Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient & Forbidden Knowledge / False History

Old 23-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
kingmonkey

Default Emerald Tablets of Thoth

Has anyone read the transcriptions of the emerald tablets of thoth? If so what's your opinion?
kingmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
kezann

Firstly I'd just like to say Hi! I couldn't find the Introductions thread for the life of me.

To my knowledge I'd never heard of Thoth before in my life until almost 3weeks ago when, on the morning of the Equinox (which I think may have been 20th March) I had an incredibly vivid dream, the upshot of which was 'Beware, Thoth is coming'. It's been many a year since I had a dream that compelled me to write it down as soon as I awoke, but this one saw me bleary-eyed, scrabbling around the bedroom for paper and pen.

Of course, the first thing I did was read as much as I could about him.
The most shocking thing is that Thoth is associated with the Equinox and with the moon (it was a full moon too).

He is also associated with writing and magic. Now I know I'll sound like a loon, but every night before my children go to bed they each come to me in turn for 'sweet dream magic', which is a little 'ritual' (for want of a better word) that I perform to give them sweet dreams. Also, when they hurt themselves they come to me for 'mammy magic' to make it better. I also write - like oodles! Very little of my work ever gets online, but my house is literally teeming with journals and odd bits of paper with scribbled ramblings, and very often when I read it back I can't remember writing it - or even thinking the bugger!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm a 'Thoth Channeller' or anything. But I can't deny that my life has been changed by that dream.

Another amazing thing I found is that his views are phenomenally similar to those of myself. He boils it down to the struggle between 'light and darkness', which in the end is exactly what we have to look at things like.

If you strip away all the individual happenings of the world it all boils down to one thing. The baddies run this planet. The good guys need it back, and IT needs the good guys to be back, because the baddies are raping its natural resources so that soon, it may not be there for any of us.

Oh, and he says that to find the answers you should look inside yourself for them. On my website I use the tag line 'The Truth Is In You!'. We're taught to look to the heavens, or in a book, or a lavishly decorated hall for the truth. I believe that's because they know that if we knew we had the power, they wouldn't continue to get away with it.

In this excerpt he alludes to being from a different planet...

"Gathered I then my people and entered the great ship of the Master. Upward

We rose into the morning. Dark beneath us lay the Temple. Suddenly over it rose

the waters. Vanished from Earth, until the time appointed, was the great

Temple.

Fast we fled toward the sun of the morning, until beneath us lay the land of

the children of KHEM."

... there are links to Freemasonry too...

"Seated within the flower of radiance sit seven Lords from the Space-Times

above us, helping and guiding through infinite Wisdom, the pathway through

time of the children of men."

... Freemasons, I believe, have 7 grand masters in a lodge.

---

I'll leave it there methinks. I bet you weren't expecting a ramble like that! I could go on for weeks though, Thoth is my current favourite topic.

Wishing you the best of days.

Kerry-Ann
xXx
kezann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
kingmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezann View Post

I'll leave it there methinks. I bet you weren't expecting a ramble like that! I could go on for weeks though, Thoth is my current favourite topic.

Wishing you the best of days.

Kerry-Ann
xXx
I wasn't expecting a post as interesting as that!

Have you had any more thoth related dreams?
kingmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 06:53 AM   #4
phildee3

The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus (Thoth):

True it is, without falsehood, certain and most true. That which is above is like that which is below and that which is below is like that which is above, to accomplish the miracle of unity.

Everything is formed from the contemplation of unity, and all things come about from unity, by means of adaptation.

The father thereof is the Sun, the mother the Moon.

The wind carried it in its womb, the Earth is the nurse therof.

It is the father of all works of wonder throughout the whole world.

Its power is complete.

If it is cast upon Earth, it will separate the element of Earth from that of Fire, the impalpable separated from the palpable.

Through wisdom it rises slowly from Earth to Heaven.

Then it descends to Earth, combining in itself the force from things superior and things inferior.

Thus you shall have the glory of the illumination of all the world, and all obscurity will fly far from you.

This is the power of all strength--it overcomes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid substance.

This was the means of the creation of the world.

In the future wonderful adaptations will be achieved, and this is the way.

I am Hermes the Threefold Sage, so named because I hold the three elements of all wisdom. And thus ends the revelation of the work of the Sun.
Old 16-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
kezann

Hello again

I'm sorry I didn't reply before. I hadn't set up e-mail notifications! I'm such a pudding.

I've not dreamt of Thoth again, but the other night I dreamt about sacred symbols (he's a master of sacred geometry too) and the stars. The theme was along the lines of, 'they' (being the evil overlords of the planet) have known these ancient secrets for, like ever, (which is why they call themselves the 'intellectual elite') and they are secrets that we are all meant to know.

Methinks the chap be a little on the peeved side.

Or I'm bonkers - one of the two! lol

Big Hugs

Kerry-Ann
xXx
Old 16-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
lumukanda
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Hello again

I'm sorry I didn't reply before. I hadn't set up e-mail notifications! I'm such a pudding.

I've not dreamt of Thoth again, but the other night I dreamt about sacred symbols (he's a master of sacred geometry too) and the stars. The theme was along the lines of, 'they' (being the evil overlords of the planet) have known these ancient secrets for, like ever, (which is why they call themselves the 'intellectual elite') and they are secrets that we are all meant to know.

Methinks the chap be a little on the peeved side.

Or I'm bonkers - one of the two! lol

Big Hugs

Kerry-Ann
xXx
the bit in bold is one of the funniest things i've ever read here, you owe me a new keyboard, mines got nose-coffee on it.

but about the tablets of thoth, years ago, before i got into icke i started downloading anything i could find that would perhaps give me answers, i started with the apocryphal books, enoch etc etc, then i moved onto the gnostic texts, pistis sophia etc etc and finally ended up with the emerald tablets of thoth, i can't explain it but it just had such a ring to it, it really clicked.

Quote:
“In the form of man moved they amongst us, but only to sight, were they as are men. Serpent-headed when the glamour was lifted, but appearing to man as men among men. Crept they into the councils, taking form that were like unto men. Slaying by their arts the chiefs of the kingdoms, taking their form and ruling o’er man. Only by magic could they be discovered, only by sound could their faces be seen. Sought they from the kingdom of shadows, to destroy man and rule in his place”.
what do you guys think the bit on bold means? is it simply us speaking the truth? or is it an incantation of some sort?
Old 16-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #7
soundist

Its most likly a sound posibly in the form of an incantation but not nessicerily, that we can make witch will force/trick there energy bodies to generate there natural holographic form instead of there ilusion of human form.
soundist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
kezann

How odd!

I've just posted on the only other thread I've joined in with as yet - reptoids.

Maybe it's a frequency thing. Maybe also it refers to their secrecy, and how that has enabled their covert actions for so long. Maybe it means that, if we 'pip up' and speak for ourselves, ask questions and proclaim truths, they will have nowhere to hide.

Sorry about your keyboard btw. I owe you one!

xXx
Old 17-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #9
lifeofbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumukanda View Post

but about the tablets of thoth, years ago, before i got into icke i started downloading anything i could find that would perhaps give me answers, i started with the apocryphal books, enoch etc etc, then i moved onto the gnostic texts, pistis sophia etc etc and finally ended up with the emerald tablets of thoth, i can't explain it but it just had such a ring to it, it really clicked.

Quote:
“In the form of man moved they amongst us, but only to sight, were they as are men. Serpent-headed when the glamour was lifted, but appearing to man as men among men. Crept they into the councils, taking form that were like unto men. Slaying by their arts the chiefs of the kingdoms, taking their form and ruling o’er man. Only by magic could they be discovered, only by sound could their faces be seen. Sought they from the kingdom of shadows, to destroy man and rule in his place”.
what do you guys think the bit on bold means? is it simply us speaking the truth? or is it an incantation of some sort?
Some spiritual techniques intended to expand consciousness ie including psychic abilities are something called toning. Toning is more melodic than chants and affects the multidimensional human. It doesn't do anything to anybody else, it's working on the own ability to "see" beyond "veils".
lifeofbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #10
lumukanda
Premier Subscribers

this is all very interesting, i've always thought that sound plays a very important part in maintaining the illusion.
thanks for your responses guys.
Old 17-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
kezann

I'd just like to share this excerpt from the tablets...

Far in the past, when first I came to thee, found I thee in caves of rocks.

Lifted I thee by my power and wisdom until thou didst shine as men among

men. Aye, found I thee without any knowing. Only a little were ye raised beyond

beasts. Fanned I ever the spark of thy consciousness until at last ye flamed

as men.

... Now does that pretty much say that we were colonised by, and cross-bred with aliens or what?

These themes surely wouldn't recur so often were there no fire for them to smoke from??
Old 18-04-2008, 08:05 AM   #12
phildee3

Quote:
I'd just like to share this excerpt from the tablets...

Far in the past, when first I came to thee, found I thee in caves of rocks.

Lifted I thee by my power and wisdom until thou didst shine as men among

men. Aye, found I thee without any knowing. Only a little were ye raised beyond

beasts. Fanned I ever the spark of thy consciousness until at last ye flamed

as men.

... Now does that pretty much say that we were colonised by, and cross-bred with aliens or what?

These themes surely wouldn't recur so often were there no fire for them to smoke from??
"Aliens" is but one interpretation of these higher beings,
others include "elementals" or "angels."

There's nothing here about cross-breeding,
which was performed by fallen angels, - the Nefilim.

I don't think these guys are "fallen."
Old 23-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #13
samkinison75
Inactive

Smile

Just curious to all those in here who are quite knowledgeable of the tablets.

I have read most of the 10 to 12 tablets of thoth, and was inspired to thus compose lyric material for a song which we (my band) has written musically.

I do this as a tribute to Thoth, as well as the tablets. Does anyone think this is a bad thing, or would be of sacrilege?

It is Heavy Metal Music, a bit on the dark side, but I consider myself a student of the occult and seeker of wisdom........and I have thus been inspired by these tablets for a musical work we have which fits perfectly with the theme of The Emerald Tablets of Thoth in feeling.

I also had this question, does anyone know which tablet the following quote listed below is from? I have been looking for it, but cannot find it. If you could help me out that would be much appreciated.

Quote:
In the form of man moved they amongst us, but only to sight, were they as are men. Serpent-headed when the glamour was lifted, but appearing to man as men among men. Crept they into the councils, taking form that were like unto men. Slaying by their arts the chiefs of the kingdoms, taking their form and ruling o’er man. Only by magic could they be discovered, only by sound could their faces be seen. Sought they from the kingdom of shadows, to destroy man and rule in his place”.
samkinison75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #14
kezann

Quote:
Does anyone think this is a bad thing, or would be of sacrilege?
My personal point of view is how could it be sacriligous? The truth needs to be told as much as possible, and in as many possible ways. Thoth didn't write these tablets for them to be unheard. Unfortunately 'they' know how much truth is in them, which is why they're underground information.

I applaud you for what you're doing, and would love to hear the song.

Oh and the piece you quoted is from tablet VIII: The Key of Mysteries.

Loadsa lurve

Kerry-Ann
xXx
Life's too short - don't waste it practicing being dead!
Old 23-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #15
samkinison75
Inactive

Wink

Thanks for the support, I guess I can be a bit paranoid and have a hard time overcoming things which for some reason seem superstitious, even though I am totally anti superstition. I guess it is all part of the unbrainwashing, that seems to be a daily routine at times. The lyrical composition of this song, is quite challenging as there is so much details to fit into a song which doesn't have much singing and is only about 7 minutes long of music. I think I have most of it worked out though.

Anyways, we should have the recording done sometime soon if we can overcome our studio problems and altercations with each other, not too mention our lack of preparation going into the studio. I have to say that this song should be quite spectacular. It has a very middle eastern vibe and it is also very heavy and at the same time melodic in a lot of parts.

In case you might want to know, the name of the band is called Desolate Realm.

I play drums and write most of the lyrics.

Last edited by samkinison75; 23-04-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 24-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #16
phildee3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkinison75 View Post

I do this as a tribute to Thoth, as well as the tablets. Does anyone think this is a bad thing, or would be of sacrilege?
I don't think a sacrilege, no,
but I do consider it a "bad" thing to accompany the text with "dark" music because it will persude the listener towards a "dark" interpretation of the text.

When reading it, there is another interpretation.

It would be a real test of skill to give the music a neutral shade,
and allow the listener to interpret for themselves insted of imposing your interpretation on them
(which is, after all, is a form of auto-suggestion, - mind control/brainwashing).

Last edited by phildee3; 24-04-2008 at 07:36 AM.
phildee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #17
samkinison75
Inactive

I don't consider darkness bad thing really, and yes it is up to the listener to make up his own ideas about it. Only in duality is there an issue with Darkness. I have always felt comfort in darkness as in light too, but this song we are doing is not so much dark actually, and actually has a lot of heaviness and metal energy going on. It all depends on your taste in music really, not too mention our band mainly appeals to those who are comfortable with dark themes, obscure, and occult music.
Old 25-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #18
phildee3

Default esoteric occultism

Quote:

I don't consider darkness bad thing really,
Me neither.
I'm saying that presenting the Emerald Tablets material from either side of the duality is not such a good idea.

Quote:

our band mainly appeals to those who are comfortable with dark themes, obscure, and occult music.
I'm an occultist myself,
and I find that "themes" are hidden within the message not to be brought out by the messenger but by the receiver. This is the meaning of "esoteric."

I do like the idea of putting the Thoth material to music - very much.
I just think it would be much better to be "neutral" (in terms of light/dark) for reasons already stated.

I'm not uncomfortable with the dark, but I don't find it (necessarily) in the Tablets.
Where you find darkness, I find light; but I wouldn't put it to "light" music for the same reason.

I majored in music theory and composition at the Lionel Hampton School of Music (Univ. of Idaho).

If your band is restricted to "dark themes" only, I would use a different format for the Tablets project.
No reason why you can't have more than one band!

Last edited by phildee3; 25-04-2008 at 07:42 AM.
phildee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #19
blondina1

Hi

Quote :
In the form of man moved they amongst us, but only to sight, were they as are men. Serpent-headed when the glamour was lifted, but appearing to man as men among men. Crept they into the councils, taking form that were like unto men. Slaying by their arts the chiefs of the kingdoms, taking their form and ruling o’er man. Only by magic could they be discovered, only by sound could their faces be seen. Sought they from the kingdom of shadows, to destroy man and rule in his place.

Could it mean sound as in their voice? Thinking out loud the text says that they according to sight appear to be men, taking form as men etc.. but it dosn't says anything about language or voice.
blondina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #20
truthdog

Holy crap! I just realized that I had found out about these tablets on the day of the FULL SOLAR ECLIPSE? o.O

Woah....
truthdog is offline   Reply With Quote