Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New Members Forum

Old 09-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #1
lavendersky

Default Your one piece of advice or wisdom for those just awakening?

What would be that one piece of advice or wisdom from your own experiences that you would feel confident sharing with someone just beginning the awakening process?

Last edited by lavendersky; 09-06-2016 at 11:43 PM.
lavendersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #2
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendersky View Post
What would be that one piece of advice or wisdom from your own experiences that you would feel confident sharing with someone just beginning the awakening process?
David says follow your heart and intuition! I always felt this was great advice!

If it feels right is probably is! David was guided to buy that first book on the IOW, so maybe be open and receptive to feelings or guiding nudges!
Old 10-06-2016, 12:20 AM   #3
babywithalaser

Bin the ego. Observe without prejudice.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:43 AM   #4
truepositive

The rabbit hole goes much deeper from here, but dont be scared, its a rabbit hole not a tiger hole
truepositive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:01 AM   #5
decode reality
Inactive

Put the breaks on, so to speak. Be mindful about trying to wake up anyone and everyone, and be prepared for the fact that most people will reject what you have to say. (Just as you may have rejected similar info at another stage of your life.) But I'd also say double check everything you read/watch or are told, and verify it.

It's not something that's easy to do, of course, because some have one of those sudden 'road to Damascus' kind of wake-up calls where you want to immediately tell everyone.

This is one of the few if not only alt media videos that addresses the question, and I've lifted a couple of phrases from it. He's not a fan of David's work - best say that in advance - but the content is sound. It's just over 20 minutes long.

I'd say it's as relevant to someone who considers themselves 'long time awakened' as it is to someone new to all of this.

Last edited by decode reality; 10-06-2016 at 07:36 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:47 AM   #6
gymgenius

1. Question everything. Question why the stories on the news are on the news.

2. Don't put too much faith in one single source of alternative news. Look at many and form your own opinion.

3. Ensure you can count, unlike me...That's three!
gymgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
rokazulu
Inactive

No one has ever taken my advice seriously.

This makes sense, since I never took anyone's advice seriously either.

The whole awakening thing if you want to call it that, is all on you.
rokazulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:32 AM   #8
lurka

Learn as much as you can about the food and drink you eat. Healthy person is not what our oppressors want.
lurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #9
paddy_blake

I did a similar thread here: https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=306477

Basically, don't get caught up practicing fear (anger, conflict, etc.), rather, practice loving-kindness instead.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #10
oneriver

Don't hold/display contempt for those still snoozing...it pushes them further away from their own awakening imo
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #11
lavendersky

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
I did a similar thread here: https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=306477

Basically, don't get caught up practicing fear (anger, conflict, etc.), rather, practice loving-kindness instead.
Sorry Paddy, I didn't realize there was a similar thread
Old 10-06-2016, 09:19 AM   #12
kizzie
Registered Users

Do not try to research everything you have heard at the same time

Do not become obsessed about one thing you learn

Do try to have balance research the awakening side as well as the CT side do not submerse yourself into the dark and ugly side of it..

Do not mock or get angry at those who have yet to wake up. You are not better than them, you are not superior to them, you are just ahead of them in the game.

Don't become the prat on FB/ twitter who shares everything without looking into anything.
When someone in a group just shares a 100 things a day.. You know they didn't even go to the web page to read it. just relied on someone else to research it..
Always do your own research

Never go on a group./forum and react in a knee jerk way to something that throws you .. Just leave it, then look into it later.

Someone on my FB posted something to Max Igan after he said something to me on one of his videos I shared.
All knee jerk stuff and all to Max's discredit.. This person is only at the tip of waking up and is mostly just focusing on the US election and cannot understand why people are not seeing what he is seeing .. So I left it for now

Last edited by kizzie; 10-06-2016 at 09:21 AM.
kizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #13
lavendersky

I wanted to start a similar thread awhile back and at the time I thought I had come to some realizations that I might want to share, but in the past few months I feel like I am almost back to square one. I find myself questioning my basic beliefs that questioning everything and searching for the truth is the way, when really it has become an endless and tiring maze. That's not to say I haven't gained some very valuable info along the way, but it's like the journey to awakening has become a distraction in and of itself. So now I think I may take maybe a different route to thinking and try looking at the knowledge I have gathered from a different angle. I guess if I were to offer any advice or thoughts to someone who is just starting their journey I would let them know that things don't get easier, they get harder. Be ready to give up the comfort of living unconsciously and accepting life at face value. You may gain some beautiful insights along the way, but when you are sticking your nose in places where you are not welcome you need to be aware that there will be resistance.

Last edited by lavendersky; 10-06-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #14
poshfangaz

Question EVERYTHING.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #15
h2pogo
Inactive

Think positive.. Love, peace, truth....Dont let the bastards (including the self) grind ye down..
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #16
qwuntybolo

Check your sources
qwuntybolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #17
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
I wanted to start a similar thread awhile back and at the time I thought I had come to some realizations that I might want to share, but in the past few months I feel like I am almost back to square one. I find myself questioning my basic beliefs that questioning everything and searching for the truth is the way, when really it has become an endless and tiring maze. That's not to say I haven't gained some very valuable info along the way, but it's like the journey to awakening has become a distraction in and of itself. So now I think I may take maybe a different route to thinking and try looking at the knowledge I have gathered from a different angle. I guess if I were to offer any advice or thoughts to someone who is just starting their journey I would let them know that things don't get easier, they get harder. Be ready to give up the comfort of living unconsciously and accepting life at face value. You may gain some beautiful insights along the way, but when you are sticking your nose in places where you are not welcome you need to be aware that there will be resistance.
I think when you're growing, you take in information based upon where you're at in terms of your life journey. After a while you reflect and begin to come up with your own insights. Some of the initial things learnt may remain, but some will be discarded. We do this unconsciously. I don't see things the same as I did ten years ago, and definitely not twenty nor thirty years ago, although there's probably some core ideas that have persisted.

It's like real musical creativity. A person starts off imitating their idols because that mode of expression resonates with them. They haven't yet developed their own personality. Eventually they'll come up with a form of expressing themselves that may be informed by their early influences, but it's become a far more personal, unique expression.

The equivalent of this imitation in truth seeking terms is when people quote passages of writings or lecturers verbatim that ring a bell, to the exclusion of their own experience. Nothing wrong with that, it's a stage and sometimes a portion of the initial truths learnt will always be relevant.

Last edited by decode reality; 10-06-2016 at 10:33 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #18
baboshka1
Inactive

As you start seeing things as they really are , you will feel betrayed, angry, hurt, even feel as if your head is in the shredder and will not know whom to trust.
It is hard not to go into a dark place and come out of it feeling dark and not seeing good in anything. My tip is when you are going through this, when you interact with people look for something nice about them rather than negative.
Also if something cannot be proven either way go for what resonates with you ad not get on the merry go round.
One more thing do not forget to laugh and have fun.
Dance even
PS and never ever worry about your typo's cos I do not

Last edited by baboshka1; 10-06-2016 at 11:13 AM.
baboshka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:12 AM   #19
ramirez

Know that everything is PLANNED.

Remember, the Rothchilds started Sci Fi and ET over a hundred years ago, even funding authors, so beware the fake ET talk, the real stuff is ok though
ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #20
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Very hard to answer, because I don't think one person's "waking up" is necessarily the same as another's, even though they may well share much in common, they come at it from different avenues, backgrounds, knowledge, understanding, perceptions, upbringing, experiences, relationships, encounters etcetera etcetera making it difficult to measure.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 10-06-2016 at 11:58 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote