Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #81
snog

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, dont be a dickhead Father Ted
snog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #82
purple is a fruit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by father ted View Post
We'll be fine, lightbeings and ascended masters will save us, they will do everything for us so do not worry your pretty little heads and just smile and be happy

Thanks for your sentiments, they were enlightening, my mind is now at ease and I shall smile and pick daisies and make daisy chains whilst swimming in a soup of lentils and spinach
purple is a fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #83
dondaz

The shit hit the fan around here years ago and I'm still here
dondaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 12:21 AM   #84
adzboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by space lizard View Post
The last person I want to be if the shit hits the fan is David Icke, He'll open his bedroom curtains bollock naked only to be greated by the sight of 20 thousand people shouting "Messiah, Messiah, have you got enough baked beans to feed 20,000 of us? - Give us a sign, any sign". At which point he's probably give the 2 fingered salute and shout back, "I'm not the kind of guy that says I told you so, but go F*ck yourselves! where were you bastards for the last 20 years?"
LOL Space Lizard that's genius! Hahahaha made my night!
adzboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #85
adimon

I have to say this is one of the best threads I've found yet - and extremely important.

Here's a few thoughts from yours truly:-

1. Bartering

As a couple of people pointed out, it's not about whether you have gold, or traveller's cheques, or monkey nuts - but more about skills - what can you do for someone in order to gain their favour, and possible garner some advancement from them, in an escape/survival situation.

This got me to thinking - what's MY most valuable skill? Something valuable not only to me, but to someone else? Sure, I can cut hair, perform first aid, sew, use computers, make a machete out of rock, etc.. but...probably my best attribute is my speed and endurance. Maybe all this running would pay off. Maybe, in an anarchy-type situtation, running a message or carrying needed supplies would be a valuable skill. It probably would. More on speed in a moment.

2. Groups

People's actions in a crisis situation are influenced most by their family. A mother of three with a husband and two siblings is clearly going to have different priorities to an orphaned only child who never married. Bearing this in mind, it would be useful to divide/assign emergency responsibilities throughout your family or group, so that they can be better actioned/concentrated on, in the event.

One further aspect of group survival, which shouldn't complicate a family dynamic, but would definitely be crucial in larger, or non-family based groups, is skills again, and self-sufficiency. If you contribute a lot to a group that's in a survival situation, then you will demonstrate your value, and others will NEED you. If you're dead weight, cuz you can't do anything, or someone else does it a lot better or faster, then you will be low on the group priority...and may end up getting left behind...or worse.

3. Routes / Objectives

Once immediate needs for survival are taken care of (and Limelady it sounds like you already got those sorted) the next thing to do, obviously, is decide on your course of action.

In even the worst situations - e.g. nuclear holocaust - it is almost always going to be best to head away from large population centers. The reasons for this are many, and I won't go into all of them. It is also best to keep moving when there is any human threat at all. If you hide, baton down hatches etc, you will likely be found. If you are hoarding, you will be obliged to help those that find you, or they will oblige you. If you use speed and guile, your group/family will avoid other people, unless you wish to receive them - you should always use scouts and sentries to preempt the arrival of people, and help you with your decisions.

(You might be thinking right now that this all sounds very military, and why can't our group meet up with other groups and help one another get through it, and form some sort of consensus and plan, and division of labor. Like communism in general, a great theory. But studies have shown that small group survivalism gives you a better chance in a crisis, than community or ideology. Better to get away from all until it blows over. And if doesn't blow over, then at least you've taken some of the pressure off by returning to a more natural, foraging, hunter/gatherer methodology.)

So speed is crucial. I would therefore recommend you travel as light as possible. This not only means faster movement, but faster camp and decampment. Never take anything you can't leave at 5mins notice. Even under extreme threat, if you're fast and resourceful, you can usually find fresh camp and nourishment within 24hours. You won't be able to do that if you're carrying 6months of food with you.

(Sorry if some of this is obvious, but I'm on a roll now, and I'm a pretty stream-of-consciousness* type guy to start with)

*= rambler

So, in terms of my specific routes and objectives - in most long-term crises I would get to a boat and get to somewhere remote. You've got to get a long way from airports, basically, if you want to be truly remote. Hebrides might do it, but pick your spot well for flora/fauna. Remember also that animal populations, when hunted, drop off fairly rapidly, as they don't mate that often in general. You're much better to plan for fishing.

4. Weapons

Crossbows ain't bad. Rifles are better, and more accurate for those with less practise and training. And if you have to stop something, be it a deer you wanna eat, or a crazy human you're defending yourself against, then a rifle is more likely to do the job.

5. NBC (Nuclear, biological, chemical)

Last thought. NBC protective gear is hard to get cuz the Army don't even have enough for our soldiers, but some basic research will show you the risks and methods of helping yourself, should it come to this.

But, to finish, once again, great thread Garth.

Hope some of this is useful.

And remember, no plan survives first contact with the enemy.
"A little boy went out to play. When he opened his door, he saw the world. As he passed through the doorway, he caused a reflection. Evil was born. Evil was born, and followed the boy.....A little girl went out to play. Lost in the marketplace, as if half-born. Then, not through the marketplace - you see that, don't you? - but through the alley behind the marketplace. This is the way to the palace. But it isn't something you remember."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_Empire_%28film%29
adimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #86
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimon View Post
4. Weapons

Crossbows ain't bad. Rifles are better, and more accurate for those with less practise and training. And if you have to stop something, be it a deer you wanna eat, or a crazy human you're defending yourself against, then a rifle is more likely to do the job.

And remember, no plan survives first contact with the enemy.
Rifle is a bit of a problem in Australia. We have full on gun control and all of the good citizens were forced to hand in their guns. So now its only the bad guys, farmers and professional shooters who have guns and they are licenced (not the bad guys, obviously)
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #87
garth

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
Rifle is a bit of a problem in Australia. We have full on gun control and all of the good citizens were forced to hand in their guns. So now its only the bad guys, farmers and professional shooters who have guns and they are licenced (not the bad guys, obviously)
Yep, you have to be licensed, but getting one is not to hard provided you don't have a criminal record. If your interested have a look at the SSAA website here

I'm about to get off me bum and get a license, it's a one day course.
Old 18-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #88
Firewand

Quote:
Thats exactly the problem that i have noticed over here! all the law abiding people which is the majority of the good, all hand in their firearms to make the country so say safer (its not the good people that are a problem that own firearms) while all of the crooks (the ones that are the problem) gangsters and people that one can't trust all keep hold of them! so effectively the law is working against good people while the crooks just carry on regardless. If an anarchy situation does develop in the future the only people who will have the means to protect them selfs and their family's from angry mobs will be the crooks, it is these very people that will become your local warlords.
Firewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #89
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
Yep, you have to be licensed, but getting one is not to hard provided you don't have a criminal record. If your interested have a look at the SSAA website here

I'm about to get off me bum and get a license, it's a one day course.
yeah forgot to mention sporting shooters but the law states that you must compete at least three times a year (i think) to retain your license
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #90
garth

Quote:
yeah forgot to mention sporting shooters but the law states that you must compete at least three times a year (i think) to retain your license
From what I know, in Queensland the procedure is this.

You have to have a valid reason for owning a firearm, if you are a paid member of the SSAA ($73.00 per year) you can use the sports & recreational shooter as a reason.

Secondly you have to attend and pass a firearms safety course ($55.00)

Thirdly you have to make an application to the Qld police, provided you do not have a history with them (criminal record) you get your license.($34.40)

The only proviso on the license is that you have to remain a member of the SSAA (pay you annual fee's).

The above process is for rifles & shot guns, handguns are a lot harder.Semi automatic rifles & shotguns require you to be a primary producer or professional hunter.

Not sure of the other states
Old 18-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #91
adzboarder

Give them a link to this thread as the reason!
adzboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #92
eat_a_grey

I live by several food/beer distributors,and I may or may not have firearms.

The strong will survive,or die trying
If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.
eat_a_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 05:22 AM   #93
ashyr
Inactive

im doing a course atm 2 year AVT (adventure toursim) learning basics and advanced stuff about survivalism and also how ot have heaps of fun with nature.
raftin, (good to have for the water were about to get )
rock climbing. ( well u might have to climb out of some hole)
snow. cant wait bring on the snow -D
ashyr is offline   Reply With Quote