Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media

Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
action4botton
Inactive

Default Action For Botton Need David Icke's Help Now

Please help this community David Icke! They need a loud voice and it needs to come quick. Eviction notices are on the way to these beautiful dedicated people and time is running out. See all messages I've sent previously below. Much gratitude if you can help and expose a terrible wrong doing. If you don't want to read my email trail - see Action4botton website and facebook pages. They're desperate and worn down with all the bullying.

Conversation started 16 October
Hello David, Would you please come and help Botton Village?
They are a beautiful community in North Yorkshire being bullied and victimised/bullied by The Camphill Village Trust.
An article appeared in yesterday's Private Eye magazine. Article name 'Botton's Up'. Please read it to get an insight into a long story.
Here are a few links for you to get the facts. Action for Botton http://www.actionforbotton.org/ and https://www.facebook.com/action4botton?fref=ts
These wonderful people chose a vocational way of living and most importantly, the disabled residents who are the reason as to how the community came about, could end up in the long-term being institutionalised into care homes for the disabled.
Please David, you have a loud voice and such an articulate way with words - consider helping by shouting loud and taking on the bully managers of CVT. Tangle them with their own lies. Shine a glowing light on them and their behaviour.
I am a parent of children attending the Steiner school within the village which is in danger of closing as CVT have ended our funding. CVT have funded the school since 1960 and in June, told us that the funding would end in June 2015.
I can't sit back any longer and watch the unforgivable behaviour. Within the last week, I have just held 2 of my friends who are co-workers and just tried to encourage them to just be in their hearts. I felt their pain and it bloody hurt. They are so worn down with the bullying. They have been told they and their children need to leave the village and school by January. As they are co-workers (work for no pay - all needs are met) they have no employment contracts so are entitled to nothing.
I am pleading but I have to. This wrong needs to be righted before it's too late. Time is fast running out as at the moment, the co-workers have been told to leave in January and CVT have employed lots and a lot more to come - care workers on 8 hour shifts 24/7 to replace the house parents and co-workers.
If you can help, make contact with me or if you wish to visit this community to walk through it and understand the set-up and meet the residents, co-workers and school children in person, you'll be so very welcome.
Much appreciated for taking the time to read my plea and I will hug you if you turn up in Botton Village.
Warmest wishes
Ps Many believe this is a land grab. The new changes are set to fail within a year and then they can assett strip and sell of the valuable land in the Yorkshire Dales.

Action for Botton - Homepage
www.actionforbotton.org
At the heart of the community are those with learning disabilities, who can share warm and happy homes with vocational volunteer co-workers and their families, leading rich and meaningful lives together. Read more about this truly human way of life.
19 October
David, please read the plea from Botton Village in North Yorkshire (I sent Thurs or Fri). This community would appreciate/need your help. If my original message has been deleted, look at Action for Botton . Many thanks.......

Action for Botton - Homepage
www.actionforbotton.org
action4botton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
action4botton
Inactive

Default Private Eye Article - Botton's Up

Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
action4botton
Inactive

Default Bullying Charity 'CVT's' Lies to Evict a Community

"WE HAVE BEEN MISLED BY CVT!"

HMRC and Treasury confirm that the vocational co-worker status is still legal. CVT caused all this pain and damage based on a false premise. Who will be held to account?

This is about Botton Village, Delrow and The Grange: three Camphill communities in England in dispute with a charity, Camphill Village Trust (CVT), that should be supporting instead of dismantling them. It is not about the many non-CVT communities or the Camphill movement in general.

This is about people’s homes, not just houses but the people that create their home together, live together, the co-workers, their presence and input ensuring the warmth, cohesion, depth and continuity, their understanding and support for those needing support, creating value and wellbeing.

Botton has many homes and is a community co-created by people with learning disabilities and co-workers and their children and older people.

The CVT is a charity that encompasses nine Camphill communities across England. The trust was set up by Karl König and other co-workers in 1954, who initiated the first Camphill community in Botton in 1955. Inspired by Rudolf Steiner and social reformers, everyone contributes and creates as they can and receives as they need. The idea is that the wellbeing of the community is the greater the less people claim the proceeds of their work for themselves; work and money are separated. Co-workers are vocational community members, not paid and contracted staff of an abstract organization. People join, contribute and are able to leave this intentional community out of their free will.

Over the years more than a hundred such communities have sprung up worldwide and the CVT has grown into a wealthy and revered charity. As Camphill communities Botton, Delrow and the Grange are also members of the Camphill Association (AoCC) representing the 61 English and Irish communities. The AoCC has ensured that the vocational working of co-workers is legal and recognized by the state in an agreement made with HM Revenue and Customs in 2002.

In the recent years, some adaptation was needed: being also a provider of social care, communities had to incorporate the modern standards and practices of social care. The board of trustees employed Frances Wright as human resources director in 2011, who had already been working with them as legal advisor for years; her views on vocational co-workers, a crucial human resource of this charity, made her a controversial appointment. Huw John was brought in as chief executive director. He employed a hierarchy of managers reporting to him, and stood down co-worker trustees, co-worker managers as well as local management committees. All co-worker trustees were replaced by independent trustees in 2012.

At this point, external reviewers expressed concern over tensions between this new management team and the longstanding live-in co-workers, so the international Camphill movement group was asked to mediate. In a spirit of openness and to bridge the divide, co-workers worked with managers during 2013 to modernize the community and secure its future, and are now meeting the standards of their regulators and commissioners - only to be shocked by chair of trustees Felicity Chadwick-Histed’ letter of 13 May 2014 issuing an ultimatum to all co-workers to either become an employee reporting to the management team, or leave the community by March 2015.

There has been no consultation of or dialogue with any stakeholders regarding this draconian plan. Instead, CVT stated repeatedly that they were forced to carry out these severe actions because of the law, which had the effect that most felt they needed to accept the unfortunate ‘fact’ that changes in legislation required the changes to their communities. CVT deferred to the charity commission, local authorities and in particular to the HMRC as the authorities forcing the charity’s hand.

Adding insult to injury, CVT launched a co-worker defamation campaign portraying them as living in the past, as caring more about an allegedly luxurious lifestyle than about the villagers they live with, and so on. CVT has vastly exaggerated and misrepresented the costs of co-workers to the charity, has evicted co-workers on fabricated and exaggerated safeguarding allegations, has got co-workers to sign gagging orders when they left, and has systematically manipulated the list of voting members to suit their own ambitions. Frances Wright, Huw John and Felicity Chadwick-Histed are believed to be largely responsible for the new culture of manipulation and misleading information in what used to be an honourable and revered charity; stand accused of a monumental betrayal and breach of trust of co-workers and the disabled villagers; of bringing the charity into disrepute and risk its future.

“It is now obvious that the CVT approached HMRC to establish if their co-workers were employed or self-employed, totally ignoring the fact that co-workers are vocational workers and that the existing Agreement between HMRC and the Camphill Association establishes that fact.”

Chair of Association of Camphill Communities, 21 November 2014

CVT's justification for its restructuring plan, ‘the law’, their assertion that co-workers are no longer legal and must become employees, has now turned out to be yet another fabrication.

Last week we were able to report that the Financial Secretary to the Treasury as well as a legal opinion obtained by the AoCC have both independently confirmed the position held by the AoCC, co-workers and Action for Botton, that Camphill co-workers do not need to become employees and that the legal agreement made in 2002 is valid today as it was then.

The latest letter by the Camphill Association summarises the factual position regarding CVT's misleading claims regarding the legal status of Camphill co-workers and points out that it was CVT who has approached HMRC and that HMRC has not ruled anything but only given an opinion based on the information provided to them by CVT.

As a consequence co-workers of the Botton Village Camphill Community have written to CVT chief executive Huw John.

Whilst many have suspected that CVT has tried to mislead us, constructing a scenario that would make it appear that all co-workers have to become employed by the charity, that this should be exactly what has happened will come as a shock to many. We have heard it so many times over the recent months: "If CVT's claim that vocational co-workers have to become employees because of the tax law turns out to be untrue, those responsible in the charity must resign!"

We are now at this point that we can say that all this pain and damage has indeed been caused by interventions that were based on a false premise.

Read more about this on the website of our friends of Action for the Grange.

Co-worker was evicted on false premise

The latest Private Eye reports that there was no safeguarding case to evict co-worker Mark Barber. Safeguarding is an important principle that needs to be applied with consideration and proportionately, but this case highlights how CVT has used it for political reasons, to evict an individual who opposes the views of the charity.

Botton Village has inspired a movement that has touched the lives of thousands. Now Botton needs your help.

We are supporting Camphill values and principles

At the heart of the community are those with learning disabilities, who can share warm and happy homes with vocational volunteer co-workers and their families, leading rich and meaningful lives together. Read more about this truly human way of life.

A group of independent trustees and officials took control of Camphill Village Trust (CVT) and is now trying to remove the co-worker families, the very people that are living with the disabled in their shared homes. Read more about this dispute that treatens Botton's way of life.

We are supporting an independent Botton to give this unique community a future

We now need your help to:

Form a new charity with robust local governance
Assemble a strong team of professionals with the right skills
Create an operational and business plan for an independent Botton
Campaign for an independent Botton with Camphill values
Pursue legal action to stop CVTs damaging plans for Botton
Please help us help Botton

Come and meet Botton's co-workers on their new Facebook page:

3519 Supporters So Far!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
action4botton
Inactive

Default Disabled Residents Complaints To Police Ignored

Disabled Residents and Co-Workers from Botton Village made several complaints to North Yorkshire Police about bullying and harassment from CVT management. So what do the Police do? They go and have a chat with the CVT BULLY managers and then decide there are no grounds to investigate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9864018.html
Old 01-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
bellahunter

Sorry you are not getting much support yet. I know botton and will share as much as possible

Dont know of David reads the forums but maybe the Mods can post it on to him.

Last edited by bellahunter; 01-12-2014 at 09:19 PM.
bellahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #6
action4botton
Inactive

Many thanks for listening. This beautiful community is being torn apart by bullies who hijacked the charity. If you use facebook or any other mass emailing lists, could you please share this linkhttp://www.actionforbotton.org/ as the masses need to be told.

CVT is misusing monies donated to the charity. Donors believe their money is going to the disabled residents but instead they've hired very expensive lawyers and PR companies in London to help them enforce the new changes and destroy a community.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
dolores1

Contact Mike Reid or Brian Gerrish ASAP at UK Column, their details are;

You can contact the UK Column as follows:

By post: The Annexe,
Scott Lodge,
Scott Road,
Plymouth
PL2 3DU
By phone: 01752 478050

www.ukcolumn.org.

I wish you the best with this and I know you will succeed.

D
The ‘you’ that exists beyond these stubborn entanglements is a silent, serene, being-ness; a free, wise and child-like ‘you’ that has always known the way to the secret garden, and that has always recognised the nature beings with whom we share this gracious planet.

Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent!
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
dolores1

Ahem, bump.

D
The ‘you’ that exists beyond these stubborn entanglements is a silent, serene, being-ness; a free, wise and child-like ‘you’ that has always known the way to the secret garden, and that has always recognised the nature beings with whom we share this gracious planet.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
action4botton
Inactive

Many thanks for the contact details. I'm acting on it. Much appreciated! :-)
Old 02-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
neilbe
Inactive

Here's a guy called Laurence Easeman, he has a lot of experience stopping bailiffs from evicting people.

Here's a video of him in action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIcO...e_gdata_player

There's also a radio interview on Redice Radio from about a week ago. Sorry but I cant post the link.

I would drop him an e-mail.
neilbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
neilbe
Inactive

You could also Facebook Richie Allen.

Look-up the Richie Allen Show, or Volcania Radio. I'm sure he'd get you on at short notice..

When are these evictions likely to happen?
Old 02-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
neilbe
Inactive

Could you give us a rundown of the proposed changes and why they want to break with tradition?

I've noticed that they want to bring in new management for each of these 9 communities.

What's their reasoning behind this?
Old 02-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
action4botton
Inactive

Thank you for your suggestions! CVT have introduced multiple layers of management and are adamant that the volunteer co-workers will be replaced by 24/7 paid staff.

The intention is to turn much of Botton Village into a training centre and design the whole new structure to fail. It already is failing in the neighboring communities that had the same new structure enforced by CVT.

The land is in the bottom of the North York Moors National Park. Very valuable to asset strip and sell off.

Action For Botton website and Facebook pages explain the disabled residents and co-workers side
http://www.actionforbotton.org/home and https://www.facebook.com/action4botton

Last edited by action4botton; 02-12-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #14
dolores1

Talking Is this a help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbe View Post
Here's a guy called Laurence Easeman, he has a lot of experience stopping bailiffs from evicting people.

Here's a video of him in action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIcO...e_gdata_player

There's also a radio interview on Redice Radio from about a week ago. Sorry but I cant post the link.

I would drop him an e-mail.

http://www.redicecreations.com/

D

Old 02-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #15
action4botton
Inactive

Thanks for this - will pass it on to the campaign camp to follow up
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #16
neilbe
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores1 View Post
Thanks D, I couldn't find the link thingy on Redice....
Old 03-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #17
action4botton
Inactive

So grateful for your help! I've passed it on to the campaign people and they too are grateful.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #18
neilbe
Inactive

Surely the CVT has a charter to abide by?

Surely their not allowed to mess with stuff too much?
Old 04-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #19
neilbe
Inactive

I don't understand something, if the CVTs excuse for this change is that it's now the law, and you guys have established that it's not, then surely there is a way to stop this from going ahead?

Perhaps a counter legal action?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #20
action4botton
Inactive

Legal channels are being pursued but it's a complicated and drawn out process.

Two weeks ago, CVT sent letters to all co-workers telling them and any children they had no right to be there anymore and that they had to leave or else the eviction process will begin.

CVT pulled the funding for the on-site Steiner school which they have funded since 1960. The school funding is gone after June 2015 and many of the co-workers send their children there. Effectively using the co-workers children like pawns in their game. CVT are bullying the school as well as the disabled residents and co-workers in Botton Village.

New managers are currently being appointed and replacing co-workers from the jobs they've done long-term. New staff are arriving daily and CVT refuse to talk to co-workers or inform them of any new changes or new staff. The treat them like they don't exist. Make decisions about them and refuse to speak to them or engage in any dialogue.

The screening panel which since 1960 has decided who will come and work or live in Botton Village has been replaced this week by a CVT HR panel. The existing villagers (and many have been there as volunteers for 30+ years) now have no say or are consulted on new employees.

A meetings list was placed in the post office this week which listed a rota for meetings and the new staff were listed as 'Co-Workers - Paid'. Co-workers are not paid and these people shouldn't be called Co-Workers. They are employed carers or whatever.

Multiple disabled residents and co-workers lodged complaints to North Yorkshire Police about being harassed and intimidated by CVT Management within the last month. The police closed the case within a week, refused to take statements from 2 of the complainants. Harassment cases normally take 5 months to investigate but after having a chat with CVT management (who the complaint was about) the police decided case closed.

Botton Village operates under the ThreeFold Social Order System and CVT is trying to remove 2 of the elements and keep only the economic. Typical big corp! A bit like balancing a stool with one middle leg. See here for a explanation on the ThreeFold social order. https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...DogCyfg9GKlHB8

Last edited by action4botton; 04-12-2014 at 11:16 AM.