Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 14-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #1

Default Alternative currencies

Things that will be good to trade with if things get very rough.

Sugar, tobacco, tea/coffee, vodka, chocolate, possibly salt.

Easy to store, easily divisable, familiar, highly addictive.

These will be the commods that charge a high premium, a stockade of those will leave you king of the castle....but people will soon get jealous of your stash so trade carefully.

To those would be "do gooders", even handing this stuff out for free will bring out the worst in people. "How come he/she has so much? I bet they have more the greedy, hoarding bastards." Prepare to be robbed and/or shopped as a black market profiteer just because you had a little more foresight than the sheeple.
1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
stickwhistler

Watch this video

Think about what you see. Do the necessary.

Here is a log of real experience in collapsing society in 2005.
Precede the below with www. and paste it into your browser.

frugalsquirrels.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=044387;p=1

Learn from these articles.
stickwhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
jonas parker

You might also want a small supply of "real money" (silver and gold coins). Since even fractional gold coins will be difficult to use because of the high value, I think silver coins are the way to go.

I don't have the reference books for British coinage, but US coins (dimes, quarters, and half-dollars) were 90% silver through 1964 and Canadian dimes, quarters, and half-dollars were 80% silver through 1966. After that, both US and Canadian coins became zinc-plated copper. The old silver US coins have a "melt value" of approximately 7 times the face value of the coin based on the current COMEX price of $9.47/ozt, but in reality, there is a shortage of physical silver, and the cost to purchase pre-1965 silver US coins is generally running between 10 and 12 times the face value of the coin.

The best deals on silver coins that I've found are on eBay.

This roll of 20 "Walking Liberty" US half dollars with a $10.00 face value is worth about $100.00.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-Roll-20-Bull...3A1|240%3A1318

Last edited by jonas parker; 14-11-2008 at 08:48 PM.
jonas parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
griswald

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1694 View Post
Things that will be good to trade with if things get very rough.

Sugar, tobacco, tea/coffee, vodka, chocolate, possibly salt.

Easy to store, easily divisable, familiar, highly addictive.

These will be the commods that charge a high premium, a stockade of those will leave you king of the castle....but people will soon get jealous of your stash so trade carefully.

To those would be "do gooders", even handing this stuff out for free will bring out the worst in people. "How come he/she has so much? I bet they have more the greedy, hoarding bastards." Prepare to be robbed and/or shopped as a black market profiteer just because you had a little more foresight than the sheeple.
So, if i get this right. Instead of NWO banking cartels ripping me off, and taking all my dosh, that I dont have any more..
Its going to be replaced with survivalists ripping me off with a different form of currency...

Oh and you forgot an important form of currency...sex. Now dont try and tell me you wouldn,t part with a few boxes of chocs for Angelina J...

griswald
griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
ashur

Quote:
Oh and you forgot an important form of currency...sex
Attractive energetic women are born with a superior inbuilt form of asset that is infinite while it lasts. I've always known that. Absolutely no problem of any lack of currency even without sex or selling out that much, as attention and presence is still valuable currency in itself. You get them coming to you. You already therefore have resources.

That's why the NWO can't really stop attractive women because they are able to get past the currency enslavement through the superior currency they have that is unseen and can be transfered into money, food, whatever they need. It's definitely a potential asset to be made useful. You need to have intelligence to use it effectively first though. You would also need to understand equal exchanges and the effect it has on you.

Last edited by ashur; 14-11-2008 at 10:36 PM.
ashur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by griswald View Post
So, if i get this right. Instead of NWO banking cartels ripping me off, and taking all my dosh, that I dont have any more..
Its going to be replaced with survivalists ripping me off with a different form of currency...

Oh and you forgot an important form of currency...sex. Now dont try and tell me you wouldn,t part with a few boxes of chocs for Angelina J...

griswald
Not really, the survivalist won't be able to invent these currencies out of nothing. All exchanges will be done at "fair value" as agreed by buyer and seller. Once sold the seller also no longer has the item, unlike current money which is just doubled when sold/rented out.

RE: Sex. Yeah a good one, can be traded directly for goods and services ala prostitution, or rolled into a package deal and exchanged for a bundle of goods and services ala prositition....I mean ala a relationship.....no wait....
1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
hagbard_celine

I'd like to have a barter aconomy, but a small local currency is the same thing. Other threads on this subject:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10285

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36250

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin

Last edited by hagbard_celine; 17-11-2008 at 02:49 PM.
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote