Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry > The Sports Bar

Old 10-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #321
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
Lukaku has been poor at Utd, so has Pogba and all the players. The only exception has been De Gea.

All because Mourinho has sucked the life and passion out of them. They weren't challenging for the league as he isn't the manager he used to be, and the players can't stand him. He's held Rashford back and Lingard as well.
I'd agree that Mourinho is a death knell for utd - yes, he put his team 2nd in a league dominated by City, but his spirit is empty and lifeless and he has sucked the life and passion out of utd.

Rashford and Lingard, as well as Lakaku are all world class players for the world stage, but their club games don't echo how good they are.

Sterling is the opposite of that lol. give Lingard and Lakaku to Pep, and he will let them shine

Anywho, France are currently one up - and are playing the game to shut down midfield and attacks.
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #322
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
There is always a free kick.
Frances shirt has a big cock on it with F F F underneath
F=6 letter
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #323
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nine View Post
I think 2nd proves we have improved massively compared to the previous seasons..
City were unplayable for large parts (most) of the season, the only wobble they suffered was when they were something like 13 points clear with 5 games left!
I can't see City's dominance changing this season - don't know where Pep is going to spend his millions, but with another top draw striker and midfielder and / or defender we'll see City dominate across the board.

Pep said he didn't have enough players to bring home more silver wear, he'll vamp up his reserve team to do that.

Mourinho just seems empty and passionless, and i think that energy rubs off on his players. Utd need passion - something Sir Alex had in abundance.

i don't like him, as a man / media personality or a manager, and while i'm not Utd fan, i think he's bad for the club.

Liverpool will be a dark horse this season. and i expect they will the toughest challenge to City's reign - they beat them home and away last season (i think?) and i think they'll push City to the wall.

Utd will mix things up, but i don't see them beating Liverpool, and i'd say they'll be lucky to get top five.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #324
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Can i reassess my earlier thoughts and say France V England in the final?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #325
hayed joe

So... This fearsome and organised World Cup machine that is Belgium then.
Did they miss the bus so they just put a group of people in red shirts and hoped for the best?
hayed joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #326
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayed joe View Post
So... This fearsome and organised World Cup machine that is Belgium then.
Did they miss the bus so they just put a group of people in red shirts and hoped for the best?
I'm sure i saw the cleaner and the tea lady playing in defence.*

And, then there were about fourty or fifty folks with binoculars, in the crowd, and Snape willing the goalie to fall over - none of that helped.

* Belgium's tea lady, not DIF's tealady (who'd be even rubbisher)

Last edited by merlincove; 10-07-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #327
Firewand

Everyone thought Belgium, but it's France who go through. Just one goal from a set piece deciding the game. Poor game really for a semi final.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #328
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

i really didn't see Debruyner or Lakaku being shut down as much as they were.

But then Lakaku was in the wrong place four or five times.

WC is full of suprises, Hazard, Lakaku and Debruyner would have put the bejebus up any defence, France just took it in their stride.

Last edited by merlincove; 10-07-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #329
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewand View Post
Everyone thought Belgium, but it's France who go through. Just one goal from a set piece deciding the game. Poor game really for a semi final.
i think you said said earlier they would cancel each other out, and that's exactly what happened.

i think we will fair better against France, to be fair.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #330
sparkplug

It wasn't the greatest semi final ever to be played but the French managed to do a job and get the goal and that has got them to the final (stating the obvious I know).

Over to the English now.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #331
Firewand

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
i think you said said earlier they would cancel each other out, and that's exactly what happened.

i think we will fair better against France, to be fair.
I don't think it was me who said that, no. It was always going to be a very tight game though. I thought Belgium were the slightly better team. but it's the 1-0 scoreline for France which counts on the night.

Last edited by Firewand; 10-07-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Firewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #332
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Frances shirt has a big cock on it with F F F underneath
F=6 letter
Pah! U hate 'em.

That Lukaku miss in front of the net must have been the French binocular yall.

Last edited by elshaper; 10-07-2018 at 09:22 PM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:49 AM   #333
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
I'd agree that Mourinho is a death knell for utd - yes, he put his team 2nd in a league dominated by City, but his spirit is empty and lifeless and he has sucked the life and passion out of utd.

Rashford and Lingard, as well as Lakaku are all world class players for the world stage, but their club games don't echo how good they are.

Sterling is the opposite of that lol. give Lingard and Lakaku to Pep, and he will let them shine

Anywho, France are currently one up - and are playing the game to shut down midfield and attacks.
I think we shall have to see ho the season unfolds, I think Mourino is much hungrier than he lets on. We matched City at the start of the season, then they beat us and we had a big wobble, the wheels fell off and so did Pogba's form because they all knew the league was a massive uphill battle after those 3 draw's following the defeat.

I think since SAF left the club, the void has been huge because he was Manchester United for 2 and a half decades.
Moyes was a rabbit in the head lights.
Van Gaal was a strict disciplinarian which the club needed to arrest the free fall from Moyes and Giggs.
People complained about the football being boring, but for me on a personal level, I actually enjoyed it more often than not. It was refreshing to see the lads playing to a system and using intelligence and regime, which they struggled with and only shown its true power against the top 6..minnows clubs playing kick and rush always caught us out.
Van Gaal lost the Champions league spot to city on goal difference and won the FA cup, and the club sacked him that night..I dont think they treated mr Van Gaal with the respect he was due, caving in to fan pressure and "the united way" of playing demands (which was fucking ironic considering how far we had fallen previously).
They appointed Mourino so soon because he gave them an ultimatum, that he would be off to PSG. United caved, desperate for success, and Jose started his tenure.

Ive watched him for 2 seasons now and I think we are getting our own style. we have been plagued by injuries for decades, but this season, Jose has kept the injuries down to a minimum, one of the major factors I would suggest is that we run the least amount of miles in the premier league last season and finished 2nd..If you havent got the strength in depth, the one must use ones strengths wisely.
I say he still has it, but he has changed with change.
He knows he cannot match the flair of Pep, so he counters pep, but the team must be strict and carry out his instructions to the letter, if they dont they better win.
He was furious when City beat us because the players were not covering the City players like they were told to do all match, they were getting pulled all over like school boys at times.
Klopp, top manager his Liverpool are playing really exciting football too, (shit when your hated rivals have managers you really respect and they are playing much more attractive football than us..but Ill take the trophies over the ooh haa's)

So, sorry for the long post, but Im looking forwards to the season coming, and I thought I would give my two penneth as an occasional match going fan.
I think the fans are split over Jose, some love him and others despise him.

------------------------------------

I thought the France - Belgium game was very good, some really good moves and excellent attacks/defending/keeping too...more goals would have been nice, but would also have tarnished the goal keeping and top defending from both teams.
Very tight but I thought the best team won, even though belgium were much nicer on the eye for most parts of the game.

Its difficult to see any of the two teams stopping France, considering France are the only team to stop Belgium scoring..
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
Old 11-07-2018, 12:51 AM   #334
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Pah! U hate 'em.

That Lukaku miss in front of the net must have been the French binocular yall.
Nah I dont hate them lol
I think they deserved it.

Or the English making sure we didnt face Belgium lol

Edit:-
here the shirt

So this..

can also be..

Last edited by the nine; 11-07-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #335
elshaper
Inactive

Cristiano Ronaldo is moving from Real to Juventus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44785173
Old 11-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #336
Firewand

Signing Ronaldo signifies the growth of Juventus as a brand, and not just as a football club. Ronaldo will bring revenue to the club from contracts & sponsorships, and from increased Juventus product sales, by increasing their fan base across the World. The move probably also represents the intentions of Juventus wanting success in Europe.

Last edited by Firewand; 11-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Firewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #337
sparkplug

They will sell a lot of shirts and he will shine in the slower Italian league. He's past his best, but he's still a great player.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #338
elshaper
Inactive

Default Goal!

It's a good start. England is going to win, you know that, don't ya?
Old 11-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #339
the nine

1-0
get in, the binoculars!!!
Old 11-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #340
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
1-0
get in, the binoculars!!!