Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 27-01-2018, 01:56 AM   #1
surfsteve

Default Nutritional Yeast

I miss eating cheese since I gave up dairy and ordered some nutritional yeast a few weeks ago as a substitute for Parmesan.

There are at least 3 kinds of nutritional yeast sold on the market. All of them have been deactivated so you probably don't have to worry about yeast overgrowth. The most common type is fortified with vitamins during and after the time it is grown. There is also unfortified yeast but that kind is very expensive. The third type is a combination of the two where the yeast is fed vitamins to help it grow but none is added after it is harvested. That's the kind that is the cheapest and the kind I bought. It tastes pretty good and didn't make me jittery the way I remember fortified yeast doing.
Old 27-01-2018, 02:46 AM   #2
adralicus

Funny you should post that. My two vegan friends are hooked on nutitional yeast, they just love it. I was thinking of trying some myself. The one they get is this: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...s-b12-60009142 but they have stated ordering from another store becuase the do plastic free packaging.
adralicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
surfsteve

Quote:
Nutritional Yeast Benefits

1. Preserves Immune Function

Nutritional yeast provides the compounds beta-1,3 glucan, trehalose, mannan and glutathione, which are associated with enhanced immunity, improved cholesterol levels and risk reduction of cancer.

Dr. Michael Greger tested marathon runners and endurance athletes, finding that those who had the nutritional yeast before their marathon had “better overall health, decreased confusion, fatigue, tension and anger, and increased vigor.” They also seemed to recover faster.
Quote:
2. Holds Antiviral and Antibacterial Properties
Quote:
3. Improves Digestion
Quote:
5. Promotes Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails
https://draxe.com/nutritional-yeast/
Old 07-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
surfsteve

Weird Myths and the Real Truth About Nutritional Yeast
https://kimberlysnyder.com/blog/2014...itional-yeast/
Old 07-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
mannybash

I went on a yeast free diet some time ago is this OK for me?
mannybash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #6
surfsteve

Dr. Blaylock is one of the opponents against nutritional yeast. He claims it's no different than MSG but most websites claim that this is a false myth. Another negative comment regarding yeast is that most of the vitamins are added and don't occur naturally.

I've use both kinds of yeast, fortified and non fortified. Even the non fortified has a lot of vitamins and amino acids in it. I like them both but limit the amount of fortified nutritional yeast I consume so as not to get too many synthetic vitamins.

Most unfortified nutritional yeast is very expensive and it irritates me to think that a company is charging more for leaving something out but recently the Frontier company stopped fortifying their yeast and is selling it actually cheaper than fortified; the way it should be!

You might consider reading the Weston A Price article below to get a full and unbiased background on nutritional yeast.

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...itional-yeast/
Old 07-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #7
surfsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannybash View Post
I went on a yeast free diet some time ago is this OK for me?
That would depend on who you ask. Most likely you went on a yeast free diet because of candida. Nutritional yeast first of all has been deactivated by heating it and secondly is a different strain. I was reading some testimonials and one person who claimed they had candida and were told not to eat yeast said they had no problem with nutritional yeast but if I get Dr. Blaylock's drift on the subject he implies that the stuff is pure poison. Personally I feel pretty good taking it but I always used to believe the hype that it was bad for you. I remember getting amped up on the fortified yeast before but I have reversed my thoughts and have placed it on my list of foods that are good to eat. Plus I seem to tolerate moderate amounts of the artificial vitamins in the fortified kind better than I used to. Maybe I need them more because I am working out so much. Guess you just have to decide if you want to try it or not and see how it works for you!