Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 23-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Yet even when exorcisms have been carried out by the church in the name of christ the victim is often possessed to a greater degree. Why is it that the bible tells us the name of christ is powerful yet many exorcisms fail? I think the church is reluctant to do such things now purely because it makes them look like they are powerless to remove such spirits in the name of christ.
Hi marpat,

I used to belong to the Roman Catholic church, and then later on I looked into Protestantism. I discovered that they only teach their own versions of what's written in Scripture, and not what's written in Scripture. A perversion of the truth, and not the truth. Christ warned that many would come in His name with the sole purpose of deceiving many. The many have arrived, and the many are being deceived. What I mean to say is that there's no example of an exorcism in Scripture as a means of driving out demons. It's a false teaching, carried out in the name of a false Christ. I was saying this to someone else in the thread - the devil isn't afraid of words, he's afraid of Jesus Christ. And if in naming the name of Christ, we unknowingly refer to an imposter, the devil knows it's an imposter. In fact, the imposters belong to the devil. The devil isn't going to be afraid of himself.

I spend a great deal of time thinking about this. Of the two, I don't know who's in greater danger - the person who rejects Christ altogether, or the person who worships a false Christ.

Except the devil is even craftier than just this. I know people who've been demonically attacked, where the Roman Catholic church appeared to be able to drive the demons away. And people who've seen statues of the "virgin mary" come to life, and speak to them. And what affect did it have? It drove the people even deeper into the Roman Catholic church, and even farther away from the true Christ. The devil has been observing mankind since almost the beginning of time. He knows very well how to manipulate them.

Acts 2:38

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #42

Quote:
biblegirl
Hi biblegirl,

I'm afraid our differences are irreconcilable. Meaning that no amount of debate could change my mind. I see you blending together Scriptural teachings, along with various other teachings that are not Scriptural. And since that is the place I've already come from, that led me to the edge of the pit of hell, there's no way I'm going back there. After what I've been through and everything I've seen, there's no one who stands a chance of convincing me that Biblical teachings should ever be married together with unBiblical teachings. God counts this as an abomination that He will judge severely, and I finally understand why. I don't judge the people who do it. I have no right to when I did the same thing. But it's not something that's open for debate in my mind, not anymore. I only aim to warn others not to do what I did, like that street sign at the side of the road. The choice you make when you pass by me on the road is yours to make, and yours alone.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Old 23-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #43
mrs houdini

Hello Biblegirl,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for your last post to me.
To-day I am well and I watched the link you provided. Thank you again.

Love and Peace,
Linda,
mrs houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnotsure View Post
I am not the original poster but would like to say that you have made many assumptions about the original poster here. I am a Christian but not because I have been brainwashed by anybody in fact quite the reverse, I became aware that the life I was living and the thoughts I was thinking were making me unhappy. As I have unravelled my suffering I have come to see that all along what I have found to be truth is in the Bible. I will say that again, what I have found to be truth for myself I have found in the Bible all along and so I have come to trust it. I know you may go onto the difficult passages and dismiss this and that etc but by doing that are you missing the truth.

Also I don't think you will find many mature Christians who will deny that the "church" has been and is corrupt at times but that does not mean that Christ was corrupt or that there is no God or that the God of the Old Testament is really the devil. Who are we to judge what is corrupt anyway?

Anyway I think this thread is very interesting. I have suffered from depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I started to recover when I made the decision that I had suffered enough and asked God to help me through his son, Jesus Christ. I feel as though I am being guided back to sanity.

By the way I am ok with being called a deluded christian and a bible basher.
It's amazing for me to hear someone else say those words. That's precisely what Christ Jesus did for me - He restored my sanity. I've said that same thing to myself so many times. He restored my sanity, and He preserves it, against evil forces and an evil world that I had no power of my own to conquer.

Ephesians 6:17 - The Helmet of Salvation

If you haven't yet, study Ephesians 6:10-18 - The Armor of God.

I used to think Scripture spoke of this Armor as something figurative. I didn't believe how literal it is. Now I do. Now I finally understand.

Old 23-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #45
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964 View Post
Hi marpat,

I used to belong to the Roman Catholic church, and then later on I looked into Protestantism. I discovered that they only teach their own versions of what's written in Scripture, and not what's written in Scripture. A perversion of the truth, and not the truth. Christ warned that many would come in His name with the sole purpose of deceiving many. The many have arrived, and the many are being deceived. What I mean to say is that there's no example of an exorcism in Scripture as a means of driving out demons. It's a false teaching, carried out in the name of a false Christ. I was saying this to someone else in the thread - the devil isn't afraid of words, he's afraid of Jesus Christ. And if in naming the name of Christ, we unknowingly refer to an imposter, the devil knows it's an imposter. In fact, the imposters belong to the devil. The devil isn't going to be afraid of himself.

I spend a great deal of time thinking about this. Of the two, I don't know who's in greater danger - the person who rejects Christ altogether, or the person who worships a false Christ.

Except the devil is even craftier than just this. I know people who've been demonically attacked, where the Roman Catholic church appeared to be able to drive the demons away. And people who've seen statues of the "virgin mary" come to life, and speak to them. And what affect did it have? It drove the people even deeper into the Roman Catholic church, and even farther away from the true Christ. The devil has been observing mankind since almost the beginning of time. He knows very well how to manipulate them.
But in the bible the disciples rebuke people expelling demons in christs name but jesus does not have a problem with that. His attitude seems to be that if they do it in his name then they are with him. Surely a church that invokes his name would be similar.
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #46
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Hi biblegirl,

I'm afraid our differences are irreconcilable. Meaning that no amount of debate could change my mind. I see you blending together Scriptural teachings, along with various other teachings that are not Scriptural. And since that is the place I've already come from, that led me to the edge of the pit of hell, there's no way I'm going back there. After what I've been through and everything I've seen, there's no one who stands a chance of convincing me that Biblical teachings should ever be married together with unBiblical teachings. God counts this as an abomination that He will judge severely, and I finally understand why. I don't judge the people who do it. I have no right to when I did the same thing. But it's not something that's open for debate in my mind, not anymore. I only aim to warn others not to do what I did, like that street sign at the side of the road. The choice you make when you pass by me on the road is yours to make, and yours alone.
So what teachings do you consider scriptual and non-scriptural?
Old 23-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #47
biblegirl

Quote:
Yet even when exorcisms have been carried out by the church in the name of christ the victim is often possessed to a greater degree. Why is it that the bible tells us the name of christ is powerful yet many exorcisms fail? I think the church is reluctant to do such things now purely because it makes them look like they are powerless to remove such spirits in the name of christ.
Quote:
But in the bible the disciples rebuke people expelling demons in christs name but jesus does not have a problem with that. His attitude seems to be that if they do it in his name then they are with him. Surely a church that invokes his name would be similar.
Both of these are significant points that can't be ignored by this topic imo.

The unsuccessful exorcisms that I mentioned earlier happened to a born again person who was possessed, and the attempted exorcism was by a born again pastor...i will not accept the "true conversion" theory for this one because it doesn't apply. Imo it's a way for Christianity to say "I don't know why it didn't work but the answer might not fit in with my beliefs so I don't want to know". I've heard the true conversion/not walking with God arguments applied to every circumstance that Christians don't understand. There is much more to the spiritual world than Christianity seems willing to investigate. I said this before, I can't emphasize it enough: the church allows for a few concepts like invisible demons and angels, but they won't go much deeper as to what those things actually are and how we are affected. We are just left to guess that those things are really there, and when we see a creepy thing happen we shout "demon!" and when we see a miracle happen we say "angel!". It doesn't have to be this blind!
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #48
biblegirl

Thumbs up

Quote:
that's a good video

Psychiatrists unfortunately will never take into account the spiritual aspect of reality, and so will never come to any real solutions (to spiritual problems). At least they were honest about it haha.
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #49
dedicate

Marpat: "So what teachings do you consider scriptual and non-scriptural?"///

Exactly. The person you are directing the question will assumes what is scirptural and what is non-scriptural is self-evident and needs no referance. Most likely he will also say he does not have an interpretation of scripture, but scripture actually reads the way he sees it. This is one of the marks of the fundamentalist.-- even though they often have disagreements as to what is scriptural and what it is the Bible reads amongst themselves.

Last edited by dedicate; 24-12-2009 at 03:11 AM.
dedicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #50
nectars

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
that's a good video

Psychiatrists unfortunately will never take into account the spiritual aspect of reality, and so will never come to any real solutions (to spiritual problems). At least they were honest about it haha.
Three of the best are Carl Jung, Edwin C.Steinbecher(google Inner guide meditation) and David R.Hawkins who had the largest practice in the US at one point before he let go of it. All worthy of serious study and practice.

PS: Just noticed the PM, I'll reply to it later as I have to take my kids to the cinema shortly
nectars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #51
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
Thank you again for sharing. That sounds like you got a parasite which has the ability to put thoughts into your head in your own voice so that you think they are your thoughts. There are ways to rid them permanently. If dependency on the medication decides whether or not you still have trouble from it, then you know the spirit is not gone. The medication is likely dulling your senses enough so you don't notice so much. Here is a video which is more or less a drug ad (which I do not necessarily endorse) for schizophrenia, but it is obvious to me that what this girl was experiencing was real spiritual beings that harass people and tell them to do bad things to themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_jYqSA_fJk

I will not be too harsh on the medicated aspect of it because I know it has saved lives of people who are attacked by these beings. It is not a permanent solution, but I still respect and appreciate that people have relief from spiritual problems when they don't know what else they can do. I hope you experience healing and never have problems with this again .
Really good post. Really good.... I know it's a bit rough to pick on the mentally ill but I for one am 96 percent certain that schizophrenia is the way the hidden rulers control their politicians and agenda enhancing maniacs.

People from knife murderers to highest level politicians are all working for the same agenda and get their orders from the same discarnate voices which are only heard by those who have had their ego broken down and their psychic defencess shattered: the schizophrenics.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #52
mythic

Default Demonics

I'd like to thank everyone....including Linda for their frankness in this matter. Demonic possesion is not funny....I'm not even sure it's real...but I've been experiencing very strange things the past year....I even forget what I did the past week. And the dreams....lord...those crazy ass dreams. I MAY be mental illness...I honestly can't answer that with any authority....but it's definately debilitating. Thanks for sharing Linda.
mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #53
jshappy
Inactive

People don't understand what demons are. They are given power through imagination. They do exist, but they only work through the mind, through the imagination. That is why you more mentally ill people who are into the occult, and conspiracy theories are also part of the occult. They have opened the doors of thier minds to these beings, and didn't/couldn't close them, and now their imagination has gone out of control. Medications only numb the body but they do not close the door of imagination. Once you have opened that window into the world of spirits and demons, you open up the key of your mind to another world, and without proper grounding and guidance you will not be able to control your imagination and the demons will work to gain complete control over you.
jshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #54
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshappy View Post
People don't understand what demons are. They are given power through imagination. They do exist, but they only work through the mind, through the imagination. That is why you more mentally ill people who are into the occult, and conspiracy theories are also part of the occult. They have opened the doors of thier minds to these beings, and didn't/couldn't close them, and now their imagination has gone out of control. Medications only numb the body but they do not close the door of imagination. Once you have opened that window into the world of spirits and demons, you open up the key of your mind to another world, and without proper grounding and guidance you will not be able to control your imagination and the demons will work to gain complete control over you.
Agreed, that's why anyone who is involved in truth seeking or learning to tap their mind's true power should also MASTER zen meditation.

Otherwise you're opening a box that you won't be able to close.

Last edited by truthspoon; 25-11-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 25-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #55
marpat
Inactive

A lot of the supposed demons that people moan about are the negative aspects of their own shadows, which we all have, although many people refuse to consider that they may have something dark lurking in the depths of their own being and attribute its surfacing to other, external beings. This is why so many people fail to 'banish' such beings, because they are part of their own mind. People need to look at themselves first if they encounter something negative. The rising of subtle forces can have a disturbing effect on the mind even though there may be nothing evil about it, yet people assume that such disturbance are evil spirits trying to take control of them or lead them astray when in fact such things are opportunities for people to deal with aspects of themselves that are usually buried deep in their minds.
Old 25-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #56
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Hi marpat,

Actually they are not scared of jesus but the power that he represented, the same power that exists in all souls, the spirit.

Why is exorcism a false teaching just because it is not written in the bible? do you think that the bible refelects the entirity of the life of jesus, or everything that he could have possibly taught within his lifteime? the truth is that the new testament actually gives very little except lessons in faith and love.
Old 25-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #57
ragnarok
Banned

Quote:
I've noticed how there's a high concentration of people in this forum who suffer from one "mental illness" or another.

"It was them fucking bells that did for me!"
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #58
truthspoon
Banned

Zen meditation isn't so hard.... there's 'nothing' to it....

Boom-boom!