Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
infinityandlove
Inactive

Default My thoughts on the US

I was on holiday for just over two weeks in the states.

i went to NY, D.C. , Disney World and Los Angeles

Here are my thoughts on each

NY - the buzz is electric, however if you're a shopaholic, it will be paradise for you. NY is just money, money, money. Still i like the fast paced lifestyle. Central Park was nice, and the helicopter ride we took over manhattan was a highlight.

D.C. - some nice history there, but definetly has some weird energy as well. Affected my dream state in a not too pleasant way. Only time in two weeks that happened.

Disneyworld (Florida) - Extremely family friendly which is delightful, and very plesant environment, but it's too big, and little important details get left out. I was there in 1994 and was a dream. Going back, a big disappointment.

Los Angeles - Probably the most overrated city in the world. Even the actors/actresses etc. houses are mediocre to houses we have here in south africa. It's also very dirty and rundown.

Apart from JFK, the airports are a mess. SA airports are so well run, and US airports are a joke.

America has been made to be only about money and hype. It can really be an exceptional country, but it's been created to such a mediocre state of affairs that it's no wonder the world is not impressed by the USA.

All in all, still an enjoyable holiday though

Last edited by infinityandlove; 11-10-2012 at 04:31 PM.
infinityandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
grasshopper

my tax accountant was in LA lately and he was a bit shocked about it

he said the shops on sunset boulevard are mostly closed cause of criminality and you have to make appointments when you want to shop there

Last edited by grasshopper; 11-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.
grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
kappy0405

..shouldve come to Chicago. The rest of the country is overrated.

=Thesis & Anti-Thesis: Don't pick a side!! Don't fall for it!!
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
infinityandlove
Inactive

Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityandlove View Post
I was on holiday for just over two weeks in the states.

i went to NY, D.C. , Disney World and Los Angeles

Here are my thoughts on each

NY - the buzz is electric, however if you're a shopaholic, it will be paradise for you. NY is just money, money, money. Still i like the fast paced lifestyle. Central Park was nice, and the helicopter ride we took over manhattan was a highlight.

D.C. - some nice history there, but definetly has some weird energy as well. Affected my dream state in a not too pleasant way. Only time in two weeks that happened.

Disneyworld (Florida) - Extremely family friendly which is delightful, and very plesant environment, but it's too big, and little important details get left out. I was there in 1994 and was a dream. Going back, a big disappointment.

Los Angeles - Probably the most overrated city in the world. Even the actors/actresses etc. houses are mediocre to houses we have here in south africa. It's also very dirty and rundown.

Apart from JFK, the airports are a mess. SA airports are so well run, and US airports are a joke.

America has been made to be only about money and hype. It can really be an exceptional country, but it's been created to such a mediocre state of affairs that it's no wonder the world is not impressed by the USA.

All in all, still an enjoyable holiday though
Always interesting to hear someone's opinion.

I live in California andd have been to all of the above places quite a few times.

NY-can't stand it. Don't care for the people.

DC-I always get a horrible vibe there. In the center you have some of the richest and most corrupt people in the US, surrounded by ghettos full of hate.

Disneyworld-seems fake compared to Disneyland, which is an odd thing to say. Still, one of the best run amusement parks in the world. Just wish the food was edible.

LA-The city itself is a pig sty. What makes LA enjoyable is what the area as a whole offers. It takes time to know LA. It has many superb, unique and reasonably priced restaurants. Many unusual and interesting shops and museums, such as La Brea tar pits. The center of the vegan movement in the US is in LA, with more vegan restaurants than you can imagine. Great health food stores. Great farmers markets such as the Wednesday Santa Monica market and the Sunday Hollywood market. The LA County Arboretum and Huntigton Gardens are awesome. The best Asian grocery stores are superb. Walking along some of the beach boardwalks is as entertaining a human spectacle as you will see anywhere in the world.

NY, Chicago and San Francisco are highly overrated. Texas is boring. New Orleans is horrible.

Next time, think about visiting Seattle, Portland, Lake Tahoe, Sedona, Santa Fe, Denver, Telluride, Moab, or even Salt Lake City in the winter.
tenzingnorgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #6
the tealady
Forum Advisor

My daughter just phoned from Los Angeles. She has been in hospital from getting severe food poisoning in Las Vegas.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpixie View Post
My daughter just phoned from Los Angeles. She has been in hospital from getting severe food poisoning in Las Vegas.

Best wishes to your daughter.

Las Vegas is a very bizarre place......
tenzingnorgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #8
grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post

I live in California andd have been to all of the above places quite a few times.

DC-I always get a horrible vibe there. In the center you have some of the richest and most corrupt people in the US, surrounded by ghettos full of hate.

Disneyworld-seems fake compared to Disneyland, which is an odd thing to say. Still, one of the best run amusement parks in the world. Just wish the food was edible.

LA-The city itself is a pig sty. What makes LA enjoyable is what the area as a whole offers. It takes time to know LA. It has many superb, unique and reasonably priced restaurants. Many unusual and interesting shops and museums, such as La Brea tar pits. The center of the vegan movement in the US is in LA, with more vegan restaurants than you can imagine. Great health food stores. Great farmers markets such as the Wednesday Santa Monica market and the Sunday Hollywood market. The LA County Arboretum and Huntigton Gardens are awesome. The best Asian grocery stores are superb. Walking along some of the beach boardwalks is as entertaining a human spectacle as you will see anywhere in the world.

NY, Chicago and San Francisco are highly overrated. Texas is boring. New Orleans is horrible.

Next time, think about visiting Seattle, Portland, Lake Tahoe, Sedona, Santa Fe, Denver, Telluride, Moab, or even Salt Lake City in the winter.
dont know LA I have to say but Im sure its not what hollywood wants to make us believe san francisco is not overrated IMO...its a great city
lake tahoe is overrated IMO, sedona is worth a visit...moab not IMO...santa fe is nice

the best city in the states is NY...but I never was in chicago

Last edited by grasshopper; 12-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.
grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpixie
Im so sorry OZ,i hope she gets better stranght away!!

FOOD HAS GOTTON SO BAD IN THIS COUNTRY ITS SCARY!!!!!!!!! -- GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TO AVOID THIER POSION!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #10
grasshopper

Quote:
Best wishes to your daughter.

Las Vegas is a very bizarre place......
I dont know las vegas....but I know reno
Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
urbanprisoner

imo the southern states are the friendliest

the fact that hollyweird spends all its time lampooning the people there should tell us its a part worth visiting.
urbanprisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #12
dolores1

I found the poverty in the US shocking, in Maryland, Virginia, Austin Texas etc! I was travelling as a guest of the State Department in 2005.

Washington D C isn't in the US but most Americans don't know that, thats why none of the residents are allowed to vote and it was in Washington I first heard of the "white flight" from the city.

Austin is where the building is shaped like an owl! NWO!

D.
The ‘you’ that exists beyond these stubborn entanglements is a silent, serene, being-ness; a free, wise and child-like ‘you’ that has always known the way to the secret garden, and that has always recognised the nature beings with whom we share this gracious planet.

Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent!
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
grasshopper

whats really amazing on the US are the national parks....they are all very great

they have an amazing nature

Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
I'm sorry your daughter is unwell.
Has the hospital tested e.g stool etc and identified which strain of food poisoning?
If they the test is inconclusive, it's possible that she has eaten radioactive food. Mass 'food poisoning' is happening in Japan and we have our suspicion that it's because of radiation. The west cost has been very much affected by the radiation plume and food etc contaminated.

Hope she gets well soon.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
infinityandlove
Inactive

Quote:

Thank you for your thoughts. Will definitely add those to my next visit.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
hannah50

I was raised in the suburbs of Los Angeles (Redondo Beach and Gardena) after the family moved there from PA in 1961. In the late 80s, moved to San Diego, stayed there 10 or so years, then moved out to Maine and here I sit. I'll be here till my dying day!

I love that I grew up in Los Angeles in the era that I did. I went to Disneyland in Anaheim almost every year and still get nostalgic for the old rides which most are long gone. While it was quite the mecca for a 7 year old girl, there were still plenty of open fields that hadn't built up yet (for any of you locals out there, I'm thinking specifically of the Torrance area by the mall - Hawthorne Blvd...mostly fields except for where the Broadway was). As I went into my teen years, got my license and drove to HOLLYWOOD for the night, the clubs, the hippie scene, sit ins, it was a most electric place to be. Whoever mentioned the La Brea Tar Pits - that takes me back. I've been to everything you mentioned! My friends from HS who are still there say I'd hate it now, and I'm sure I would. But when I get home sick I just search Google for old pictures of the area. Or Google maps to check the homes where I lived.

I am SO not a traveler. Wish I had that in my DNA, but I'm a homebody by nature. I lived in WA state in the mid 80s- Seattle area for a year and loved the place. Pikes Place Market! Sold "gooey ducks" (google images on THAT).

The only time I've really traveled was the two week trip we took from San Diego to Maine for the move 12 years ago. As we found out, I didn't travel as well as my Moms 15 year old cat. lol Yeah, she came with us. Thank gawd my friend supplied me with a few Valium to get through.

If you want to meet some friendly people and see a beautiful state with a butt load of history - visit Maine.
hannah50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #17
infinityandlove
Inactive

Quote:
best wishes for your daughter, oxpixie
Old 13-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
infinityandlove
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah50 View Post
I was raised in the suburbs of Los Angeles (Redondo Beach and Gardena) after the family moved there from PA in 1961. In the late 80s, moved to San Diego, stayed there 10 or so years, then moved out to Maine and here I sit. I'll be here till my dying day!

I love that I grew up in Los Angeles in the era that I did. I went to Disneyland in Anaheim almost every year and still get nostalgic for the old rides which most are long gone. While it was quite the mecca for a 7 year old girl, there were still plenty of open fields that hadn't built up yet (for any of you locals out there, I'm thinking specifically of the Torrance area by the mall - Hawthorne Blvd...mostly fields except for where the Broadway was). As I went into my teen years, got my license and drove to HOLLYWOOD for the night, the clubs, the hippie scene, sit ins, it was a most electric place to be. Whoever mentioned the La Brea Tar Pits - that takes me back. I've been to everything you mentioned! My friends from HS who are still there say I'd hate it now, and I'm sure I would. But when I get home sick I just search Google for old pictures of the area. Or Google maps to check the homes where I lived.

I am SO not a traveler. Wish I had that in my DNA, but I'm a homebody by nature. I lived in WA state in the mid 80s- Seattle area for a year and loved the place. Pikes Place Market! Sold "gooey ducks" (google images on THAT).

The only time I've really traveled was the two week trip we took from San Diego to Maine for the move 12 years ago. As we found out, I didn't travel as well as my Moms 15 year old cat. lol Yeah, she came with us. Thank gawd my friend supplied me with a few Valium to get through.

If you want to meet some friendly people and see a beautiful state with a butt load of history - visit Maine.
thank you. will definitely add maine to my list.
Old 13-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
totallybonkers

I think the US has great potental! alas as a nation it seems to have lost it way.

I'm english and went to Calif for a look-see. Nice weather anyway..
What I noticed the most was, things seem fake as in, historical buildings were made from glass-fibre but look from a distance authentic.

The fear of being attacked and shot at! Gee, it seemed I was being eyed up for a mugging all the time Maybe it was just a cultural thing, body language which I mis-took as being eyed-up. There were a few unpleasent incidents.

How quickly safe turns into danger. Cross the street from safe to dangerous. I would drive through a town and could see nice to nasty in a second. Also extremes, great wealth to real poverty.

I can give San Jose the poison food award. I stopped at a burger bar and 1 hour later it all came out as vapour. My body obvioulsy said " POISON - GET RID IMMEDIATELY"

We have similar in England but to a lesser degree and less severe. And should you kick an historical building to see if it made from soggy fiber-glass, you'll hurt your toe as it was probably made by those pesky Romans.

Last edited by totallybonkers; 13-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.
totallybonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #20
ufochick

The big cities are not worth much to visit. next time try some of the big parks or nature sites and rent a car and drive one of the historic routes like route 66. Try to find bed and breakfast places to stay and see the small towns of the US. I agree the southern states have the nicest people.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote