Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 23-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #41
chevron
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevron View Post
You obviously don't appreciate the talents of Van Gogh or people like Rothko then Oz

You not think that those sunflowers are a good example of the expressionist genre then?

He wasn't an expressionist he was a post-impressionist

Who let her in here lol

I don't know my expressionists from my post impressionists

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expressionism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-Impressionism

Why is everything so chopped up and categorised

Nice little documentary about Mr Gogh I just found.

https://youtu.be/CUeIGjcpnHA

If you get bored the comments are really interesting also

Last edited by chevron; 23-11-2016 at 04:32 PM.
chevron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #42
velma

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten60 View Post
Even though we had our disagreements in previous posts,
you're a great artist !
Have we? I don't remember, but I'm sure I've had a few spats over the years and will have many more in the future. We may agree to disagree.

Thanks all for the kind words and support.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 12:23 AM   #43
velma

Quote:
Wow!!

The way his face is appearing from that canvas is awesome ......you could leave them half done like that couldn't you.....it's like looking at an unfinished symphony

Oh my ....someone's had a good bargain with your stuff eh ...£200....I bet they paid you and ran with it lol

Do you use other mediums Velma such as watercolour?

My partner dabbles from one to the other but he always goes back to oils as he enjoys working with them the most.

.....he's going through a messy pastel phase at the minute

I know exactly what you mean as regards the NWO influence ....it's the same with music and literature isn't it.

It's hard to decipher whose on whose side for me at times.

Whilst I do like abstract work and appreciate art of most genres I'm not into this modern conceptual malarkey.

I see NWO all over this ....detachment and discordance everywhere.

It's just a reflection of this crazy world we live in isn't it....and as you mentioned as regards Van Gogh ....the prices that artwork has reached.........imo that's become an artform in itself lol

I wonder what Lowry would think if he could see what they've done to him.

The last time I was down at the Tate Modern ....whilst I do like a lot of the stuff in there ....I did think to myself that if aliens were to land upon the earth and they visited that Tate as their first port of call ...

.....Then I reckon they would jump back on their spaceship and be out of here quick as a flash
I can paint/draw in any medium or genre.

I visited the Tate Modern recently and was appalled at what they call art and the waste of space to house it.

They had a huge canvas on display, with nothing on it and people were looking at it!
Old 24-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #44
chevron
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by velma View Post
I can paint/draw in any medium or genre.

I visited the Tate Modern recently and was appalled at what they call art and the waste of space to house it.

They had a huge canvas on display, with nothing on it and people were looking at it!

Hey .....I'd like to go and see that

I had a quick look and found their 'Nothing Works' exhibition I'm wondering if you may have seen one of it's pieces of 'artwork' ...

http://www.tate.org.uk/context-comme.../nothing-works

Thus, it seemed that the history of modern art had reached its zero point when Marcel Duchamp presented a glass pharmacy phial filled with Paris air to an American collector in 1919, or when Kazimir Malevich painted his White on White composition in 1918, and two years later filled a room with, as one person noted, empty canvases ‘devoid of colour, form and texture’ on the occasion of his first solo exhibition in Moscow. Yet in a 1968 article, critics Lucy Lippard and John Chandler could only observe that ‘the artist… has continued to make something of “nought” 50 years after Malevich’s White on White seemed to have defined nought for once and for all. We still do not know how much less ‘nothing’ can be.’ Thirty-five years later, Gabriel Orozco’s sole contribution to the Aperto exhibition at the 1993 Venice Biennale consisted of an empty shoe box, eight years before Martin Creed notoriously won the Turner Prize partly for his installation Work No. 227: The lights going on and off at regular intervals. Nearly ten noughty years down the line, and shortly after a museum survey entitled Voids: a Retrospective presented visitors with nine perfectly empty rooms, we are still none the wiser about ‘how much less “nothing” can be

They seem to be on a quest to define nothing lol

Welcome to the 21st century ...fasten your seat belts and buckle up tightly folks.

I think it's where philosophy, art and madness meet

I also saw this regarding the London Hayward ....an article about an upcoming exhibition back in 2012 .........of invisible art.

We are talking real art here now eh

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...n-7767057.html

I wonder how many went to it and paid the £8 admission fee

Would love to see more of your work Velma and look forward to perhaps doing so if you continue with this thread and post more images on here.

I'd love to be able to paint with watercolours ......some of the magical like quality of the effects produced are wonderful .......especially when trying to capture the sky.

I think this lady here has got a nice abstract floral style going on ( I think she's using acrylic ....you would know better than I )....... it is very daring at the end of your work to start flicking or dripping paint down it as some artists are doing.

https://youtu.be/GqRvptMsv3w

I really like the effect that you can get with it though.

My partner has tried it with a few of his pictures .....it has worked with some and looks quite effective.....but with other's it didn't lol

He did a watercolour of some hares and splashed that and it looked great but when he did it with a picture of a bird flying it looked like it had been shot in mid air.

If he reads this ....I am in trouble

Last edited by chevron; 24-11-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 24-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #45
the apprentice
Inactive

If we had a pricing scheme where every stroke of the brush in hand became a pound say, Velma would be equal in wealth with the other great artists.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 10:48 PM   #46
velma

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
If we had a pricing scheme where every stroke of the brush in hand became a pound say, Velma would be equal in wealth with the other great artists.
Don't you have to die first?
Old 24-11-2016, 11:30 PM   #47
velma

My cats

Hari - Aged 2 years

Dizzi - Aged 10 years

(Died suddenly on Nov 5th. RIP)
Old 25-11-2016, 05:00 AM   #48
velma

Old 25-11-2016, 05:05 AM   #49
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Apparently it is philistine to say 'I know what I like', if guilty, then so be it!
Velma rocks!!!

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 05:06 AM   #50
velma

Quote:

Hey .....I'd like to go and see that

I had a quick look and found their 'Nothing Works' exhibition I'm wondering if you may have seen one of it's pieces of 'artwork' ...

http://www.tate.org.uk/context-comme.../nothing-works

Thus, it seemed that the history of modern art had reached its zero point when Marcel Duchamp presented a glass pharmacy phial filled with Paris air to an American collector in 1919, or when Kazimir Malevich painted his White on White composition in 1918, and two years later filled a room with, as one person noted, empty canvases ‘devoid of colour, form and texture’ on the occasion of his first solo exhibition in Moscow. Yet in a 1968 article, critics Lucy Lippard and John Chandler could only observe that ‘the artist… has continued to make something of “nought” 50 years after Malevich’s White on White seemed to have defined nought for once and for all. We still do not know how much less ‘nothing’ can be.’ Thirty-five years later, Gabriel Orozco’s sole contribution to the Aperto exhibition at the 1993 Venice Biennale consisted of an empty shoe box, eight years before Martin Creed notoriously won the Turner Prize partly for his installation Work No. 227: The lights going on and off at regular intervals. Nearly ten noughty years down the line, and shortly after a museum survey entitled Voids: a Retrospective presented visitors with nine perfectly empty rooms, we are still none the wiser about ‘how much less “nothing” can be

They seem to be on a quest to define nothing lol

Welcome to the 21st century ...fasten your seat belts and buckle up tightly folks.

I think it's where philosophy, art and madness meet

I also saw this regarding the London Hayward ....an article about an upcoming exhibition back in 2012 .........of invisible art.

We are talking real art here now eh

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...n-7767057.html

I wonder how many went to it and paid the £8 admission fee

Would love to see more of your work Velma and look forward to perhaps doing so if you continue with this thread and post more images on here.

I'd love to be able to paint with watercolours ......some of the magical like quality of the effects produced are wonderful .......especially when trying to capture the sky.

I think this lady here has got a nice abstract floral style going on ( I think she's using acrylic ....you would know better than I )....... it is very daring at the end of your work to start flicking or dripping paint down it as some artists are doing.

https://youtu.be/GqRvptMsv3w

I really like the effect that you can get with it though.

My partner has tried it with a few of his pictures .....it has worked with some and looks quite effective.....but with other's it didn't lol

He did a watercolour of some hares and splashed that and it looked great but when he did it with a picture of a bird flying it looked like it had been shot in mid air.

If he reads this ....I am in trouble
People who get pleasure from looking at nothing must be vacant.

Watercolours are a nice medium for landscapes, flowers and birds.
Old 25-11-2016, 05:07 AM   #51
velma

Old 25-11-2016, 05:09 AM   #52
velma

Old 25-11-2016, 05:14 AM   #53
velma

Old 25-11-2016, 05:19 AM   #54
velma

Old 25-11-2016, 05:39 AM   #55
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Our house is filled with original acrylics and watercolours of florals. No prints anywhere. I have two favourites, one is of Iceland poppies going from sharp contrast to a gentle fade, brilliantly done. The other is of pastel bearded irises. Just hypnotically beautiful.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #56
velma

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Because it's a familiar pattern I see all through out society , the NWO position their people (who are mostly jewish) in places of trust when they want to move forward with a part of the dis-info control agenda , Freud , Einstein , bill gates , all the top bankers , hollywood , all the big internet companies ... politicians like may and merkle , most positions of power are held by jews , despite being less than 1% of the population of the west ....

My bet is , the CIA (NWO)had a plan to sell the public on this art (Blank canvases etc) ... they knew anyone could produce it , so approached one of their people (rothko) who they knew could keep a secret and told him "just churn it out, we'll get buyers for it and make you famous" ... he had to be in on the con , be able to keep a secret, and keep a strait face...

Just searched tracy emin's connections to judaism ....

"Tracey Emin and her kind clearly lead the pack on their way down into the bottomless abyss. These are the dupes of organized Jewry. By doing exactly what appeals to art patrons (almost all Jewish; see below), these infinitely corrupt talentless opportunists know they will become rich and famous...."
http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...ex-Plague.html
The main art collectors/dealers are Rothschild, Guggenheim and Oppenheimer.

The usual suspects...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...2_0_01378.html

Saatchi art:

https://www.saatchiart.com/art-colle...61/163012/view
Old 25-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #57
chevron
Inactive

Quote:
People who get pleasure from looking at nothing must be vacant.

Watercolours are a nice medium for landscapes, flowers and birds.
Awesome stuff Velma

You've got a wonderful gallery going on here.

Shame about your cat but I like those pictures

Those links you left also are very interesting as regards who the big art collectors of this world are ......also the one regards that Saatchi Gallery

I haven't seen that before ....whilst I like some of the artwork in there the prices are obscene aren't they.

In some ways I can't blame the artist if they are desperate financially for instance and then can get extraordinary amounts of money for their work ....same as musicians and writers and the arts in general I'm sure.

I say .....way hey go for it ....but just don't sell your soul ...... on the other hand ....it is so bizarrely wrong what has happened isn't it ...the system has lost any sense of real value and true workmanship imo.

As apprentice said ...if you were paid for the just amount of brush strokes .....the experience, hours and intensity of work that you deserve then your work should go for thousands shouldn't it ......perhaps millions if someone wealthy wanted for instance one of your boxing paintings such as that 1st one you put on here.

Sport images like you can do there I'm sure you know are a very selective market and you can command a lot of money if you are a good artist.......I bet if you went to a boxing tournament to auction that you would create a frenzy in the crowd as the bidding increased and what you would get for it would hit the roof imo

Do you sell your work online Velma ....we have never tried using the Internet for sales yet but am thinking of going that way.

It's not all about money though is it .......it's an honour even if someone says they like your work apart from asking to buy it from you ........I have met many great artists who have never sold a picture or exhibited anything in their lives and have got all their stuff just stashed at home or have given them to family and friends etc which I think is wonderful.

The unknown famous artists are the best
Old 26-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #58
velma

Quote:
Awesome stuff Velma

You've got a wonderful gallery going on here.

Shame about your cat but I like those pictures

Those links you left also are very interesting as regards who the big art collectors of this world are ......also the one regards that Saatchi Gallery

I haven't seen that before ....whilst I like some of the artwork in there the prices are obscene aren't they.

In some ways I can't blame the artist if they are desperate financially for instance and then can get extraordinary amounts of money for their work ....same as musicians and writers and the arts in general I'm sure.

I say .....way hey go for it ....but just don't sell your soul ...... on the other hand ....it is so bizarrely wrong what has happened isn't it ...the system has lost any sense of real value and true workmanship imo.

As apprentice said ...if you were paid for the just amount of brush strokes .....the experience, hours and intensity of work that you deserve then your work should go for thousands shouldn't it ......perhaps millions if someone wealthy wanted for instance one of your boxing paintings such as that 1st one you put on here.

Sport images like you can do there I'm sure you know are a very selective market and you can command a lot of money if you are a good artist.......I bet if you went to a boxing tournament to auction that you would create a frenzy in the crowd as the bidding increased and what you would get for it would hit the roof imo

Do you sell your work online Velma ....we have never tried using the Internet for sales yet but am thinking of going that way.

It's not all about money though is it .......it's an honour even if someone says they like your work apart from asking to buy it from you ........I have met many great artists who have never sold a picture or exhibited anything in their lives and have got all their stuff just stashed at home or have given them to family and friends etc which I think is wonderful.

The unknown famous artists are the best
I don't seek fame or fortune, but it would be nice to make an honest living from what I love doing. That is the dream....
Old 27-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #59
chevron
Inactive

Quote:
I don't seek fame or fortune, but it would be nice to make an honest living from what I love doing. That is the dream....
Yeh ....that would do me lol.

I've been dreaming it for years but it keeps turning into a nightmare

We are thinking of totally changing direction in the New Year as what we have been trying to achieve just gets harder and harder each year as we are up against so much........our age playing a big factor also.

The Internet has been putting the last nails into the coffins of small independent businesses over the last few years in many cases ......I talk to shopkeepers and business owners in general all over the place and most say similar things as regards high street retail spending etc.

I'd still like to be involved with framing and art but perhaps open a crafts centre to teach teenagers for instance .......maybe young adults who were getting into trouble and whatavyer .....help them to learn to frame and paint and hopefully inspire them to get involved in any craft skills in general.

As I've said I'm not an artist ....I barely know which end of the brush to use

What apprentice is trying to achieve is admirable with his craft school.

A friend of mine has rented the floor of an old mill quite cheaply and has got artists coming out of the woodwork to get onboard so he just charges them a minimal amount of rent for space and a bit of privacy and everyone's happy happy.....I see this going on in many parts of the country and if was an artist I would tag along with these sorts of peeps.

I do that anyway .....but I'm just not an artist lol ........I look at the frame and the mount etc and the workmanship there first and not the artwork itself
.......only kidding

Getting artists together as a community is the way to go imo and from my own experience with studios and gallerys is that if you open up and put some good art work on show.........'they will come'

We've tried all sorts of things from craft fairs to renting space in shopping malls .....hiring space in an Asda ( which was quite profitable I might add ) as the big supermarkets do still tend to rent space as long as it doesn't conflict with what they are selling ...they tend to like the local community things and usually are ready to jump onboard especially with art I have found.

Sometimes it might be slower than others lol ......but on the whole I have found they do come ......often just to browse but some people do appreciate art don't they and they will buy and also above everything folk love to meet the artist face to face and have a chat.

I'm sure you know yourself that there are a lot of people out there who are willing to pay good money for the kind of art you can do such as that boxer one etc......I know for sure I could sell stuff like that.

I don't think I need to tell you that there's also many that will try to fleece you too ....it's like the music business isn't it so I wouldn't try to offer what I do to you and I wouldn't even try to recommend anyone that would take your work also as I wouldn't want to be coming across as trying to make money out of you....all I could do is suggest routes we have taken that may or may not be of help to yourself.

Many artists are buying large format printers themselves these days and doing their own self publishing which cuts out the middle man.

I'm getting older and crazier so if I don't do something different soon I'm not sure I'll be able to.

I'd also like to work in a large gallery such as the Tate doing the framing and rearranging the art here and there .........I'd have had 'that bed'.....

...... properly made and all the junk binned

A couple of forums here .....you may have already come across them yourself .........The Framers Grumble based in the US and the UK site The Framers Forum.

http://www.theframersforum.com/

http://www.thegrumble.com/index.php

You'll find all the knowledge you would ever need to know about framing and printing and also lots on art in general between these two sites....the US guys leading the field in many cases imo.

Both of them readily welcome someone like yourself and gladly offer you the best advice and latest knowledge as is possible.

Lots of newbies get on board.........artists and photographers alike go on there for advice and socialising etc.

Most of them on there are veteran framers with OCD

Last edited by chevron; 27-11-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #60
velma

Quote:
I'm getting older and crazier so if I don't do something different soon I'm not sure I'll be able to.

I'd also like to work in a large gallery such as the Tate doing the framing and rearranging the art here and there .........I'd have had 'that bed'.....

...... properly made and all the junk binned
Here's some more tidying up for you... required at the Tate!

http://news.sky.com/story/giant-butt...nders-10684077