Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > Human Race Get Off Your Knees

View Poll Results: Which in your opinion would be beneficial ?
Bitcoin 2 9.09%
Gold/silver 20 90.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
theabbot 7
Inactive

Default Bitcoin Or Gold/silver

which would be more benefical to invest in? and why?
theabbot 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
bluefool

Well, to answer that accurately you'd need a crystal ball. However as a starting point to think about, precious metals are a mature product. They've held their value for centuries if not millenia. They're generally considered a safe bet. Especially if you're thinking that currency might inflate and financial markets might struggle.

The downside to metals is they aren't liquid. You've got to decide how you're going to hold them and what you want to achieve from holding them. Do you want a fund that tracks the price of gold or a coin under the matress? When will you want to sell it? As soon as the price goes up or when you retire as part of a pension plan?

Bitcoin is a very new thing. It's hard to see what will become of it. There isn't the history that metals have. That could mean it's getting in close to the ground floor and it will go right up. It could also mean the buzz about it now is the best it will achieve and it will never establish itself as a useful currency. It's not the safe bet metals have historically been, but it could be a digital revolution. Or a disaster.

I would see metals as a safe haven if you don't trust currency (and there may be good reason not to) and bitcoin as a bit of a "don't put anything in it that you're not prepared to lose" kind of a bet.

I know the square root of bugger all about finance though, so don't trust my advice!

Read up yourself as much as you can and make a proper assessment of your situation and a plan for the future. Check kitco.com which has lots of info about metals. Charts and the like.

Oh, and watch the Keiser Report too (maxkeiser.com).
bluefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabbot 7 View Post
which would be more benefical to invest in? and why?
If money was no object then silver, but not in ingot form, but jewelers grade sheet and various ring sections/shapes etc, so it can be used without having to smelt and roll it again, lots of it while its cheap, silver can be traded as a form of trade to the trade if you know what I mean, failing that, skills are by far the best trade anyone can have.

If you've got no metals but hands to do things you will survive
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
grandmasterp
Banned

Gold and Bitcoin are tanking.
Alex Brummer signals " get out of Bitcoin pronto" and that lad is an insider.
I posted the article last week.
Gold tends to be a sound long term investment and you can always sell gold.
Might be that you'll not be able to give Bitcoin away once the big boys move in on it.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
herzmeister

Why either/or?

Mostly the advice is to diversify.

Bitcoin may promise high returns if successful. But it's high risk. And I say that as the official DIF Bitcoin shill, as it seems lately.

I guess you post this thread because Gold is tanking lately. Maybe it will recover, who knows? Don't forget that that there's also new risk with Gold, as technology progresses, because maybe it can be synthesized one day.

At the end of the day money is just information, that's all it is. The stored information of the value of our labor. There has no tool been invented yet to store it reliably without risk. And I guess there won't ever be as long as we live in the material world. That's why we need to diversify (or work towards a world where we'd live without money ).
Old 20-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
magritte

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzmeister View Post
Don't forget that that there's also new risk with Gold, as technology progresses, because maybe it can be synthesized one day.
Its been done already years ago along with diamonds its just stupidly expensive.

The only stable thing about bitcoin is its ideal for illegal activities so though it can fluctuate massively its always going to be used for that unless something else takes its place.

Last edited by magritte; 20-04-2013 at 10:25 PM.
magritte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
herzmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by magritte View Post
stupidly expensive
Moore's Law.
Old 20-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #8
living99

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Gold and Bitcoin are tanking.
Alex Brummer signals " get out of Bitcoin pronto" and that lad is an insider.

Might be that you'll not be able to give Bitcoin away once the big boys move in on it.
Bitcoin if it becomes too popular can be closed down leaving you with nothing. If you don't believe that who would have believed what happened in Cyprus and coming to a country near you sooner than we think.

The advantage of metals is that they are tangible - you can hold it in your hand. We are about 10% or less from the bottom so I am preparing to move sharpish should it hit 1250 or below. I would personally prefer to buy silver as I feel it will give greater dividends in the longer-term but it is bulky if buying coins.
Jim Sinclair believes that gold, having being heavily manipulated down, is an opportunity for the Central Banks to buy cheaply and replenish or add to stocks, whilst giving us little investors a big scare, will in the future be a fundamental part of the system.

Anybody buying longs on gold and silver now?
living99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #9
herzmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by living99 View Post
Bitcoin if it becomes too popular can be closed down
it can't, it's P2P
they'd have to shut down the whole internet.
and then you can't check the gold price charts so easily anymore either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by living99 View Post
leaving you with nothing. If you don't believe that who would have believed what happened in Cyprus and coming to a country near you sooner than we think.
To the contrary, the events in Cyprus is what caused the recent rush into Bitcoins (from Spaniards, Italians etc). Bitcoins are essentially private keys (secret codes) that you store on your PC, or even offline, printed on paper, or as a so-called brainwallet in your mind.
Old 20-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
living99

Smile

Quote:
it can't, it's P2P
they'd have to shut down the whole internet.
and then you can't check the gold price charts so easily anymore either.
Yep, you've got me there; I don't understand the nuances of this system but what I mean is TPTB could find some way of prohibiting use of them. If its still around in 2 years then I will consider it an opportunity missed; like the many I missed in my life because i lacked vision as opposed to being merely cautious.

To the contrary, the events in Cyprus is what caused the recent rush into Bitcoins (from Spaniards, Italians etc). Bitcoins are essentially private keys (secret codes) that you store on your PC, or even offline, printed on paper, or as a so-called brainwallet in your mind.
[/QUOTE]

Yes I know. But nobody expected that the ordinary citizens and savers would have to pay the E banks or that in order to stop an outflow of money from the country they would exercise control currency. Desperate government do desperate things. As somebody else on the site so eloquently puts it 'just sayin'.

Last edited by living99; 20-04-2013 at 11:56 PM.
living99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #11
h2pogo
Inactive

All of them just make sure the metal is physical in your possession..Just dump fiat,

But i suppose it depends what you want it for?

If you want to buy stuff online physical metal isnt so good..But if you want to stash it to buy something at a future date I think physical is best, but i am crap with computers and bits of paper..
Also,
goes without saying , gold and silver markets are terribly rigged, bitcoin has the advantage there, but still has the different speculation issues..

Edit...Just re read the OP...Best not look at any of them as an investment, but rather as money or a store of wealth..Investing is some thing you do with money or your energy.

Last edited by h2pogo; 21-04-2013 at 12:32 AM.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #12
the apprentice
Inactive

What we have today is electronic banking via the android 94% already, the rest is now being hoovered up as debt money, removing the remaining phyisicals at an ever quickening rate, the mobile phone will be the chosen route because it functions as nearly everything.

Then I believe they will burn the alternative electronic via the section 44 of the T A, link it to their own laundered drugs money and it will spell the end of that route, job done as in the Austrian model.

Look into how the blocked that route and one will see how easy it would be to do, once the public were on their side by a series of slick advertising.

The way for a true alternative to be born is, by makers around the world to back their new tokens with using their own hands, with physical wares as a back up, not something out of thin air or electronic, do this and the elite are finished as the leading controllers, because those putting up the physical assetts will strive to retain their freedom of working for their own well being, not a middle man.

We have seen what such a single roof has created for the middlings medling with everything we purchase, its a jungle out there, and Amazon are hiding all their wealth amongst the trees, when the makers of things could be keeping amongst their own stones.

They would try to keep all prices even so everybody can afford a decent product that will last a lifetime, not escalate prices to where nobody can afford them, as the current model does.

The way forward is a "Forward Trust" of each other, not distrust of a few, with real hands making their own way to freedom, its the only true path, just like what got us here in the old days in the first place.

Back to the days where 80% of bicycles were made in Britain, not riden in China.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 AM   #13
theabbot 7
Inactive

the whole bitcoin craze just seems like a fad that is here today gone tomorrow, it somewhat reminds me of a mma site i use to be a member of where you e-bet/e-gamble. i was wondering outside of gold/silver what are your thoughts on other minerals such as palladium, platinum,etc.?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #14
herzmeister

Being able to send value around the world near-instantly, potentially anonymously without any bureaucracy or sign-ups, practically for free is a fad?

Storing money solely in your mind, without it being able to be confiscated is a fad?

No central authority that can control it is a fad?

A large community-driven project and a rich developing eco-system around it driven by self-motivation is a fad?

You're a Luddite.

This is something entirely new that's never been here before in history.

Bitcoin will continue to be a volatile asset, there's big risk as it may not be the final answer and be superseded by a successor, attempts at regulation and control by governmental authorities may spawn offsets and disperse the current value of the system, but the concept of crypto-currency is here to stay.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
thirsty4

Bitcoin - no idea. Sounds dodgy. Gold/silver? Are you considering buying the actual metals or an interest in them? Have read that investments in Gold are many times the total value of all gold mined in the history of this planet, i.e. that much gold does not exist, like wise Fort Knox, Federal Reserve vaults in New York etc etc have been pilfered so Gold may crash when people realise it's a scam. The price of Silver has been claimed to be kept down deliberately by whoever controls it - the Duponts maybe? - and will go 3-5 times its current price within 3 years - can't remember the source for that info. I invest my cash in a jar in the kitchen - not really - I'm not going to tell you where it is.
thirsty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
the apprentice
Inactive

Like all things electrical it has an ultimate switch, unless that is we have our own day time solar power and radio comms to keep the dreams alive, as we stand, Iridium control the airways which such digitalisation runs, who is Iridium?.

I will admit it, for my personal energy and wealth I am a true luddite, but for technology I am a supporter if it makes my labour go further for the individual, technology and machinery helps to take the strain away.

In all, the instant payment thing is fine as long as one could assure that the wealth goes directly to those who really deserve it, IE, the ones supplying the labour.
Everyone here knows that this will never happen and electronic labour which is basically what it is, will never be totally fair unless there are seasoned articifers to make the systems electronics run smoothly and fairly in full view.

And remember, where there is great wealth in anonimity, there is nearly always great suffering and huge stagnation of those supplying the labour, skills.

Electro-coining reality is no different than what we have right now, being 95% illusional plastic batton as we stand.

So when your coin no matter what kind has grown in value, that value is false unless your supplied at least 50 % of the labour that went into creating it, I know this, and everyone else should at least strive towards it, and freedom of the body that is connected to the hands driving that energy.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
(or work towards a world where we'd live without money ).
theres your answer. but most aren't ready for it. and so its a matter of how far we have to go vs how long we have because of it.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
herzmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
theres your answer. but most aren't ready for it. and so its a matter of how far we have to go vs how long we have because of it.
one step after the other, the first step would be debt-free money.

if you want to see a world without money, it has to become (largely) redundant because people are able to create abundance among themselves from the bottom-up;

if you want to forbid money top-down, you'd need a dictatorship. And even then, if there is still scarcity, people will form black markets and use barter items as money (mostly cigs) to get the stuff they want.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
theabbot 7
Inactive

Quote:
Being able to send value around the world near-instantly, potentially anonymously without any bureaucracy or sign-ups, practically for free is a fad?

Storing money solely in your mind, without it being able to be confiscated is a fad?

No central authority that can control it is a fad?

A large community-driven project and a rich developing eco-system around it driven by self-motivation is a fad?

You're a Luddite.

This is something entirely new that's never been here before in history.

Bitcoin will continue to be a volatile asset, there's big risk as it may not be the final answer and be superseded by a successor, attempts at regulation and control by governmental authorities may spawn offsets and disperse the current value of the system, but the concept of crypto-currency is here to stay.
because i disagree with a new idea im a luddite?. SMH,thats not helping either of us. where is the real value of bitcoin?

Last edited by theabbot 7; 02-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #20
theabbot 7
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by super glue View Post
Like all things electrical it has an ultimate switch, unless that is we have our own day time solar power and radio comms to keep the dreams alive, as we stand, Iridium control the airways which such digitalisation runs, who is Iridium?.

I will admit it, for my personal energy and wealth I am a true luddite, but for technology I am a supporter if it makes my labour go further for the individual, technology and machinery helps to take the strain away.

In all, the instant payment thing is fine as long as one could assure that the wealth goes directly to those who really deserve it, IE, the ones supplying the labour.
Everyone here knows that this will never happen and electronic labour which is basically what it is, will never be totally fair unless there are seasoned articifers to make the systems electronics run smoothly and fairly in full view.

And remember, where there is great wealth in anonimity, there is nearly always great suffering and huge stagnation of those supplying the labour, skills.

Electro-coining reality is no different than what we have right now, being 95% illusional plastic batton as we stand.

So when your coin no matter what kind has grown in value, that value is false unless your supplied at least 50 % of the labour that went into creating it, I know this, and everyone else should at least strive towards it, and freedom of the body that is connected to the hands driving that energy.

this is what some people cant seem to grasp