Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 04-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
them

Default Water for Life..

This is a big ask.. and I'm a little wry of asking for it here.. However, I am currently working on several pieces for children and their families relating to wetlands that deals with multiculturalism and also for teaching English as a Second Language.

I am looking for something specific and wondered if anybody here could help. I am looking for quotes from different cultures that express valuing of wetlands or closely related aspects - e.g. species that live there, water, rivers. You would expect that these would be from great writers, cultural icons, scientists, religious documents, popular or traditional songs, etc... but maybe not.. I am looking for all languages but most specifically for Russian, Arabic, Indo European, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Punjabi, Pacific Island Races and Korean.

Any help you could provide or suggestions on where to look would be most appreciated. I have been doing a great deal of internet research but my success has been minimal.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
demiurge

A pale light, but a gleam
in the night of the liquid charity,
an image of a southing dream
telling tales of natural clarity...
Making you feel giganticly-small by her demureness
and giving you comfort with her pureness,
she knows no biterness nor strife,
for you are but meaning and she is but life...

Here, it may not be first class poetry but I did my best.
demiurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
revolutionary_jam

Maybe get Masauru Emotos Secter Messages In Water

Thinking of what one does not have, manifests it self in the perpetuation of not having.

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got. Go the other way.
revolutionary_jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
edit

http://www.chienergizer.com/
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14014
http://www.watercare.net/wll/himp-watersupply.html
http://www.earthtransitions.com/livi...r/lw_power.htm
original: Still water runs deep? [ translation:Tiha voda brijeg roni....[Tiha voda means silent water or maybe quiet water Tiha voda brijeg roni....Translation: Quiet water wears down a mountain. ]
Drink the Living Water of Jesus and you will never thirst again-
Streams in the Negev « Lingamish- [ .... ]
Trying to keep our family supplied with drinkable water is a constant ... I just discovered recently that the phrase “living water” in Greek means “running ...
lingamish.wordpress.com/2006/11/03/streams-in-the-negev/

Tiha Voda (Calm Water) "cool water",

Living Water - The Gospel of John- [ .... looking to Jesus alone for eternal life. ]Organization proposing a new "Logos 21" translation based on the Majority Text (Byzantine).
www.livingwater.org/

Come to Jesus and Drink the Living Water

So he (Jesus) came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was abut the sixth hour. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.) Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.” “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?” Jesus answered “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.” He tod her, “Go, call your husband and come back.” “I have no husband,” she replied. Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.” “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. Our fathers worshipped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.” Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and truth.” The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” Then Jesus declared, “I who speak to you am he.”

John’s gospel Chapter 4

japanese : sayings
Quote:

Romaji: Sumeba miyako
Literally: If residing, capital/metropolis
Meaning: Wherever you live, you come to love it.
Notes: -eba is a conditional miyako is kun-yomi for the `to' in Kyoto

Romaji:
Kappa mo kawa nagare
Literally: Even a `Kappa' can get carried away by the river
Meaning: Similar to saru mo ki kara ochiru, ie: anyone can make mistakes.
Notes: A `kappa' is a water-sprite, but is used here for a good swimmer
Often written as kappa no kawanagare

Romaji: Fuku sui bon ni kaerazu
Literally: Overturned water doesn't return to the tray
Meaning: What's done is done; "There's no use crying over spilt milk"
Notes: Fuku-sui is a compound made up of two on readings. The kun reading of fuku is kutsukaesu = to overturn; and the kun reading for sui is of course mizu Bon is the same character as in the obon festival The -zu ending in kaerazu is a negative (like -nai)

Romaji: Rakka eda ni kaerazu, hakyou futatabi terasazu
Literally: Fallen blossom doesn't return to the branch, a broken mirror can not be made to shine
Meaning: What's done is done; "There's no use crying over spilled milk"
Notes: The ra in rakka is the kanji for otosu (to drop/let fall), but can also be read as ochi (the punchline of a joke) and is also the ra in rakugo (traditional funny story telling).
Hakyou is a compound of yaburu (to tear/break) and kagami (mirror)
Futatabi means again/once more
Terasu is a verb meaning to shine on/illuminate (eg: teriagaru to clear up after rain), and -zu is a negative ending similar to -nai. Interestingly the kanji is also used for shyness.

Romaji: Gou ni itte wa, gou ni shitagae
Literally: Entering the village, obey the village
Meaning: "When in Rome, do as the Romans"
Notes: The wa topicalizes the first clause, so this could be translated "Concerning entering a village, ..." or more naturally "When entering a village ..." Gou is a village or district or country Shitagae is the direct imperative of shitagau (to obey)

Last edited by edit; 15-11-2007 at 09:06 PM.
edit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #5
edit

WATER IS LIFE
Physical solutions of ...
http://www.marine.maine.edu/~eboss/c...ound_water.jpg
Figure 6: Sound attenuation as function of frequency in fresh and salt water. Notice the increase of attenuation with salinity as well as with frequency. From Denny (1993).
edit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
them

Thanks for the replies