Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 18-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #161
alisa2

WT, you ask a lot of questions. The mind is the seeker, the experiencer, the perceiver, the questioner, etc. It seeks to continue.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XAy7_LF7F7g

15:20 … When the whole process comes to an end, when the search comes to an end—not that you arrive at a point or destination—but the search comes to an end because the seeker disappears—the perceiver, the observer, the experiencer, the self, [the mind] or whatever word you want to use—they are all variations of the same entity inside of us—so when that entity comes to an end, what is left is a body—the physical body, and the senses operate in a tremendously sensitive way.

From the Quora Digest:

There are 3 questions here.

What is a mind?

No one really knows. I like to call it the theatre of experience, but ultimately that is a circular definition. The word ‘experience’ is meaningless without presupposing an ‘experiencer’, i.e., a mind.

Is it a separate organ from the brain?

We don’t know what it is, but it seems pretty clear that it is not at organ. An organ is a physical thing — it can be extracted from a dead body. There is no evidence that a mind can be extracted from a dead body. In fact we have no idea what would even count as evidence for mind extraction/ uploading/ transmigration.

Can the mind exist in the absence of the brain?

There is no scientific evidence for this. No one has ever encountered a disembodied mind, unless you count ghosts. And mainstream scientists do not count ghosts as anything other that hallucinations, wishful thinking, or outright fraudulent phenomena.

Last edited by alisa2; 18-04-2018 at 05:04 PM.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #162
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
WT, you ask a lot of questions. The mind is the seeker, the experiencer, the perceiver, the questioner, etc. It seeks to continue.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XAy7_LF7F7g

15:20 … When the whole process comes to an end, when the search comes to an end—not that you arrive at a point or destination—but the search comes to an end because the seeker disappears—the perceiver, the observer, the experiencer, the self, [the mind] or whatever word you want to use—they are all variations of the same entity inside of us—so when that entity comes to an end, what is left is a body—the physical body, and the senses operate in a tremendously sensitive way.

From the Quora Digest:

There are 3 questions here.

What is a mind?

No one really knows. I like to call it the theatre of experience, but ultimately that is a circular definition. The word ‘experience’ is meaningless without presupposing an ‘experiencer’, i.e., a mind.

Is it a separate organ from the brain?

We don’t know what it is, but it seems pretty clear that it is not at organ. An organ is a physical thing — it can be extracted from a dead body. There is no evidence that a mind can be extracted from a dead body. In fact we have no idea what would even count as evidence for mind extraction/ uploading/ transmigration.

Can the mind exist in the absence of the brain?

There is no scientific evidence for this. No one has ever encountered a disembodied mind, unless you count ghosts. And mainstream scientists do not count ghosts as anything other that hallucinations, wishful thinking, or outright fraudulent phenomena.
I ask questions because statements are generally bogus.

It's a form of saying stuff without the burden of truth or falsehood, things one is unlikely to find in "Nothing".
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #163
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
I ask questions because statements are generally bogus.
Ask bogus questions and you'll get bogus statements.

Here, Rich Kelley tells you what your life is like when the mind ["you"] is not here.

8:10 What is your life like when you're not here?

Old 18-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #164
white light

Quote:
Ask bogus questions and you'll get bogus statements.

Here, Rich Kelley tells you what your life is like when the mind ["you"] is not here.

8:10 What is your life like when you're not here?

I didn't say that my questions were bogus. Your bogus statement to it is irrelevant. Lol.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:29 PM   #165
alisa2

Quote:
I didn't say that my questions were bogus. Your bogus statement to it is irrelevant. Lol.
I know you didn't say that your questions were bogus. I said they were because you implied my statements were bogus when you said, "I ask questions because statements are generally bogus."

Anyway, I don't know why I am having so much difficulty logging in. I log in and it immediately logs me out. I have to do this 4 or 5 times before it finally sticks
Old 18-04-2018, 06:38 PM   #166
alisa2

I know you didn't say that your questions were bogus. I said your questions were bogus because you implied my statements were bogus when you said, "I ask questions because statements are generally bogus." Ask bogus questions get bogus answers.

It's not even letting me edit my posts.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:38 PM   #167
white light

Quote:
I know you didn't say that your questions were bogus. I said they were because you implied my statements were bogus when you said, "I ask questions because statements are generally bogus."
Not yours specifically.

Does statements being bogus mean that questions are?

Could it be that questions take you closer to "Nothing" and statements invent a narrative that takes you further from "Nothing"?

Last edited by white light; 18-04-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 19-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #168
takhisis

I also do not believe we are all one bullocks i think the globalist want us to believe we are all one so they can keep us in the hive mind mindset that is what facebook and all those social media sites are about is conditioning for everyone to think the same and like the same things no doubt in my mind its conditioning of humanity you can see it in almost everything today , people that have no idea about facts just jumping on the most popular opions
takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #169
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by takhisis View Post
I also do not believe we are all one bullocks i think the globalist want us to believe we are all one so they can keep us in the hive mind mindset that is what facebook and all those social media sites are about is conditioning for everyone to think the same and like the same things no doubt in my mind its conditioning of humanity you can see it in almost everything today , people that have no idea about facts just jumping on the most popular opions
If that's the case then the globalists can't be the ones engineering division and discord.
Old 20-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #170
fudgetusk

no no no. The globalist hive mind is satire on how things are in heaven, a kind of hive mind mentality. Satan is a satirist.

The connection between Icke and 9/11
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #171
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
no no no. The globalist hive mind is satire on how things are in heaven, a kind of hive mind mentality. Satan is a satirist.
That's a bit vague.
Old 21-04-2018, 01:29 AM   #172
alisa2

Quote:

Could it be that questions take you closer to "Nothing" and statements invent a narrative that takes you further from "Nothing"?

The Self = Nothing

Excerpt from the book Winning Through Enlightenment. You'll have to buy the book if you want to read the whole chapter.

THE SELF

Before I write anything about the Self, let me say that it can’t be done. By its very nature, the Self cannot be described. It is, in fact, all that is not describable. Whatever you think it is, you can be sure of one thing: that is what it is not.

Nothing could be without the space to be in. I don’t mean “vacuum,” which is just another mind concept “thing.” We are accustomed to taking for granted that there is a space in which life exists. But think of it. Is it to be expected that there would be this space? As you look at that, you realize that it is not reasonable to expect the space in which to exist to be. That space where no thing is, which is continuous with all the rest of no thing space in the universe in which you live, is the Self. It is the containing context for what we ordinarily think of as “life.” What we ordinarily think of as life is actually content. The Self contains your life and is infinitely larger than the content. Furthermore, Self doesn’t exist in time. It exists out of time and is the container in which time is contained. Nor does Self exist in a place, or, said another way, Self exists in all places and in no particular place.

The concept of No Thing Thing boggles the mind, jams the circuits. Add to that No Place and No Time and the mind is truly at a loss to comprehend. You can’t get this with your mind; you’ll have to get it with your Self. So the Self is that out of which life is generated, which has no aspect of thing, place or time. Only a fool would attempt to describe such a what-ever-you-want-to-call-it in words. And yet words are what we have to communicate with, so here goes the fool.

Context contains what is. Context is not a what-is itself, however; otherwise it would be more of what is contained instead of the container. Context is the space which contains what is, except when we say it is a “space,” it becomes a thing also and so the description breaks down. True Context is not a thing. You can’t go somewhere and see it, and it exists in no time, past, present or future. It doesn’t even exist now, like everything else. ...[rest omitted]
Old 21-04-2018, 05:57 AM   #173
decode reality
Inactive

I have to say this.

There's a tendency on this forum to automatically presume all this "oneness" stuff or anything spiritual-leaning (i.e. that isn't Christianity) began with "the globalists" and "the new age movement" - two very recent (and Western) constructs. If you're looking at those things, and social media, and equating them with 'oneness' when they're anything BUT expressions of unity, then you're effectively showing your unfamiliarity of what oneness is, and the expressions of it in human history.

Let's put it like this. To pass a judgement on spiritual ideas which go back many millennia, that were repackaged as 'new age vagueness' by the Club of Rome a little over 50 years ago, is no different to looking at the current music industry and saying "This is how it is, this is how it's always been." But this is what people are doing time again, as though 'oneness' began sometime in the 60s. Come on!

The historical reality is, societies such as African, Native American, Indian, Chinese etc that are outside of the Western sphere have been organised in a unified and holistic way, and successfully so. Such a mode has never been the basis of the way that Western societies are organised - neither in the past, and certainly not in the present. The nearest you get to it is the pagan tradition, but that was pretty much crushed by the march of the church and Western industrialisation. This is historical fact, not a put-down - just fact.

Now, if that's your only cultural reference point, fine. However, regardless of how alternative to the Western mainstream you might be, it's more accurate to say that "oneness" is a concept historically alien to the West in general, and as such, there's little or no awareness in the Western world of these ideas as they're expressed in 'non-Western' cultures.

Last edited by decode reality; 21-04-2018 at 04:35 PM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 05:50 PM   #174
alisa2

Default oneness = love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpssAXBFXQ&t=529s

8:30 “Some people try to talk about the infinite and they would call it infinite love, and that, I suppose, has some merit, because oneness and love seem to be the same thing—togetherness and oneness—But...
Old 01-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #175
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
I have to say this.

There's a tendency on this forum to automatically presume all this "oneness" stuff or anything spiritual-leaning (i.e. that isn't Christianity) began with "the globalists" and "the new age movement" - two very recent (and Western) constructs. If you're looking at those things, and social media, and equating them with 'oneness' when they're anything BUT expressions of unity, then you're effectively showing your unfamiliarity of what oneness is, and the expressions of it in human history.

Let's put it like this. To pass a judgement on spiritual ideas which go back many millennia, that were repackaged as 'new age vagueness' by the Club of Rome a little over 50 years ago, is no different to looking at the current music industry and saying "This is how it is, this is how it's always been." But this is what people are doing time again, as though 'oneness' began sometime in the 60s. Come on!

The historical reality is, societies such as African, Native American, Indian, Chinese etc that are outside of the Western sphere have been organised in a unified and holistic way, and successfully so. Such a mode has never been the basis of the way that Western societies are organised - neither in the past, and certainly not in the present. The nearest you get to it is the pagan tradition, but that was pretty much crushed by the march of the church and Western industrialisation. This is historical fact, not a put-down - just fact.

Now, if that's your only cultural reference point, fine. However, regardless of how alternative to the Western mainstream you might be, it's more accurate to say that "oneness" is a concept historically alien to the West in general, and as such, there's little or no awareness in the Western world of these ideas as they're expressed in 'non-Western' cultures.
At the same time, not everything in the 'pre-Colombian' world was unified and idyllic. In some cases it was nothing of the sort.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #176
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
At the same time, not everything in the 'pre-Colombian' world was unified and idyllic. In some cases it was nothing of the sort.
So the "oneness" didnt work....
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #177
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
It's not a philosophy; religious, political or otherwise.

That's like saying "You are a human being. How is that working out for you?"

Last edited by white light; 01-05-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #178
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
Yes it did work, there are many examples of it. The point I was making was that each of the pre-Colombian societies I mentioned varied in their level of civilisation and social organisation. Some were peaceful and cultured, some were warlike.

Though I have to emphasise again, the societies that attained a high level of development, peace and prosperity did so with a system of organising themselves that created unity amongst the different institutions and most importantly, among the population. That was the secret of their success, their unity. So it wasn't just "a belief" to make them feel good, nor was it a theory, it was something that was lived, practiced. Which is to say they had activities and procedures, a working structure in place that made their societies function on a day-to-day basis.

This is to be distinguished from the latter-day definitions of 'oneness'/'unity' i.e the pseudo-mystical feelgood belief that we find in the new age movement - a belief system that doesn't have the tools to be able to run a society.

Nor can the ancient model be equated with the current type of political systems we're familiar with which pay lip service to 'unity', but in reality preside over nations that are riddled with disconnection in every sphere.

In saying all that, J.B, I also see the value in having the ability to rely on one's own inner resources. But 'no man is an island' - and in a society where things are so fragmented and lacking in community, that can be very difficult.

Last edited by decode reality; 02-05-2018 at 08:01 PM.