Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Old 11-01-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
itsnotallrightjack

Default How the taxman spies on everything you buy and sell online

Quote:
How the taxman spies on everything you buy and sell online... thanks to a new law hardly anyone has noticed.

HMRC has been hiring teams of 'data analysts' and 'intelligence analysts.'

Tax officials are spying on eBay and Airbnb customers' accounts to obtain their names, addresses, bank account numbers and details of what they buy and sell online, Money Mail can reveal.

HM Revenue & Customs quietly acquired powers in September which allow it to snoop on anyone who uses so-called marketplace websites that connect buyers and sellers.

It means teams of investigators now have extensive access to websites such as Etsy — where craft-makers sell items like homemade cards and knitting — and eBay, as well as property and holiday letting sites including Booking.com and Airbnb.

They can also see customers' online shopping and sales receipts with payment firms such as PayPal and Worldpay.

Under new laws, these websites can now be forced to hand over millions of customers' details whenever the taxman asks.

Officials don't need any evidence that you have done something wrong to see your data, nor need they ask your permission or inform you that they're snooping.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new....html#comments

Meanwhile big companies practise tax dodging.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 02:48 AM   #2
raburgeson

Before any tax man bothers me with this crap they had better fix the road and bridges. They tax the hell out of people with the gas taxes and have doubled the price of ever last license in the state. They chip and tar and roll a new surface on that if lucky lasts 2 years. Our roads look like a land mine area that has had people force stampeded over it. You have to have 6 ply tires or better to keep the cords from separating. On top of all this the fortune 500 company GE does not pay taxes. Tell them to kiss you ass on main street. You legally have them for fraud, collecting taxes and not using the money as intended.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
mrspoons

I think the new "investigatory bill" was mainly a snoopers charter especially for the taxman.

What HMRC can find out about you

Visa and Mastercard transactions: Anonymised information on all payments

Land Registry records: To determine properties purchased, and stamp duty paid

DVLA: Details of cars purchased and owned by individuals

UK and overseas bank accounts: From this year it receives information from banks in more than 60 countries.

Internal tax documents: Systems show council tax paid, relevant VAT registration, previous tax investigations, last year's tax return (or absence of one)

Earnings: From any employer, including those you have worked for casually, or on an ad-hoc basis. This includes any company benefits received. It can also access child benefit and maintenance payments through the child support agency

Online marketplaces: Websites such as eBay and Gumtree can be accessed to weed out regular traders

Social media: The Connect system can also look at public social media account information, including from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

Web browsing and email records: Under the 'Snoopers Charter' HMRC will be able to access individual's digital information
mrspoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
kaito9

Last edited by kaito9; 13-01-2017 at 06:26 PM.
kaito9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #5
kaito9

kaito9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 02:40 AM   #6
wingwang

I've sold on eBay for a few years and in November I had a couple of requests for VAT invoices, the thing is, I've never had that before. It was just before I was about to go through the £83,000 VAT threshold which meant I had to compulsory become VAT registered.

Now I'm wondering if the queries were some sort of phishing attempt by officialdom. I did respond to the queries saying I was going through the registration process and couldn't give VAT invoices at that time, and then after I had become VAT registered I had another couple of requests for VAT invoices! Coincidence? Perhaps!

The impression I've got over the years is the VAT man is someone to fear, so I wouldn't put it past them to scrape data using the new powers they've got to create a watch list.
wingwang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
Irregular_Expression

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingwang View Post
I've sold on eBay for a few years and in November I had a couple of requests for VAT invoices, the thing is, I've never had that before. It was just before I was about to go through the £83,000 VAT threshold which meant I had to compulsory become VAT registered.

Now I'm wondering if the queries were some sort of phishing attempt by officialdom. I did respond to the queries saying I was going through the registration process and couldn't give VAT invoices at that time, and then after I had become VAT registered I had another couple of requests for VAT invoices! Coincidence? Perhaps!

The impression I've got over the years is the VAT man is someone to fear, so I wouldn't put it past them to scrape data using the new powers they've got to create a watch list.
^ yep, they are not collecting and sharing between agencies for no reason. Correlation across platforms is a concerning barrier that they are trying to legalize and implement.

Unlimited, unfettered, silent access to everything is what they want for control, power and financial extortion (taxes, fines)

Last edited by Irregular_Expression; 11-04-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Irregular_Expression is offline   Reply With Quote