Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 30-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #1
infinite i

Default Your Favourite Sci-fi movies?

Hey folks so its a holiday here and was wanting a few films to watch. I love sci-fi I recently watched intersteller bit slow but excellent film. The world is ending and humans need to find somewhere else to live, basically. I love films where the world is going to end or has ended, like war of the worlds, I am Legend things like that.

I watched jupiter ascending last night, it was good bit bullshit, loads of explosions and crap I cant be bothered with but good themes, humanity on earth is nothing but a farm for more technologically advanced humans who reptillians and greys work with, just a bit bullshit some of it but decent sci fi.

So things like that anything thats sci fi or the world is ending would be great. Just downloading Edge of tomorrow, the signal, prometheus and predestination so hoeing there decent but any ideas would be good, oh thinking out loud someone mentioned exystence or something, ill go get that that sounded good and I keep forgetting, sorry for going on cheers

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #2
kizzie
Registered Users

I watched a film called "in time" the other day I really liked it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/
Old 30-04-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
metak88

Oblivion (2013) is watchable...

It's hard to find a good sci-fi movie nowadays. Just crap and some more stupid crap...

Better to just read/watch manga/anime...
Old 30-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #4
infinite i

Hey thanks guys, seen them both, both decent enough.

Interstellar isnt just stupid crap, its pretty good, bit different. Jupiter ascending is mostly stupid crap though lol

Old 30-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #5
andy1033

There is plenty of films out there very watch-able, if you look. Alot of them on imdb get bad scores as they are before 2000, and anything after 2000 gets high scores just for being new.

So with the net, there is tonnes of films you have never seen, and plenty of them very decent quality.

The morons from hollywood use these boards, and the net for ideas, so its a bad idea to watch films nowadays. Before the net started at least hollywood had to steal there ideas from books or from people selling there ideas to hollywood. Today they use resources like the net to steal ideas for movies, and i think alot of times they miss the point of what they are saying, as they do not understand it.

So for me i do not watch any films after 2001 or so, and there is plenty out there.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #6
kizzie
Registered Users

What about "Lucy" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/

I enjoyed it.. Dont have a TV and wasnt intrested in films or anything for many years but now got into watching one film before bed..

Last edited by kizzie; 30-04-2015 at 07:48 AM.
kizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
semper_occultus

Kubrick's 2001 is to Interstellar as Tolkien is to Terry Brooks...as Charlotte Bronte is to Danielle Steel.....peerless and magisterial...

...if you like William Gibson style si-fi then I recommend Cypher
semper_occultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #8
semper_occultus

...that film is Existenz by David Cronenberg....sort fo followed on from the earlier exercise in dystopian fantasy / horror with sci-fi overtones...Videodrome.....( and ofcourse his 80's classic Scanners )

Last edited by semper_occultus; 30-04-2015 at 09:06 AM.
semper_occultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #9
infinite i

Yeah Lucy that's a good suggestion not seen that cheers kizzie got a few now, got existenz too to watch and cheers semper I'll check it out too.

I don't write off modern films at all Andy lot of good films around but reason I asked was to find out about older ones I may not be aware of.

Old 30-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #10
kizzie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite I View Post
Yeah Lucy that's a good suggestion not seen that cheers kizzie got a few now, got existenz too to watch and cheers semper I'll check it out too.

I don't write off modern films at all Andy lot of good films around but reason I asked was to find out about older ones I may not be aware of.
Well if you find any real good ones. Let me know please. For me its mostly trial and error as know naff all about films or TV

What I have been doing is searching for " Top 50 (insert genre here) films.
Old 30-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #11
infinite i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzie View Post
Well if you find any real good ones. Let me know please. For me its mostly trial and error as know naff all about films or TV

What I have been doing is searching for " Top 50 (insert genre here) films.
Yeah thats a good idea,l done that earlier for 2014 just watched well in parts edge of darkness, was ok. Typical bs aliens attack movie, not that deep but he dies, then has to keep reliving the same day to try to get things right, its ok not great watchable but usual action crap a lot of the time...

Old 30-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #12
white light

I rather like '50's sci-fi. The Day The Earth Stood Still, Forbidden Planet, Them, Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers, This Island Earth, The Thing From Another World, The War Of The Worlds, The Quatermass Xperiment, Quatermass 2, Earth Vs The Flying Saucers, 20 Million Miles To Earth, The Blob, etc.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
I rather like '50's sci-fi. The Day The Earth Stood Still, Forbidden Planet, Them, Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers, This Island Earth, The Thing From Another World, The War Of The Worlds, The Quatermass Xperiment, Quatermass 2, Earth Vs The Flying Saucers, 20 Million Miles To Earth, The Blob, etc.
Now you're talking! Love the 50's B movies.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #14
infinite i

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Yeah classic stuff seen most of them but will check the ones Ive not good reminder cheers

Old 30-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
getagrip
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite I View Post
Yeah classic stuff seen most of them but will check the ones Ive not good reminder cheers
Fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=LrgvW0KFJqg

Edit: I love this shit!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am3RFJesipo

Last edited by Getagrip; 30-04-2015 at 01:27 PM.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #16
twilight_sparkle
Banned

Cloud Atlas
Interstellar
Moon
The Fountain
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #17
kizzie
Registered Users

Im trying to think of one I watched the other week and loved!

All I can think of is that they were fantasy creatures very tall and blue.
Avatar? or something like that..

That is my type of film..
Used to love horror and violence etc but now cannot watch those at all.
Old 30-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #18
twilight_sparkle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzie View Post
What about "Lucy" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/

I enjoyed it.. Dont have a TV and wasnt intrested in films or anything for many years but now got into watching one film before bed..
Lucy = The Lawnmower Man

Have you noticed this trend to rehash old movies with female leads? Just like Divergent and The Hunger Games are based on 1984, Logan's Run, the Running Man, Battle Royal, Soylent Green, the list goes on.
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 05:01 PM   #19
huyi

i watched i origins the other day, it's about a scientist that studies eyes and finds a link between reincarnation and our eyes, it's nonsense yes, but i liked watching the scientist debate with his girlfriend who was very spiritual say everything she believed in doesn't exist, until she was renincarnated herself that is.

cloud atlas is very good aswell, which is about the same subject.
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #20
happiness2bliss

Although not all of them represent anything real or have the end of the world theme, i have a list of things i like. Some movies, miniseries\series and docs.

First off ofcourse, They live. I love that movie and i even rock the shirt.
Series, The Unexplained Files, Invisible Worlds. Invisible Worlds will blow your mind with their high tech slomo camera's capturing everyday things you cant otherwise see.
"Farscape" This one i like the most for a tv sci fi serie and also includes really hot alien babes and is generally a really good watch "5 seasons aprox 25 episodes of 40 minutes each season"
Firefly. "serie"
Thrive. " good new doc about government, big buisness and the supression of free energy.
Room 237 and Back To The Future Decoded. "movie analogies with deep meanings and subliminals"
Stephen king's, The Stand and Storm Of The Century.
The Great Subliminal Message Deception.
For good laughs and possible insights, Karl Pilkinton's an idiot abroad and the moaning of life.
I just watched a season of Hangar 1 from the History Channel which was pretty decent.
I know a lot more but the beer is hitting me and to go through all of that will take you a week unless your some superman so enjoy.

Greetings from the dutchlands

Last edited by TheyLiveWeSleepAtNight; 30-04-2015 at 06:27 PM.
happiness2bliss is offline   Reply With Quote