Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 12-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
seratorica

Default "Beer belly"

Hello, everybody. I need some nutrition advice for my boyfriend.

He is in his middle twenties, he works out a lot, but he eats a lot as well (especially meat, but he doesn't drink or smoke). He is very muscular, but strangely, at the same time he has what you call a "beer belly". I don't think he is fat, but he thinks that he is overweight, and sometimes resorts to unhealthy diets (which is distressing to watch).

I have seen somewhere on this forum that this belly is caused by a swollen bowel. I tried to google this, but I couldn't find anything useful on this topic. I would be very grateful if somebody could explain why the bowel gets swollen and how to make it healthy again. Because it bothers him so much, I would like him to find a healthy solution and not starve himself occasionally.
seratorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
bobster
Banned

does he drink a lot of beer?
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
seratorica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
does he drink a lot of beer?
He is not a drinker, but we do have a beer or some wine occasionally. We don't get drunk during the weekends, we don't really like partying.

He is a chef, though. He likes to cook and eat foods high on calories.

Last edited by seratorica; 12-08-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
plam
Banned

The belly in men is where the body stores the toxins covered in fat. The spare tyre. It's something to do with that.

What meat does he eat and how prepared?
Does he eat a lot of greens too to counter balance the acidity of cooked meat?

Last edited by plam; 12-08-2011 at 12:45 PM.
plam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
bobster
Banned

i think youd be better off asking on a bodybuilding site where theyre spot on with diets and would be able to provide better advice. myprotein.co.uk is pretty good and someone will definitely help you out there
Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
scottishryan

This is a hard one as everyone seems to act different on a plethora of eating plans and lifestyles. I know when I gained weight years ago it was my belly first before the rest of me ballooned

Please advise him not to diet though, they truly do not work long term and can actually cause more problems weight wise and especially in mindset through obsession and distress. Yoyo'ing usually is the result! He may end up larger than he starts if you get my meaning!

I can only recount my own experience and observations and I am certainly not medically trained but:

If he feels that its due to weight gain, just reduce portion sizes by eating what he loves to eat, eating it slowly so he enjoys every bit of his food and only partaking when he clearly feels hunger signals. The final step is to not clear the plate unless no full signal is evident. This simple natural way allowed me to release over 120lb in weight in 1 year.

You can view my free ebook if you like but the gist is above

Oh, and I still consumed alcohol and it never stopped nor stalled weight release either!

My NEW Book (Paranormal): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unseen-Worl...A0DXGPP2JGAGHG
scottishryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
mace

Tell him to get a colonic. I had one (a colonic, not a beer belly) and the guy said what a "beer belly" is is old, hard, dry faecal matter that is stuck. That's why the stomach area is quite hard where it is, and isn't soft (which would be fat - like mine haha).
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
seratorica

Quote:
Originally Posted by plam View Post
The belly in men is where the body stores the toxins covered in fat. The spare tyre. It's something to do with that.

What meat does he eat and how prepared?
Does he eat a lot of greens too to counter balance the acidity of cooked meat?
He does eat a lot of vegetables, but I get the feeling that he really eats A LOT of meat. He prepares it in different ways, but it is mostly cooked. In my country it is really hard to get organic meat, so he mostly gets it in stores.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
seratorica

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace View Post
Tell him to get a colonic. I had one (a colonic, not a beer belly) and the guy said what a "beer belly" is is old, hard, dry faecal matter that is stuck. That's why the stomach area is quite hard where it is, and isn't soft (which would be fat - like mine haha).
Is there a natural way to clear the bowel? I don't believe he would allow something being put up his butt.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by seratorica View Post
Is there a natural way to clear the bowel? I don't believe he would allow something being put up his butt.
I'm pretty sure there are ways to clear the bowel, yeah.

But whether they'd be able to achieve what the colonic does is questionable.
The colonic makes the bowel contract and expand by using different water temperature's (hot for expanding, cold for contracting) thus allowing the muscles (bowel) to "break up" the old hard poop that's stuck up there. And with you saying he eats a lot of meat, all that will be up there too, rotting away in his bowels.

I'm a bloke and had my first colonic this year. It's really not as bad as people think it is. In fact, I think my mate put a video on Youtube...

Warning!
(it's done in a jokey way though... haha)

Last edited by mace; 12-08-2011 at 04:06 PM.
mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
plam
Banned

Quote:
He does eat a lot of vegetables, but I get the feeling that he really eats A LOT of meat. He prepares it in different ways, but it is mostly cooked. In my country it is really hard to get organic meat, so he mostly gets it in stores.
He's too young for a huge beer belly, how big is the belly?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
seratorica

Quote:
Originally Posted by plam View Post
He's too young for a huge beer belly, how big is the belly?
It's a medium sized beer belly, I would say. You think he might be sick or something?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
plam
Banned

Quote:
It's a medium sized beer belly, I would say. You think he might be sick or something?
I'm not a doctor but it seems a bit early, I'm forty and I'm six pack ... ish!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
al209

Sounds to me like abdominal distension causes by food intolerance and inflammation. when he tenses his abs is the layer of fat a lot less than expected for a gut that size? Is it hard to touch even when the abs arent tensed? id try cutting out starch and dairy for three or four days, a week is better, but its difficult. Then add them back in, dairy first. My guess is the "beer belly" will go down when the foods are cut out, then reappear when the offending food is re-introduced. If no joy repeat with tomatoes and eggs, but its probably the starch and insoluble fibre, likely from wheat/oats
al209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #15
elegan4
Inactive

Default Over Acidity

A beer belly is nothing but over acidity:

http://ernestlmartin.com/index4.htm#health

Ken
elegan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #16
exclamatio

Could be undigested fecal matter, look into "oxy-powder" for a quick fix and a raw vegan diet for long term health and improved recovery time from training, probably doesn't have enough water and fibre in his diet. I've been there >.<
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
blackstar76

He needs to jog and do cardio. Weights don't knock of the pounds or the belly. If you fill your belly too much with food it will grow and get bigger. Thus it appears like a beer belly without the beer.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #18
bobster
Banned

unless he's taking roids and not told her and he's got the roid stomach
Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #19
alastair88

Quote:
Hello, everybody. I need some nutrition advice for my boyfriend.

He is in his middle twenties, he works out a lot, but he eats a lot as well (especially meat, but he doesn't drink or smoke). He is very muscular, but strangely, at the same time he has what you call a "beer belly". I don't think he is fat, but he thinks that he is overweight, and sometimes resorts to unhealthy diets (which is distressing to watch).

I have seen somewhere on this forum that this belly is caused by a swollen bowel. I tried to google this, but I couldn't find anything useful on this topic. I would be very grateful if somebody could explain why the bowel gets swollen and how to make it healthy again. Because it bothers him so much, I would like him to find a healthy solution and not starve himself occasionally.
If anyone wants to lose weight just look at the sun, only in the one hour as it rises or the one hour before it goes down. i have gone from a 14 to a 10 in a few weeks.it just kills your appetite. there are so many secrets coming out now. Look it up, SUNEATERS.
alastair88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #20
allure

Quote:
Originally Posted by al209 View Post
Sounds to me like abdominal distension causes by food intolerance and inflammation. when he tenses his abs is the layer of fat a lot less than expected for a gut that size? Is it hard to touch even when the abs arent tensed? id try cutting out starch and dairy for three or four days, a week is better, but its difficult. Then add them back in, dairy first. My guess is the "beer belly" will go down when the foods are cut out, then reappear when the offending food is re-introduced. If no joy repeat with tomatoes and eggs, but its probably the starch and insoluble fibre, likely from wheat/oats
This sounds like good advice to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar76 View Post
He needs to jog and do cardio. Weights don't knock of the pounds or the belly. If you fill your belly too much with food it will grow and get bigger. Thus it appears like a beer belly without the beer.
Weight training actually burns more calories than cardio.