Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 03-07-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
ownoiz
Banned

Default Hyperlinking the RIGHT WAY - MAKE THEM COUNT!!!

1.) LINKING TO PAGES ON TRUTH SITES

Linking to pages on this and other truth sites and articles with the full URL is also not as effective at making THE SITES RANK HIGHER ON GOOGLE AND OTHER SEARCH ENGINES than using relevant anchor text instead, so use anchor text where possible instead of pasting the URL...example...

Check out this article about Chemtrails : http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12128

The above example is not as effective as this example

Check out this article about Chemtrails

The second example will make this forum RANK HIGHER ON SEARCH ENGINES when someone searches "Chemtrails" so it is worth the extra effort to embed the hyperlink in the relevant anchor text of your choice.

Whether it be LINKS WITHIN THIS FORUM linking one post to another, or other websites where you place a link to this site, either will increase search engine rank especially the second option (incoming links from other/different sites, forums, webpages and blogs)

2.) LINKING OUT TO MSM PAGES, NEWSPAPERS ETC

This is a whole other story...we do not want to 'Pimp' their sites, we want the truth sites (here) where the articles are being disseminated and discussed to get pushed higher...we dont want MSM pages getting more ranking 'juice' or 'googlejuice' as its known ( technical term ) and pushing the sites we want up there off the page.

So IN THESE SITUATIONS disregard using anchor text to link to MSM articles...for example if i want to link to Rupert Murdochs newspaper article for a thread here where we will then be discussing the story...in the thread i just paste the URL like this...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-23109,00.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------

THERE ARE MANY MANY OF US LINKING TO OTHER PAGES ON THIS AND OTHER TRUTH FORUMS...IF WE ALL FOLLOWED THESE SIMPLE STEPS...with keywords like Carbon Tax, Obama, Federal Reserve and so on, instead of just pasting the URL...then some of these pages will begin to appear in search results when ordinary folk search Carbon Tax, Obama, Federal Reserve and so on.

The more we link to this forum from other sites, the higher the items of topic will rank on search engines, if we use the correct words as the link text...

So if and when you link to articles on this site and other truth sites, use keywords in your anchor text people

Remember again, the "anchor text" is/are the words which are the actual hyperlink...

Another example, if you want to link to the 'icke 9/11 forum' ...

Click Here to learn more about the truth behind 9/11 WRONG

Click Here to learn more about the truth behind 9/11 CORRECT

The top incorrect example will give ranking 'juice' to the 'icke 9/11 forum' when the words "click here" are typed into search engines. We dont want that.

This is why pages for Adobe, Microsoft and apple downloads rank at the top when you put "click here" in search engines..because everybody puts something like this on their site...To download the latest version of Adobe click here

The second example will result in the 'icke 9/11 forum' ranking HIGHER when ther words "9/11" are typed into search engine. This is how to get more visitors.

We need to link to the intended article WITH THE WORDS PEOPLE WOULD TYPE INTO SEARCH ENGINES, but they must be relevant to the article/site and THE SAME WORDS must be in the article or site at least somewhere..or search engines will ignore it, their algorithms are complex

They do this so you cant SPAM and get sites to rank with unrelated but popular search terms...for example if you link to this forum with the popular search term "sex" because you assume millions of people search "sex" using Google, it wont do anything to boost this sites rankings or return a result for "sex" , Google is too clever the algorithms figure it out.

We can ALL make a difference, every incoming link using a wide variety of keywords relevant to the topics we want to promote adds up.
ownoiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
ownoiz
Banned

To make a hyperlink using anchor text on this forum

1. just type out the word(s) you want as the anchor, for example...

Carbon Tax

2. Next, use your mouse to 'cut or copy' the URL from the desired destination...then just go back to the text above AND HIGHLIGHT/SELECT IT WITH YOUR MOUSE...

3. Then, with the words now highlighted, just click on this icon in the posting tools above

Then the pop up will promt you for a URL, since you already copied it in step 2, just press paste and OK.

You are done.

OR

Just copy this code from here and insert your words and URL

HTML Code:
[URL="http://WHATEVER.COM"]Your Anchor Text[/URL]
and if you want to change the color just add the color command...

HTML Code:
[URL="http://WHATEVER.COM"][COLOR="Blue"]Your Anchor Text[/COLOR][/URL]
Old 03-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
ownoiz
Banned

If any mods are reading this, i really believe this post/info should be a sticky here (and there arent too many in this category so it wouldnt be that cluttered )

It is well documented and researched Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) info and it works.

It can make a big difference to search engine rankings and hence incoming visitor traffic for this site and other truth sites.

regards.

Last edited by ownoiz; 03-07-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
runciter
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownoiz View Post
If any mods are reading this, i really believe this post/info should be a sticky here
agreed

and this forum section should be transferred between general and 9/11 imo.

i'm a shameless plagiarist, this idea is not mine:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70950
runciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
dancing_with_durga

Thanks ownoiz - excellent advice! I'll link to this page in my future posts!

Edit: Even better - made it my sig!

Please click on this link: Hyperlinking the RIGHT WAY - MAKE THEM COUNT!!!

Thanks.

Last edited by dancing_with_durga; 04-07-2009 at 09:28 AM.
dancing_with_durga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:11 AM   #6
ownoiz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing_with_durga View Post
Thanks ownoiz - excellent advice! I'll link to this page in my future posts!

Edit: Even better - made it my sig!

Old 06-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #7
lizzy

I will endevour to learn new pc skills, thanks for the tutorial above ownioz.

Mods please make this a sticky.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #8
deca

thanks for the info
It would also appear possible to create high fidelity speech in the human body, raising the possibility of covert suggestion and psychological direction...Thus, it may be possible to 'talk' to selected adversaries in a fashion that would be most disturbing to them."
United States Air Force Scientific Advisory Board, New World Vistas: Air and Space Power For The 21st Century
find out more website ==> https://decasfoxhole.wordpress.com/
deca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
bobbydiva

Very true, the search engines run on keyword juice and backlinks. If you are linking to "their" sites in html, use the rel="nofollow" tag and google will not count it.

Latest Article:
Why the Virginia Shooting ISN'T a Hoax!
bobbydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
To make a hyperlink using anchor text on this forum

1. just type out the word(s) you want as the anchor, for example...

Carbon Tax

2. Next, use your mouse to 'cut or copy' the URL from the desired destination...then just go back to the text above AND HIGHLIGHT/SELECT IT WITH YOUR MOUSE...

3. Then, with the words now highlighted, just click on this icon in the posting tools above

Then the pop up will promt you for a URL, since you already copied it in step 2, just press paste and OK.

You are done.

OR

Just copy this code from here and insert your words and URL

HTML Code:
[URL="http://WHATEVER.COM"]Your Anchor Text[/URL]
and if you want to change the color just add the color command...

HTML Code:
[URL="http://WHATEVER.COM"][COLOR="Blue"]Your Anchor Text[/COLOR][/URL]
Cheers popeye, i always wondered how it was done :-)
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
bardofely

Thank you for the info - I didn't realise this!
bardofely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
samsonnait

[URL="http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-dog-pictures-adopted-pug-thanks-you.jpg"]thanx/URL]

edit;
oeh i feel stupid second try

thanx

Last edited by samsonnait; 24-08-2009 at 03:59 PM.
samsonnait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #13
ritchs

Smile Definitely a 'sticky' topic

A really excellent thread! People talk about activism, spreading the word, printing up flyers. This is a most effective way to spread the truth and hasten the awakening. If enough people did this, we could, each of us, in our small way, cause things to snowball! Nice post ownoiz!
ritchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
lake2348

Popeye, this may be an inappropriate thread to ask this question...but I'll do it anyway.
When there's a video link...I get a blank white box with only a "close" option in the upper right corner, and the background is the faded page. I apparently don't have the correct program. Please advise. what to I need to download? Thanks.
lake2348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #15
ownoiz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake2348 View Post
Popeye, this may be an inappropriate thread to ask this question...but I'll do it anyway.
When there's a video link...I get a blank white box with only a "close" option in the upper right corner, and the background is the faded page. I apparently don't have the correct program. Please advise. what to I need to download? Thanks.
Dont know for sure what your problem is, maybe you dont have your javascript turned on, or adoble flash player installed....so 'they' cant spy on your computer as much lol but the downside is the videos may not work.

There are so many different browsers and operating systems you havent said what your computer is running. Are videos on youtube.com not working for you, or is it just the videos embedded here in posts?

Try youtube help page for your application http://www.google.com/support/youtub...n&answer=56115
Old 09-09-2009, 02:20 AM   #16
lake2348

Quote:
Dont know for sure what your problem is, maybe you dont have your javascript turned on, or adoble flash player installed....so 'they' cant spy on your computer as much lol but the downside is the videos may not work.

There are so many different browsers and operating systems you havent said what your computer is running. Are videos on youtube.com not working for you, or is it just the videos embedded here in posts?

Try youtube help page for your application http://www.google.com/support/youtub...n&answer=56115
OK, thanks, I downloaded both Javascript and adobe flash player and restarted. I use Firefox and Windows XP. Still can't access the videos on this site. This site only. Have good UTube. What's the deal? Appreciate your help.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #17
lake2348

Quote:

OK, thanks, I downloaded both Javascript and adobe flash player and restarted. I use Firefox and Windows XP. Still can't access the videos on this site. This site only. Have good UTube. What's the deal? Appreciate your help.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #18
ownoiz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake2348 View Post
Still can't access the videos on this site. This site only. Have good UTube. What's the deal?
I dont know. But if u tube works and you really want to watch the vid all i can suggest is press quote reply to the post that has the vid you want to watch, so you get this on your screen in the reply box.

HTML Code:
[QUOTE=lewi;1258048][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uREsEjJItqw[/url][/QUOTE]
This will give you the correct url for the video.

Then just cut the url thats between the media tags and paste it into a new window so you can watch it on u tube or wherever else its hosted.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #19
lake2348

Quote:
I dont know. But if u tube works and you really want to watch the vid all i can suggest is press quote reply to the post that has the vid you want to watch, so you get this on your screen in the reply box.

This will give you the correct url for the video.

Then just cut the url thats between the media tags and paste it into a new window so you can watch it on u tube or wherever else its hosted.
Wow, success, thanks so much O
Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #20
boots
Banned

Good stuff ownioz.

That will certainly help with getting more exposure to this site.

boots is offline   Reply With Quote