Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #41
jikwan
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: between nothingness and eternity
Posts: 3,127
Likes: 786 (500 Posts)
Default

every moment of your life can be a meditation
i dare say 95%+ of the worldly people on this planet do not/have not
practiced any kind of meditation
they abide in ignorance, stupidity and unawareness
jikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #42
artardfiesta
Senior Member
 
artardfiesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,754
Likes: 26 (10 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirsty4 View Post
That is pretty much it.

What poses as spirituality seems like multi level marketing and or an ego driven desire to see yourself as being above those you believe to be less evolved.
well that isn't limited to mainstream spirituality.

happens a lot in truther movement too. HOw many times will we in disgust resort to calling people sheep or brain washed idiots out of frustration for them not seeing our point? I am guilty of it as well especially when arguing with statists and fascists. But we have to keep in mind that at one stage when we were unconscious we were like that as well. This i'm trying to be mindful of now.
artardfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #43
artardfiesta
Senior Member
 
artardfiesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,754
Likes: 26 (10 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikwan View Post
every moment of your life can be a meditation
i dare say 95%+ of the worldly people on this planet do not/have not
practiced any kind of meditation
they abide in ignorance, stupidity and unawareness
I believe it is the hermetic tradition that said the true age of a person is the amount of time they managed to stay present in their entire lives. It is believed that for most this number is less then a year. Hence why humanity is a spiritual infant.
artardfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #44
jikwan
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: between nothingness and eternity
Posts: 3,127
Likes: 786 (500 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artardfiesta View Post
I believe it is the hermetic tradition that said the true age of a person is the amount of time they managed to stay present in their entire lives. It is believed that for most this number is less then a year. Hence why humanity is a spiritual infant.
a spiritual infant! exactly.
but being present/total letting go is the most difficult thing in the world
i believe its the highest practice. a lot of people can do it----for a few
seconds/minutes. very demanding and largely it is pure endurance and
sometimes it might be a good idea not to do it--maybe something easier
to get rid of some extreme states
jikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #45
hound_of_sound
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 558
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa View Post
Interesting thread and I've started to wonder about the safety of meditation
at these times. The NHS is pushing Mindfulness as a valid treatment for all sorts of medcial conditions. But I dont trust the NHS.

Emptying your mind might leave people vulnerable to attack?
The boundaries of our world have become weakend and confused, so is meditation safe?
I would say stilling the mind as I don't think it can ever really be empty
hound_of_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #46
hound_of_sound
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 558
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artardfiesta View Post
well that isn't limited to mainstream spirituality.

happens a lot in truther movement too. HOw many times will we in disgust resort to calling people sheep or brain washed idiots out of frustration for them not seeing our point? I am guilty of it as well especially when arguing with statists and fascists. But we have to keep in mind that at one stage when we were unconscious we were like that as well. This i'm trying to be mindful of now.
For some people its more of a power trip I think rather than an act of frustration.

At the end of the day people have to accept that not everybody will agree with each other and that is their right.
hound_of_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #47
artardfiesta
Senior Member
 
artardfiesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,754
Likes: 26 (10 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikwan View Post
a spiritual infant! exactly.
but being present/total letting go is the most difficult thing in the world
i believe its the highest practice. a lot of people can do it----for a few
seconds/minutes. very demanding and largely it is pure endurance and
sometimes it might be a good idea not to do it--maybe something easier
to get rid of some extreme states
it is difficult. I see it as a muscle you have to build up. Definitely not something you can do overnight or in the span of a 3 month course. But definitely something that everyone should be focused on building instead of giving their energy to pursuits of money, sex or following keeping up with the kardashians
artardfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #48
jikwan
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: between nothingness and eternity
Posts: 3,127
Likes: 786 (500 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artardfiesta View Post
it is difficult. I see it as a muscle you have to build up. Definitely not something you can do overnight or in the span of a 3 month course. But definitely something that everyone should be focused on building instead of giving their energy to pursuits of money, sex or following keeping up with the kardashians
thats exactly it---building a muscle-a spiritual muscle. 3 month retreats are
definitely the way to go if youre serious. in korea it is said that theres 40
real practice monasteries in the country---deadly serious places. the smmer
retreat is 3 months every day no break. winter retreat the same 3 months
get up about 3am and theres at least 12hrs of sitting and walking mandatory
practice wiyh a bit of chanting also. ive done 5 of those retreats. its the very
best thing you can do with your life
but even 1hr practice is good---much better than nothing
jikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 12:53 PM   #49
elshaper
Senior Member
 
elshaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 23,598
Likes: 4,410 (2,932 Posts)
Default

Meditating on 'necessary evil'

What do y'all think of this?
__________________
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #50
fudgetusk
Senior Member
 
fudgetusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,176
Likes: 884 (617 Posts)
Default

Meditation: looking for the milky teat of God to get away from reality. Get your dose of God's love drugs folks so you can pretend you are doing something to help the world.

And a report in NEW SCIENTIST magazine says it damages certain parts of your brain dealing with spatial awareness.
__________________
https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=317483

The connection between Icke and 9/11
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.