Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 22-01-2015, 03:57 AM   #1
elshaper
Inactive

Default Lucid Dreaming

From Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
Quote:
"Dreaming" entailed cultivating a peculiar control over one's dreams to the extent that the experiences undergone in them and those lived in one's waking hours acquired the same pragmatic valence. Then sorcerers' allegation was that under the impact of dreaming the ordinarycriteria to differentiate a dream from reality became inoperative.

Don Juan's praxis of dreaming was an exercise that consisted of finding one's hands in a dream. In other words, one had to deliberately dream that one was looking for and could find one's hands in a dream by simply dreaming that one lifted one's hands to the level of the eyes.

After years of unsuccessful attempts I had finally accomplished the task. Looking at it in retrospect, it had become evident to me that I had succeeded only after I had gained a degree of control over the world of my everyday life.

Don Juan wanted to know the salient points. I began telling him that the difficulty of setting up the command to look at my hands seemed to be, quite often, insurmountable. He had warned me that the early stage of the preparatory facet, which he called "setting up dreaming," consisted of a deadly game that one's mind played with itself, and that some part of myself was going to do everything it could to prevent the fulfillment of my task. That could include, don Juan had said, plunging me into a loss of meaning, melancholy, or even a suicidal depression. I did not go that far, however. My experience was rather on the light, comical side; nonetheless, the result was equally frustrating. Every time I was about to look at my hands in a dream something extraordinary would happen; I would begin to fly, or my dream would turn into a nightmare, or it would simply become a very pleasant experience of bodily excitation; everything in the dream would extend far beyond the "normal" in matters of vividness and, therefore, be terribly absorbing. My original intention of observing my hands was always forgotten in light of the new situation.

One night, quite unexpectedly, I found my hands in my dreams. I dreamt that I was walking on an unknown street in a foreign city and suddenly I lifted up my hands and placed them in front of my face. It was as if something within myself had given up and had permitted me to watch the backs of my hands.

Don Juan's instructions had been that as soon as the sight of my hands would begin to dissolve or change into something else, I had to shift my view from my hands to any other element in the surroundings of my dream. In that particular dream I shifted my view to a building at the end of the street. When the sight of the building began to dissipate I focused my attention on the other elements of the surroundings in my dream. The end result was an incredibly clear composite picture of a deserted street in some unknown foreign city.

Don Juan made me continue with my account of other experiences in dreaming. We talked for a long time.

At the end of my report he stood up and went to the bushes. I also stood up. I was nervous. It was an unwarranted sensation since there was nothing precipitating fear or concern. Don Juan returned shortly. He noticed my agitation.

"Calm down," he said, holding my arm gently.
He made me sit down and put my notebook on my lap. He coaxed me to write. His argument was that I should not disturb the power place with unnecessary feelings of fear or hesitation.
"Why do I get so nervous?" I asked.
"It's natural," he said. "Something in you is threatened by your activities in dreaming. As long as you did not think about those activities, you were all right. But now that you have revealed your actions you're about to faint.

"Each warrior has his own way of dreaming. Each way is different. The only thing which we all have in common is that we play tricks in order to force ourselves to abandon the quest. The counter-measure is to persist in spite of all the barriers and disappointments."

He asked me then if I was capable of selecting topics for dreaming. I said that I did not have the faintest idea of how to do that.

"The sorcerers' explanation of how to select a topic for dreaming" he said, "is that a warrior chooses the topic by deliberately holding an image in his mind while he shuts off his internal dialogue. In other words, if he is capable of not talking to himself for a moment and then holds the image or the thought of what he wants in dreaming, even if only for an instant, then the desired topic will come to him. I'm sure you've done that, although you were not aware of it."

There was a long pause and then don Juan began to sniff the air. It was as if he were cleaning his nose; he exhaled three or four times through his nostrils with great force. The muscles of his abdomen contracted in spasms, which he controlled by taking in short gasps of air.

"We won't talk about dreaming any more," he said. "You might become obsessed. If one is to succeed in anything, the success must come gently, with a great deal of effort but with no stress or obsession."
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #2
elshaper
Inactive

Default Herbal tea

Guayusa (Ilex Guayusa) is supposed to enhance your Lucid Dreaming.

Quote:
Guayusa is used by people of the Amazon basin to make an energizing tea, with the interesting effect of inducing lucid dreaming, and being helpful in recalling them. For those interested in shamanic dreaming this is certainly the plant to explore.

How to prepare the tea
Two teaspoons of shredded leaves are softly boiled for 20 minutes in a liter of water until the liquid has a golden transparent color.
Quote:
Discussion
http://forums.ayahuasca.com/viewtopic.php?t=10984

You can reboil the same leaves over and over again, easily 8 or 10 times or more, but each time the quality of the resulting brew is less. Take them out of the water between boils if you want to reuse them.

Wayusa never molds or spoils, btw. Not the leaves (wet from boiling) or the brew.
Interesting.

Where to buy?
https://maya-ethnobotanicals.com/her...s/ilex-guayusa

Last edited by elshaper; 11-10-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
cosmic tramp

A little bit of well deserved synchronicity here, Elshaper, the Five Minutes of Doubt dialogue I recorded last night concerns a therapist/patient scenario where the patient is hypnotised into what is effectively a lucid erotic dream in which the therapist herself also joins in, as the patient, in turn, hypnotises her ! Very clever script written by a lady from Arizona, poetic tapestry of dialogue of velvet voices and the nearest thing you could get to 'doing it' without actually taking your clothes off. Sort of Eyes Wide Shut meets Twilight Zone... the scene transcends its own reality entering a new state towards another dimension into the Cosmic Zone of mutual lucid dreaming. Imagine lucid dreaming with another party doing likewise ? Has anything ever been written about that ?

Must try that tea...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 12-10-2016 at 05:13 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
alisa2

Default How to solve a problem with lucid dreaming

Ever wake up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom and then go back to bed and the same dream you woke up with resumed when you went back to sleep, and not only resumed, but ended on a positive note? I've had three such dreams lately. Very rare indeed, at least for me. My dreams almost never end on a postive note.

https://medium.com/@secor/how-to-sol...a3d#.lw0gfr9et

Your brain is bored during sleep, so put it to work! So much of my day is spent typing, clicking, drawing, and swiping. I rarely sit down to just think about a problem, and when I do, I keep it to a few minutes. Imagine if you took a bulk of your day to recline back in your chair, stare at the ceiling, and think. You could sort through a problem, flesh out an idea, or imagine something brand new. If that idea appeals to you like it does to me, you should realize that the time you spend sleeping is perfect for that. Hell, your brain already does it… the trouble is, we let our subconscious minds dictate our dreams, and it would rather we spend the night battling personal demons, rehashing embarrassing events, and living out fantasies. Wouldn’t it be great if you could get your sleeping mind to focus on one thing for a few hours? Even better: let’s get it focusing on stuff that really matters, like achieving our goals, honing our skills, and becoming better versions of ourselves.

Last edited by alisa2; 22-10-2016 at 06:18 PM.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #5
noncooperation

How can a dream appear to be SO completely real, whilst it is happening, that we only realise it was a dream when we wake up?!

Is there something 'tricking' us whilst we sleep?

This question has facinated me for years - in one way for me, it could be proof we live in some kind of 'matrix'/'created'/artificial intelligent (AI) type reality.

I was going to start a new thread with this question as the title - but there is enough threads already! I'll try it here.

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
How can a dream appear to be SO completely real, whilst it is happening, that we only realise it was a dream when we wake up?!

Is there something 'tricking' us whilst we sleep?

This question has facinated me for years - in one way for me, it could be proof we live in some kind of 'matrix'/'created'/artificial intelligent (AI) type reality.

I was going to start a new thread with this question as the title - but there is enough threads already! I'll try it here.
JW Dunn author of "An Experiment with Time" (recommended reading) argued that whilst asleep the brain/mind is outside of time, experiencing, simultaneously, a past, present and a future that has already happened. This book is actually out of print now but you may be able to get it on Amazon or EBay. To my mind, the most 'intelligent' book ever written on dream analysis.

He , his friends and family kept rigorous dream journals, looking back over them , often months later, found that the dreams, however surreal and fragmented they all seemed to be at the time, did come to pass in reality. He asserted that dreams are a composite of events past, present and future as the mind encounters the free passage of time itself, unrestricted by linear thought or sequential human experience. So in this sense dreams are real.

One example he experienced was dreaming of being shot dead in a French back street...even though this never actually happened to him, a thriller novel he was to read months later, described this exact scenario happening to the story's protagonist. So he'd experienced a fiction yet to come. In other words, he'd already read the novel in a preordained future.

Maybe a film you haven't yet seen, book you haven't yet read, person you haven't yet met, a place you haven't yet been, though in some simultaneous point in time these things have already happened. The conscious mind does not allow you to know all this as it would simply be too much to bear, so it filters most out to a linear experience of time.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 21-11-2016 at 01:43 AM.
Old 20-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #7
trebor8

What is the point of Lucid dreaming?

I just wonder in what way, if any does it make your life better.
trebor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #8
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8 View Post
What is the point of Lucid dreaming?

I just wonder in what way, if any does it make your life better.
Hi, trebor8,
One way LD can be used in a beneficial way is to change your reality, this life.
You create a favourable situation (e.g. meeting a perfect partner, finding and getting a suitable job, improving your health etc) while you are in LD. It is supposed to have four times more power than as if you were try to change in waking life.

You can fetch information from Akashic Record, find solution to your problem if you don't know who or what to turn to (I have many of those ), get hold of someone's upmost secret Mind control someone else to name a few. I'm sure others will be able to tell you what can be done.

btw, if anyone is having a difficulty LD or astral travelling, EMF may be the cause of the problem. You may want to unplug everything including taking out mobile phone battery so that you are least surrounded by EMF.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:36 AM   #9
Norrin

Just want to comment on the timelessness of dreams idea mentioned... I had a dream once that was totally a regular, full-sized dream. When I woke up I realized.... I had only been asleep for about 30 minutes or so, in the middle of the day. I had taken a nap but had a dream that lasted as long as any sequence of dreams during the night. Ever since then, I had to believe that time is not such a rigid thing in our dreams (at the least).
Norrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:35 AM   #10
elshaper
Inactive

Has anyone had a dream like this?
I woke up in my dream while I was dreaming.
It's like the movie 'Inception' or akin to standing in the middle of two mirrors facing each other....there are multiple of you....infinity.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:41 AM   #11
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
It's like the movie 'Inception' or akin to standing in the middle of two mirrors facing each other....there are multiple of you....infinity.
Yes. Only the other night in fact I "woke up" to see an old woman outside my bedroom window and was struggling to get up and to tap on the window and say...

"Old woman, what are you doing outside my bedroom window ?" sort of thing.

Then I also said to myself in the dream, "you're probably dreaming this", so I forced myself to wake up for real and there was no old woman outside my bedroom window. But I still went outside to check. Lo and behold there was no old woman outside my bedroom window.

Now, being conscious that one is dreaming while still inside one, far better surely to stay within the dream and control it and not (as I did) try to wake up.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 03-01-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 22-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #12
elshaper
Inactive

What the demon told him is true. If you knew who you were.... and the reality is that it is your world.

Old 22-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #13
screamingeagle

Quote:

once i was dreaming that im going home from work when i was going to work.....when i woke up in the bus

i was like wtf,i was so messed up ....
Old 26-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #14
elshaper
Inactive

So those that practise lucid dreaming, before going to sleep, cover yourself with feathers, sleep with black cats or have something that emits -ve plasma (feminine energy: black is also feminine) so that your astral travel will be easier.

EDIT:
Interesting, Just watching "Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 1: Water Episode 20: The Siege of the North Part 2"

The way he travels, he (plasma, his spirit body) touched Momo (an animal with fur) to get back to his physical body yall.

Last edited by elshaper; 26-09-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 17-11-2018, 07:14 AM   #15
streetlife

I’ve just had a really weird dream that felt real. I seemed to awake and was flying in the clouds. I was looking down at the lights of a big town or city and it felt great. Just as quick I started heading back down towards the ground. But as I looked back up at the sky a black triangle with red lights on each corner flew into the clouds. Does anyone think that’s an unusual dream?. A lot of weird stuff seems to be happening to me.
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #16
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Quote:

Yes - I've had that one, I woke up to find I was being stabbed to death in my bed by a sikh with a long-bladed knife, and he was repeatedly stabbing me in the stomach whilst plunging the knife with both hands - I then woke up from the dream.

Last edited by grimstock; 17-11-2018 at 07:37 PM.
grimstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #17
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
I’ve just had a really weird dream that felt real. I seemed to awake and was flying in the clouds. I was looking down at the lights of a big town or city and it felt great. Just as quick I started heading back down towards the ground. But as I looked back up at the sky a black triangle with red lights on each corner flew into the clouds. Does anyone think that’s an unusual dream?. A lot of weird stuff seems to be happening to me.
I used to enjoy flying dreams a lot, but haven't had any for years. I never had any triangles appear though. Red lights mean danger.
I found I could fly in any dream by raising my imaginary arms out in front of me- 90 degrees to the body - and then raising my vibration level until I lifted up to the height I wanted whilst upright and then I could relax and fly wherever I pointed my arms laying/facing down. I generally used to end up hundreds of feet above ground and then get totally lost over a city. When I realised I had no idea where I was, then I came down with a thump.

I even went to work once after the alarm had gone off, and got right into the centre of London before I realised I had left my body behind at home in the bed. I only realised it when changing underground train tunnels and noticed I was flying over the tops of the heads of other commuters.

I once found myself in a flying dream and looked down to see that I was a sparrow and was flying around from window to window inside the roof of a gym trying to get out of the skylight windows whilst two teams of five-a side football were shouting up at me and looking up and pointing and saying "the bird is trapped" -"try and get him down" I was desperate to avoid the humans.

Last edited by grimstock; 17-11-2018 at 09:16 PM.
grimstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 02:08 AM   #18
streetlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimstock View Post
I used to enjoy flying dreams a lot, but haven't had any for years. I never had any triangles appear though. Red lights mean danger.
Oh really, thanks for the reply this is like Astral projecting isn’t it? Dreaming is one of the biggest mysteries known to man.
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #19
JustMe418

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
Oh really, thanks for the reply this is like Astral projecting isn’t it? Dreaming is one of the biggest mysteries known to man.
Not quite. In lucid dreaming you become conscious of your own unconscious mind and can experience it with full awareness. In astral projection the subtle bodies moves away from the physical on another plane. Lucid dreaming can be used as a trigger for astral projection though.
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #20
JustMe418

Quote:
Done this several times
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote