Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 22-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #41
motleyhoo

I actually took a sewing class with my wife (she already knows how), but I can't say I really got the hang of it. I don't have the patience to spend time practicing with the machine. I can sew by hand, but I can't imagine the time it would take to hand sew some of the camping gear I want like a down quilt.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #42
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyhoo View Post
I actually took a sewing class with my wife (she already knows how), but I can't say I really got the hang of it. I don't have the patience to spend time practicing with the machine. I can sew by hand, but I can't imagine the time it would take to hand sew some of the camping gear I want like a down quilt.

We once looked into buying a pure Eider duvet pure down was about 3 grand, so we have bought a much cheaper duck and down mix from a wholesale outfit and will make it ourselves on the electric machine.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #43
torus
Inactive

Things I "have made"......

"well, I'll have the tandoori chicken, dahl, rice, nan bread, and sag aloo."

I do compose music though.
torus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #44
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by torus View Post
I do compose music though.
The Alchemy of sound is admirable and very useful

Last edited by the apprentice; 23-03-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 25-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #45
magritte

I repair alot of things but usually forget to do a either a before (because I really get in into restoring it) or an after photograph (because I sell it)

Restoring the object does give you a great deal of respect for the person who made it.

Super glue is effectively making the antiques of the future, because most modern things will not last the test of time.
magritte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #46
rbl_4nik8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by super glue View Post

A totally hand made tough military style boot, half lined for warmth around the toes and breathability around the ankles, special breathable leather linings and a commando Itshide sole and heel, fully waterproof.
I totally could use a pair of these in size 13 1/2 to 14 thats US size not sure what it is in the UK, it looks like 13 to 13 1/3 from the looks of it on a conversion chart. Overall could use some good hiking boots and wrap around sandals, that don't have hollow soles, the wife and I are planing a hiking trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon this fall and they look far better than anything I could get around here, or that I have now

4.I am not that interested in seeking proof so to prove my point. doobyferkin
rbl_4nik8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #47
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl_4nik8r View Post
I totally could use a pair of these in size 13 1/2 to 14 thats US size not sure what it is in the UK, it looks like 13 to 13 1/3 from the looks of it on a conversion chart. Overall could use some good hiking boots and wrap around sandals, that don't have hollow soles, the wife and I are planing a hiking trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon this fall and they look far better than anything I could get around here, or that I have now
Unfortunately I only have lasts up to size 11-1/2 Uk, but if your still interested in something, I can put you in touch with the guy who trained me, he has all sizes, PM me for more.
Old 27-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #48
h2pogo
Inactive

I would... but first whats a dibber and what does it do
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #49
bigfeet

I believe, by the shape of it, it's used to poke holes in the soil so you can drop the seeds in. Gardeningtool .
bigfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #50
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfeet View Post
I believe, by the shape of it, it's used to poke holes in the soil so you can drop the seeds in. Gardeningtool .
It is for that purpous yes, but why its made of copper is the important part.

I will share, copper creates a barrier towards slugs and snails which hate the stuff, this is why most slug repellant materials are impregnated with copper based chemicals.

Each time you poke the soil it leaves behind tiny traces of copper which eventually build up in the soil and help stem the advance of the slimy commando's, this is technology from the Viktor Schauberger stable and it really does work.

Iron tools upset the natural magnetics of the soil which are naturally present to help it function properly/naturally, once you use cooper or bronze tools like the trowel I have show the plants do so much better.

This is proven tech, done by Viktor many years ago, we have copper watering cans and spades too.
Old 27-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #51
h2pogo
Inactive

very interesting..but how does he make it?
Old 28-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #52
amberleaf

Nothing so clever from me but I did make a quillow, which is a cross between a quilt and pillow and useful on these cold evenings. Basically, the quilt folds up into it's own pocket, so that in daytime it looks like a scatter cushion and when it gets chilly in the evening, you just take it out and wrap it around you

here is how ... How to make a Quillow
amberleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #53
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberleaf View Post
Nothing so clever from me but I did make a quillow, which is a cross between a quilt and pillow and useful on these cold evenings. Basically, the quilt folds up into it's own pocket, so that in daytime it looks like a scatter cushion and when it gets chilly in the evening, you just take it out and wrap it around you

here is how ... How to make a Quillow
That is a great item indeed, our children used to have a Mr pillow and Mrs blanket to help them keep warm and get to sleep
Old 28-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #54
rbl_4nik8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by super glue View Post
It is for that purpous yes, but why its made of copper is the important part.

I will share, copper creates a barrier towards slugs and snails which hate the stuff, this is why most slug repellant materials are impregnated with copper based chemicals.

Each time you poke the soil it leaves behind tiny traces of copper which eventually build up in the soil and help stem the advance of the slimy commando's, this is technology from the Viktor Schauberger stable and it really does work.

Iron tools upset the natural magnetics of the soil which are naturally present to help it function properly/naturally, once you use cooper or bronze tools like the trowel I have show the plants do so much better.

This is proven tech, done by Viktor many years ago, we have copper watering cans and spades too.
I think this might have more to do with where you live, in my area Slugs are not an issue, but soil thats too alkaline is and needs to be leeched with water and the left over salts taken off and leeched again till you have very little salts left is a must or you do garden beds. I have been using nails at the base of plants for years with very good results. The key thing here is to get the pH down to a lower level for growing, once thats done you can grow just about anything well.

4.I am not that interested in seeking proof so to prove my point. doobyferkin
rbl_4nik8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #55
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl_4nik8r View Post
I think this might have more to do with where you live, in my area Slugs are not an issue, but soil thats too alkaline is and needs to be leeched with water and the left over salts taken off and leeched again till you have very little salts left is a must or you do garden beds. I have been using nails at the base of plants for years with very good results. The key thing here is to get the pH down to a lower level for growing, once thats done you can grow just about anything well.
Our main plot varies fro 5-6 on the PH scale. Do you use copper nails or steel ?
Old 28-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #56
h2pogo
Inactive

Thanks superglue..that is some serious quality craftsmanship.

I might make a pokey thing myself if i come across any copper sheet..Till then i will certainly use some copper pipe to make holes for my plants.

I must have a practice with the silversolder..should i have a problem soldering sterling wire to 999 coins?
Do you recommend putting silver on each surface prior to the final join, to key it up kind of thing?
Old 28-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #57
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
Thanks superglue..that is some serious quality craftsmanship.

I might make a pokey thing myself if i come across any copper sheet..Till then i will certainly use some copper pipe to make holes for my plants.

I must have a practice with the silversolder..should i have a problem soldering sterling wire to 999 coins?
Do you recommend putting silver on each surface prior to the final join, to key it up kind of thing?
Yes, slightly flatten the wire at the end so it leaves a flat surface for the solder to adhear to/between, then simply add a tiny blob on the edge of the coin, place the wire against it and heat the area where the wire is situated, the coin is much ticker than the wire so it going to absorb the heat quicker than the wire so a pre-heat of the coin from about half way down it will help, then as the solder/flux mix is warm enough you will see it suddenly melt and form the two halves together.

You can also make your own solder from the silver itself, from a piece of seperate 999 % scrap silver, hammer it into thin sheets and cut it into strips, and use a litle borax to add between the two halves and add the silver strip manually, this way is much cheaper.

I like the copper pipe idea, your mind is most definately in the trim, I also have a straight copper tube for planting our leeks

Ideal tool for the job is one of these if you hav'nt got one already, there are quite a few different makes around.

For the larger items this is the best tool on the market, use MAPP gas instead of butane, its much hotter and goes a lot further.

Last edited by the apprentice; 28-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 28-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #58
h2pogo
Inactive

I have a small butane torch and i got some borax and silver solder already, because of the tiny amount silver needed the excess runs down the coin and marks it..I am waiting to mess some up so i have some to practice with.

Welding is one of my trades and soldering some thing as a mechanic i have become accustomed to, but doing a neat job is something i need to work at

Btw..what kind of Mercury do you use to clean the work..Sounds dangerous
Old 28-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #59
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
I have a small butane torch and i got some borax and silver solder already, because of the tiny amount silver needed the excess runs down the coin and marks it..I am waiting to mess some up so i have some to practice with.

Welding is one of my trades and soldering some thing as a mechanic i have become accustomed to, but doing a neat job is something i need to work at

Btw..what kind of Mercury do you use to clean the work..Sounds dangerous
I don't use mercury today.

To stop the solder from spreading all over the coin try the tiniest amount of flux because as it heats it expands five fold as it starts to boil off, turn the coin upside down and add the solder that way.

For the fiddly bits I use some of these to hold things in place, I made my own but here is some good value items, they are a godsend.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/a4bb/action/212d906/

Jewelers very rarely hold anything free hand.

Buy one of these for good cleaning results without taking any value from the coins.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/home-and-diy...sonic-cleaners

Last edited by the apprentice; 28-03-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 28-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #60
h2pogo
Inactive

I did make a set up with the clips, but it was a bit wibbly but got some ideas from those links..Thanks

For the mean time the tree i am working on now i am trying this out..Bit fiddly , but thinking of making jig to get right..