Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > Human Race Get Off Your Knees

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #41
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

The Moon has a moment of inertia of a solid body, not a hollow one.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #42
oz93666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
Posts: 8,132
Likes: 3,956 (2,160 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elton View Post
I would like to know why the shapreshifting reptilians are sitting on the moon.
Can someone enlighten me?
Because it's territory they can put a presence on , they're also underground on earth, same reason the secret government has a bases here and on the moon , and many countries have bases at the north pole (on the surface). Both these species are territorial ,it's an instinct to take control of areas. There may also be a practical reason , maybe there's equipment the reps have to maintain on the moon that creates the matrix on earth .
The reptilians are not still " piloting the moon around the earth" . it's been positioned in orbit so it doesn't need to be 'piloted' , it just runs by itself.
I can understand this sounds all very crazy , but it's only just the first step on the stairway to the loony bin. Here's the second step ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKEIStOvJjw ....just check that out!!! I'm sure it will keep you doubled up with laughter for hours... The thing is (in my estimation) it's all true!!!
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #43
mykah
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 369
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

The most interesting things about the moon:

It has a fixed orbit, meaning that it always has the same side facing earth and we only ever see that side. This is very unusual, most satalites in orbit have a rotational orbit where they are also spinning on their own rotation, like we do around the sun. Of the hundreds of moons in our solar system only our moon and the two moons of mars have a fixed orbit like that. In fact, NASA and the people they report to are the only humans who for sure know what's on the other side.

It is perfectly distanced from the earth to eclipse the sun multiple times a decade. Putting into words the probability of this phenomena is impossible, it is literally like winning the lottery, the odds of this occurring naturally are a million to one. There is no gravitational or newtonion explanation for why this is.

Its 27+ day orbit fits perfectly into 13 cycles for our orbit around the sun. Again the odds of this occurring randomly are simply staggering, especially when you consider how this fits in with it eclipsing the sun perfectly. If the moon were 5,000 miles further or closer to us, not only would it not perfectly eclipse the sun, but the lunar cycles would not fit calendricly into the solar year.

These three properties make Earth's moon an absolute marvel. The odds of these properties occurring randomly on a planet which also supports intelligent life, a very rare property itself, are simply impossible. What you would expect to see from a moon satellite is a rotational orbit, partial or no solar eclipse, and a random lunar cycle that doesn't sync with the solar cycle. That's normal random planet stuff. What you see on earth is a fixed orbit, a perfect eclipse distance, and a lunar cycle that perfectly matches the solar cycle, and that's kind of insane.

It is hard to look at these observable properties and explain them rationally. It is most certainly a case of intelligent design, be it divine or alien.
mykah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #44
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykah View Post
The most interesting things about the moon:

It has a fixed orbit, meaning that it always has the same side facing earth and we only ever see that side. This is very unusual, most satalites in orbit have a rotational orbit where they are also spinning on their own rotation, like we do around the sun. Of the hundreds of moons in our solar system only our moon and the two moons of mars have a fixed orbit like that. In fact, NASA and the people they report to are the only humans who for sure know what's on the other side.
both of those are wrong. The vast majority of moons in the solar system have the same type of orbit where they are tidally locked to their respective planet and only show one side to it. Also Russia, China, India and Japan have all sent probes to the Moon that have all imaged the far side.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #45
mamnoon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
The vast majority of moons in the solar system have the same type of orbit where they are tidally locked to their respective planet and only show one side to it.
Would you like to elaborate?
mamnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #46
hayed joe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: No longer Quiz Nights Fastest Typer It Appears
Posts: 2,698
Likes: 801 (442 Posts)
Default

Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door over the weekend.
I'm far too polite to people these days... anyway, apart from her musky stank that was still in the house after she left*, she handed me a booklet I still haven't read that suggested the Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse are actually inside the Moon.
Yeah... I'll stick with the Moon being a spacecraft if it's all the same to you!

*=She didn't even come in! She was on the doorway and despite not letting her in, I could still smell her in my living room for many hours later!
__________________
BE MULTI-LINGUAL!!
Because you can never say "Shit... I'm fucked" enough in your own language
hayed joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #47
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamnoon View Post
Would you like to elaborate?
What's to elaborate? Mykah said only the Moon and the two of Mars have a synchronous orbit but the truth is that most of the moons in the solar system do. I already said that. There is nothing to elaborate on.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #48
the mighty zhiba
Inactive
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,828
Likes: 5,989 (2,995 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
both of those are wrong. The vast majority of moons in the solar system have the same type of orbit where they are tidally locked to their respective planet and only show one side to it. Also Russia, China, India and Japan have all sent probes to the Moon that have all imaged the far side.
Are the vast majority of moons in our solar system respectively sized in comparison to their parent planet?

Are they smaller or larger than approximation of 1/3 the size of their parent planet?

Do the vast majority of moons in our solar system reflect such a large surface area as the moon does to Earth - ie 7.4%

Are any moons in our solar system equivalent to the size of the sun from a visual viewpoint from their respective planets?
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #49
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
Are the vast majority of moons in our solar system respectively sized in comparison to their parent planet?

Are they smaller or larger than approximation of 1/3 the size of their parent planet?

Do the vast majority of moons in our solar system reflect such a large surface area as the moon does to Earth - ie 7.4%

Are any moons in our solar system equivalent to the size of the sun from a visual viewpoint from their respective planets?
All of those are irrelevant to the point. It was said that only the Moon and Phobos and Deimos were locked to their respective planets and that is untrue. It has nothing to do with any other properties you want to give the Moon.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #50
the mighty zhiba
Inactive
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,828
Likes: 5,989 (2,995 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
All of those are irrelevant to the point. It was said that only the Moon and Phobos and Deimos were locked to their respective planets and that is untrue. It has nothing to do with any other properties you want to give the Moon.
Care to answer the points anyway - my point in raising such were to show that the moon Lunar is quite unlike any other moon in our solar System.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #51
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
Care to answer the points anyway - my point in raising such were to show that the moon Lunar is quite unlike any other moon in our solar System.
my answers to all are "don't know, don't care". They are STILL irrelevant to the FACT that what I pointed out was wrong.


our knowledge of moons in general is very limited as we've only seen those in the solar system. What is unique here may not be elsewhere. One COULD come up with multiple unique facts about every moon in the system and it STILL would be irrelevant to the fact that tidal locking is far more common than just the Moon and Phobos and Deimos.

Last edited by mlewis77; 02-02-2014 at 11:02 PM.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #52
the mighty zhiba
Inactive
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,828
Likes: 5,989 (2,995 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
my answers to all are "don't know, don't care". They are STILL irrelevant to the FACT that what I pointed out was wrong.
Well, if you don't care

The facts remain to show, however, that the moon Lunar is totally unlike any other moon in our solar system in respect of comparable sizes to their mother planets which makes it somewhat of an enigma

Out of 166 orbiting masses (given to accepted planets) the Earth moon is excessively larger than any other in comparative size.

Last edited by The Mighty Zhiba; 02-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #53
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
Well, if you don't care

The facts remain to show, however, that the moon Lunar is totally unlike any other moon in our solar system in respect of comparable sizes to their mother planets which makes it somewhat of an enigma

Out of 166 orbiting masses (given to accepted planets) the Earth moon is excessively larger than any other in comparative size.
So what? Does that change the fact that I brought up? No. I only brought it up to help correct a falsehood and you took that as an invitation to repeatedly push irrelevant points? I'm sure you're interested in them and that's great but it is still irrelevant.

Last edited by mlewis77; 02-02-2014 at 11:08 PM.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #54
the mighty zhiba
Inactive
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,828
Likes: 5,989 (2,995 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
So what? Does that change the fact that I brought up? No. I only brought it up to help correct a falsehood and you took that as an invitation to repeatedly push irrelevant points? I'm sure you're interested in them and that's great but it is still irrelevant.
Stating facts is not pushing points.

And the facts remain.

The Earth moon is unlike any other orbiting body in our solar system. And where 165 other orbiting bodies are shaped into a generic format, the moon Lunar alone remains an enigma.

But, back to what you did say then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
The vast majority of moons in the solar system have the same type of orbit where they are tidally locked to their respective planet and only show one side to it. Also Russia, China, India and Japan have all sent probes to the Moon that have all imaged the far side.
How many moons of those 166 known moons are tidally locked and remain in fixed orientation around their parent planet?

You say that "vast majority of moons in the solar system have the same type of orbit " - so how many moons in our solar system show regular barycentre orbits (fixed around common centers of mass) about their parent planets?

Out of 166 moons, what, exactly are the vast majority that you suggest conform to tidal lock / fixed orientation and barycentre orbits?

Given that you have made these claims, I'm interested to see your evidence on these matters.

A majority of 166 would be 84, a vast majority would therefore be in the high 100's, and certainly more than 110, would you agree?

So can you please show that the vast majority (minimum 110 - which is 2/3 of the moons in our solar system) have "the same type of orbit" as the Earth moon Lunar?

the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #55
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
Stating facts is not pushing points.
It is when you state them multiple times when the other party has made it clear they don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
And the facts remain.

The Earth moon is unlike any other orbiting body in our solar system. And where 165 other orbiting bodies are shaped into a generic format, the moon Lunar alone remains an enigma.
And again, so what? Still irrelevant to the only point I tried to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
But, back to what you did say then:



How many moons of those 166 known moons are tidally locked and remain in fixed orientation around their parent planet?

You say that "vast majority of moons in the solar system have the same type of orbit " - so how many moons in our solar system show regular barycentre orbits (fixed around common centers of mass) about their parent planets?

Out of 166 moons, what, exactly are the vast majority that you suggest conform to tidal lock / fixed orientation and barycentre orbits?

Given that you have made these claims, I'm interested to see your evidence on these matters.

A majority of 166 would be 84, a vast majority would therefore be in the high 100's, and certainly more than 110, would you agree?

So can you please show that the vast majority (minimum 110 - which is 2/3 of the moons in our solar system) have "the same type of orbit" as the Earth moon Lunar?

It looks like I may have misspoke when claiming the vast majority. I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong. 34 are known to be locked. Another 24 are likely to be locked based on time. That is more than enough to show it isn't unusual. Still doesn't change the fact that the claim that just the Moon and Phobos and Deimos are locked is wrong. As little is known about most of the moons I have no doubt that even more will be found to be tidally locked when more info is available. Again, still doesn't change the fact that the claim that only just the Moon and Phobos and Deimos are locked is wrong.

Last edited by mlewis77; 02-02-2014 at 11:52 PM.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #56
the mighty zhiba
Inactive
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,828
Likes: 5,989 (2,995 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
It is when you state them multiple times when the other party has made it clear they don't care.


And again, so what? Still irrelevant to the only point I tried to make.



It looks like I may have misspoke when claiming the vast majority. I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong. 34 are known to be locked. Another 24 are likely to be locked based on time. That is more than enough to show it isn't unusual. Still doesn't change the fact that the claim that just the Moon and Phobos and Deimos are locked is wrong. As little is known about most of the moons I have no doubt that even more will be found to be tidally locked when more info is available. Again, still doesn't change the fact that the claim that only just the Moon and Phobos and Deimos are locked is wrong.


So, a little more than 1/3 of the moons that orbit recognized planets are (likely) tidally locked.

Cool, thank you

Do we know how many have a barycentre orbit, or how many have zero rotation within their orbit?

It's interesting to note, however, the size comparison of the moon Lunar to Earth as compared to all those other moons and their respective planets, don't you think?

Last edited by The Mighty Zhiba; 03-02-2014 at 12:28 AM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #57
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post

So, a little more than 1/3 of the moons that orbit recognized planets are (likely) tidally locked.
With likely more to be determined in the future.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
Do we know how many have a barycentre orbit,
By definition of how things orbit, all of them including those that are not tidally locked and all planets and moons in the known universe. A barycenter is simply the center of mass between two or more masses. Anything that orbits, orbits around the barycenter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
or how many have zero rotation within their orbit?
by definition of tidal locking, none, not even Earth's Moon. A tidally locked moon by definition rotates once per orbit as does our Moon. All tidally locked moons and planets rotate once per orbit. The Moon is not unique in this fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiba View Post
It's interesting to note, however, the size comparison of the moon Lunar to Earth as compared to all those other moons and their respective planets, don't you think?
Only if you limit yourself to this one solar system. The universe is awfully big, don't you think?
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #58
mamnoon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
What's to elaborate? Mykah said only the Moon and the two of Mars have a synchronous orbit but the truth is that most of the moons in the solar system do.
Right, but what you said was:

Quote:
The vast majority of moons in the solar system have the same type of orbit where they are tidally locked to their respective planet and only show one side to it.
So the 'vast majority' of 'moons' in the solar system have the same type of orbit (elaborate on this). Where they are 'tidally locked' (elaborate on this) to their respective planet and only show one side to it (elaborate on this).

What i'm asking is:

What do you mean by the same type of orbit?
Do the 'vast majority' have perfect eclipses of the sun with it's respective planet?
Do the 'vast' majority' have a flawless orbital system?

What do you mean by 'tidally locked'?
If I can recall correctly, earth is the only planet with a tidal.

And what do you mean only show one side?
Do the 'vast majority' of moons really not rotate?
mamnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:36 AM   #59
mlewis77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth, Western hemisphere
Posts: 130
Likes: 9 (8 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamnoon View Post

What do you mean by the same type of orbit?
A tidally locked orbit where the satellite rotates once per orbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamnoon View Post
Do the 'vast majority' have perfect eclipses of the sun with it's respective planet?
That has nothing to do with my statement and what I said was wrong and is irrelevant.
Though it is worth nothing that most eclipses with our moon are not perfect. Annular and partial eclipses are more common.
http://www.moongiant.com/Solar_Eclipse_Calendar.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamnoon View Post
Do the 'vast' majority' have a flawless orbital system?
Define flawless. You don't really think the Moon's orbit is flawless, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamnoon View Post
What do you mean by 'tidally locked'?
If I can recall correctly, earth is the only planet with a tidal.
Earth is the only planet (that we know of) with water tides (Europa likely has them too) but gravitational tidal forces are felt on every orbiting body.
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/moon/tidal.html
http://burro.cwru.edu/Academics/Astr...ity/tides.html
http://web.calstatela.edu/faculty/ka...idal_force.htm
http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tys...he-tidal-force


Quote:
Originally Posted by mamnoon View Post
And what do you mean only show one side?
Same as the Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamnoon View Post
Do the 'vast majority' of moons really not rotate?
No and neither does the Moon. A tidally locked satellite rotates once for every orbit. Its period of rotation is locked to the same amount of time as its orbital period. This is caused by tidal forces (differences in gravity from one part of the moon/planet to another part) and is the natural end state of any orbiting body given enough time.
mlewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:53 AM   #60
mamnoon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis77 View Post
That has nothing to do with my statement and what I said was wrong and is irrelevant.
Though it is worth nothing that most eclipses with our moon are not perfect. Annular and partial eclipses are more common.
http://www.moongiant.com/Solar_Eclipse_Calendar.php
Right, most are not perfect, but there are perfect ones, and it's a little strange.


Quote:
Define flawless. You don't really think the Moon's orbit is flawless, do you?
By flawless, I mean that the moon's orbit is completely consistent with the planet. And by that I mean the cycles, as well as the proportion to the planet and it's effect on the planet.

And yes, I'd say the moon is quite flawless in it's position and power on the planet.

Quote:
Earth is the only planet (that we know of) with water tides (Europa likely has them too) but gravitational tidal forces are felt on every orbiting body.
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/moon/tidal.html
http://burro.cwru.edu/Academics/Astr...ity/tides.html
http://web.calstatela.edu/faculty/ka...idal_force.htm
http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tys...he-tidal-force
Ok, so it's not a reference to water but instead a force that is 'tide-like' that is caused by the gravitational force of the moon on said planet?

Is that tide-like force completely consistent as is with our moon?

Quote:
Same as the Moon.

No and neither does the Moon. A tidally locked satellite rotates once for every orbit. Its period of rotation is locked to the same amount of time as its orbital period. This is caused by tidal forces (differences in gravity from one part of the moon/planet to another part) and is the natural end state of any orbiting body given enough time.
Right, so the moon rotates with it's orbit, causing only one side to be shown?

Which mean's it rotates once every 27 and 1/3 days almost to the pin right?

And so, I'd like to ask, as it appears that the size of the moon in comparison to the parent planet determines how long it takes to orbit. Would this not be another flawless aspect of the moon in comparison to the others? As the numbers associated with the rotations and it's timing seems quite calculated rather than random.

Also, unrelated to your post but to the subject, what do you make of the color of the moon and the contents of it's rock?
mamnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.