Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 14-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
frankie2234

Default How many eggs do you eat a day?

hi, just wanted some opinions on this. ive been eating 6 boiled eggs per day for the last 3 weeks ( got a PT ) 2 eggs every 3 hours. is this ok? my digestion isn't the best i must admit since consuming this amount of eggs. should i be concerned? i have googled this obviously.. just wanted some reviews on people who eat this amount or more!
thanks.
frankie2234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 04:29 AM   #2
organicsfs
Inactive

Hi!.. I have friends who are eating 6 eggs a day. And we’re in our early 50s now and doing great (I’m good with 2 eggs a day though). If you do not have serious health issues, I guess it’s not much of a concern. It’s still best to practice moderation in everything. Get eggs from free range chicken if you can, they are healthier than those sold in supermarkets. Stay fit!
organicsfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
glacidtek

At the moment I'm eating between 2 and 4 depending on how many spare we have.

The only problems I'v had a few years ago was when I was eating 8 every day:
2x boiled with lunch
2x boiled after gym then another 4 raw in a smoothie.

I had a bout of severe digective problems during this time and spent almost a week of not getting a bowl movement.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203648

oh..... if the aggs are from comercial chickens, yuou are basicly consuming GM maize and soya.
glacidtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
oz93666

I think the main consideration is are the hens which produce the eggs HAPPY ?

Eggs are often seen as constipating , not containing any roughage . Consume with high fiber foods, like baked beans.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #5
the tealady
Forum Advisor

I used to have one or two per day but have shifted to nuts and seeds instead.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #6
amberleaf

I can never estimate how many eggs I will eat, some weeks more than others.

I would think 6 eggs per day over a prolonged period would make you constipated though. Especially if you are also eating "hidden" eggs, in sweets, sometimes in butter, sausages, fish fingers, indeed most convenience foods. E322 is the enumber for egg lecithin, you'd be surprised what it is in.

Moderation is the key I would think.
amberleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
cosmic tramp

It's the one food I can't eat because they make me puke. Don't know why. They just do.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
deadhawk

don't like 'em
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
bellahunter

2 organic every day.
bellahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2234 View Post
hi, just wanted some opinions on this. ive been eating 6 boiled eggs per day for the last 3 weeks ( got a PT ) 2 eggs every 3 hours. is this ok? my digestion isn't the best i must admit since consuming this amount of eggs. should i be concerned? i have googled this obviously.. just wanted some reviews on people who eat this amount or more!
thanks.
That's too many!
Old 15-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
nummi
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
That's too many!
No, that's not too many. Though since the eggs are boiled that is something that could begin causing problems eventually... (I don't eat eggs, I drink them. I mix the whites and yolks well. Tastes good raw, really good.)

But variation would be good, so best to include other animal products also.

------------------------------
If there's gut problems then eggs should be the go to food for protein (they, the yolks, contain lots of essential nutrients). Because they digest fast and easily and are rather nutritious.

I've eaten/drank as much as 9 eggs a day for a week at least, some days even up to 12 (most of the eggs I used in a simple homemade ice-cream). Did that much make me personally feel bad? Nope, in fact the opposite, because they digest fast.

But don't expect to get away with higher amounts of eggs for long, or any protein containing foods, if you don't do physical training... Higher protein consumption goes together with physical training, as obviously protein is the building material of muscle.

What you eat and how much must correspond your lifestyle. You change your lifestyle you change your diet.

How about instead of always going for indoctrination and brainwashing that's done to you/anyone you instead throw those aside completely, and concentrate on what those foods actually taste like and the effect they actually have on your body and you. If you are biased and preconditioned against omething and then you think, due to your preconditioning, that it is bad then your mind can actually make manifest negative reactions that aren't really caused by the food itself but by your biased mind.

Eggs are good, not bad. Can you eat too many? Sure, but you'd need to eat very many, far more than 6. Also, what other foods are you eating? This is important also as other foods effect a lot how something else tastes and feels (say you eat something that stands for what eggs can provide you, then the eggs won't even taste good anymore, because you don't need them). Etc.
nummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummi View Post
No, that's not too many. Though since the eggs are boiled that is something that could begin causing problems eventually... (I don't eat eggs, I drink them. I mix the whites and yolks well. Tastes good raw, really good.)

But variation would be good, so best to include other animal products also.

If there's gut problems then eggs should be the go to food for protein (they, the yolks, contain lots of essential nutrients). Because they digest fast and easily and are rather nutritious.

I've eaten/drank as much as 9 eggs a day for a week at least, some days even up to 12 (most of the eggs I used in a simple homemade ice-cream). Did that much make me personally feel bad? Nope, in fact the opposite, because they digest fast.

But don't expect to get away with higher amounts of eggs for long, or any protein containing foods, if you don't do physical training... Higher protein consumption goes together with physical training, as obviously protein is the building material of muscle.

What you eat and how much must correspond your lifestyle. You change your lifestyle you change your diet.

How about instead of always going for indoctrination and brainwashing that's done to you/anyone you instead throw those aside completely, and concentrate on what those foods actually taste like and the effect they actually have on your body and you. If you are biased and preconditioned against omething and then you think, due to your preconditioning, that it is bad then your mind can actually make manifest negative reactions that aren't really caused by the food itself but by your biased mind.

Eggs are good, not bad. Can you eat too many? Sure, but you'd need to eat very many, far more than 6. Also, what other foods are you eating? This is important also as other foods effect a lot how something else tastes and feels (say you eat something that stands for what eggs can provide you, then the eggs won't even taste good anymore, because you don't need them). Etc.

.......but eggs contain cholesterol! Good luck to your arteries!

Last edited by maxine; 15-08-2014 at 08:03 PM.
maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
andy1033

none
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #14
dystopian_future

None. I don't like them and never have.
Old 15-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
nummi
Inactive

Quote:
You have to be joking...

Low cholesterol is a contributor to cardiovascular problems.

I've eaten raw animal fat, about 150 grams on average, for nearly a year. Talk about cholesterol and cardiovascular issues... I had cardiovascular issues prior to starting eating like this and now those issues are gone. So there's the "cholesterol is bad for you". It's not bad for you, it's absolutely essential for your heart and related health.

That cholesterol is bad is absolute nonsense and that you actually believe it... on a site that's supposed to be about truth? Wake the fuck up. This is just ridiculous.

Last edited by nummi; 15-08-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 15-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #16
ian2day
Inactive

There's two different types of cholesterol. HDL and LDL. HDL is the good stuff.
ian2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #17
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
There is no problem with eating cholesterol.

Your body produces far more cholesterol than you take in from food. Cholesterol is needed for the proper functioning of your brain among numerous other functions. People over 40 with the highest cholesterol levels live the longest. The only reason cholesterol gets in your arteries is to fix problems in your arteries.
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:46 AM   #18
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian2day View Post
It's a little more complicated than that, but there is no such thing as bad cholesterol:

"We have got cholesterol completely wrong

Here are six things that we need to know about cholesterol:

i) It is virtually impossible to explain how vital cholesterol is to the human body. If you had no cholesterol in your body you would be dead. No cells, no bone structure, no muscles, no hormones, no sex, no reproductive system, no digestion, no brain function, no memory, no nerve endings, no movement, no human life – nothing without cholesterol. It is utterly vital and we die instantly without it.

ii) Cholesterol is so vital to the body that our bodies make it. The body cannot risk leaving it to chance that we would get it externally from food or some other external factor – that’s how critical it is.

iii) There is no such thing as good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. Cholesterol is cholesterol. The chemical formula for cholesterol is C27H46O. There is no good version or bad version of this formula.HDL is not even cholesterol, let alone good. LDL is not even cholesterol, let alone bad. HDL stands for High Density Lipoprotein. LDL stands for Low Density Lipoprotein. (There are three other lipoproteins, by the way, chylomicrons, VLDL and IDL).

Fat and cholesterol are not water soluble so they need to be carried around the body in something to do their vital work. The carriers of such substances are called lipoproteins. We can think of lipoproteins as tiny ‘taxi cabs’ travelling round the blood stream acting as transporters. So, lipoproteins are carriers of cholesterol – oh – and triglyceride and phospholipids and protein. All lipoproteins carry all of these substances – just in different proportions. LDL would more accurately be called the carrier of fresh cholesterol and HDL would more accurately be called the carrier of recycled cholesterol.

iv) The standard blood cholesterol test does not measure LDL – it estimates it. The fasting blood cholesterol test can only measure total cholesterol and HDL. There are two other unknowns in a four variable equation – LDL and VLDL. The estimation is refined further using the Friedewald equation (named after William Friedewald, who developed it).

Total cholesterol = LDL + HDL + Triglycerides/5 (Ref 1) (More detail here.)

As any mathematician will tell you, one equation, with four variables, only two of which can be measured, is a fat lot of good. We need at least one more equation or known variable, to avoid circular references. This also means that:
- All other things being equal, LDL will rise if a) total cholesterol rises and/or b) if HDL falls and/or if c) triglycerides fall.
- All other things being equal, LDL will fall if a) total cholesterol falls and/or b) if HDL rises and/or if c) triglycerides rise.

No wonder an inverse association is observed between LDL and HDL – it is by definition. More surprising is that a fall in triglycerides, which would be welcomed by doctors, would be accompanied by an automatic increase in LDL, all other things being equal, which would not be welcomed by doctors. And you thought that this was scientific.

v) Statins stop the body from producing the cholesterol that it is designed to produce. They literally stop one of our fundamental body processes from being able to function. The intelligent view on statins is that in the very limited arena where they appear to have some ‘benefit’ (men over 50 who have already had a heart attack), they ‘work’ by having anti-inflammatory properties and that the fact that they lower cholesterol (by stopping the body from being able to produce this vital substance) is a very unfortunate side effect. (Drug companies should work on developing something that has the anti-inflammatory benefit without this huge and damaging side effect – it’s called aspirin).

One in 500 people have familial hypercholesterolemia and may have a problem clearing cholesterol in their body (rather like type 1 diabetics who can’t return their blood glucose levels to normal). For anyone else to be actively trying to lower their vital and life affirming cholesterol levels is deeply troubling.

vi) “Cholesterol in food has no impact on cholesterol in the blood and we’ve known that all along.” Ancel Keys.

Ancel Keys, the same man who did the brilliant Minnesota starvation experiment, spent the 1950’s trying to show that cholesterol in food was associated with cholesterol in the blood. He concluded unequivocally that there was not even an association, let alone a causation. He never deviated from this view.

Cholesterol is only found in animal foods (it is a vital substance for every living creature). Hence the only foods that Keys could add to human diets, to test the impact of cholesterol, were animal foods. Given that he concluded that eating animal foods had no impact on blood cholesterol levels, it follows that animal foods per se have no impact on blood cholesterol levels (not that high cholesterol is a problem – quite the contrary – but that’s another story).

There is no need, whatsoever, to avoid liver, red meat, other meat, fish, eggs, dairy products etc for any cholesterol that they may contain, or for any other reason.

The body makes cholesterol. I worry about a number of things, but I don’t worry that my body is trying to kill me."

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/the-knowl...pletely-wrong/
Old 16-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #19
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2234 View Post
thanks.
If you have no noticeable problems associated with eating eggs, then eat as many as you want. Eggs are one of the healthiest and most complete foods on the planet.
Old 16-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #20
nummi
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian2day View Post
And the bad stuff you get from cooked foods. I don't eat cooked foods.