Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke's books

Old 13-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #21
thetruthcollector
Banned

Hmmm...I would say 'and the truth shall set you free' ...but i see everyone recommending the biggest secret and i haven't read that one yet, sounds like it's worth the read!
thetruthcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
e7304
Inactive

'The truth shall set you free' is great but something about the 'biggest secret' hit a nerve. Hard to describe.
e7304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
three_d
Banned

The story behind Princess Diana's assassination is going to strike a raw nerve among many UK readers, for obvious reasons.

The truth shall set you free is a great book. It's the first of his major historical analyses. His earlier works focused more on philosophical, metaphysical and theoretical issues, but 'the truth...' is where David really starts to excavate and critique the historical record seriously.

Each of his proceeding works has offered significantly more historical detail and specificity, and his most recent works, 'human race' and 'remember' continue in that vein almost to the point of information overload (in a good sense).

I personally began with 'matrix,' but there isn't a 'wrong' place to start, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e7304 View Post
'The truth shall set you free' is great but something about the 'biggest secret' hit a nerve. Hard to describe.
three_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #24
e7304
Inactive

The truth shall set you free was my first Icke book. It blew me away. I remember being at work with it hidden under my files as I could not put it down and I would read it as if I was reading my files. It is a great book and made me view our history with a different eye. I would recommend it to anyone who feels something isn't quite right with our world.

Last edited by e7304; 14-03-2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling
e7304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #25
cmdr_sabbathius

I like Children of the Matrix better than The Biggest Secret because it is organised better and, therefore, an easier read. The Biggest Secret has more information, though. It just isn't organised as well.

These are the only two David Icke books I have read and I own both of them. I bought them at Hastings Bookstore in Joplin, Missouri in 2004. I believe that Hastings has since gone under. Nothing to do with the tornado that I know of. (Hastings wasn't hit.) I think the whole chain has gone under.

I want to read some of David's newer stuff like to do with the Moon Matrix and whatnot, but I haven't yet.
cmdr_sabbathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #26
dign4it

I would say the ONE book would be one every payday.
dign4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
riseaquarius

Here's a question:

If I've only watched Dave's YouTube videos, what am I missing out on by never having read any of his books?

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
gripit

'The Biggest Secret'.
gripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #29
getagrip
Inactive

I have a book called, 'Heal the world' am I right in thinking this was the one that David wasn't happy with ?
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #30
saty

Lion sleeps no more or children of matrix.
Old 26-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #31

I still love this one.....

Old 26-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
Here's a question:

If I've only watched Dave's YouTube videos, what am I missing out on by never having read any of his books?
All the nice pictures... plus you can read the books while laying in bed
Old 26-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #33
jp13

Smile The Yellow One

The Yellow one! It is called Tales from the Time Loop, it was the 1st one I read, and it had a lot of relevant info in it, got me hooked.
I started reading it thinking it would be a lot of stupid ideas, but David's easy and informative writing style soon had me checking things out on the internet and led to here etc.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer

Last edited by jp13; 26-04-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: correction of the book name
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #34
pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
Here's a question:

Quite a bit. In the books, Icke goes into much greater detail on many of the subjects that he only briefly touches upon in his interviews and talks. That, and the fact that in the books theres quite a bit of in depth info that I've never seen Icke mention anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211200
All the nice pictures... plus you can read the books while laying in bed
+1

Last edited by pound; 27-04-2013 at 05:54 AM.
pound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #35
hangthedj
Banned

My post has gone from this thread (been deleted I think).

It was honestly just a little bit of fun, with no bad intentions whatsoever.

If anyone took it as anything other than that and was offended then I apologise

I haven't read David's books yet but am very interested so this is a good thread for me too. Cheers!

Last edited by hangthedj; 27-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.
hangthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #36
girish

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdr_sabbathius View Post
I like Children of the Matrix better than The Biggest Secret because it is organised better and, therefore, an easier read. The Biggest Secret has more information, though. It just isn't organised as well.

These are the only two David Icke books I have read and I own both of them. I bought them at Hastings Bookstore in Joplin, Missouri in 2004. I believe that Hastings has since gone under. Nothing to do with the tornado that I know of. (Hastings wasn't hit.) I think the whole chain has gone under.

I want to read some of David's newer stuff like to do with the Moon Matrix and whatnot, but I haven't yet.
We are in agreement here. The Biggest Secret does have more information and can be difficult to read for a first timer. The Moon Matrix has some shades of a conspiracy theory but has good content. It would be easier to understand the concepts, if one has read the Biggest Secret earlier.

Wanna know more about the 'Children of the Matrix' though. Sorry to hear about the bookstore.

Cheers!
girish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #37
bacsy

Remember Who You Are - most up to date info and written more concisely than his other books. That alongside Truth Vibrations shows the progression of his understanding and that it's definitely leading somewhere.
bacsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #38
trance2988

So far I've read The Biggest Secret and The Children of The Matrix and I just started Remember Who You Are today. Out of the ones I've finished I liked the Biggest Secret the best. Matrix was more organized and an easier read but I liked the amount of information in the Biggest Secret and something about it really hit home for me. It was the first one I read however, so it's kindof what led me in to all of this.

Really any of them are a good place to start, if you want the most recent stuff get the most recent book. The others will be referenced enough that if anything really peeks your interest, you'll know which book has the info in greater detail.
trance2988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #39
multiversal_quiver

Thank you for your selections.
Old 22-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #40
babs123

I was following this thread and clicked on the book list. When I click on The Biggest Secret which I am interested in reading, there are two embedded links which lead me to a website of David Dicke???? I am very confused here.
babs123 is offline   Reply With Quote