Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 04-02-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
surfsteve

Default Accidentaly discovered something about iodine, baking soda & peroxide

For a while now I been using iodine, baking soda and salt in my water pick to clean my teeth. Just a few minutes ago I accidentally squirted in some hydrogen peroxide instead of iodine. Instantly realizing this I then grabbed the iodine which was sitting right next to it and gave it a squirt. Almost instantly the iodine turned clear. I added some more and it too turned clear.

Wondering what happened I decided to experiment. Turns out that the salt had nothing to do with it.

When you add baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to water and squirt in brown iodine, the iodine instantly turns clear. My finger tips also smell like bleach!

Very strange. I think I'll google it and see what I can find!

At the very least now I know an easy way to get rid of the brown stains from iodine! Got a feeling it wasn't too good for brushing my teeth though!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
surfsteve

Couldn't find anything specifically about baking soda, peroxide and iodine but this video was interesting.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
mannybash

Hydrogen peroxide is an oxidising agent so probably what has happened is the iodine has been oxidised to something causing it to decolourise. Do not experiment with chemicals without knowing what you are doing. All chemicals MUST be treated with caution!
mannybash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #4
surfsteve

Peroxide does nothing to iodine and it remains brown.

Baking soda also does nothing to iodine and it remains brown.

All 3 must be mixed together in order to turn the iodine clear so it must be more than a mere oxidizing from the peroxide.

Perhaps the baking soda changes the PH allowing the oxidizing to take place.

I don't know.

If that were the case I wonder if adding vinegar would turn the iodine brown again. Think maybe?
Old 05-02-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
surfsteve

I tried adding just one drop of peroxide to the iodine and baking soda mixture (also had salt due to mixing it in as my tooth preparation) but I accidentally added around 4 or 5 drops and it instantly turned clear.

Next I tried adding cider vinegar (didn't have any clear vinegar) to change the PH and it began to fizz. It turned light brown due to the cider vinegar but no matter how much vinegar I added I couldn't get it any darker than from the vinegar it's self.

Someone with clear vinegar might want to repeat the experiment.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:44 PM   #6
surfsteve

Forgot I had some cleaning vinegar in my cleaning supplies.

I tried adding 1 drop of peroxide to some baking soda and then added vinegar till it stopped fizzing. Kept adding iodine a drop at a time at first and then a bunch but at first it kept turning clear. Finally I added enough to turn it brown. Then I kept adding peroxide to it but no matter how much I added it stayed brown.

Next I added more vinegar but no matter how much it remained brown. Added some water. Didn't seem to affect it. Then I started adding baking soda. It took a huge amount to get it to turn clear. The foam was still brown for a while but it too soon turned clear.

Also noted a bleach like smell to it.

Strange!