Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess
Doctor who is a show about change....
The original was the best!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #102
hayed joe

Tomorrow's episode is NOT about Rosa Parks! It contains giant spiders and an American property tycoon angling to become President.
That sounds mildly amusing? I'm incredibly entertained over the idea already.
It's called "ARACHNIDS IN THE UK". See? Funny!

Also, given The Doctor has barely mentioned or acts any differently now she's a woman, is not THAT PC indoctrination.
You didn't get your views on the show from YouTube review channels?

Last edited by hayed joe; 26-10-2018 at 09:24 PM.
hayed joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #103
hayed joe

OK, OK. That one was shit.
I can handle the anti-Trump stuff. But what's the biggest unforgivable is the story just spluttered out. No pay off.
hayed joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #104
bamboozooka

how much did that episode cost just to plant (trumps and arrogant twat that likes guns) in peoples heads.
after watching this diverse pc drivel, just think what james bond would have become had they not kicked danny boyle into touch.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #105
jake_ball

Re OP, it's a shame what the BBC are doing, but to be honest it's best to switch the tv off....permanently. That will sort out the "Dr Who" problem.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #106
greenhulk40

I hear Whitaker and Chibnall are leaving Doctor Who lets hope it's true , so far DW has been SJW PC shit, it's time Doctor Who was scrapped or replace Whitaker with Anne Widecome ?? she would make a great Time Lord .

Last edited by greenhulk40; 24-11-2018 at 08:32 PM.
greenhulk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #107
hayed joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhulk40 View Post
I hear Whitaker and Chibnall are leaving Doctor Who lets hope it's true , so far DW has been SJW PC shit, it's time Doctor Who was scrapped or replace Whitaker with Anne Widecome ?? she would make a great Time Lord .
I do want to like the series a lot more than I appear to be. I think even though every story has a Doctor shaped vacuum in the episode I'm still not that convinced by Jodie.
And if rumours true then that's a shame, although it means she joins the club of Doctor Who actors after Tennant who deserved better scripts.
You might say PC but even looking past that the episodes have been "OK".
More rewatch value than previous three years. But nowhere near the bold strides the media has been hyping the move of female Doctor made.
Old 24-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #108
greenhulk40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayed joe View Post
I do want to like the series a lot more than I appear to be. I think even though every story has a Doctor shaped vacuum in the episode I'm still not that convinced by Jodie.
And if rumours true then that's a shame, although it means she joins the club of Doctor Who actors after Tennant who deserved better scripts.
You might say PC but even looking past that the episodes have been "OK".
More rewatch value than previous three years. But nowhere near the bold strides the media has been hyping the move of female Doctor made.
I enjoyed Peter Calpadi as the Doctor although his last season was not so good, i think he is a better actor than Whitaker for me she is trying to be like Tennant mixed with Eclestone , the new writers have certainly pissed off the hardcore fans who have followed Who for years, it just doesn't feel like Doctor Who anymore, it should go away for a few years and come back with new writers, it definitely needs a break.
Old 24-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #109
hayed joe

Quote:
I enjoyed Peter Calpadi as the Doctor although his last season was not so good, i think he is a better actor than Whitaker for me she is trying to be like Tennant mixed with Eclestone , the new writers have certainly pissed off the hardcore fans who have followed Who for years, it just doesn't feel like Doctor Who anymore, it should go away for a few years and come back with new writers, it definitely needs a break.
The biggest "FFS!!!" is Jodie's ludicrous policy of not watching ANY episodes from previous Doctors!
A huge shame as if she'd realised The Doctor works really well with quieter, pensive angles, her performance would not be as slight as she sadly has proved to be.
I think if there is a cancellation pending, they may as well go for broke and get a show runner who is as unfamiliar with the series as Jodie as hopefully that would be the spark the show, and Jodie's Doctor needs.
Old 25-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #110
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

i don't mind her as the Doctor, tbf. but as you say the series suffers from the projection of PC and SJW narratives.

Bottom line is that the Doctor is, and should always be, above that.

The last Doctors leading into this series have been amazing, Ecclestone Tennant, Mat Smith, Capaldi all shone. John Hurt was brilliant, and the three Doctors episode really stood out as one of the landmark episodes.

i think Ecclestone Tennant, Mat Smith and Capaldi all had landmark episodes, but beyond that, their time as the Doctor gives us a rack of series' that can be revisited over and over - sure there were a few shoddy episodes, there always is - every episodic drama series has them: Quantum Leap, Star Trek, Stargate etc etc has some duff episodes, but on the whole we've been given a great catalogue of work that has a high re-watchable essence to it.

And that is not only down to the actors, but the writers and producers to. Without that development team the shows wouldn't have gone where they did.

Capaldi was a breath of fresh air because he bought back the sinister, dark and brooding element that had been hinted at and tentatively poked a few times before.

Jody isn't capitalising on that - and that's not her fault, she can only do so much with the material she's being given.

And when that material is lacklustre, when it is stained with this PC bollocks and bullshit memes that Aunty Beeb have seen fit to taint it with, then it's bound to fail.

As Jake said above - the only answer is to turn it off, don't watch it.

If it offends you that much then free it from your life.

I've not watched an episode for some time now. i dipped in and out of the Rosie Parks one, it was on, but it didn't have my attention. The one after that, i think it was the spiders one - even that was coloured with the diversity brush, and we switched it off - i've not seen any episodes since.

It is sad that the writers, developers, producers and the actors themselves have had the bollocks cut away from their ability to write powerful and tantalising story arcs because of the Beebs desire and infatuation with diversity.

We don't need history lessons from the Doctor. A Time Lord moving through history to 'observe' history is all well and good - it was a nice and fun twist to see the Doctor married to Elizabeth 1, to see Capaldi as Beethoven - touching into histories with a bit of sideways thinking - because that is what the Doctor(s) do best - it is both engaging and dramatic. Those stories were written as additions to history, another side of history that 'you don't see.'
So, let the writers continue to show the hidden hands of history instead of being shackled by PC directives.

That is how the Doctor should be - a part of it all, without being seen. Not just there to observe, but a tangible cog, a driving force - like a rock in a river that steers the current, a rock that can upturn everything with no-warning, but somehow never does - the Doctor should be in the mix, not standing at the edge of the river watching.

On a side note here, i always loved what Paul McGann did in his short time as the Doctor - he had the passion, enthusiasm, and eccentricity typical of the Doctor - aspects that were carried over through the reigns of Ecclestone Tennant, Smith and Capaldi - but sadly, the BBC have seen fit to castrate the Doctor - both figuratively and metaphorically. And literally.

It just seems that the Time Lord can not be constrained by anything except Political Correctness.

i wonder how the BBC could get it so wrong.
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #111
artmuzz

I cannot take Jodie Whittaker seriously as The Doctor. She reminds me of Jane Horrocks’ Bubbles from Absolutely Fabulous mixed with Raquel from Coronation Street. The SWJ and PC bollocks gets on my nerves too.

When I look at Jodie’s portrayal of The Doctor it’s like Bubbles or Raquel from said shows was beamed into the tardis to control the tardis and fight villains while The (real) Doctor goes for a holiday. She really doesn’t have any Doctorish/Timelord/lady qualities about her.

As I’ve said before on this thread I became a fan of Dr Who when I was 8 years old and loved the classic series. I grew up with the Peter Davison era and continued watching until the end of the Sylvester McCoy era. I wasn’t keen on the TV Movie in 1996 but McGann showed potential. However, when the show returned in 2005 I didn’t like it at all. IMO the series has been crap since it came back in 2005. However, Peter Capaldi showed potential but was given shit scripts.

The only thing I like about the Jodie Whittaker series is Segun Akinola’s music which is back on track to the brilliant music the BBC Radiophonic Workshop made on the classic series which is much better than Murray Gold’s shitty farty bombastic brass band crap which made 21st century Dr Who more unbearable.

Last edited by artmuzz; 28-11-2018 at 08:06 AM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #112
greenhulk40

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
I cannot take Jodie Whittaker seriously as The Doctor. She reminds me of Jane Horrocks’ Bubbles from Absolutely Fabulous mixed with Raquel from Coronation Street. The SWJ and PC bollocks gets on my nerves too.

When I look at Jodie’s portrayal of The Doctor it’s like Bubbles or Raquel from said shows was beamed into the tardis to control the tardis and fight villains while The (real) Doctor goes for a holiday. She really doesn’t have any Doctorish/Timelord/lady qualities about her.

As I’ve said before on this thread I became a fan of Dr Who when I was 8 years old and loved the classic series. I grew up with the Peter Davison era and continued watching until the end of the Sylvester McCoy era. I wasn’t keen on the TV Movie in 1996 but McGann showed potential. However, when the show returned in 2005 I didn’t like it at all. IMO the series has been crap since it came back in 2005. However, Peter Capaldi showed potential but was given shit scripts.

The only thing I like about the Jodie Whittaker series is Segun Akinola’s music which is back on track to the brilliant music the BBC Radiophonic Workshop made on the classic series which is much better than Murray Gold’s shitty farty bombastic brass band crap which made 21st century Dr Who more unbearable.
She reminds me of Leanne Battersby from Coronation Street , the new Who is bollocks i have had enough and won't be watching it's a comedy show, it's miles away from the old classic DW, i gave it a chance but it's painful to watch and like you say the only good thing is the new theme tune everything else is PC crap .
Old 29-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #113
cosmic tramp

Excellent casting.She does, after all, come from the epicentre of the known universe: Yorkshire. I'm only sorry Brian Glover never got awarded the role.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 29-11-2018 at 03:34 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #114
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
The SWJ and PC bollocks gets on my nerves too.
The PC brigade are the new puritans smiting anyone they deem a heretic to their fake-left religion

Quote:
As I’ve said before on this thread I became a fan of Dr Who when I was 8 years old and loved the classic series.
''thou shalt not enjoy your childhood heroes! Thou must feelest guilt for being a male!''

''''thou must knowest fun no longer! Instead thou must atone by accepting all of your childhood heroes being turned into women!''

Old 29-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #115
thee_doctor

Quote:
She reminds me of Leanne Battersby from Coronation Street , the new Who is bollocks i have had enough and won't be watching it's a comedy show, it's miles away from the old classic DW, i gave it a chance but it's painful to watch and like you say the only good thing is the new theme tune everything else is PC crap .
I was in Blackpool on the 1st November took a visit to see the waxwork of the 13th Doctor at Madame Tussauds, walked around then saw the Tardis light up walked towards it the statue had no presence there was no vibe this was The Doctor, she looked real tiny also her hands are very small the costume is ill fitting and looks very cheap, the Tardis prop close up looks very plastic I don't know if the prop in the series is fiberglass but the wood grain looks very fake, the pebble dash is gone from the windows even the prop here seems a bit small I really don't like the base looks too chunky.
I gave her a chance but the series with chibnall's writing along with her poor performances she just is not The Doctor that character died with Capaldi last christmas.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:34 PM   #116
bamboozooka

the only thing my kid took out from the new series was a liking for custard creams.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote