Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Big Brother / Microchipping / Problem-Reaction-Solution

Old 20-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
PerceptionDeception
Banned

Default Are "Google Drive" and similair services safe?

My phone storage is full and I'm considering using Google Drive (have done in the past) to store images and free up phone space.

However, I haven't done this for a long time and I'm more aware now of the risks of these cloud sites. Not only are they not fully secure (remember The Fappening?) but more concerning for me is the possibility of my personal photos being used by Google. There's nothing lude in the images, mostly images of friends, dog, etc but I still wouldn't want them passed around amongst strangers.

Are there any friendly equivalents to Google Drive that are more trustworthy? I generally just don't trust Google with anything these days...
PerceptionDeception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
oneriver

Similar dilemma for me though I'm damned if I'm voluntarily giving Google any more of my personal stuff....
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
metak88

What's wrong with local backups?

You can't really trust Google with anything and if you really want to have your photos somewhere in the cloud i.e. someone elses computer, then you should probably encrypt them before uploading?
Old 20-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #4
PerceptionDeception
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metak88 View Post
What's wrong with local backups?

You can't really trust Google with anything and if you really want to have your photos somewhere in the cloud i.e. someone elses computer, then you should probably encrypt them before uploading?
Just not very convenient. I like the idea of having the photos on me if I need them. So if someone asks me about photos of x, I simply just need my phone rather than having to say "they're on my computer at home"
Old 20-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #5
metak88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerceptionDeception View Post
Just not very convenient. I like the idea of having the photos on me if I need them. So if someone asks me about photos of x, I simply just need my phone rather than having to say "they're on my computer at home"
The way I see it:

1. buy large sd card for storage, newer phones support larger than 64GB
2. upload to 'cloud' if you're okay with the fact that someone's going to probably use those files for something. I believe Google used/uses photos for deep learning etc.

Also, their ToS allow them to analyse the files stored in their Drive service, to keep copies of your data and to use it in any way they see fit.

It's up to you if you find those terms acceptable for convenience they provide.
Old 20-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
PerceptionDeception
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metak88 View Post
The way I see it:

1. buy large sd card for storage, newer phones support larger than 64GB
2. upload to 'cloud' if you're okay with the fact that someone's going to probably use those files for something. I believe Google used/uses photos for deep learning etc.

Also, their ToS allow them to analyse the files stored in their Drive service, to keep copies of your data and to use it in any way they see fit.

It's up to you if you find those terms acceptable for convenience they provide.
There must be other Cloud sites that don't have this ToS agreement
Old 20-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #7
elshaper
Inactive

There is a good point in using cloud storage. In case if your house goes up in flame, your file is still safe somewhere on the internet. But you'd be best not to upload indecent pictures or else you will probably get arrested. Also, will you still hold copyrights or your file if you give it to big G? Re: deep analysis...probably right. Your selfie could be entered into Da Database e.g. facial recognition programme without you knowing. I know they'll deny they do this but....
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #8
PerceptionDeception
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
There is a good point in using cloud storage. In case if your house goes up in flame, your file is still safe somewhere on the internet. But you'd be best not to upload indecent pictures or else you will probably get arrested. Also, will you still hold copyrights or your file if you give it to big G? Re: deep analysis...probably right. Your selfie could be entered into Da Database e.g. facial recognition programme without you knowing. I know they'll deny they do this but....
Amen to most of this. Looking for any cloud sites with reasonable terms of service.
Old 20-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
metak88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerceptionDeception View Post
There must be other Cloud sites that don't have this ToS agreement
https://www.cloudwards.net/best-onli...ge-for-photos/

Sync.com seems fine?
Old 21-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
bamboozooka

i bought a pogoplug device years ago. connect it up to your router, plug in a usb hdd, your own personal cloud thats local to your network. yet you can access it from anywhere. i use it to back up my 10,000 song music collection on itunes.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote