Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
the1andonly

Default Hip Hop Legend Lowkey Returns!

Just a quick post, UK legend hip hop makes his long awaited return with a new song called "Sell your soul"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3ZZd4B5wo
the1andonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
huddy

happy hip hop
See what we call "God & Infinity" as the Ocean. What we call us or them or everything as a Drop of Water. And what we see when we observe a wave reaching the beach and flowing back as the same as "Life & Death", current & past life - it´s an Illusion!

We are ALL One ~ for Eternity.
Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.
huddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
thenosferatu
Inactive

legend?

first release was in 2003?

anyone who wasnt making hip hop in the 80's is not a hip hop legend.
thenosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenosferatu View Post
legend?

You forgot to add 'IMO'
"Its plain to see that the seeds from you and me, will be the ones that lead us towards unity, that's if we treat them right, must teach them right, raise your kids better than you was and see what it does" EDI - Outlawz
wakeup2nwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1andonly View Post
Just a quick post, UK legend hip hop makes his long awaited return with a new song called "Sell your soul"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3ZZd4B5wo
I've not heard this song before but are you sure its a new one and not an old unreleased one?
"Its plain to see that the seeds from you and me, will be the ones that lead us towards unity, that's if we treat them right, must teach them right, raise your kids better than you was and see what it does" EDI - Outlawz
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
colinpoll
Banned

Quote:
legend?

He said UK legend. I still disagree that Lowkey is legend status, but a lot of our legends are from the late 90s and early 2000s, like Task Force, they're legends. As important as London Posse, Demon Boyz and Gunshot, can't think of much more from the 80s.

Oh and a lot of US legends are mid 90s like Wu Tang. They're pretty much as legendary as Kool G Rap, Kool Keith, Masta Ace, Rakim and KRSONE imo.
colinpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpoll View Post
He said UK legend. I still disagree that Lowkey is legend status, but a lot of our legends are from the late 90s and early 2000s, like Task Force, they're legends. As important as London Posse, Demon Boyz and Gunshot, can't think of much more from the 80s.

Oh and a lot of US legends are mid 90s like Wu Tang. They're pretty much as legendary as Kool G Rap, Kool Keith, Masta Ace, Rakim and KRSONE imo.
how could you forget the legendary Tupac Shakur
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
colinpoll
Banned

He's easily forgettable mate, not many hip-hop heads see him as a legend, most see him as a bit fake. Industry puppet.

Where as Wu Tang are legends for the way they kicked the doors down and brought some of the grimiest emcees in New York with them like Sunz of Man, Killarmy etc
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
He's easily forgettable mate, not many hip-hop heads see him as a legend, most see him as a bit fake. Industry puppet.

Where as Wu Tang are legends for the way they kicked the doors down and brought some of the grimiest emcees in New York with them like Sunz of Man, Killarmy etc
Wu where manufactured, put together in a group by some ritch white ceo, a groupe of people they didn't even know.

Yet 2pac and the outlaws where family and close friends.

The wu wasn't saying anything in their music that was a threat to the establishment, unlike tupac who exposed the fake industry rappers like bad boy and dre.

The wu where just rapping, PAC took it to the next level and used his music to spark people's brains about the illusion they live in.

He was a revolutionary before he became famous. His mother and step father where high ranked in the black panthers. The list goes on and on.

But hay. Everyone intitled to their opinion.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
colinpoll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeup2nwo View Post
Wu where manufactured, put together in a group by some ritch white ceo, a groupe of people they didn't even know.

Yet 2pac and the outlaws where family and close friends.

The wu wasn't saying anything in their music that was a threat to the establishment, unlike tupac who exposed the fake industry rappers like bad boy and dre.

The wu where just rapping, PAC took it to the next level and used his music to spark people's brains about the illusion they live in.

He was a revolutionary before he became famous. His mother and step father where high ranked in the black panthers. The list goes on and on.

But hay. Everyone intitled to their opinion.
Wu Tang were friends and family dotted about NY, RZA, GZA and ODB (cousins) put the group together. Like i said they brought Sunz of Man and Killarmy with them. The clan was modeled to be the mainstream team, and sunz + army were the street team (Wu Fam). The Wu did not just 'rap', they preached 5 percenter knowledge and were always anti-illuminati.

2pac was for the most part on Dre's side, they had a little 'beef' later on though. It's nothing well known. 2pac was also a ballet dancer growing up in NY. He went to prison, claimed that prisoners were telling him about the illuminati and said that they're wrong and he didnt believe there was an illuminati. That's what killuminati is, kill the illuminati talk because it's not real.

To sum it up, what songs did pac make that are really full of knowledge? I don't think he was a very good rapper for a start, but most of all what did he really say? I mean compared to something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLPBGN5698g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1230D3u2uWE

Wu Tang tracks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D73k4Zea59A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvKH-NFlqw

Last edited by colinpoll; 02-12-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
robdoo

Quote:

Saying that Tupac is easily forgettable is a ridiculous statement, even now over 17 years after his death people still talk about him and adore his music. Tupac crossed boundaries between hip hop and popular culture and his music had a positive message.

I like the Music you posted from Sunz of man, basically admitting their internal battle with demons and satan. It shows how messed up those guys were.

Last edited by robdoo; 07-12-2013 at 06:59 PM.
robdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
colinpoll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdoo View Post
Saying that Tupac is easily forgettable is a ridiculous statement, even now over 17 years after his death people still talk about him and adore his music. Tupac crossed boundaries between hip hop and popular culture and his music had a positive message.

I like the Music you posted from Sunz of man, basically admitting their internal battle with demons and satan. It shows how messed up those guys were.
I just think 2pac is pushed by the mainstream more because he and Big were in the midldle of the whole east vs west coast beef and they ended up being killed. There's a lot of strange occurrences surrounding his death. If he just faded away and quit he not be known as one of the goats, he was good, but he's not top ten of all time material and i'd like to see lesser known people get their dues.

That first Sunz of Man album, The First Testament is very good. Really dark stuff. From that group i'd also recommend the works of Killah Priest and Shabbazz The Disciple
Old 09-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
slimithy

Quote:
legend?

There were 2 legends in the 90s. One was killed by TPTB, the other a revenge killing for the first. But then again they did start in the 80s.

Last edited by slimithy; 09-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.
slimithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
colinpoll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimithy View Post
There were 2 legends in the 90s. One was killed by TPTB, the other a revenge killing for the first. But then again they did start in the 80s.
You just like their mainstream persona. You think they're legends because MTV told you so. They didn't start anti illuminati trends in hip-hop and they didn't produce the best hip-hop music of the 90s. Actually i could probably name 20 albums that were better than anything Pac and Big produced. Big Pun was a FAR superior rapper.

Last edited by colinpoll; 09-12-2013 at 05:34 PM.