Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 29-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #161
iamawaveofthesea

With teen mental health deteriorating over five years, there’s a likely culprit
November 14, 2017 2.36pm GMT

Around 2012, something started going wrong in the lives of teens.

In just the five years between 2010 and 2015, the number of U.S. teens who felt useless and joyless – classic symptoms of depression – surged 33 percent in large national surveys. Teen suicide attempts increased 23 percent. Even more troubling, the number of 13- to 18-year-olds who committed suicide jumped 31 percent.

In a new paper published in Clinical Psychological Science, my colleagues and I found that the increases in depression, suicide attempts and suicide appeared among teens from every background – more privileged and less privileged, across all races and ethnicities and in every region of the country. All told, our analysis found that the generation of teens I call “iGen” – those born after 1995 – is much more likely to experience mental health issues than their millennial predecessors.

What happened so that so many more teens, in such a short period of time, would feel depressed, attempt suicide and commit suicide? After scouring several large surveys of teens for clues, I found that all of the possibilities traced back to a major change in teens’ lives: the sudden ascendance of the smartphone.

All signs point to the screen
read on here https://theconversation.com/with-tee...-culprit-86996
Old 16-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #162
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
Then there are other implications for women of the struggles of men. when men are productive members of society they can be a hugely positive force for good in society but when they have no stake in society they can become a destructive influence and can be involved in crimes like rape, theft, murder etc. The lesson then is to ensure men are healthy and that then has a positive feedback loop for society.

Mothers who have boys will have to watch their sons struggle in this new soicety
is society failing young men?

'A Kind of Class War': Tucker Slams Left's Calls for Gun Control

Old 16-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #163
mannybash

I have long felt there was something wrong about the way men and boys have been treated and the way they are portrayed. When I was at school in the '70's only two out of seven classes in our year were allowed to do o'level in our bots school. The girls school down the road only did o'level nothing else. Does that not tell you something? Men have a greater capacity to develop ideas than women. This is why for the most part boundaries are pushed by men not women. Women are far better at teaching and nutting than men. This is not an attempt to keep women in the kitchen it is simply a statement of fact. Nowadays boys are not even encouraged to learn and to progress. This seems remarkably illogical. There is clearly some force at work which wishes to stop western men from developing their full potential. Interestingly these situations seem to have occurred when there have been two long reigning female monarchs. So much has been said that women don't have rights. You only have to watch you tube channels like girl writes what by karen straughan, Diana davison and Janice fiamengo among others to see that this perverse notion of female subjugation is simply a lie. Their treatment of the overall situation is excellent and I commend them for it. Women so often want men to be tough yet also to deprive them of the very means to do so. It is as if someone is intentionally making things confusing to make things that much harder for men
mannybash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #164
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannybash View Post
Nowadays boys are not even encouraged to learn and to progress. This seems remarkably illogical. There is clearly some force at work which wishes to stop western men from developing their full potential.
That IS the logic behind it: there ARE people who DON'T want men reaching their full potential

Those same people are working to make society fail in any way they can conceive of and the cracks are beginning to appear all over the place

Its cultural marxism......the destruction of a society through a death by a thousand cuts

the suppression of men is just one of the thousand cuts
Old 18-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #165
mannybash

Women never know what to do with freedom. When they get it they just moan some more. It's an in built thing that makes them want to complain about something. They are at their best when a man is doing the proving. Of course a responsible man. The other issue is this they say that they can do a job as well as a man. What they actually mean us that they can do a job. Even so this does NOT mean doing it as well as a man because a man who is good at what he does will usually do more than what is required he needs to make his mark. Just today I learned that men are no longer hiring women for work because of all the complaints women are making. Yet further evidence that the women's movement is counter productive
Old 20-02-2018, 05:53 PM   #166
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Just today I learned that men are no longer hiring women for work because of all the complaints women are making. Yet further evidence that the women's movement is counter productive
it's too risky to be around women these days

maybe women should have their own businesses and men should have their own

maybe the muslims have the right idea in dividing society up

then women will have nothing to complain about...
Old 20-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #167
iamawaveofthesea

UK millennials suffer worst falls in earnings of any advanced economy apart from Greece, report reveals
Average real hourly earnings for under-30s in Britain fell 13 per cent between 2007 and 2014, according to the Resolution Foundation

Ben Chu Economics Editor
@Benchu_
a day ago

UK millennials have suffered the second-worst falls in their earnings of any of the dozen advanced economies surveyed by a think tank over the past decade.

In a new report, the Resolution Foundation calculates that average real hourly earnings for under-30s in Britain fell 13 per cent between 2007 and 2014.

Only Greece, where real earnings slumped by 25 per cent over the same period as the eurozone country plunged into depression, saw a worst performance for this age group among the dozen advanced economies Resolution analysed in the latest research from its Intergenerational Commission.

British millennials experienced bigger earnings falls than other crisis-hit southern eurozone states such as Portugal and Italy, where they fell 12 per cent and 6 per cent respectively.

Average earnings for Spanish millennials fell by only around 2 per cent.

Resolution also found that the gap between the pay performance of UK millennials and workers aged between 50 and 59 was particularly pronounced, with older UK workers seeing their pay fall by around half the extent of the younger group.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a8217676.html
Old 21-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #168
iamawaveofthesea

The use of social media to crush the spirit of the young...

MPs launch probe into the effect Facebook and other social networks are having on children in Britain amid health concerns

MPs have opened a formal probe into the effect Facebook is having on children
Science and technology committee will now take evidence from youngsters
Chairman Norman Lamb said it was 'vital' the government understood impact

By Katherine Rushton Media And Technology Editor For The Daily Mail
Published: 00:58, 21 February 2018 | Updated: 09:33, 21 February 2018
MPs have today opened a formal probe into the effect that Facebook and other social networks are having on children, amid growing evidence that they are damaging users’ health.

The powerful science and technology committee will take evidence from youngsters themselves, as it tries to establish the scale of the problem and what controls need to be put in place.

Chairman Norman Lamb said: ‘Social media and smartphones are increasingly being used by children and young people. It is vital that we understand the impact this is having on them - the benefits as well as the risks.

‘We want to determine the scale of the issues - separating out the understandable concerns from the hard evidence, and to identify what practical measures people are already taking to boost the benefits and blunt the potential harms.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz57lvxvMgL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 01-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #169
iamawaveofthesea

Wow this article looks at how the legal system is changing to be softer on women and transgender people who they are say are particularly 'apprehensive' about prison

So you don't think men would be 'apprehensive' about prison? You don't think that male prisoners are more at risk of violence and rape then female prisoners?

Where's all this 'equality' we hear so much about?

Guilty of PC waffle! Top judge tells colleagues to not say 'postman', 'lady' or 'immigrant' in court because it might upset defendants and witnesses
New guidance states real equality means favouring women and minorities
Judges banned from using ‘ethnic minority’; ‘afro-Caribbean’ and ‘transsexual’
Rules recommend courts hold off sending women to prison as it is 'more damaging'
By Steve Doughty for the Daily Mail
Published: 23:22, 28 February 2018 | Updated: 23:37, 28 February 2018

Judges have been told what they can and cannot say in an effort to make all those who come before their courts feel they have been treated fairly.
They have been banned from using phrases and words including ‘ethnic minority’; ‘afro-Caribbean’ and ‘transsexual’ – while a postman should become a ‘postal operative’.
The new guidance for judges and magistrates says real equality means favouring women and minorities to make up for the disadvantage they suffer.
Part of this equality drive includes a fresh list of terms and expressions that judges should no longer use.
The extensive instructions on language in court insist that ‘using acceptable terminology avoids offending the relevant party or witness and gives confidence that they will receive a fair hearing’.
The rules also recommend that courts should be slow to send women to prison because jail terms are more damaging to them than men.
Transgender criminals, the guidance adds, are ‘highly apprehensive’ about prison. Courts should be taken into private session, or publicity about a trial restricted, if the evidence is likely to expose the fact that someone has changed sex.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz58VJ3UE4L
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 01-03-2018 at 12:33 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #170
iamawaveofthesea

The Drugging of the American Boy

By the time they reach high school, nearly 20 percent of all American boys will be diagnosed with ADHD. Millions of those boys will be prescribed a powerful stimulant to "normalize" them. A great many of those boys will suffer serious side effects from those drugs. The shocking truth is that many of those diagnoses are wrong, and that most of those boys are being drugged for no good reason—simply for being boys. It's time we recognize this as a crisis.

By Ryan D'Agostino
Mar 27, 2014

If you have a son, you have a one-in-seven chance that he has been diagnosed with ADHD. If you have a son who has been diagnosed, it's more than likely that he has been prescribed a stimulant—the most famous brand names are Ritalin and Adderall; newer ones include Vyvanse and Concerta—to deal with the symptoms of that psychiatric condition.

The Drug Enforcement Administration classifies stimulants as Schedule II drugs, defined as having a "high potential for abuse" and "with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence." (According to a University of Michigan study, Adderall is the most abused brand-name drug among high school seniors.) In addition to stimulants like Ritalin, Adderall, Vyvanse, and Concerta, Schedule II drugs include cocaine, methamphetamine, Demerol, and OxyContin.

According to manufacturers of ADHD stimulants, they are associated with sudden death in children who have heart problems, whether those heart problems have been previously detected or not. They can bring on a bipolar condition in a child who didn't exhibit any symptoms of such a disorder before taking stimulants. They are associated with "new or worse aggressive behavior or hostility." They can cause "new psychotic symptoms (such as hearing voices and believing things that are not true) or new manic symptoms." They commonly cause noticeable weight loss and trouble sleeping. In some children, some stimulants can cause the paranoid feeling that bugs are crawling on them. Facial tics. They can cause children's eyes to glaze over, their spirits to dampen. One study reported fears of being harmed by other children and thoughts of suicide.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ican-boy-0414/
Old 05-03-2018, 10:47 AM   #171
iamawaveofthesea

Sex in the modern world: Can even a 'yes, yes, yes' actually mean 'no?'
Slavoj Žižek is a cultural philosopher. He’s a senior researcher at the Institute for Sociology and Philosophy at the University of Ljubljana, Global Distinguished Professor of German at New York University, and international director of the Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities of the University of London.
Published time: 4 Mar, 2018 21:37

When commentators analyze the new wave of women's struggles, one of their conclusions is that "no means no" is not enough to lead to a "happy sex life." This is because it still leaves space for more subtle forms of coercion.

Recently, in The Guardian, we saw an exemplary case of this line of argument: "Badgering someone into queasy submission might technically be within the law, but it is not the road to a happy sex life and it may no longer protect a man from public censure," wrote journalist Gaby Hinsliff. She was covering the views of Erin Tillman, an American ‘dating coach’ who believes the potentially ambiguous absence of "no," but the enthusiastic presence of a "yes, yes, yes" or affirmative consent is what is required nowadays.

"In 2018, 'no means no' is totally antiquated. It puts all the pressure on the person in the most vulnerable position, that if someone doesn't have the capacity or the confidence to speak up, then they're going to be violated," Tillman has said. "If somebody isn't an enthusiastic yes, if they're hesitating, if they're like: 'Uh, I don't know' – at this point in time, that equals no."
Modern phrases

One cannot but agree with all the critical points in this passage: How a weak "yes" under pressure equals "no," etc. What is problematic is the demand for "the enthusiastic presence of a 'yes, yes, yes.'” Because it's easy to imagine what a humiliating position this condition can put a woman into who, to put it bluntly (and why not?), passionately wants to get laid by a man. Basically, she has to perform an equivalent of publicly stating "Please f*** me!"

Are there not much more subtle (but nonetheless unambiguously clear) ways to do this? Furthermore, if one looks for "the road to a happy sex life," one searches for it in vain for the simple reason that there is no such thing.

Circumstances always, for inherent reasons, go wrong in some way in sex, and the only chance of a relatively "happy sex life" is to find a way to make these failures work against themselves. Directly searching for "the road to a happy sex life" is the safest way to ruin things, and the imagined scene of both partners enthusiastically shouting "yes, yes, yes" is, in real life, as close as one can get to Hell.

Things get even more complex with the right to withdraw from sexual interaction at any moment – it’s rarely mentioned how this right opens up new modes of violence. What if the woman, after seeing her partner naked with an erect penis, begins to mock him and tells him to leave? What if the man does the same to her? Can you imagine a more humiliating situation?

Clearly, one can find an appropriate way to resolve such impasses only through manners and sensitivity, which by definition cannot be legislated for. If a person wants to prevent violence and brutality by adding new clauses to the contract, they lose a central feature of sexual interplay, which is precisely a delicate balance between what is said and what is not said. Sexual interplay is full of such exceptions, where a silent understanding and tact offer the only way to proceed when folk want things done but not explicitly spoken about, when extreme emotional brutality can be enacted in the guise of politeness, and when moderate violence itself can get sexualized.
Oval Office orgasms

If we go to the end on this path, we have to conclude that even an enthusiastic "yes, yes, yes" can effectively function as a mask of violence and domination. Monica Lewinsky recently said that "she stands by her 2014 comments that their relationship (with Bill Clinton) was consensual,” but muses about the "vast power differentials" that existed between the two. Lewinsky says she had "limited understanding of the consequences" at the time, and regrets the affair daily. "The dictionary definition of ‘consent?’ To give permission for something to happen," she wrote. "And yet what did the 'something' mean in this instance, given the power dynamics, his position, and my age?.... he was my boss. He was the most powerful man on the planet. He was 27 years my senior, with enough life experience to know better," she said.

This is true, but she did not just consent, she directly initiated sexual contact, and it was Clinton who "consented," and the "vast power differential" was probably a key part of his attraction for her. As for her claim that since he was an older experienced man, he should have "known better" and rejected her advances, is there not something hypocritical in this self-ascribed role of an inexperienced victim?

Do we not find ourselves here at the exact, almost symmetrical, opposite of the Muslim fundamentalist view, according to which a man who raped a woman was secretly seduced (read provoked) by her into doing it? Such a reading of male rape as the result of woman's provocation is often reported by the media. For instance, in the fall of 2006, Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali, Australia's most senior Muslim cleric, caused a scandal when, after a group of Muslim men had been jailed for gang rape, he said: "If you take uncovered meat and place it outside on the street…. and the cats come and eat it… whose fault is it – the cats' or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem."

The explosively scandalous nature of this comparison between a woman who is not veiled and raw, uncovered meat distracted attention from another, much more surprising premise underlying al-Hilali's argument: If women are held responsible for the sexual conduct of men, does this not imply that men are totally helpless when faced with what they perceive as a sexual provocation? They are simply unable to resist it, being totally enslaved to their sexual hunger, precisely like a cat when it sees raw meat?

In contrast to this presumption of a complete lack of male responsibility for their own sexual conduct, the emphasis on public female eroticism in the West relies on the premise that men are capable of sexual restraint, that they are not blind slaves of their sexual drives.

This total responsibility of the woman for the sexual act strangely mirrors the Lewinsky view that, although the initiative was fully on her side, the responsibility was fully on Clinton's. In the same way that, in the Muslim fundamentalist view, men are helpless victims of woman's perfidious seduction, even if they commit a brutal rape. In the Lewinsky case, she was a victim even if she provocatively initiated the affair.

The symmetry between the two cases is flawed, of course, since in both the men are in the actual position of social power and domination. However, playing the card of a helpless victim in such a case as Lewinsky's is a self-humiliating spectacle which in no way helps women's emancipation – it merely confirms man as the master.

The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RT.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/420444-sex-...-world-yes-no/
Old 05-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #172
mannybash

A crime is a crime. It is not whether it is more damaging to women but about what damage they have done to a victim!!!!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #173
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
A crime is a crime. It is not whether it is more damaging to women but about what damage they have done to a victim!!!!
What zizek is saying in that article is that on one hand we have the muslim approach of that imam which is to put all the responsibility on women and to believe that men have no control, over their impulses and therefore have no responsbility while on the other side we have radical marxist feminists saying that ALL the responsibility is on the part of the man and that men should receive a spoken or even written consent before initiating anything beyond conversation and even with conversation it should not be anything sexual or suggestive as that can be construed as 'harassment'. Also they believe that women should be able to accuse men retrospectively of rape for example if they consent and have sex but regret it after then they can call that 'rape'

I suggest that both these views are EXTREMIST and that in between lies a happy medium where both men AND women take responsiblity for their words and actions before, during and after any sort of interactions

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 05-03-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #174
iamawaveofthesea

So the marxist feminist twitterati have got the knives out for anthony joshua recently. What heinous crime did young anthony commit? he said that he wanted his neice to learn family morals so that she could be a wife and mum someday!

Wow...what a terrible thing to wish on your neice huh...that she might one day have a nice family life and be a stable and positive force on your family!

I think where he may have slipped up though is by saying that he treats his son differently in that he expects him to sow his wild oats a bit before settling down; this does all touch on one of the problems of our age which is RESPONSIBLITY. I guess in an ideal world anthony might have reinforced the need for his son to be responsible too one day but in his hopes for his neice then what has he done wrong?

If women are not being family makers and wives then what happens to society? I'm not saying they shouldn't pursue other things in their life but the reality is that the responsbility for birthing children and then nourishing them biologically falls on women. Perhaps the question is: ''why is this seen as such a negative thing in todays society?''

Women are and have always been the glue that binds families and society together. If women are wondering what their real power is then maybe they should realise that they are the lynchpin in this whole enterprise we call 'society' or 'community'. And while i'm at it these twitterrati, thought police, harridans who seem so desperate to pick apart the seams of society accused anthony of 'toxic masculinity' for his comments but maybe its time we started creating a dialogue around toxic femininity and exploring that?

How about a little praise for a young guy who's law abiding and cares about his family?

Anthony Joshua faces criticism for 'sexist' comments about neice

Sabrina Barr
@fabsab5
2 days ago

Anthony Joshua has been criticised on social media for “sexist” comments made about his niece in an interview that has resurfaced online.

In the GQ piece from March 2017, the champion boxer said he was stricter with his niece than his son because she had to learn "family morals" and would one day grow up to "be someone's wife".

“I don’t think I’m that strict with Joseph, I don’t know why. But with my niece I’m strict,” he said.

“He’s going to be a man’s man, he’ll want to spread his wings be a Jack-the-lad, build his character.

“But with my niece, there is none of that Jack-the-lad nonsense for her!

“My view is you have to be a good woman, respectful, one day you will be someone’s wife, you have to learn family morals … what it is to be a good woman.”

How Anthony Joshua can look at his niece, not as a child but as someone who is going to be a "wife" is really bemusing. Girls are hardly ever allowed to be. This isn't just about him, it's about everyone who shares this shitty, reductive view of little girls.
— T. Rankïn' ? (@AfroVII) March 2, 2018

Anthony Joshua letting us know his son is allowed to ‘build character’ whilst his niece must prepare to ‘be a wife’ Forget all the potential imbedded in her, forget her hopes and dreams because that’s all she must prepare for in life apparently??
— TheFishTankUK (@TheFishTankUK) March 2, 2018

Lol. Did Anthony Joshua asnwer amiss?

His answers concerning his son and his niece are seen to be sexist and misogynistic, showing toxic masculinity.
— Hi! I'm olúwadémiládéògoayò (@Harieson) March 2, 2018

Social media users were quick to express their disapproval. “How Anthony Joshua can look at his niece, not as a child but as someone who is going to be a ‘wife’ is really bemusing,” one person wrote.

“Anthony Joshua letting us know his son is allowed to ‘build character’ whilst his niece must prepare to ‘be a wife’,” another tweeted.

One user described Joshua’s words as “sexist and misogynistic”, displaying clear signs of “toxic masculinity”.

The dialogue that's occurring shouldn't be about Anthony Joshua as a person. Nobody knows him. No one can judge him. The dialogue should be about where this thinking stems from in the first place and the consequences of this thinking on boys and girls in general.
read on here http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a8238006.html

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 05-03-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #175
iamawaveofthesea

It's 'Under Attack': Professor Says Men Taught There's Something Wrong With Masculinity
click on link below to see the video or read article here:

In the first installment of a weekly series on Men In America, Tucker Carlson discussed the disparagement of masculinity with University of Toronto Professor Jordan Peterson.

Carlson said many middle-aged men know people who have committed suicide, and that younger women may seem more "on the ball" than young men.

He added that in the recent rash of mass shootings, all culprits were men.

"Something ominous is happening to men in America," he said, noting that leaders and politicians claim America must instead create more opportunity for women and girls.

Carlson said men are twice as likely to be alcoholics or addicts, along with several other troubling statistics.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/0...-male-failures
Old 08-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #176
iamawaveofthesea

The tucker carlson clip from page above is here, to see jordan peterson speak, click on the link in my previous post

Tucker: Something ominous is happening to men in America

Old 08-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #177
iamawaveofthesea

So with the male crisis that tucker carlson outlines in his clip in my previous post we are seeing men failing and also we are seeing people being put under new forms of pressure such as for example social media and also 'austerity' imposed by politicians who used public taxpayer money to bail out corrupt bankers instead of supporting the real economy of production and consumption

We are also seeing women as always automatically cast as the 'oppressed' and men as the 'oppressors' with what seems like an automatic assumption of guilt on the part of men in any breadown situation between men and women which then prevents an honest assessment of womens role in male/female relations and the dynamic between the sexes

It seems all the responsiblity is constantly foisted onto men and in that climate we will see more and more relationships and families fragment and i wonder how much of that breakdown of relations will be framed as 'domestic abuse' by men? If a man and a woman have an argument is that a two way argument or is that now 'domestic abuse' by the man?

Are men going to risk relations with women now in such a climate where anything they do can be twisted and used against them on the whims of women? If offered with a transhumanist alternative will desperate men take that option over natural relations with a woman?

Can women be held guilty of 'domestic abuse' and will men be able or willing to make such claims against their partners especially when they may worry that their partner will be the primary carer of their children after a breakup?

Domestic abusers could be electronically tagged in government crackdown
By Press Association
8 March 2018 • 4:00am

Domestic abusers could be banned from drinking alcohol and electronically tagged under a Government crackdown.

New civil orders will expand the potential restrictions courts and police can impose on criminals who torment partners, spouses and other family members.

Perpetrators could be required to attend parenting programmes or drug and alcohol treatment to reduce the risk of them carrying out further abuse.

For the first time courts will be given express powers to impose electronic monitoring as a condition of the proposed Domestic Abuse Protection Orders (DAPOs).

A Government consultation on the plans, to be published on Thursday, says tagging could be used as part of a perpetrator's compliance with conditions such as an exclusion zone, or a prohibition on drinking alcohol.

The measure would also enable the monitoring of the subject's location to establish behaviour patterns or provide evidence of someone's movements, which in turn could help prevent stalking or intimidation, according to the document.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ent-crackdown/
Old 29-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #178
iamawaveofthesea

The war on men and boys

Old 29-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #179
iamawaveofthesea

Legally change your gender to retire 5 years earlier
Government worker takes advantage of law allowing switch without evidence
By WND.com -
March 29, 2018, @9:19 am EDT

Convincing Sergio Lazarovich he’s the beneficiary of white-male privilege is going to be a tough sell.

So tough, he has legally changed his gender, reported the Daily Mail.

According to a relative identified as Enzo, reported Informate Salta, the 60-year-old Argentinian tax worker – now known as Sergia – didn’t make the change because of some long-simmering psychological turmoil about his identity, but instead switched so he could retire five years earlier, a move he has been contemplating for three years.

Argentina sets the retirement age at 60 for female state workers and 65 for males.
https://www.intellihub.com/legally-c...years-earlier/
Old 29-03-2018, 10:06 PM   #180
iamawaveofthesea

"Epidemic Of Fatherlessness" – Mike Rowe Reminds The World Of The Importance Of Dads
by Tyler Durden
Wed, 03/28/2018 - 17:05

Dirty Jobs’ Mike Rowe recently noted that he believes that many Americans are dissatisfied with their lives because they no longer appreciate the intrinsic value of work.

A couple years ago, when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were getting divorced, Jolie was quoted as saying, "It never even crossed my mind that my son would need a father."

I was struck by her comment, and I remember wondering how many other Americans might share her view. At the time, I didn’t think many. But today, I’m convinced the number is significant. I'm also amazed at how quickly fatherhood has fallen out of favor. Can you imagine a celebrity - or anyone for that matter - saying such a thing just twenty years ago?

This week’s episode of RTF is about a guy named Carlos who found an effective way to deprogram bullies. Please watch it. It's a great story about a great guy making a real difference around a serious issue. It occurred to me though, half way through filming, that bullying – like so many other social ills in today’s headlines – isn’t really a problem at all; it’s a symptom.

In my view, a symptom of a society that seems to value fatherhood less and less.

The facts seem pretty clear.

63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes – 5 times the average. (US Dept. Of Health/Census)

90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.

85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)

80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes – 14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)

71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)

43% of US children live without their father [US Department of Census]

Is it really so surprising to learn that a majority of bullies also come from fatherless homes? As do a majority of school shooters? As do a majority of older male shooters?

I know this is controversial, and I'm sorry to inject an uncomfortable element into a post about a "feel-good" show, but I think it’s important to consider the possibility that this thing we like to call “an epidemic of bullying,” is really an “epidemic of fatherlessness.” I also think it’s reasonable to conclude that our society is sending a message to men of all ages that is decidedly mixed.

Think about it. On the one hand, we’re telling them to “man-up" whenever the going gets tough. On the other, we’re condemning a climate of "toxic masculinity" at every turn. If that strikes you as confusing, imagine being a fourteen-year old boy with no father figure to help you make sense of it.

Anyway, the bullying crisis is real, but the root cause has nothing to do with video games, or guns, or social media, or rock and roll, or sugary drinks, or any of the other boogymen currently in fashion. Nor is it a function of some new chromosome unique to the current crop of kids coming of age. Kids are the same now as they were a hundred years ago – petulant, brave, arrogant, earnest, frightened, and cocksure. It’s the parents who have changed. It’s the parents who have put their own happiness above the best interests of their kids. It’s the parents who actually believe “the village” will raise their kids, when the village is profoundly incapable of doing anything of the sort.

Of course, I could be wrong. I often am. But I can tell you with certainty that whatever the root causes of bullying may be, Carlos Flores is part of the solution. Watch the video and see for yourself. And if you'd like to see more men like him, doing similar things in other places, do me a favor and share his story. It's a good one. And imitation is also part of the solution...

Thanks,
Mike
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...mportance-dads