Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 20-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #5281
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysium View Post
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally on our planet, serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive. To make marijuana against the law is like saying that God made a mistake. Like on the seventh day God looked down, "There it is. My Creation, perfect and holy in all ways. Now I can rest. [Gives shocked expression] Oh my Me! I left fuckin' pot everywhere. I should never have smoked that joint on the third day. Hehe, that was the day I created the possum. Still gives me a chuckle. But if I leave pot everywhere, that's gonna give people the impression they're supposed to … use it. Now I have to create Republicans." " … and God wept", I believe is the next part of that story.

Somewhere in this 17 min video it talks about how weed grows in abundance in this small country of Bhutan but no one smokes it. Why smoke it if you're already happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcoQ...80E385&index=3

Last edited by alisa2; 20-06-2014 at 09:06 PM.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #5282
lone star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
Somewhere in this 17 min video it talks about how weed grows in abundance in this small country of Bhutan but no one smokes it. Why smoke it if you're already happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcoQ...80E385&index=3
Sounds like an untapped market.

I could be the king of Bhutan!
lone star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #5283
lighthouse

I will ruin this party now, I know, but uh...

Each and every one of my friends I know that are smoking...
Well, it doesn't do them good.

As I see it, people do it because it helps them to relax.
But what it does is that it makes the mind unstable, numb,
destroys concentration and focus,
and the day after people are just cranky and different.

I am no saint, I have done my fair shares of experimenting with everything,
but I can't ignore what I see.
Of course, weed is a drug that relies much on company, so to speak.
If someone wants to just shutdown his/her emotions because it's too much,
than that is how it's gonna be.
But if someone wants to laugh and enjoy the nature, or something nice like that - than it is a whole other experience.
But as I say, most people use it as a sleeping pill,
and I don't find that to be a worthy experience...
lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #5284
andy1033

I agree, i have never smoked in my life. I think the ptb use movies to get you lot thinking its a way to find yourself, when its probably the worst thing you can do.

You are all looking for outside answers, when infact you yourself can do that stuff without drugs, or smoking what ever.

But of course you lot do what you want, but for me smoking what ever is not a good thing.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #5285
lone star

damn andy you would be no fun to hang out with. so many fucking rules.

but i could work on lighthouse
Old 21-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #5286
alisa2

This, no matter how many times I listen to it, always makes me happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S8...=RDC_S8tRMDrmE
Old 21-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #5287
lone star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
This, no matter how many times I listen to it, always makes me happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S8...=RDC_S8tRMDrmE
Old 25-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #5288
alisa2

Book of Passages by UG Krishnamurti

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...HqcwBMJoR85QsU
Old 27-06-2014, 03:43 AM   #5289
alisa2

Friends of UG

the good stuff starts at 3:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgq9r_8qRNI

"We are so controlled by thinking and thought":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhjdz0CLEcc
Old 27-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #5290
alisa2

Religious institutions no different from the legal system :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vr5o1ksKjM
start listening at 7:00

UG Krishnamurti:

"… All the political ideologies and our legal system is nothing but a modified continuity of the same [religious institutions]. Assuming for a moment that husband and wife should live in great harmony and in peace [you see it this way for whatever reason] if you don't do it [the religionists] say you go to hell and pay a price. Alright, now we have created a legal system which demands that we should register our marriage, and how is this different from that ? I want to know. The legal system that we have created is a [ ?] system. You see, [for example] I sit here and I refuse to move—I am a squatter here and what would you do ? You'll try your best to persuade me, plead with me, try to force and [use] the limited force you have at your command. So you go to the court and the lawyers argue in your favor or against you and the judge gives a judgment. Alright, I don't have any trust in the legal structure, and don't believe in all that and I don't give a damn the decision given by the judge, what would you do in such a situation [if I don't leave]? You bring the police and force me out of this place. So force is still the instrument which we use to [govern ?] people, and now we don't have to use force because we all have become masters in playing with the words, you see, wordsmiths.
Old 30-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #5291
alisa2

From the book Thought Is Your Enemy

http://www.well.com/user/jct/enemy5.htm

Q: Will there not be anarchy if you do not support the male and female relationship and the family?

A: If they are ready to accept the misery (Laughs), it is well and good. But it is a miserable situation. They are not happy with that. Total anarchy is a state of being rather than a state of doing. There is no action in total anarchy; it is a state of being. So why are we frightened of anarchy? The anarchy which you are talking about is the destruction of the institutions which we have built with tremendous care, and of our belief that those institutions should continue forever. So it is that we are fighting for -- to preserve them in their pristine purity.

Q: Are you not worried about the prospect of old age and the future of children when there is no family?

A: It is society that has to take care of that problem. Why are you all paying taxes to the government if they don't do what they are supposed to do? It is the responsibility of each individual that he should do what he has promised to do. The problem is that once you put these individuals in the seat of power, then there is less chance of their sharing their power with others. And you provide them with tremendous weapons of destruction. A man like me who expresses this view will become the enemy of the state. They will not hesitate to destroy me. I don't care if I am destroyed. If they say, "Don't talk," I will stop talking. I don't believe in freedom of speech at all. If they say "Don't talk, what you are saying is a threat to mankind and to its institutions," goodbye, I don't want to talk. I am not interested in changing the world. But they have promised to do certain things. You have elected them to the office; you have put them there in the seat of power and have unfortunately provided them with the most destructive of weapons. They will not hesitate to use them against you and me.
Old 30-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #5292
alisa2

UG: Basically, human nature is exactly the same whether in India or in Russia or in America or in Africa. Human problems are exactly the same. All the problems are artificially created by the various structures created by human thinking. As I said, there is some sort of (I can't make a definitive statement) neurological problem in the human body. Human thinking is born out of this neurological defect in the human species. Anything that is born out of human thinking is destructive. Thought is destructive. Thought is a protective mechanism. It draws frontiers around itself, and it wants to protect itself. It is for the same reason that we also draw lines on this planet and extend them as far as we can. Do you think these frontiers are going to disappear? They are not. Those who have entrenched themselves, those who have had the monopoly of all the world's resources so far and for so long, if they are threatened to be dislodged, what they would do is anybody's guess. All the destructive weapons that we have today are here only to protect that monopoly.

But I am sure that the day has come for people to realize that all the weapons that we have built so far are redundant and that they cannot be used anymore. We have arrived at a point where you cannot destroy your adversary without destroying yourself. So it is that kind of terror, and not the love and brotherhood that have been preached for centuries, that will help us to live together. But this has to percolate to the level of human consciousness. (I don't want to use the words 'consciousness', or 'human consciousness', because there is no such thing as consciousness at all. I use that word only for purposes of communication.) Until this percolates to the level of human consciousness, in the sense that man sees that he cannot destroy his neighbor without destroying himself, I don't think it will help. I am sure that we have come to that point. Whenever and wherever you have an edge over your adversary or your neighbor, you will still continue to exercise what you have been holding on to for centuries. So how are you going to solve the problem? All utopias have failed.

The whole mischief originated in the religious thinking of man. Now there is no use in blaming the religious thinking of man, because all the political ideologies, even your legal structures, are the warty outgrowth of the religious thinking of man. It is not so easy to flush out the whole series of experiences which have been accumulated through centuries, and which are based upon the religious thinking of man. There is a tendency to replace one belief with another belief, one illusion with another illusion. That is all we can do.
Old 30-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #5293
alisa2

No difference between movie stars and gurus

start listening at 18:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6D6w5D-c8o
Old 30-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #5294
alisa2

My personal experience for today: RUDE people. I had an appointment this morning and the person didn't show up let alone call. My employer too, plain rude. No real communication between people today. No one really listens- they are not really interested- all the noise going on in their head prevents them listening to what you are saying- they have their own agenda in mind...
Old 30-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #5295
alisa2

Do we listen? No. We listen only to what we want to hear, nothing more.

I can relate recent events to this:

Louis Brawley wrote:

I recently explained to a friend why I was unsuited to having a relationship and didn’t want one. Within hours he showed up with a new date for me. So do we listen? Is the purpose of conversation to really exchange ideas? It's essential for our survival in this snake-pit society, and there is no way of avoiding them, but to expect to actually communicate ideas with people who don’t already share them is pure lunacy, (which makes sense I guess because we live in a societal asylum as it is).

Last edited by alisa2; 30-06-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #5296
alisa2

"So you have no freedom of action. You have the freedom of action to come here or not to come here, to eat the Indian food or not eat the Indian food, but all your actions are genetically controlled.' UG

18:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIlnC2UDobk
Old 02-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #5297
alisa2

UG- the greatest non-teacher teacher, the greatest non-guru guru

hhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gE145s_7mI
Old 02-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #5298
alisa2

same video at 19:50 UG confirms what Stephen Jourdain said about the mind: the mind is the image maker. That's why UG has often said the mind does not exist- except as an image maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIlnC2UDobk

"My memory is only a factual memory. But the image making structure that is unfortunately the part of your so-called memory is the problem. There is no way I can create any image of myself. I am only talking of this living organism. The sensory activity does not tell me anything about this.

Last edited by alisa2; 02-07-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #5299
alisa2

12:35
"What happened is a random thing, it's not because I was specially chosen or that I specially trained myself- you don't train yourself to be hit by lightening or you don't step on a live wire, no- by accident. So it is an accident."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cwaF_F8OXk
Old 03-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #5300
alisa2

"People ask me, are you bored? How can I be bored? I don't find anything more interesting, more meaningful, more purposeful than what I am doing in that given situation." UG [notice that he doesn't use the word now]

18:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cwaF_F8OXk