Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 11-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #101
pali_gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin43diqs View Post
There's a country in Europe called "Greece". Study their economic history for the last 25 years. You'll get some idea of what happens when you give people more than they have earned.
How one deeply corrupted and badly managed country like Greece compares to a law that would be put to use in whole of EU? It doesn't and you sir are derailing the thread with your fatalistic economy viewpoints. You wont get any response from me again.

I for one do not want economy to colapse, only to change and I will promote peace, positivity and equality as long as I'm living..

btw I have signed the petition.

Basic Income
pali_gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #102
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pali_gap View Post
How one deeply corrupted and badly managed country like Greece compares to a law that would be put to use in whole of EU? It doesn't and you sir are derailing the thread with your fatalistic economy viewpoints. You wont get any response from me again.

I for one do not want economy to colapse, only to change and I will promote peace, positivity and equality as long as I'm living..

btw I have signed the petition.
It's not just Greece, but I'm not surprised you don't know that. All of western Europe and the US are in a state of economic collapse because they spend money they do not have.

My "fatalistic" viewpoints are facts. Your fantasy cannot survive in the face of real world facts. You will live to see a worlwide ecomnomic meltdown caused by people who think exactly like you do.

You don't want equality of opportunity. You want equality of outcome, or theft. The only difference between you and the banksters who are stealing trillions is the scope of your potential theft.
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #103
pali_gap

Thumbs up

In a move to combat growing pay inequality, Swiss citizens will vote on whether to give every adult in Switzerland a basic income.

http://news.msn.com/world/swiss-to-v...for-all-adults

Basic Income

Last edited by pali_gap; 06-10-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #104
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
In a move to combat growing pay inequality, Swiss citizens will vote on whether to give every adult in Switzerland a basic income.

http://news.msn.com/world/swiss-to-v...for-all-adults
That amount of money is almost meaningless in Switzerland. It certainly is not a basic income. It's a political move to make it appear as if they care about the poor in Switzerland.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #105
pali_gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin43diqs View Post
That amount of money is almost meaningless in Switzerland. It certainly is not a basic income. It's a political move to make it appear as if they care about the poor in Switzerland.
I think maybe you are jumping a gun here. It is a public referendum, meaning Swiss citizens want it to happen, in either case there will be a vote.

Reducing inequality usually is viewed as a good thing.

Basic Income
Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #106
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
I think maybe you are jumping a gun here. It is a public referendum, meaning Swiss citizens want it to happen, in either case there will be a vote.

Reducing inequality usually is viewed as a good thing.
Voting on stupid things does not make them less stupid.

Gving money to people for doing nothing does not reduce inequality. In the US we have a long history of paying out welfare which has always resulted in increasing the number of people on welfare and increasing inflation which then reduces the value of the welfare benefit.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #107
pali_gap

We all deserve to live in dignity as human beings. Oh snap did I mention I'm a Humanist?

There is an US initiative going as well.

Quote:
Why Basic Income should become a Human Right

The U.S. Basic Income Network define Basic Income as, "...an unconditional, government-insured guarantee that all citizens will have enough income to meet their basic needs."
http://basicincome.org/bien/aboutbasicincome.html

This program could eliminate poverty resulting in a more predictable and stable society as crime and violence would decay.

It could also move innovation beyond traditional employment as everyone would have access to the necessities of life by a basic income thus economic flexibility.

It could, in addition to deliberate automation, diminish the work hours for full-time employers, giving people more time to friends and family and activities that enrich their lives thus increasing quality of life.

It would in fact save significant costs by liquidating cumbersome and bureaucratic government agencies, to a much simpler program that could be automated.

Furthermore, since there is no means test; the richest as well as the poorest citizens would receive it which could manifest a positive psychological effect in people to spend less and appreciate leisure, which is ultimately good for the environment.

An example of a 'mini-basic income' is the Permanent Fund Dividend which in an annual individual payout to Alaskans. Though the payout is relatively small and only annually distributed, it still goes to show that this kind of program is being used today: http://pfd.alaska.gov/

Research from Namibia revealed that the introduction of a Basic Income Guarantee (BIG) led to an increase in economic activity which contradicts critics' claims that the BIG will lead to laziness and dependency. Learn more about it here: http://bignam.org/

Namibia had amazing results in a number of other things as well, namely poverty reduction, which is a pivotal point in and of itself, and a reduction in crime rate by 40%. Now, imagine what a global basic income guarantee could do.

Basic Income