Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient & Forbidden Knowledge / False History

Old 16-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Default Dating of artifacts and other things?

How is it done? Carbon dating, what else?
Is it a valid and accurate science?
Are we being conned into believing the dates of artefacts objects and everything else from ancient or modern history?

Am I rightfully sceptical of such sciences? Or just ignorant of the facts and process?
Does anyone really understand how this works? Or is it technical mumbo jumbo and nonsense dressed up as fact and truth?
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
audiolink

Wouldn't the so called scientists have gone through the same/similar schooling to us. Therefore the information they learned whilst getting to that point, would be the same as we got. If we take it that the TPTB have been feeding us false info ever since we were born, the info about history of objects and artifacts, would also be wrong.

I have also wondered the same thing. I used to love watching meet the ancestors and time team. I know a lot of the tests that they did for that was carbon dating. I I think they use x-rays sometimes too.

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato
audiolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
eternal_spirit
Inactive

I am convinced it's all a con.
Old 23-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
audiolink

Conning us with what? Wrong info? Or slightly distorted truth?
We've been conned all our lives. They don't want the truth to be known. But I ask, what is the truth? Will we ever find out the truth?

edit
They say the thruth hurts. I say lies hurt more so

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Last edited by audiolink; 23-09-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added a sentence
audiolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Con as in how old things are.

And
Before the written word or symbols All we had was word of mouth stories. Anyone can change a story. Words can be added to make it more interesting, to gain peoples attention so people would listen and pass them on. Plus political/religious reasons.

Different languages can add to the confusion words maybe left out by accident by wrong interpretations, or not knowing the meaning of some words from ancient defunct languages, we get half the story then the rest of the story is a guessing game, but the gaps are filled with falsity.

Even symbols/codes found on ancient buildings/temples etc may only be centuries old and not 5th BC etc. Just because we are told it's 5thBC doesn't make it so. No proof imo. They could easily add 4 thousand years when in reality something maybe a thousand years old or less.

Do you trust written records? They are easily tampered with, bits added or removed. Whole written historys/records could be destroyed or hidden, or replaced with something else!

Symbols you can make as many meanings as you can out of those.

Something carved into rock a few hundred years ago could be claimed to be from 10 BC. How does the average Joe verify what the experts tell us (they work in private with their testing methods) and we never see the methods they use, we are taking it on faith that we are being told the truth.

The dead sea scrolls or anything like that seems like a con. It's all a guessing game theories not facts.

Last edited by eternal_spirit; 23-09-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 23-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolink View Post

I have also wondered the same thing. I used to love watching meet the ancestors and time team. I know a lot of the tests that they did for that was carbon dating. I I think they use x-rays sometimes too.
It's amazing how they find what's left of buildings a few inches left of the walls and can come up with ideas of what the people were like, culture how they dressed, surely all guess work theories, although some ideas are based on written history (which maybe false lol) And
Stone henge and the likes maybe pure fantasy.

Signed sceptic
Old 23-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
eternal_spirit
Inactive

The dark ages in Britain from 4th century to the 8th. There is little if any reliable known written records.
Point they don't even know what happened hundreds of years ago let alone thousands.
Old 23-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Default Going off topic a bit lol

Read the history of Britian it's totally confusing the amount of names, places different peoples/tribes invasions, battles, religions, deities, migrations, races. Monarchys.

And ALL other countries historys are as confusing! It's almost like reading a Bible, about Buddhism, Hinduism the Indian Vedas etc.

Some of the histories/stories may be based on mythical characters. Some articles are written in such a way I'm certain it's meant to either confuse or mislead us, and the true history may well be hidden out of sight, or possibly unknown. Hence legends and myths are made up or may be based on real historical characters, with some truths and some add ons to the storys along the way.
Old 23-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post
Are we being conned into believing the dates of artefacts objects and everything else from ancient or modern history?

Am I rightfully sceptical of such sciences? Or just ignorant of the facts and process?
Does anyone really understand how this works? Or is it technical mumbo jumbo and nonsense dressed up as fact and truth?
So anyone understand how these sciences work? Or are you taking it on faith that they do?

If it's too complicated to explain that's okay, maybe you need to know about certain sciences, chemical formulas have masters degree in science or something to even debate such things let alone understand them.
Old 26-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
eternal_spirit
Inactive

So anyone understand how these sciences work? Or are you taking it on faith that they do?
Old 26-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
rodin
Banned

Some reading

Faking Evidence Dead Sea Scrolls etc

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77604

How much do you think is hoaxed?

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83674

Dinosaurs?

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83087
rodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
rodin
Banned

Quote:
Thanks to What Really Happened!!!
The story of David is the first big lie?

"Egypt is literally littered with the ruins of the ancient temples and palaces of her rulers. As much as has been found, it is estimated that only 1/3 of Egypt's archeological wonders have been uncovered to date. A newly discovered temple was uncovered while digging a sewer line, and a cache of finely preserved mummies was literally stumbled over by a cow in a pasture.

Iraq's ancient heritage was enshrined in its ancient sites and museum. As a result of the war, many of those sites have been damaged or destroyed. Part of the ancient city or Ur now lies underneath a US air base runway. The treasures of the museum have only partly been recovered. The treasures from the looted archaeological sites have been scattered to the world.

Likewise, Iran has a rich archaeological heritage marking its place in history.

All of this wealth of archaeological treasures must of course annoy Israel. We are raised from birth with Old Testament tales of the greatness of the ancient Israelites, of the powerful kingdoms of Solomon and David and the first temple. Yet Israel, while rich in antiquities, is almost totally devoid of artifacts from this supposedly glorious time in her history. The existence of the fabled First Temple was supported with just two artifacts, a carved staff ornament in the shape of a pomegranate and the Jehoash tablet. Both of these artifacts have been exposed as frauds. We are told that once there was a magnificent temple on that hill, but it "all went away." The wonders emerging from the soil of Egypt, Iraq, and Iran serve as a constant reminder that ancient buildings of such a scale as we are told the First Temple was simply do not vanish without a trace.

There is considerable reason to suspect that the tales told in the Old Testament are just that; tales. The Bible is not science, it is the collected stories of a primitive tribal people reminding each other how important they are. And like fishermen talking about the one that got away, or Ramses with his temple carvings of the did-not-really-happen victory over the Hittites at Kadesh, the writers of the ancient testaments assumed that the people they were telling stories to had no way to verify the claims for themselves. So "embellishment" was a low-risk activity.

We do know from the available archaeological evidence that the Exodus probably actually happened to the Hyksos, not the Israelites. We know that the story of Moses is suspect because no Egyptian princess would hide a Hebrew child inside Pharaoh's household, then give the kid a Hebrew name ("Moses" is actually an Egyptian title meaning "Prince" and is included in the names of many Pharaoh's names such as Tut-Moses, Ah-Moses, Ra-Moses (Ramses) etc.)...

But, over time, entire religions with attendant wealth and power structures have been built on the premise that these old testament stories really happened exactly as written. And today, here in the 21st century world, science has started to catch up with these ancient legends and call many of them into doubt.

So, for a nation that justifies its existence on the writings of the Torah, the plethora of sites and artifacts confirming the ancient histories of Egypt, Iraq, Iran, etc. etc. etc. must seem a dire political threat for a nation whose own ancient history seems to have left little if any traces at all."
http://uruknet.info/?p=m55645&hd=&size=1&l=e

read as reply to

http://smokingmirrors.blogspot.com/2...song-goes.html

Last edited by rodin; 26-09-2009 at 03:50 PM.
rodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
e7304
Inactive

Yeah well quite a few years ago I got a bollocking for suggesting that the "wailing wall", which is supposedly the last remains of Solomans temple. is actually the last remaining wall of the Roman outpost fort that was built after Jerusalem was "dismantled stone by stone" by the Romans after numerous up risings by the population.

It is historically known that the Romans came down really hard on the people of Jerusalem , and that the Romans were told that the people held gold in their basemants etc. So the town (not city) was pulled apart "stone by stone" as they searched for the gold.

So the wailing wall is the only remains of the Roman occupiers.

Ironic dont you think?

But as far as dating goes, carbon dating is quite accurate up to 40 000 years. They also do fluoride dating and thermo luscience and other dating methods. But these methods produce conflicting dates , so a "consensus"is reached.

If people today realise that the theory of man made global warming is contrived , well the true history of human kind has been for at least 100 years.

Cremo and Thompson put together research that went back over 150 years, showing that evidence of human habitation of this world goes back millions of years......or that the geologists are totally wrong about everything including dating techniques.

If you dont conform, you lose your job. Just like if you dont conform to the bullshit AGW theory, you lose your job.
e7304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #14
ekim

Anyone read Catastrophobia by Barbara Handclow? Seems to show evidence of timeline cover ups.
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #15
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Thanks. I am even more sceptical than usual. It's a lie that's the truth.
Old 27-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #16
tracker

Quote:

well I suppose with all this carbon emitions we put in the air ----and if it soaks into things which is millions of years old

I mean

how the bloody hell can they date the pyramids ffs ?

the stones they are made with are millions of years old -------------------how can one carbon date when they were cut ???????

its all ------------------- too easy .

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #17
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks. I am even more sceptical than usual. It's a lie that's the truth.
Good to see so many fellow skeptcis
Old 11-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #18
gripit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
well I suppose with all this carbon emitions we put in the air ----and if it soaks into things which is millions of years old

I mean

how the bloody hell can they date the pyramids ffs ?

the stones they are made with are millions of years old -------------------how can one carbon date when they were cut ???????

its all ------------------- too easy .

Exactly what I was gonna post. They can't carbon date when a rock was cut. Even if they could date it somehow, would you believe Egyptian Antiquities? NEVER!

You're right to be skeptical, eternal_spirit
gripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripit View Post
Exactly what I was gonna post. They can't carbon date when a rock was cut. Even if they could date it somehow, would you believe Egyptian Antiquities? NEVER!

You're right to be skeptical, eternal_spirit
Or any other antiquities for that matter!
So no one has taken the challenge to try prove dating methods work, or explain why they think they work or how. All faith based because the "experts" tell you it's true. Possibly a quack science not based on facts or reality.

Unless proven otherwise?
Old 15-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by e7304 View Post
Yeah well quite a few years ago I got a bollocking for suggesting that the "wailing wall", which is supposedly the last remains of Solomans temple. is actually the last remaining wall of the Roman outpost fort that was built after Jerusalem was "dismantled stone by stone" by the Romans after numerous up risings by the population.

It is historically known that the Romans came down really hard on the people of Jerusalem , and that the Romans were told that the people held gold in their basemants etc. So the town (not city) was pulled apart "stone by stone" as they searched for the gold.

So the wailing wall is the only remains of the Roman occupiers.

Ironic dont you think?

But as far as dating goes, carbon dating is quite accurate up to 40 000 years. They also do fluoride dating and thermo luscience and other dating methods. But these methods produce conflicting dates , so a "consensus"is reached.

If people today realise that the theory of man made global warming is contrived , well the true history of human kind has been for at least 100 years.

Cremo and Thompson put together research that went back over 150 years, showing that evidence of human habitation of this world goes back millions of years......or that the geologists are totally wrong about everything including dating techniques.

If you dont conform, you lose your job. Just like if you dont conform to the bullshit AGW theory, you lose your job.
I read somewhere that the Ark of the Covenant was mostly made of gold and may have been melted down by I think it was the Babylonians who were rivals and had various wars with the Israelites. Although maybe it could have been any of a number of rival tribes - Yahweh did command the Israelites to destroy her neighbours.

Well I don't believe the world is 6,000 years old? Torah/Bible spiel! Surely not many do. I suspect there was some mistranslation to do with a great cataclysm and rebuilding of civilisation/society in the aftermath, or the entry of a new religion which was an amalgamated mish mash of various previous ones (6,000 or so years ago)