Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 10-01-2017, 12:26 AM   #21
decim

Talking

I raise your chips.

Roast potatoes with mint sauce gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
Listen up boys and girls.

One word.

CHIPS!

Nuff sed
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:37 AM   #22
hellen19

I think I'll start to grow some potatoes in my garden. That's one of my farvorite foods. I eat potato snacks almost everyday.
It's so great to eat potatoes grown by my self.
hellen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #23
cosmic tramp

It has been scientifically proven that crinkle cut chips are healthier than their straight cut counterparts, the corrugated crenelations uponst the deep fried potato baton allowing freer movement and consequently less absorption of hot oil whilst frying. Also, potatoes need not necessarily be peeled prior to chipping as most of the vitamin C resides directly under the potato skin.

Wetherspoons pub & restaurant chain serve 84 million chips to customers every month from their 1,000 outlets, making them one of the largest vendors of chips in the UK.

Global potato production stands at an annual 368 million tonnes, with China leading the way at 88.9 million tonnes per year. Green potatoes do contain toxic Glyconoids which were used to murderous effect by Dr Crippen upon his wife. Green potatoes should always be discarded

The world's only dedicated Chip Museum is to be found in Belgium, here is their complete history of the chip and the many characters who contributed towards its evolution:

http://www.frietmuseum.be/en/history.htm

Interesting Fish'n'chip shop facts and figures: 22,000 people visit a UK fish and chip shop every week, serving 382 million portions of chish and fips every year, putting £1.2 Billion pounds into the national economy. 10% of all UK potatoes and 25% of all white fish are sold through one of UK's 10,500 fish and chip shops. This number was much higher in the 1930's - closer to 35,000, yet competition from other fast food outlets caused closures. Regardless of this, the traditional UK fish and chip shop still vastly outnumbers UK McDonalds outlets (1,200) and KFC (840) outlets. The first London fish and chip shop was opened by Joseph Malin in 1860 and Charles Dickens makes mention of a fried fish warehouse in Oliver Twist in 1838. In "The Road to Wigan Pier" George Orwell describes fish and chips as a panacea for the working classes.

Peru boasts 4,000 different species of potato.

For those wishing to explore further the world of the tuber, here is the website of the Official UK Potato Council and keep up to date with latest potato trends, facts and figures with their Potato Weekly bulletin:

http://www.potatoes.ahdb.org.uk/

Interesting video on here regarding biofumigation for potato pest control by crushing a crop of adjacent Indian Mustard plants and spraying the potatoes with the ensuant glucosinates which emanate from the crushed mustard crop - no chemicals in sight.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 15-01-2017 at 10:41 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #24
cosmic tramp

Tea time bump.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #25
tom bombadil

Are you feeling peckish.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #26
roastpotatoes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellen19 View Post
I think I'll start to grow some potatoes in my garden. That's one of my farvorite foods. I eat potato snacks almost everyday.
It's so great to eat potatoes grown by my self.
I love potatoes, that's why I chose my user name.

Home-made chips, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, sauteed potatoes and most definitely roast potatoes!

The best way to make roast potatoes is to boil them first, but not so they get soggy. After draining them, fluff the outsides with a fork and then sprinkle sea salt over them and pop them into a very hot oven.

Voila!

Tut, tut ... these haven't been "fluffed"

Last edited by roastpotatoes; 12-01-2017 at 07:53 PM.
roastpotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #27
tinfoil hat

New potatoes (the ones in a tin) boiled, then cooled, then sliced, then fried are the best.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
bamboozooka

mashed potato is my weakness. i'm gonna grow a couple of buckets of potatoes this year after watching those clips.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #29
fuhquitz

I haven't on for ages, but regularly lurk... but this, the King of all posts, persuaded me to log in!

Love potatoes and have an understanding wife. We have crushed potatoes with leek, cheese and onion mash, wedges of all flavours, chips, dauphinoise, creamy cheesy herby stuffed bakers, plain boiled the list goes on... but not forgetting roasters.

Taddy heaven, hungry now, lol
fuhquitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 09:36 PM   #30
cosmic tramp

I do have rather a penchant for croquette potatoes , though potatoes Dauphinoise would be my primary potato of choice.
Old 13-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #31
tamlinn

I would love to do this, but the one thing you have to watch out for is what containers you use. Potatoes will absorb chemicals in plastic, and I have yet to think of anything else that is safe to use.
tamlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 10:34 PM   #32
mollymag4

Would metal buckets be safe? How about large clay pots?
mollymag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #33
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamlinn View Post
I would love to do this, but the one thing you have to watch out for is what containers you use. Potatoes will absorb chemicals in plastic, and I have yet to think of anything else that is safe to use.
You could actually use cardboard boxes. As cardboard rots with rain, roots will poke through. I do the same with smaller plants in old cardboard egg boxes.
Old 13-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #34
tamlinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
You could actually use cardboard boxes. As cardboard rots with rain, roots will poke through. I do the same with smaller plants in old cardboard egg boxes.
Good idea! I have some boxes saved up so I will give this a try this summer. Now the only problem to solve is getting the soil.
Old 13-01-2017, 11:01 PM   #35
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamlinn View Post
Good idea! I have some boxes saved up so I will give this a try this summer. Now the only problem to solve is getting the soil.
You need a compost bin. Starting tomorrow : All your your fruit & veg peelings, egg shells, dead flowers, organic kitchen waste: tea leaves, coffee grounds, leaves, stale beer (even uneaten popcorn). Each and every day. Like bank deposits & magic ingredient: half a kilo of live worms ( available for purchase at angling shops). Six months from now, you'll have the richest organic garden compost, the envy of any garden centre.

No fish, meat or dairy waste though.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 14-01-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 14-01-2017, 01:46 AM   #36
tamlinn

I will do that, starting right away!
Old 14-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #37
polyhedron
Premier Subscribers

Charlotte potatoes are pretty good. King Edward potatoes good too. I guess King Edward must have thought so.
polyhedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #38
cosmic tramp

In Poland barbecues are very popular and raw potatoes were simply placed in the middle of and under the fire, and you just forget about them . Couple of hours later, when everyone's sick of eating charred meat, they come out perfectly, evenly done somehow. They have a special taste too...bit of good old smokey gritty wood ash on the crispy skins...mniam mniam ( Polish for yum yum).

Poland, of course, has always had a close relationship with potatoes, distilling them into 40% proof Polish Vodka since 1405.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 14-01-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 14-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #39
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
In Poland barbecues are very popular and raw potatoes were simply placed in the middle of and under the fire, and you just forget about them . Couple of hours later, when everyone's sick of eating charred meat, they come out perfectly, evenly done somehow. They have a special taste too...bit of good old smokey gritty wood ash on the crispy skins...mniam mniam ( Polish for yum yum).

Poland, of course, has always had a close relationship with potatoes, distilling them into 40% proof Polish Vodka since 1405.
Don't forget a knob of butter. corrr. D
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #40
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Don't forget a knob of butter. corrr. D
Polish butter too ? Now yer talkin'. Tastes like vanilla ice cream. If you haven't tried real Polish creamery butter from a Polski Sklep then do so. It is addictive...all organic too.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 14-01-2017 at 04:30 PM.