Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
Firewand

Default Air rifles.

An air rifle in my view is the ultimate hunting tool, they are quiet, accurate and easy to maintain and tune. Here is a list of excellent modern air rifles that can be tuned to near supersonic velocity's, around 1,100 feet per second.

(for other countries outside the USA check your air gun laws)
(To take an air rifle above 12ft lbs in the u.k is an offence without a f.a.c)

The air rifles on the list are not cheap to buy.

Theoben rapid 7 (mk 1)

A very easy weapon to maintain and tune.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...5032008196.jpg

Weihrauch hw 100 mk 1. a very very nice airrifle when tuned.

Air arms s410 (mk 1) a very nice bit of kit.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40180

webley FX2000.

Tuning kits.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~trobb/page2.html

Last edited by Firewand; 04-09-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Firewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
none
Inactive

I was planning an airgun for rabbits and grouse etc ..... I am on a very restricted budget .... what's out there for people like me who only have ...say£100max for a gun?
I'd be happy to go second hand as well.
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
the itinerant shrubber

How do you charge the pre charged rifles? Do you need a compressed air cylinder?
the itinerant shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
Firewand

Quote:
Originally Posted by the itinerant shrubber View Post
How do you charge the pre charged rifles? Do you need a compressed air cylinder?
No you can do it with a special hand pump made for the job, each gun cylinder has a different adaptor thread, depending on the make. you can charge them with a compressed air tank which you can refill at any dive centre. When the cylinder on the gun is fully charged you usually get between 40-100 shots per fill, depending on what power setting you have the gun on

A compressed air tank when fully filled will give you about 6-10 refills of the gun cylinder and usally costs just a couple of quid to refill. The hand pump takes about 5 minutes to pump an average size gun cylinder up to around 200bar, which is easily enough for a days shooting on a moderate setting.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Firewand

Air gun hunting and survival skills. And preparing rabbits for eating.

Last edited by Firewand; 04-09-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
none
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance View Post
Air gun hunting and survival skills. And preparing rabbits for eating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpwhO...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehYVL...eature=related
Cheers.
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Firewand

Hey none, a nice air rifle that you may pick up for around £100 second hand, if you are lucky, is a weihrauch HW 80, they are a nice bit of kit when fully tuned with the right spring

you have a PM
Old 04-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
jp13

Default Re: Air Guns and the Law

I don't know if this has been mentioned before about air guns, but there are plans afoot to make them illegal. As usual it is starting in Scotland Tommy Sheridan Scottish Solidarity Party has put forward a motion to ban all airguns outright as he can see no reason for anyone wanting to own one. I suspect it will get passed 1st in Scotland, especially after the dreadful accident recently involving a 3 year olsd child shooting her baby brother accidently, I think he has since died, but I'm not sure. There are probably others on this forum who know more about it than me.
I would also caution people with airgums about using them sensibly i.e. don't use it in a city like London even in your garden, as I don't think it would be too far fetched to get a visit from the armed Police and probably end up getting shot dead in the process. I mean if they can shoot a Scottish geezer for "brandishing" a chair leg, to death with impunity, they would have no thinign to stop them shooting you if you had a rifle, especially with a scope.
just my 2pence worth. I used to have a Weblet Hurricane .22 pistol fantastic gun for it's size and very accutare, I would quite like to get another one, but can't justify the need for it and don't know where to buy one. I would really like a crossman pump .22 pistol but I don't think they make them anymore. PM me if you know where to get one.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
Firewand

more fascist policy headed our way then, that fascist prick may not have a reason for anybody to own one, why would he? he's just a treacherous politician, but i and many others have many good reasons to own one, so fuck him. I am living my life under common law and not fascist nazi rule.

Last edited by Firewand; 04-09-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
homebrew1973

You can still buy such weapons but for whatever reason they`ve banned them being delivered, you have to collect them yourself But a postman will deliver a deadly-at-short-range crossbow.
homebrew1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
the itinerant shrubber

I like the idea of a break-barrel as its self contained. Can you recommend any?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #12
marpat
Inactive

Quote:

Theoben evolution or similar. They have break barrels and instead of having a spring use an HE gas ram system which needs very little maintenance and does not weaken with use like a spring gun will. This means you can also leave it cocked for long period without reducing power.

Go for any rifle with a gas ram. Some are also multishot, such as the Theoben SLR. If you go for a springer try an Air Arms TX200
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #13
the itinerant shrubber

Ouch! £585. Unless I can get something decent for 100-200,I'll have to stick with bows.
All useful info if I ever come into some money though...
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #14
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Ouch! £585. Unless I can get something decent for 100-200,I'll have to stick with bows.

You pay for the top quality though. For £250 get an AA TX200. They are very good, or a Weirauch of some type.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #15
eefoxytype_esq

Quote:
Better get a catapult too buster. And a pea-shooter.
eefoxytype_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
Firewand

Quote:
Yep, as marpat pointed out the theoben's and the weihrauch's are very good rifles, built to last, but exspensive. Again Airarms do some pretty good springers, i used to own one that would ping straight through slate over an inch thick.
You should find some usefull info from some of these guys on these airgun forums.

http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index.php?

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/foru...ex.php?act=idx
Old 06-09-2008, 08:09 AM   #17
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eefoxytype_esq View Post
Better get a catapult too buster. And a pea-shooter.
I guess I have been financially lucky. I have an AA S410, an RWS Excalibur and a Theoben evolution, although I havent been using them much recently.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #18
the itinerant shrubber

What about the BSA lighting? http://www.wighillparkguns.co.uk/pro....asp?prod=1606
MY step dad uses one to take rabbits from his garden (a large garden) to great effect. At least I'll be able to test it out. I used to shoot air rifles as a youngster but not seriously. What should you be looking for when you shoot an air rifle? Low recoil-that sort of thing?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #19
Firewand

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
I guess I have been financially lucky. I have an AA S410, an RWS Excalibur and a Theoben evolution, although I havent been using them much recently.
Thats some nice air rifles you have there marpat, the s410 is it the pre anti tamper model?

My air rifle collection consists of a theoben rapid 7 mk1, an awsome rifle when used with 22gn bis mags and a weihrauch HW 100s mk1, a seriously nice and well made german rifle.
I sold my springers a couple of years back.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #20
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance View Post
Thats some nice air rifles you have there marpat, the s410 is it the pre anti tamper model?

My air rifle collection consists of a theoben rapid 7 mk1, an awsome rifle when used with 22gn bis mags and a weihrauch HW 100s mk1, a seriously nice and well made german rifle.
I sold my springers a couple of years back.

You got some nice rifles yourself. Anti tamper S410? is that the version with the safety upgrade for trigger? I dont have the safety catch on mine. Had it about 4 years now.