of 'doctor' as far as I can tell. If these guys really were in wheat fields with those sticks, what were they doing if they weren't spreading plague?

The grim reaper thing isn't part of plague doctor 'lore', but after researching these beak doctors, I can't find anything that actually says these were actual plague doctors. They seems to check on people with plague and leave, not treat them. And that stuff about herbs inside of the beak, maybe that was true but maybe that's also just a myth same with the explanation for the stick. Why does his stick have wings and an hour glass on it? That's totally Hermes/Cronus symbolism right out of alchemy. And speaking of Hermes again, Thoth had the head of an Ibis and a long beak:

His Caduceus staff usually is depicted with entwined serpents and is usually topped by wings (the medical industry uses that as a logo). Bramley doesn't make the correlation in his book. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there or maybe it is a coincidence.
Old 13-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #65
arcyclus

Quote:

Plague doctor contracts have survived and apparently Nostradamus was some kind of a plague doctor. But none of these guys were the 'beak' variety of 'doctor' as far as I can tell. If these guys really were in wheat fields with those sticks, what were they doing if they weren't spreading plague?

The grim reaper thing isn't part of plague doctor 'lore', but after researching these beak doctors, I can't find anything that actually says these were actual plague doctors. They seems to check on people with plague and leave, not treat them. And that stuff about herbs inside of the beak, maybe that was true but maybe that's also just a myth same with the explanation for the stick. Why does his stick have wings and an hour glass on it? That's totally Hermes/Cronus symbolism right out of alchemy. And speaking of Hermes again, Thoth had the head of an Ibis and a long beak:

His Caduceus staff usually is depicted with entwined serpents and is usually topped by wings (the medical industry uses that as a logo). Bramley doesn't make the correlation in his book. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there or maybe it is a coincidence.
I love the way all your posts prompt the reader to think outside the box.

I always look forward to reading your posts.

Last edited by arcyclus; 13-11-2012 at 04:12 AM.
arcyclus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #66
rationalenquirer

Can anyone help me out here? A thought just popped into my head, and I don;t know if its original or it has resurfaced from something I read............but here goes.

The caduceus looks like a conducting rod, and the ankh looks like some kind of key in that picture. Is it possible that the ancient source of Egyptian priests power was that they knew how to make the "Giza power plant" work because the implements they carried were not religious symbols, but tools?

Anyone got any links to where I can research this further?
rationalenquirer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #67
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
We would normally shake our heads at this tragic period of human history and be thankful that modern medicine has developed cures for these dread diseases. However, troubling enigmas about the Black Death still linger. Many outbreaks occurred in summer during warm weather in uncrowded regions. Not all outbreaks of bubonic plague were preceded by rodent infestation; in fact, only a minority of cases seemed to be related to an increase in the presence of vermin. The greatest puzzle about the Black Death is how it was able to strike isolated human populations which had no contact with earlier infected areas. The epidemics also tended to end abruptly.

To solve these puzzles, an historian would normally look to records from the Plague years to see what people were reporting. When he does so, he encounters stories so stunning and unbelievable that he is likely to reject them as the fantasies and superstitions of badly frightened minds. A great many people throughout Europe and other Plague-stricken regions of the world were reporting that outbreaks of the Plague were caused by foul-smelling “mists.” Those mists frequently appeared after unusually bright lights in the sky. The historian quickly discovers that “mists” and bright lights were reported far more frequently and in many more locations than were rodent infestations. The Plague years were, in fact, a period of heavy UFO activity.

What; then, were the mysterious mists?

There is another very important way in which plague germs can be transmitted: through germ weapons. The United States and the Soviet Union today have stockpiles of biological weapons containing bubonic plague and other epidemic diseases. The germs are kept alive in canisters which spray the diseases into the air on thick, often visible, artificial mists. Anyone breathing in the mist will inhale the disease. There are enough such germ weapons today to wipe out a good portion of humanity. Reports of identical disease-inducing mists from the Plague years strongly suggest that the Black Death was caused by germ warfare. Let us take a look at the incredible reports which lead to that conclusion.

He jumps to unlikely conclusions. The miasma theory of cholera is a well known one, and can exist quite independently of UFO's.

I'd be wary and use a little discernment. It might be fun to believe his fantasy theories but there really is no evidence for one to do so.

truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #68
phfaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinameatsuit View Post
Who has read this book and what's your take on it? The Enki story, he seems to suggest that Enki is who the Satan story came from. He was a being who opposed his races own rules, and they demonized him for attempting to help homo-sapiens. They cast him out basically, dirtying his name and giving him nasty names. The Enki and Enlil stuff is what piques my interests. The bible seems to derive from stories that predate it that we haven't been told about it.
It is a good book filled with bits and pieces of the puzzle. But please don't take my word for it, read page 179.

I am phfaty and you are not.

http://pohnpeinanmadol.blogspot.com/
phfaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #69
phfaty

Quote:

The Caduceus staff was used in conjunction to the Ankh to open stargates that ripped your soul from your body, transmuted the soul into pure light and fired it towards other galaxies at the speed of light. The Ankh was the actual physical key that turned on the device. The Ankh was attached to the Caduceus staff to extend the Stargate operator's reach when inside the Chamber of Commerce. This is why they named these things Chambers of Commerce. The First Ever StarGate on this planet was built as a starport to transport grains, spice, soybeans, corn (maize), plastic buttons, and silk.

http://pohnpeinanmadol.blogspot.com/
phfaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #70
deuce mcallister

why plastic buttons?

haha
deuce mcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #71
believenothing
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
He jumps to unlikely conclusions. The miasma theory of cholera is a well known one, and can exist quite independently of UFO's.

I'd be wary and use a little discernment. It might be fun to believe his fantasy theories but there really is no evidence for one to do so.

Miasma theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's always fun to believe, but belief creates an irrational barrier of perceptions then your brain starts to filter everything (ignoring evidence) through confirmation bias. If somebody argues against your beliefs, it literally 'hurts' and those perceptions are hard to let go.

I think it's a good book that should be read with an open mind and none of the theories should be believed. They're interesting, they can be pondered for plausibility, but belief in the unknown can impair your reasoning and judgement. That goes for all theories, even mainstream scientific theories supported by consensus. Especially if there area politics involved. Just because a consensus support these theories, I don't get why we see internet skeptics trying to defend them as if they were facts. Often also using confirmation bias and ignoring evidence.

One thing this book made me realize is that UFOs could be terrestrial. UFOs are assumed to come from outer space and be driven by aliens ever since the 40s have conditioned to public to think that. But UFOs have been around forever and the 'pilots' could have been the 'gods' of old. They might even look like us. This is a crazy idea for most people to accept if they don't believe in UFOs, but I've seen UFOs. In public with others while totally sober. The locals are aware of them even. If they're military they are pretty advanced. Impossible fast speeds in and out of formation while not making sounds.

There is plenty of proof UFOs exist, just no proof aliens exist. And there is no proof UFOs caused plague but the book is still an interesting read. It isn't all theories. The stuff about fractional reserve banks is mostly true.

BTW - unrelated, but where did you get that drawing made by the dead girl of masons from your website? I tried to find it elsewhere and could not. Given the recent BBC thing, that stuff is very relevant.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #72
joeanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfaty View Post
The Caduceus staff was used in conjunction to the Ankh to open stargates that ripped your soul from your body, transmuted the soul into pure light and fired it towards other galaxies at the speed of light. The Ankh was the actual physical key that turned on the device. The Ankh was attached to the Caduceus staff to extend the Stargate operator's reach when inside the Chamber of Commerce. This is why they named these things Chambers of Commerce. The First Ever StarGate on this planet was built as a starport to transport grains, spice, soybeans, corn (maize), plastic buttons, and silk.
Were did you get this information from?
joeanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #73
believenothing
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeanderson View Post
Were did you get this information from?
They made it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcyclus View Post
I love the way all your posts prompt the reader to think outside the box.

I always look forward to reading your posts.
Thx. I try. When I'm not being an opinionated arse
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #74
omelette

Quote:
It's always fun to believe, but belief creates an irrational barrier of perceptions then your brain starts to filter everything (ignoring evidence) through confirmation bias. If somebody argues against your beliefs, it literally 'hurts' and those perceptions are hard to let go.
That is such an important statement.

I've done a lot of research over the last few years and come to conclusions which make sense to me based on the evidence. If presented with new evidence which could alter or even invalidate my research I'm always very aware that I need to remain rational and allow the evidence to lead me, not my emotions or ego.
omelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #75
ultimate_warlord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelette View Post
That is such an important statement.

I've done a lot of research over the last few years and come to conclusions which make sense to me based on the evidence. If presented with new evidence which could alter or even invalidate my research I'm always very aware that I need to remain rational and allow the evidence to lead me, not my emotions or ego.
I´m sick of the word "evidence". WTF is evidence?...You`re on this computer and you`re looking for something that`s already found you, because you could never have manufactured it in your garage.
Now that`s EVIDENCE !!!
ultimate_warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #76
omelette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_warlord View Post
I´m sick of the word "evidence". WTF is evidence?...You`re on this computer and you`re looking for something that`s already found you, because you could never have manufactured it in your garage.
Now that`s EVIDENCE !!!
What has already found me?
omelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #77
ultimate_warlord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelette View Post
What has already found me?

The mess you came into when you got born.
ultimate_warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #78
creeep82

Talking

good book mate
creeep82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #79
rizzy
Banned

seems a lot like Scientology.....
rizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #80
arcyclus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzy View Post
seems a lot like Scientology.....
It does, doesn't it? Especially the part on, "third party law" where he talks about there is always a hidden third party in every war and conflict.