Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 07-12-2014, 03:56 AM   #1
bard

Default Esoteric Tolkien

Sauron is the Ahrimanic aspect of the Demiurge. The Demiurge is a cosmic
mechanism that brings the material world into existence, weaving its pattern
by copying archetypal images from the Divine Source and manifesting them into
the level of reality we normally experience. The Demiurge makes galaxies,
stars, planets. It makes your body too. The Ahrimanic aspect is the tendency
that binds you to the material realm and urges you to seek control over your
immediate environment.

The One Ring represents the mastery over Nature through Science and
Technology. The Ring serves its only true master (see above) and he does not
share power.

The Kingdom of Gondor stands for the human being. Gondor is attacked by the
forces of Mordor, the same way the human being is under assault by the forces
of darkness.

Orcs represent the bestial tendencies in the human being. Elves stand for our
spiritual impulses. Light is consciousness. Mindlessness is darkness.

The Hobbits stand for these tendencies in the human psyche that lead us to
long for simple life and close connection with Nature.

The Last Steward of Gondor (Denethor II) represents the human personality,
which is the product of one's social conditioning. The personality is a
loose network of behavioral programs that perform different functions (some
quite useful) but which unavoidably lead to a wrong idea of who one really
is. People take themselves too seriously - I am a scientist, a doctor, a
musician, a politician etc. No you are not. You have no clue who you really
are. One must sacrifice (make it passive) one's personality in order for real
spiritual development to take place. This way one's inborn essence can grow
and one can fulfill one's true destiny.
Notice that Denethor II commits suicide.

The two sons of the Steward - Boromir and Faramir represent two competing
tendencies in the human intellect. Boromir stands for the mechanistic part of
the intellectual center - that part that is based on dualistic thinking and
tendency to oversimplify things, a mode of seeing the world that is blind to deeper
connections that exist behind superficial appearances. The Greeks called it the lower
mind. This was encoded in the Apocalypse as 666 (obtained through gematria from he
phren in Greek). Boromir says "Let's use the Ring to fight the Dark Lord". It is not going
to work (see above). Men are weak.
Faramir represents the intuitive side of our intellectual capacity, the side
that is open to all possibilities and listens to the more noble influences of
the Cosmos. Notice that Faramir is not tempted by the ring and lets the
hobbits go.

Aragorn is the True Self, the Real-Deep-Down-You, the Atman. The final stage
of awakening of the human being is expressed as Return of the King. The
steward is gone, the rightful heir to the throne of Gondor has returned.

Arwen Undómiel is the Goddess, the Celestial Woman. The Terrestrial Woman is
just the vehicle through which we reach for the Divine.

Gandalf is the wise man, the teacher, the man who knows. His job is to take
you on an adventure. He is the initiator on the path of the Solar Hero.

Who is Gollum then? Gollum is the average man addicted to the luxuries
and conveniences that bind in chains our degenerate and doomed society. The man
who cannot imagine life without TV, laptop, iPod, Facebook or smart phone. That's the
man who is going to bring down the world. The mindless sheeple.

Quote:
'Precious, precious, precious!' Gollum cried. 'My Precious! O My Precious!'
And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize, he
stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink, and then with a
shriek he fell. Out of the depths came his wail Precious, and he was gone.
bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
indolering

Cool thread, bard. I recently watched the first two installments of The Hobbit. I've often wondered about the spiritual implications of the story and the characters, but could never quite put it all together as you have.

Thanks for sharing this - much food for thought....

indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
equinoxboy

Beautiful! Well thought out, Bard. Who is Tom Bombadil? I keep a four leafed clover as a bookmark to his chapter in my copy.

Love
equinoxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 AM   #4
bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinoxboy View Post
Who is Tom Bombadil?
To be honest, I have not put much thought into the Tom Bombadil character. I need to think about it.

But one character I omitted is Saruman. Saruman is the technocratic elite that runs our society. The scientific establishment has degenerated into an unaccountable oligarchy, who either engages in empty speculations, while wasting tax payers money (like hunting down the Higgs boson at CERN) or it works actively to support the dark agenda of the occult forces that have enslaved the world - torturing animals just to see what happens, developing weapons of mass destruction, surveilance technologies, GMOs, transhumanism etc. Notice that Saruman made the Uruk-hai by blending material from orcs and goblin men. Tolkien was on the ball long time ago.

Now - the dwarves. They represent the Artisans and the Craftsmen of the pre-industrial age. The men who could actually build something with their own hands and leave a trace of their soul in their creations. Modern man often cannot do anything of value - he just sits behind a computer all day long and pushes paperwork.
The dwarves do not get along with Elves, since they are still tightly bound to the chtonic forces of existence. The Luciferic impulse is foreign to their nature. But by and large they represent a positive creative force. They are just miniature copies of the Demiurge, minus his dominating controlling side.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 AM   #5
knowman
Inactive

Thumbs up Posting for future reference

I've just read The Hobbit (never seen the films) and I'm waiting (patiently ) for a copy of The Fellowship of the Ring at my local lending library.

I plan to come back and have a look at this after I've read the books haha but I probably won't end up doing that.
knowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #6
rebeccapark
Inactive

Tolkien was brilliant............so much wisdom. I reread LOTRs just last Xmas and was blown away but his insights. It is my favourite book of all time. It is very much about what we are experiencing now with the evil that the little folk are fighting......the people of the shire.
Also I love the whole idea of the rangers......the people on the borders watching out for the ordinary people so they could live their lives. I think many of us are these rangers.
Tolkien's work, so beautiful, so true, it makes me cry.
rebeccapark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
white light

Tolkein has said that the Elves represent artists. The first Orcs were corrupted Elves (like Hitler perhaps).

Tom Bombadil represents source, (or the enlightened soul in contact with source ?), the ring of power has no power over him. It is suggested that he is the oldest thing in Middle Earth, indeed perhaps older than Middle Earth itself and perhaps even the creator.

Faramir is tempted by the ring, as is everyone else in Middle Earth except Bombadil.

One of the interesting things I discovered on rereading the book is how the language changes as the book rolls along. It starts off in a familial, almost flowery way, but by the time the great deeds are being done toward the end of the book it's written in a spared down epic, almost Biblical or Greek myth kind of a way, "And thus it came to pass.......". The last chapters revert back to the familial style.

Also Tolkien said that there are mistakes in the book that he decided to leave in. I noticed a glaringly obvious one of these. At Bilbo's party near the beginning of the book it describes Gandalf's dragon firework "The dragon passed like an express train". It's almost like we as readers still have one foot in our own modern reality this early on in the book.

Last edited by white light; 08-12-2014 at 11:00 AM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #8
mo_123
Banned

Smaug =

7/7
mo_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
semper_occultus

...good OP....

"....Arwen Undómiel is the Goddess, the Celestial Woman..."

...I'd have gone for Galadriel...although the goddess was usually envisioned in tri-partite form - girl -woman - hag - which gives you Arwen, Galadriel and.......Shelob !?
semper_occultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
adam 7

News article may be of interest to you Tolkien fans.

Real-life 'Eye of Sauron' will open up over Moscow skyscraper tower
http://rt.com/news/212527-eye-sauron-moscow-scyscraper/
adam 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #11
bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by semper_occultus View Post
...I'd have gone for Galadriel...although the goddess was usually envisioned in tri-partite form - girl -woman - hag - which gives you Arwen, Galadriel and.......Shelob !?
Now, that you brought it up.....

The Goddess was represented in ancient times as a triune entity - Virgin, Lover and Mother.
These are the exact stages through which the Terrestrial Woman goes through her life's journey.
In Greek mythology, these three aspect were represented by, respectively,

1. Athena Parthenos (Virgin Athena)
2. Aphrodite
3. Hera

In the Judgment of Paris myth, the Trojan prince Paris selects the fairest one among the goddesses to be Aphrodite.
And thus he brings ruin upon his people.

Athena is typically characterized as a goddess of wisdom, but she is also the warrior goddess. Pure, untouchable,
born out of the head of Zeus fully developed, marvelous, powerful and devastating. Her corresponding figure in LOTR is
Eowyn - the warrior princess of the Rohirrim. It is she who kills the Witch-king of Angmar. He is no match for Kali.

Galadriel has very otherworldly appearance, she is like pure light. I see Agape and Philia in her, but no Eros. This makes her the Mother Goddess.
Arwen is then the Lover aspect of the Goddess.

In Christianity they blended together the Virgin and the Mother in the image of the Virgin Mary. The Lover was delegated to Mary Magdalene.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:57 AM   #12
knowman
Inactive

Question Tolkien said it's not allegorical

I couldn't help but make this point even though I wasn't going to (especially since I haven't completed the book yet). In the preface? or the introduction? Tolkien wrote that it's not allegorical or topical. Umm, just a little confused I guess?

I was up late last night reading about Frodo & co.'s adventures. Very evocative and also very funny! My opinion is it's more evocative than The Hobbit, the writing that is.

Love the hobbits' names e.g. Daddy Twofoot a k a "Dad", Farmer Maggot etc. This is an endless source of mirth for me. Just read about Frodo's "ridiculous" song in Bree (written by Bilbo) and falling off of the table at the inn. Chuckling to myself about it now. Great stuff and puts me in a better mood. Actually, just reading about hobbits' love of eating inspired me to eat a good meal last night. Roast chicken (I bought it, didn't cook the thing myself) and a delicious salad with balsamic vinegar, followed up by chocolate (fruit & nut) and Earl Grey tea. To eat properly is unusual for me these days and I'm not normally a tea-drinker.

Umm, sorry to go off on a tangent like that.
knowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #13
semper_occultus

...by allegory I think he was referring to simplistic "reading across" of the "War of the Ring" as some sort of re-creation of 20th Century events - eg Sauron = Hitler, the Ring = atomic weapons etc etc ....he was saying that LOTR wasn't like Animal Farm that was meant to represent the Russian Revolution...

LoTR was however a myth for England - I think he even felt he was re-discovering or recovering something lost when the Normans invaded Britain and deposed the pre-existing culture(s) ...and myths only work when they tap into the core elements / archetypes etc....its even more clear in the Silmarillion aswell....although that's not such a good adventure tale...
semper_occultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 02:48 AM   #14
bard

Here is another take on the story.
The lady who narrates these videos gives a Jungian perspective:

LOTR - The Myth of our time

1. Intro

https://vimeo.com/225307168

2. The Shire

https://vimeo.com/226300340

3. The Ring

https://vimeo.com/259926664

Here is her website:

http://llastrology-lotr.com/eowyn/

Enjoy!
Old 24-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #15
king octopus

I noticed a lot of things in Tolkien's books that seem to be very similar to the truths contained in the Nag Hammadi texts, specifically the Silmarillion when I read it.
For one when Illuvatar creates the universe he separates himself into differn't aspects of himself, then they all participate in making music. This music becomes the physical world of middle Earth.
When Melkor (Morgoth) attempts to alter the music, Illuvatar says that none may alter the music since it stems from the same source , Illuvatar himself and therefore is a part of him.
By describing the universe as being made with music, it's basically saying that the universe is vibration.
Melkor's theme is a constantly repeating theme, wherre Illuvatars is described as constantly changing or being of a wider variety,and the music of Illuvatar is made more beautiful by incorporating Melkor's theme into itself.
When Melkor rebels against Illuvatar and goes to Middle Earth to wage war with him he is accompanied by Maia of fire, also known as Balrogs. These creatures are described as spirits of fire and seem very similar to the beings of fire described in various texts like the Djinn, or Archons of smokeless fire.
Creatures created by Illuvatar have the sacred fire of the spirit of Illuvatar which Melkor cannot create himself. Therefore it is said that Melkor cannot create anything original himself, he can only twist and invert things that are already created by Illuvatar and that everything he makes he creates in mockery of Illuvatar.
There are Elves and men in Middle Earth and at certain points in history the 2 bloodlines intermarry. There is a country described as being halfway between heaven and Earth called Numenor where the men were part elf.
This country is corrupted by Sauron during the second age. He convinces the king to sail across the sea to the undying lands where they are forbidden to go and as punishment the gods turn Middle Earth from flat to round, causing Numenor to sink under the sea, similar to the city of Atlantis. This also causes Sauron to be drowned and loose his physical body so he may no longer take on fair forms or disguises in order to deceive men or elves and hide his true nature.
In the very begining age of the History of Middle Earth a great elf known as Feanor crafted 3 gems which trapped precious light from their 2 trees which were basically the sun and moon of that time period before they were destroyed and replaced with the Sun and Moon of present.
These gems were captured by Melkor (Morgoth) and eventually recovered and when they were they were each hidden someplace where they could not be stolen again. 2 were placed into the elements of the Earth, 1 into a fiery pit and 1 into the sea. The first one recovered was set as a star in to sky and is supposed to represent Venus. Which is probably the prettiest star in the night sky, it definitely has a very bright and unique light which is probably what Tolkien was trying to represent with this story.
These are just some of the correlations that I instantly noticed while reading the Silmarillion . In my opinion Tolkien had some understading of the underlying truth of reality or he chanelled truth through his creative imagination as David described in his books.I'm sure that there are many other parts of the story that are symbolic and correlate to other truths but I've always been stricken by just how much truth is incorporated into the creation of Middle Earth as told in the Silmarillion. I know David mentions in one of his books that Tolkien had revealed many truths through his LOTR series but I've always wondered how much other people have been able to connect to the information that David has been connecting in his works.
king octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #16
Sabrina
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bard View Post
To be honest, I have not put much thought into the Tom Bombadil character. I need to think about it.

But one character I omitted is Saruman. Saruman is the technocratic elite that runs our society. The scientific establishment has degenerated into an unaccountable oligarchy, who either engages in empty speculations, while wasting tax payers money (like hunting down the Higgs boson at CERN) or it works actively to support the dark agenda of the occult forces that have enslaved the world - torturing animals just to see what happens, developing weapons of mass destruction, surveilance technologies, GMOs, transhumanism etc. Notice that Saruman made the Uruk-hai by blending material from orcs and goblin men. Tolkien was on the ball long time ago.

Now - the dwarves. They represent the Artisans and the Craftsmen of the pre-industrial age. The men who could actually build something with their own hands and leave a trace of their soul in their creations. Modern man often cannot do anything of value - he just sits behind a computer all day long and pushes paperwork.
The dwarves do not get along with Elves, since they are still tightly bound to the chtonic forces of existence. The Luciferic impulse is foreign to their nature. But by and large they represent a positive creative force. They are just miniature copies of the Demiurge, minus his dominating controlling side.
If you write a book on this or know of one I'd read it - I like reading the meanings behind books as much as the books...
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #17
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by king octopus View Post
I'm sure that there are many other parts of the story that are symbolic and correlate to other truths but I've always been stricken by just how much truth is incorporated into the creation of Middle Earth as told in the Silmarillion. I know David mentions in one of his books that Tolkien had revealed many truths through his LOTR series but I've always wondered how much other people have been able to connect to the information that David has been connecting in his works.
very possible

tolkien was a member of the freemasonic 'ancient order of free gardeners'

freemasonic lore has told of the 9 knights templar knights who travelled to the levant and set up camp on temple mount where they then dug under the mount and are said to have found certain treasures left by the priests who fled the temple when the romans sacked it in 70AD

certainly in history it is common for people to bury things in times of trouble and copper scrolls were used to record where items had been buried. These were likely passed down within those templar families

Tolkein of course then writes about a fellowship of 9 that goes on an adventure...

You mentioned saruman and his name possibly comes from the persian devil Ahriman which was the dualistic evil in zoroastrian beliefs

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2018 at 09:43 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote