Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 15-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
jimijams

Default Awakening - Emerging from Spiritual Darkness

Awakening

Emerging from Spiritual Darkness

When we think of the term awakening, it usually has something to do with returning to cognitive, conscious state of awareness from an altered, illusionary state that we call dreaming. Therefore, awakening came best be described as coming to a conscious awareness of the real world around us from an illusionary state. In spiritual context, the term awakening has two applications, as we shall discuss in the nest couple of articles. One aspect of awakening deals with coming to a conscious awareness that we as humans never experience reality. We experience our interpretation of reality based upon our illusion of reality, which is just a fancy term for our perception of reality based upon what we expect reality to be. Both forms of awakening are based upon some change in our illusion of reality. One is a change that is based solely upon life's experiences and the other is based upon a single illusion shattering event. Both forms of awakening are equally valid, although the latter tends to create a more profound quantum leap within the individual. Let's begin by discussing awakening and our illusion of reality from the more mundane aspect.

One of the buzz words of the New Age is the term "awakening." It generally implies that Man will only achieve the next level of human experience via some great human awakening in order for us as a race to "evolve" en masse. Correspondingly, it is implied that the planet itself must undergo an awakening in order to "evolve" to its next phase of existence as well. The future of our species and the world seems to hinge upon this great change. Theory has it that, if enough people awaken, the 100th monkey principle will initiate some great global (if not universal) transformation, and we will achieve a state of planetary Nirvana. Awaken to what? A world of agape love? A world of one minded consciousness? A world of peace and prosperity? I propose to you that the kind of "awakening" being discussed within this context is not only diametrically opposed to human nature, regardless of how civilized we may pretend to be, but it is diametrically opposed to the purpose of our very existence. Like awakening, the concepts of "growth" and "evolution" have been given lofty definitions, without any real basis in the normal human experience. People don't change unless they want to, and people don't want to unless some force or motivation of great reward or discomfort mandate it. Otherwise, people continue to exist in the same state of comfortable discomfort until moved upon by overwhelming force. From the dawn of time, people would rather believe a lie than be forced to change their illusion of reality. Long after science has conclusively proven religion wrong, the churches and their membership cling to their antiquated doctrines. Long after relationships are dead and become malignant, people cling to the comfort of the discomfort.

If Shaman's Cave is about anything, it's about understanding reality and our relationship to reality. It's about understanding our collective, as well as individual, illusions of reality. It's about overcoming and eliminating aspects of our illusion of reality that hinder and bind us, and altering our illusion of reality to incorporate concepts that advance and expand our knowledge and power. Expanding that knowledge and power comes from a willingness to experiment and experience, which frequently means that we must overcome our inhibitions and fears, and venture wherever the path leads. For some, that means overcoming deeply entrenched moral and religious taboos. For others, that means overcoming family and peer pressure and going forward in spite of that family and peer pressure. For some, it means just getting off your lazy ass and doing something. Shaman's Cave has expressed two over-riding themes. "Everything that you have ever been taught is a lie. Now go find truth." and "Whatever you will or won't do, wherever you will or won't go, determines what you can or can not become."

Assuming that human nature is what it is, has ever been what it is, and most likely will remain the same as it is in the future, what are we left with? The most base aspects of human nature, when not masked by social restraint. Consensus reality is a collective singularity of belief within a group of people, usually of such deeply entrenched value as to elicit conflict if challenged by an outside force.

So back to the original question, what is "awakening?" In the truest sense, awakening is the realization that everything that you have ever been taught is a lie. It is the realization that you do not live in reality. You live in your own interpretation of reality, as it is filtered through your illusion of reality. It is the realization that you are the by-product of everything that you have accepted as truth, regardless of its factual basis, and you have allowed it to become your deeply entrenched blinders to life. The more entrenched your illusion of reality, the more easily threatened you are by everything around you. Why are you threatened? What are you trying to defend? Why?

Awakening means that you can step outside the box and not be threatened by being there. You can examine every aspect of your illusion of reality in the light of something besides your own illusion of reality. You can discover all the obsolete and erroneous aspects of your illusion of reality without being frightened or threatened at the possibility that you really could be mistaken. You are willing to examine other realities and possibilities other than your own. You can accept your Shadow Side and all the dark secrets that it holds and embrace that aspect of your self. You are not ashamed to be sensual, sexual and deviant if you so desire. You can accept the things that you think that are not socially or politically correct. You can run naked through a crowded public street if you feel like it. You can have a relationship with someone of your own gender if that is where you are at. You can experiment with B&D and other social taboos. You can participate in witchcraft and ritual because it is what you want to experience right now.

Awakening is casting off the shackles of social conformity and consensus reality and daring to be different. Daring to experiment and experience. It's about becoming free enough of everyone else's truths and expectations that you can discover and live your own truth. If awakening is about self freedom, self awareness and self expression, then evolution is the result of that awakening. Evolution is about growing and expanding. Evolution is about becoming more than those around you, who are a bunch of sheep being unconsciously herded about by a learned, deeply entrenched consensus reality, which is supported and maintained by age old socialization techniques that will quickly bring you back into line if you get out of line. How do they bring you back into line? They scorn you, chastise you, criticize you, or kick you out. You should be so lucky. That could be the best thing that could happen to you, if you were smart enough to understand what was happening and take advantage of it.

In Shaman's Cave, I discuss the concept of Shamanic Illness. In every life, there are key moments when the individual is faced with a "crisis" in which normal consensus reality breaks down and the individual is given the opportunity to clearly observe the cracks in their illusion of reality. A crack in a person's illusion of reality occurs when what the person is experiencing is traumatic enough to force the individual to search outside their illusion of reality for answers or solutions to the present experience. The most common response of individuals deeply entrenched in their illusion of reality is to quickly plaster over the cracks and pretend that it never happened. The most common plaster is denial and rationalization. If a person continues to plaster over the cracks long enough, they become oblivious to them by creating a automatic plastering process. The fortunate ones choose to observe and acknowledge the cracks and choose to explore their implications. The crisis is the threshold of the awakening. Acknowledging and responding to the implications of the crack is awakening. Learning and applying the lessons of the crack is evolution.

I stated at the beginning of this article that I did not believe that there would ever be a human en masse awakening on this planet. I base that conclusion upon two aspects of my own awakening. The first factor is quite simply human nature. Lust, greed, and power dominate one side of the equation, while indifference, laziness and apathy dominate the other. Humans do not desire an awakening. They like things to remain quite static even when they recognize that change is both desirable and necessary. Secondarily, I have come to the conclusion that in order for there to be an awakening, the previously mentioned conditions of human nature must exist. If everyone were to undergo a mass awakening, and this world were to make a paradisiacal leap in evolution, the conditions under which the cracks in Man's illusion of reality exist would be largely negated. That seems, at this point in my own understanding, to be contrary to the reason Man and this world were created as they were. There must always be constructive imbalance in order for there to be growth. An individual's awakening seems to require the trauma, struggle and eventual triumph in order to have meaning and context. Without the trauma and struggle, the triumph is meaningless and hollow.

Experience brings forth knowledge. But most frequently the knowledge that comes from experience comes not by success the first time, but from knowledge founded upon trial and error. The trial and error can only be accomplished in an environment where failure is not only a possibility, but an acceptable risk. If experience brings forth knowledge, and knowledge is the fountain of power, then the greatest endeavor which we can embark upon during our mortal life is to experience as much as life will offer, regardless of the risk of failure. It is said that we enjoy the incandescence that illuminates our homes during darkness because Thomas Edison failed to invent the incandescent bulb over 10,000 times. We do not remember how many times he failed, just the once that he succeeded.

In Shaman's Cave, I do not articulate the decades of trial and error that I worked through in order to present you the wisdom that my experiences have granted me. I simply present to you the matter of fact knowledge that those years yielded. I am satisfied that my years of experience were rewarded beyond my wildest imagination. That is a wonderful hind sight. I am sure that there are many of you who are reading this material are even now pondering the future of your own quest and what your experiences will grant to you. There are no secret concepts or magickal rituals that grant spiritual insight. As I have expressed throughout Shaman's Cave, the only difference between an awakened and empowered soul and the average man or woman is the simple truth that the empowered soul consciously understands and uses the principles of creation and the power of the subconscious. Everyday people, lacking an understanding of the principles, and failing to tap into the subconscious, unwittingly create their own destruction.

I once apprenticed to a wise old medicine man. People traveled from around the world to ask his advice and seek his blessings. As I discuss the topic of awakening, I think of him and the wise counsel which he gave everyone who sought him out. "When you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, you will do something." Those great words of fact also ring true as we discuss your awakening. When will you awaken? When you are
sick and tired of being sick and tired.
http://www.shamans-cave.com/novus_awakening.htm
jimijams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
rakkoo

good thread
rakkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
rakkoo

good thread
Old 03-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
rakkoo

i like this thread
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
andyparf

well i think you got it nailed, best post ive read for a long time
andyparf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
dolores1

Talking Awakening means that you can step outside the box

"Awakening means that you can step outside the box and not be threatened by being there. "

Fear still keeps most people in the box, even people who would acknowledge the truth of the illusion. They don't know how to handle this on an individual basis and still mostly experience their lives as an individual, because of the ego/mind drive.

Also at heart and I mean deep in their hearts most people regardless of their physical age are children! They still look for the God/father/mother/adult figure when they are ill, tired, beaten, broken hearted, betrayed and otherwise let down.

It is then, I have found they look outside themselves for the "GOD" figure, it is a fear reaction! They lack the trust in themselves to go within so they go without!

People can be so badly scarred by their early experiences that they carry this burden their entire lives, not knowing that when they remember the bad experience, they are emotionally at the age at which this occured!

These fears have binds of iron on the personality! So to help people and ourselves we need to take these fears out of their hidden child sized coffins and expose them to the light of our new knowledge.

This can take great courage on the part of very damaged people and awakening is not a light switch, it is a journey!
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote